What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

Paul McCartney Really is Dead. Kinda interesting if you're not already familiar with all of the Paul is dead rumors from the Beatles era. Otherwise pretty bad...we laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of it multiple times.

Randomly watched a Rowan Atkinson stand-up/skit deal last night. Some of his Mr. Bean skits live on a stage. Pretty funny at times if you're into his humor.

Was sick on Saturday and tore through all of The League. I'm another who would not have found/watched it without this thread. :thumbup:

Quite a bit stuff came out today. Been looking forward to today for awhile.
Not to hijack, but what happened to your thread?And to make this post somewhat relevant here... Animal Kingdom is really good.
It got deleted when the talk of recycling/reselling nightwear after it was used got out of hand.
That's too bad. I made a Shorty Defazzio reference and then couldn't find it again. :sadbanana: You should start up a continuation thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a bit stuff came out today. Been looking forward to today for awhile.
Not to hijack, but what happened to your thread?And to make this post somewhat relevant here... Animal Kingdom is really good.
It got deleted when the talk of recycling/reselling nightwear after it was used got out of hand.
That's too bad. I made a Shorty Defazzio reference and then couldn't find it again. :sadbanana: You should start up a continuation thread.
I actually searched for "Shorty" and "Defazzio" when searching for it. I might start a new thread once something else happens or the next session.

Just to chime in, Battlestar Galatica is awesome.

I'm surprised you were able to hate it by the 2nd episode of the mini-series. I didn't really care for some parts towards the end of the run, but it was a great series, Sci-fi fan or not.

I'm surprised you were able to hate it by the 2nd episode of the mini-series. I didn't really care for some parts towards the end of the run, but it was a great series, Sci-fi fan or not.
You guys keep telling yourselves this and maybe it will be true.

The Tick television series with Patrick Warburton in the title role just went on Netflix's "watch instantly" option. If you've never seen this quirky gem, check it out. :thumbup: :lmao:
This show was really silly and fun. "Did who understand what when?"

Archer Season 1 is hilarious.
Funniest show on TV IMO. The 2nd season starts in January IIRC.
Archer was great. The best TV of the year IMO.One of my guilty pleasure movies popped up on WI in the last week or so, Rock Star with Marky Mark. So over the top, but I enjoy the whole movie and loves me some Jennifer Aniston in it.
Archer is the bomb. Rock Star is terrible, and I love it.

I see Way of the Gun found it's way on there. A 5/5 overlooked gem.
One if my favorite all time opening scenes.
:thumbup: Best thing Sarah Silverman has ever done, and I'm a fan.
I especially like when Benicio Del Toro flips the hood-ornament. The whole scene is awesome, but that little thing cracks me up.This is a must see movie for anybody into movies like Snatch, Reservoir Dogs, and the like.

Ok, Way of the Gun added to the top of my queue.

Watched Kick ### last night. Pretty good. The amount of violence doled out by that little girl was shocking. In a good way.

"Way of the Gun" is a great movie. Lot of subtlety and reading between the lines or if you are not into that, lots of good gunplay and cussing. Probably the only movie I've ever liked with Ryan Phillipe.

Watched "Hot Tube Time Machine" a week ago. Thought it was really funny. Definitely worth it for a free streaming rental.

"The Crow" and "Highlander" are now available. :thumbup: Two of my favorite movies ever and don't you dare suggest that they ever had any sequels, there is only the original!!!

Way of the Gun did what No Country For Old Men did way before its time. It brought the old Western storyline metaphorically to the modern crime times. It was written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie who hasn't done much else but write The Usual Suspects and Valkyrie, which is a damn shame. As someone said, there is so much subtlety in this film it takes at least 2-3 viewings to take it all in. Love the throwback ending to one of everyone's all time favorite westerns.

Way of the Gun did what No Country For Old Men did way before its time. It brought the old Western storyline metaphorically to the modern crime times. It was written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie who hasn't done much else but write The Usual Suspects and Valkyrie, which is a damn shame. As someone said, there is so much subtlety in this film it takes at least 2-3 viewings to take it all in. Love the throwback ending to one of everyone's all time favorite westerns.
I need to try this again. i remember being kind of indifferent on it the first time. ok but didn't wow me.

You guys keep telling yourselves this and maybe it will be true.
I thought we had gotten past this Sconch.
I had but hooter311 had to start spreading lies.

Watched the Big Lebowski finally the other night. I don't get the hype about the Coen Bros. It had some funny moments but overall the plot was dumb and ultimately pointless. Just a hodge podge of ideas thrown out on a screen while someone had the camera on. Its like the Dude's thought process visually represented. 6/10

The Road

We've only just started watching this, but I am impressed so far. Seemed like a bad idea to even consider adapting this fantastic novel. And yet, I am impressed.

Watched the Big Lebowski finally the other night. I don't get the hype about the Coen Bros. It had some funny moments but overall the plot was dumb and ultimately pointless. Just a hodge podge of ideas thrown out on a screen while someone had the camera on. Its like the Dude's thought process visually represented. 6/10
Oh no.

I dig most of the Coen Brothers stuff but I never thought Lebowski was as great as it's made out to be.

I dig most of the Coen Brothers stuff but I never thought Lebowski was as great as it's made out to be.
Most things aren't as great as they're made out to be.

'Insein said:
It grows on you, give it a few years. I was not impressed the first time I watched it. For some reason, I think because of the hype, a few years later, I revisited it and enjoyed it a lot more. Caught it one more time and loved it. At this point will watch it pretty much anytime it's on.

'jdoggydogg said:
'Sconch said:
'Insein said:
Most things aren't as great as they're made out to be.
OK, not even close to being as great as it was made out to be. 2 out of 4 stars.

'facook said:
Paul McCartney Really is Dead. Kinda interesting if you're not already familiar with all of the Paul is dead rumors from the Beatles era. Otherwise pretty bad...we laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of it multiple times.
This fascinates me. I'll probably watch it.

'facook said:
This fascinates me. I'll probably watch it.
Pete Best killed him.
Spoilers down?
Sorry[spoiler pete best][killed him/spoiler]Did I do that right?

Have been catching some of the WWE stuff recently added. My thoughts on the ones I have watched so far....

Bret Hart Wrestling with Shadows: Older, made just after the Montreal Screwjob but still a good watch.

Top 50 Wrestlers of all Time: Pretty good, voted on supposedly by current superstars. Some VERY surprising rankings in there.

Chris Jericho: VERY good show. One of the real class acts and hard workers out there.

The Big Show: Good, but could have missed this one.

The Bobby the Brain Heenan Story: This one was awesome, even though Heenan makes no apprearance in this one (most of commentary is by his wife and other peers). You can tell Heenan was really loved by everybody.

I can't bring myself to watch the John Cena experience but I will have to catch Beyond the Mat.

I agree with the poster before that said Hot Tub Time Machine was Hilarious......... :)

Have been catching some of the WWE stuff recently added. My thoughts on the ones I have watched so far....Bret Hart Wrestling with Shadows: Older, made just after the Montreal Screwjob but still a good watch.Top 50 Wrestlers of all Time: Pretty good, voted on supposedly by current superstars. Some VERY surprising rankings in there.Chris Jericho: VERY good show. One of the real class acts and hard workers out there. The Big Show: Good, but could have missed this one.The Bobby the Brain Heenan Story: This one was awesome, even though Heenan makes no apprearance in this one (most of commentary is by his wife and other peers). You can tell Heenan was really loved by everybody.I can't bring myself to watch the John Cena experience but I will have to catch Beyond the Mat.I agree with the poster before that said Hot Tub Time Machine was Hilarious......... :)
Beyond the mat was very good. Jake the snake has had a sad, disturbing life. Another good one is the rise and fall of WCW. The only problem is that its made by the WWE. So it may be a little skewed but it was interesting to see where it started and what led to its demise. Another one I watched was Twist of Fate: the Hardy Boyz. They basically busted their ### since they were 10 years old to create several indy promotions and eventually get a break as jobbers in the WWF. Matt Hardy seemed pretty influential for a lot of wrestlers in the early 2000's. Only thing that annoys me with WWE videos is that they insist on calling it the WWE for when it was the WWF. Like when Matt says "everyone knew to make it big you had to get to the WWE" and "I got my first break in the WWE as a jobber making $150 a match." I don't know if its a legal thing but they have the WWF logo in the videos so I don't know why they can't say WWF. Stupid Wildlife federation.

Only thing that annoys me with WWE videos is that they insist on calling it the WWE for when it was the WWF. Like when Matt says "everyone knew to make it big you had to get to the WWE" and "I got my first break in the WWE as a jobber making $150 a match." I don't know if its a legal thing but they have the WWF logo in the videos so I don't know why they can't say WWF. Stupid Wildlife federation.
Actually, I'm quite sure they blur out every instance of 'WWF'. It may be visible on an older video like Bret Hart Wrestling with the Shadows, but the newer DVDs all have WWF stripped from the old scenes. Hart & Soul and Ricky Steamboat are also worth watching.

:goodposting: I remember it getting some hype when it came out because it was written by the guy who wrote Usual Suspects, and then just because it wasnt quite as good as Usual Suspects, it got tossed aside and overlooked. The ending shootout is probably Top 5 shootouts for me :banned:

The State: The Complete Series

:blackdot: Oh, hell yes! Didn't realize this was available.

I'm gonna dip my balls in it! And watch it. Definitely gonna watch it.
$240 worth o' pudding. Awwwwwwwww yeah.
I just looked for this on Netflix this weekend and it was not available for instant. I just logged into Netflix now and it is only avail on DVD.Do you think it was only avail for a certian period of time?

I watched about 2 seaons of the Sarah Silverman Show instead. For each half hour show I am meh for about 23 minutes of it, but most episodes have some moment that makes me :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: .

I started watching Bevis & Butthead. Not sure if I am going to stick with it, but I probably will. Their early stuff is old enough that i forget most of it, and it still makes me laugh. It does suck without the videos tho.

"Way of the Gun" is a great movie. Lot of subtlety and reading between the lines or if you are not into that, lots of good gunplay and cussing. Probably the only movie I've ever liked with Ryan Phillipe.
Breach, Stop-Loss, Igby Goes Down, Homegrown and :cough: Crash :cough: are all pretty good.

:goodposting: I remember it getting some hype when it came out because it was written by the guy who wrote Usual Suspects, and then just because it wasnt quite as good as Usual Suspects, it got tossed aside and overlooked. The ending shootout is probably Top 5 shootouts for me :banned:
Supposedly the most "realistic" gun movie... no Hollywood "cannon exploding" sound effects every time someone fires a .22, realistic handling, etc.

The State: The Complete Series

:blackdot: Oh, hell yes! Didn't realize this was available.

I'm gonna dip my balls in it! And watch it. Definitely gonna watch it.
$240 worth o' pudding. Awwwwwwwww yeah.
I just looked for this on Netflix this weekend and it was not available for instant. I just logged into Netflix now and it is only avail on DVD.Do you think it was only avail for a certian period of time?
Yeah, and I forgot to watch it. :sadbanana:

Users who are viewing this thread