What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

You forgot about because of how stupid and icky men are.
Yeah, that’s what I meant by blindness to victims without getting into too many details. What that Police department did to the first victim is beyond shameful and is really sad because it actually happened. Without having watched the show, they would have enough material to paint males into a very negative light based on what I remember from the news articles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckna said:
Yeah, that’s what I meant by blindness to victims without getting into too many details. What that Police department did to the first victim is beyond shameful and is really sad because it actually happened. Without having watched the show, they would have enough material to paint males into a very negative light based on what I remember from the news articles.
Trust me...they don't lose a chance to paint males badly. There are a couple well written men, but the general tenor isnt favorable. 

Undone. Prime. 

WOW. 
Agreed. I'm going to watch it again because it was so complex. Incredible, including the animation,  but incredibly deep.
Started this one night this week because of you guys- thanks!

Ended up binging (and finishing) almost the entire season last night...thanks?

Genuinely compelling show. I'm a fan of shows and movies that play with reality vs psychosis/other- and this does it really well. Yeah, trippy as hell with some great use of animation to further the story, and also really nicely written characters and relationships which could be argued to be the core of the story. Really liked this one and will likely watch again.

like badmojo, I kept thinking about Jacobs Ladder while watching this...but I hope it's not. Even still, by the end I got so wrapped up in the characters and story that Mojo's explanation of the light at the end didn't occur to me at all. 

ok so absentia was pretty good i finished season 1 on amozonian and i liked it i did not have my lady around tho so you are getting one mans opinion and no ladyness on it take that to the bank brochachos 

Started watching "Dark" the other week.

I can't deal with the English dubbing so have to do subtitles. I really like it, but man does it demand your full attention when watching.

Started watching "Dark" the other week.

I can't deal with the English dubbing so have to do subtitles. I really like it, but man does it demand your full attention when watching.
I watched it dubbed...still good, but big mistake. Totally agree, especially with subtitles- you need to pay attention. 

Watched all of that Borat “The Spy” thing.

Meh.  Should have been about 3 episodes at most.
tru dat

i'm the opposite of "let's get to the chases & shootouts" but i'm seeing more & more good television made clunky by inclusion of superfluous homelife angles. i thought they needed it for the risks to his cover, but they really didn't. more feminization?

tru dat

i'm the opposite of "let's get to the chases & shootouts" but i'm seeing more & more good television made clunky by inclusion of superfluous homelife angles. i thought they needed it for the risks to his cover, but they really didn't. more feminization?
100% with you on the “homelife” stuff.  “Mindhunter” really bogged down this last season with some goofy crap about one of the detective’s kids.  Totally unnecessary.

In terms of “The Spy” I thought the whole relationship between Cohen’s boss and Cohen’s wife was forced and added nothing.  

One thing I really liked about S2 is that it was primarily just good old detective work that caught the bad guy:

--using river current patterns to diagnose where the killer likely dumped the some of the bodies

--the classic stakeouts

The new 'cutting edge' mode isn't full-proof on its own.
I read “Whoever Fights Monsters”  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Ressler when it first came out. Fascinating read.

A few years later I stumbled across an article where a detective(?) was asked about Ressler’s crowing about the BSU and their methods.  The detective praised the work the FBI was doing but said that most of the cases Ressler used to illustrate how awesome the BSU’s “profiling” were actually solved by good, old-fashioned leg-work. 

Unbelievable is a great new perspective for crime drama.

Not for the faint of heart of sexual assault disturbs you.
I liked this. It didn’t knock my socks off but I thought it was well done.  Some pretty great, understated acting.

And since we were just talking about shows that feel the need to shove “homelife” storylines do our throats...I really enjoyed how this show handled the dynamics between the detectives and their SOs.  No overwrought “your job is ruining this family!” BS.  

Anyone still interested in The 100? (there weren't many of us before) Just watched season 6.

What started as a teenage angst drama has turned in to a decent show. Season 6 was best since season 1. Bummed to hear season 7 will be the last. 

Anyone still interested in The 100? (there weren't many of us before) Just watched season 6.

What started as a teenage angst drama has turned in to a decent show. Season 6 was best since season 1. Bummed to hear season 7 will be the last. 
This season was great.  The 100 is top tier trash TV.  I will miss it.  

I’ll have to go the opposite here, couldn’t stand this last season of The 100, felt childish (and that’s with season 1 in comparison).  Octavia and Abigail, Clarke’s mom, have entered Lori and Andrea from TWD range, just kill them please!!  I’ll finish the series out, just not a fan of most recent season.

I’ll have to go the opposite here, couldn’t stand this last season of The 100, felt childish (and that’s with season 1 in comparison).  Octavia and Abigail, Clarke’s mom, have entered Lori and Andrea from TWD range, just kill them please!!  I’ll finish the series out, just not a fan of most recent season.
Kind of agree. I like the show but man it really is pretty terrible in general. Not sure why I keep watching a show I think is pretty bad. Mindless entertainment I guess. And I’m very generous in my evaluations of any kind of sci-fi/fantasy as they are my favorite genres.

Something tells me you did not finish this season.

Kind of agree. I like the show but man it really is pretty terrible in general. Not sure why I keep watching a show I think is pretty bad. Mindless entertainment I guess. And I’m very generous in my evaluations of any kind of sci-fi/fantasy as they are my favorite genres.
You are Wonkru or you are an enemy of Wonkru. 

How does this show not have an Emmy?

(Fun fact. “Wonkru” auto corrects to “Winery” on my phone)

Running out of shows...just started Dexter and am enjoying it...7 years after everyone else.

Jack Ryan and Ozark new seasons can't get here soon enough.

Running out of shows...just started Dexter and am enjoying it...7 years after everyone else.

Jack Ryan and Ozark new seasons can't get here soon enough.
Seasons 1, 2 & 4 are amazing of Dexter, still some of my favorite tv ever. Unfortunately after that it goes downhill fast.

Just finished The Spy and damn that was good.  Crazy good actually.  Cohen is an incredible actor and the way he switches between the 2 characters should win him an award.  Not sure why he went back after being home and everyone knew he was walking into a death sentence. 

Watched maybe the first 5 episodes.

Minuses: The 2 good characters are revealed early, and all the bad stuff happens to them. Few likeable characters.

Pluses: Main characters well-acted. Kelly Reilly drinks all the time and gets nekkid a lot.
It goes way off the rails in season 2.  Still its beautifully shot and I will watch season 3.

The show would be better if they killed off Clark.

Well I'm not sure about best all time I would need to rewatch it a few more times to see if deserves mention with The Great Escape, Shawshank, Papillon, Longest Yard (original of course), Bridge on the River Kwai, Midnight Express, American History X, Green Mile, Stalag 17, Blood In Blood Out, American Me, Stir Crazy (oh yes I did) etc.But still Un Prophete is an excellent film worthy of it's academy nomination last year.
Whoa!  I just stumbled across a trailer for this film.  Looks incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwIHyeDaL8

How is this?
The show or the season?

The show is a blast, but after a couple episodes I'm having a problem with the way this season has been made (goofily overwrought).

Eta...discussed more in the peaky blinders thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if Netflix or Amazon but we watched Hereditary last night and I'd call it one of the scariest movies I've ever seen

Users who are viewing this thread