Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
KCC

Netflix "Watch Instantly" gems: FBGs recommended

Watched "Clue" last night for family movie night. Fun, I suppose, but not a smash.

Anyone still interested in The 100? (there weren't many of us before) Just watched season 6.

What started as a teenage angst drama has turned in to a decent show. Season 6 was best since season 1. Bummed to hear season 7 will be the last. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bro1ncos said:

Anyone still interested in The 100? (there weren't many of us before) Just watched season 6.

What started as a teenage angst drama has turned in to a decent show. Season 6 was best since season 1. Bummed to hear season 7 will be the last. 

This season was great.  The 100 is top tier trash TV.  I will miss it.  

• Like 1

I’ll have to go the opposite here, couldn’t stand this last season of The 100, felt childish (and that’s with season 1 in comparison).  Octavia and Abigail, Clarke’s mom, have entered Lori and Andrea from TWD range, just kill them please!!  I’ll finish the series out, just not a fan of most recent season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That one guy said:

I’ll have to go the opposite here, couldn’t stand this last season of The 100, felt childish (and that’s with season 1 in comparison).  Octavia and Abigail, Clarke’s mom, have entered Lori and Andrea from TWD range, just kill them please!!  I’ll finish the series out, just not a fan of most recent season.

Kind of agree. I like the show but man it really is pretty terrible in general. Not sure why I keep watching a show I think is pretty bad. Mindless entertainment I guess. And I’m very generous in my evaluations of any kind of sci-fi/fantasy as they are my favorite genres.

4 hours ago, That one guy said:

Something tells me you did not finish this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ranethe said:

Kind of agree. I like the show but man it really is pretty terrible in general. Not sure why I keep watching a show I think is pretty bad. Mindless entertainment I guess. And I’m very generous in my evaluations of any kind of sci-fi/fantasy as they are my favorite genres.

WRONG

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, Ranethe said:

You are Wonkru or you are an enemy of Wonkru. 

How does this show not have an Emmy?

(Fun fact. “Wonkru” auto corrects to “Winery” on my phone)

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Running out of shows...just started Dexter and am enjoying it...7 years after everyone else.

Jack Ryan and Ozark new seasons can't get here soon enough.

11 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Something tells me you did not finish this season.

Haha, whoops...see, that’s how forgettable season 6 was, already lapsing on which characters bit it in the last episode!  

6 hours ago, TripItUp said:

..just started Dexter and am enjoying it.

I recommend stopping after season 4.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Running out of shows...just started Dexter and am enjoying it...7 years after everyone else.

Jack Ryan and Ozark new seasons can't get here soon enough.

Seasons 1, 2 & 4 are amazing of Dexter, still some of my favorite tv ever. Unfortunately after that it goes downhill fast.

• Like 1

Just finished The Spy and damn that was good.  Crazy good actually.  Cohen is an incredible actor and the way he switches between the 2 characters should win him an award.  Not sure why he went back after being home and everyone knew he was walking into a death sentence. 

On 9/14/2019 at 7:40 PM, fatness said:

Watched maybe the first 5 episodes.

Minuses: The 2 good characters are revealed early, and all the bad stuff happens to them. Few likeable characters.

Pluses: Main characters well-acted. Kelly Reilly drinks all the time and gets nekkid a lot.

It goes way off the rails in season 2.  Still its beautifully shot and I will watch season 3.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Seasons 1, 2 & 4 are amazing of Dexter, still some of my favorite tv ever. Unfortunately after that it goes downhill fast.

good to know

22 hours ago, That one guy said:

The show would be better if they killed off Clark.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2011 at 3:56 PM, Chaka said:

Well I'm not sure about best all time I would need to rewatch it a few more times to see if deserves mention with The Great Escape, Shawshank, Papillon, Longest Yard (original of course), Bridge on the River Kwai, Midnight Express, American History X, Green Mile, Stalag 17, Blood In Blood Out, American Me, Stir Crazy (oh yes I did) etc.But still Un Prophete is an excellent film worthy of it's academy nomination last year.

Whoa!  I just stumbled across a trailer for this film.  Looks incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwIHyeDaL8

Anybody watch In The Shadow of the Moon? I thought it was pretty solid. 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:29 PM, shuke said:

Finished Undone.  Loved everything about it.  

Same. It’s pretty rare to have a one-season show anymore, but I don’t think there’s any reason for a season 2 on this one. It’s over. 

Yeah, the Sinner season 2 was real good. Solid. It never slows down, love the pace.

Edited by John Bender

On 10/4/2019 at 6:01 PM, CGRdrJoe said:

Pesky blinders season 5 is on Netflix now!

How is this?

7 hours ago, TripItUp said:

How is this?

The show or the season?

The show is a blast, but after a couple episodes I'm having a problem with the way this season has been made (goofily overwrought).

Eta...discussed more in the peaky blinders thread

Edited by El Floppo

Not sure if Netflix or Amazon but we watched Hereditary last night and I'd call it one of the scariest movies I've ever seen

On 10/1/2019 at 4:21 AM, Juxtatarot said:

I recommend stopping after season 4.

Season 5 is not bad with Julia Stiles, but yeah 6&7 are bad. With the worst ending for a show ever

Finished the Hulu comedy series, "Ramy, last night. Pretty good even if it isn't huge laughs. More a comedy like "Master of None" but not as artfully rendered. Still good even if it takes a :unsure: turn in the final episode of the season.

Also, watched "Late Night" movie with Emma Thompson and Mindy Kaling on Prime. Not awesome but perfect lighter fare. I love Emma Thompson in pretty much any role. 

3 hours ago, saintfool said:

Finished the Hulu comedy series, "Ramy, last night. Pretty good even if it isn't huge laughs. More a comedy like "Master of None" but not as artfully rendered. Still good even if it takes a :unsure: turn in the final episode of the season.

Also, watched "Late Night" movie with Emma Thompson and Mindy Kaling on Prime. Not awesome but perfect lighter fare. I love Emma Thompson in pretty much any role. 

PASS.

25 minutes ago, facook said:

PASS.

I get it. I don't think she's particularly funny or good actor. That said, she's not a bad writer.

37 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Just started “Fracture” on Netflix....will report back.

I couldn't get very far in this.

Just watched Deon Cole's standup comedy. Dude is hilarious.

It also might be @Arizona Ron given all the talk of threesomes.

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Just watched Deon Cole's standup comedy. Dude is hilarious.

It also might be @Arizona Ron given all the talk of threesomes.

I just finished this also. A+++ so damn funny.

2 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Just started “Fracture” on Netflix....will report back.

Meh, definitely a B movie.  Would suggest a pass unless you are desperate for a flick.  Not sure why Netflix would promote this.

Has anyone watched In The Tall Grass? Don't! About 90% of the movie was filmed in the dark & you cant see what the @@@@ is going on.  So so bad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irish eyes said:

Has anyone watched In The Tall Grass? Don't! About 90% of the movie was filmed in the dark & you cant see what the @@@@ is going on.  So so bad.

Directors that do this should be tar and feathered.  

On 10/13/2019 at 12:04 AM, TripItUp said:

How is this?

Do yourself a favor and move this show to the front of your list. One of my favorite shows all time. Up there with breaking bad and sopranos for me. 

Edited by Weebs210

44 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Do yourself a favor and move this show to the front of your list. One of my favorite shows all time. Up there with breaking bad and sopranos for me. 

I've seen the first several seasons, was wondering how the most recent season was?

12 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I've seen the first several seasons, was wondering how the most recent season was?

Ah my bad. Just finished it this weekend, I really liked it.

Somehow I started in with the "Ressurcation: Ertugrul" series. It's total Turkish state propaganda, the subtitles are atrocious, the pace is bad, much of the acting is laughable (like I find myself laughing at the performances and they're not intended as comedy), the characters are almost non-dimensional caricatures, the writing is both incredibly simplistic and improbable (even given that we know the title character can't die - at least until he fathers Osman -  if any sort of historical integrity is to be maintained), the action sequences are straight out of Xena Warrior Princess, and there are all other kinds of issues. Yet I keep watching it to see what happens next. :bag:

Edited by Gr00vus

On 10/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, tommyboy said:

Not sure if Netflix or Amazon but we watched Hereditary last night and I'd call it one of the scariest movies I've ever seen

I will give it a look.

Tex

Big Mouth s3...still hilarious.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:48 AM, irish eyes said:

Huh. My daughter gave it great reviews. But i haven't watched it yet

On 10/13/2019 at 12:30 PM, badmojo1006 said:

With the worst ending for a show ever

Someone hasn't watched all of True Blood.  

Edited by KarmaPolice

13 hours ago, pantherclub said:

insanely underrated show

Not in the big mouth thread.