What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

Back on topic, gonna throw in one last recommendation for Claymore (dark anime). It is stellar in every way imagineable, from the music, to the animation, to the voice acting to the adult and sometimes disturbing nature of the show.

A couple buddies plowed through it in 3 nights. Another good friend of mine had a day off from work recently and ended up watching all 26 episodes that day.

I would have never in a million years bothered to watch this show if sports_fan hadn't mentioned it in here earlier, so big props to him that way.
I find the side character really annoying after two episodes. :wall: Hope it gets better. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
As a side note to complain about, I hate how your recently watched is right there to rat you out to the wife. Yes honey, I was watching random bizarre anime's with girls scantily clad as the picture. Nevermind that most fo them have nothing to do with that but its a conversation I'd rather not have. Why can't we delete that history?!

As a side note to complain about, I hate how your recently watched is right there to rat you out to the wife. Yes honey, I was watching random bizarre anime's with girls scantily clad as the picture. Nevermind that most fo them have nothing to do with that but its a conversation I'd rather not have. Why can't we delete that history?!
:goodposting:Dude, this is infringing on my rights to watch R rated nudity in the privacy of my own home."Honey, can we watch Cosmos now? Great. Here we go...wait...what the hell is 'Sex Drive'?"

:goodposting:Dude, this is infringing on my rights to watch R rated nudity in the privacy of my own home."Honey, can we watch Cosmos now? Great. Here we go...wait...what the hell is 'Sex Drive'?"
Exactly. It rats you out. Its nothing compared to what you can find on the internet but still it's just something you don't feel like talking about when you get home from work. Plus it selectively keeps stuff in there. I have a documentary in there I watched from day 1 but stuff I've seen since seems to have disappeared from the recently watched. Are they trying to get me in trouble, lol.

:goodposting: This is why I have stayed away from the anime, for now. It does make for some fun, on that rare occasion, when my sister-in-law and her husband come over to babysit for us. After we get back and they leave, the wife and I play "What did he watch after everyone else fell asleep?"

Exactly. It rats you out. Its nothing compared to what you can find on the internet but still it's just something you don't feel like talking about when you get home from work. Plus it selectively keeps stuff in there. I have a documentary in there I watched from day 1 but stuff I've seen since seems to have disappeared from the recently watched. Are they trying to get me in trouble, lol.
Yeah, it's like there's this script that runs with the sole purpose of deleting benign stuff and keeping the stuff that'll get you in trouble.

I'm not generally a fan of anime, but Death Note is good. Like, really, really good. I'm only eight episodes in, but so far it compares favorably to Dexter.

Had some mindless watching today.

Iron Man 2 - not as good as the first one, but has it's moments

The New Guy - I consider it a better than average high school comedy, watch it for no other reason than the Eliza Dushku bikini montage scene.
Iron Man 2 is on Instant?

:goodposting: Dude, this is infringing on my rights to watch R rated nudity in the privacy of my own home.

"Honey, can we watch Cosmos now? Great. Here we go...wait...what the hell is 'Sex Drive'?"
Yeah, it's like there's this script that runs with the sole purpose of deleting benign stuff and keeping the stuff that'll get you in trouble.
eHow fixI don't have Netflix so I don't know if that will work, but good luck.

I'm not generally a fan of anime, but Death Note is good. Like, really, really good. I'm only eight episodes in, but so far it compares favorably to Dexter.
Yea its good up to a point. You'll know when that point is. Then it gets really dumb.

:goodposting: Dude, this is infringing on my rights to watch R rated nudity in the privacy of my own home.

"Honey, can we watch Cosmos now? Great. Here we go...wait...what the hell is 'Sex Drive'?"
eHow fixI don't have Netflix so I don't know if that will work, but good luck.
Yea thats actually for the instant queue. You can not delete history without deleting the account.

The New Guy - I consider it a better than average high school comedy, watch it for no other reason than the Eliza Dushku bikini montage scene.
Yep, watched it yesterday. Funny "aha" moment, after watching Scarlett Johansson be pretty freakin sexy in Iron Man 2, I come home from the store to find my son watching Home Alone 3 (and LOVING it). In that movie, Scarlett plays the sister and is almost not recognizable. She grew up good. :thumbup:

Can a few people get me a list of say 5-10 foreign movies to check out please?

Just saw Sin Nombre last night.

Liked it a good deal.

Also saw "the secret in their eyes"

That was really good as well.

Wanted to catch some more of these.

I'm open to anything, but been in the mood for something that sets in Europe, with preferably good scenery?

Any help?

Thanks

ETA: Watch instantly would be preferable.

I am in the middle of getting through Dexter, then I want to do The Wire, so it could be a while before i get any movies in the mail.

Woody Allen's "Vicky Christina Barcelona" isn't foreign, per se. But the European scenery and the women are beautiful.Don't know if these foreign films are all available to watch instantly, but they're all fantastic:The Lives of OthersThe ItalianThe Story of the Weeping CamelMongolSexy BeastThe Diving Bell and the ButterflyBarbarians At The GateThe Unbearableble Lightness of BeingDownfall

Woody Allen's "Vicky Christina Barcelona" isn't foreign, per se. But the European scenery and the women are beautiful.Don't know if these foreign films are all available to watch instantly, but they're all fantastic:The Lives of OthersThe ItalianThe Story of the Weeping CamelMongolSexy BeastThe Diving Bell and the ButterflyBarbarians At The GateThe Unbearableble Lightness of BeingDownfall
Yea, I liked Vicky Christina a lot.Was funThanks, I will check those out, if they are not on watch instantly I will queue them up for the later date.

Where the Red Fern Grows.

Watched it with my 6 year old. Loved the book growing up and had never seen the movie. Nothing extraordinary but a good, clean fun watch with some tears at the end.

Liked it a good deal.

I'm open to anything, but been in the mood for something that sets in Europe, with preferably good scenery?

Any help?

Thanks

I am in the middle of getting through Dexter, then I want to do The Wire, so it could be a while before i get any movies in the mail.
Motorcyle Boys was really good (based in South America)"Mesrine - Parts 1& 2" French Gangster flick. All kinds of awesome.

A Prophet - prison gangster flick also GREAT. based in Sweeden I think.

ETA- I think all three are watch instantly.

Liked it a good deal.

Any help?

Thanks

Motorcyle Boys was really good (based in South America)"Mesrine - Parts 1& 2" French Gangster flick. All kinds of awesome.

A Prophet - prison gangster flick also GREAT. based in Sweeden I think.

ETA- I think all three are watch instantly.
Can't find the 1st one.You referring to the motorcycle diaries?

The early story about Che?

I did like that as well.

A prophet is not on instant

Thanks, keep em coming, I will fill up my queue

Can a few people get me a list of say 5-10 foreign movies to check out please?ETA: Watch instantly would be preferable.I am in the middle of getting through Dexter, then I want to do The Wire, so it could be a while before i get any movies in the mail.
Of the ones already listed, I would go withMongolA ProphetMesrine 1 & 2Ip Man 1 & 2The Orphanage I also enjoyed (not listed)Girl With The Dragon Tattoo seriesLet The Right One InFrontiersThree KingdomsAuditionIchi The KillerChePan's LabyrinthFlame and CitronThe Baader Meinhof ComplexOldboySympathy for Mr. VengeanceLady VengeanceNorth FaceMan Bites DogThe WarlordsThe Sea InsideJohn RabeThe Stoning of Soraya M.IrreversibleArn : The Knight TemplarEuropa EuropaAnd also a few from one of my favorite directors,Jean-Pierre JeunetAmelieMicmacsDelicatessenA Very Long Engagement

Can a few people get me a list of say 5-10 foreign movies to check out please?ETA: Watch instantly would be preferable.I am in the middle of getting through Dexter, then I want to do The Wire, so it could be a while before i get any movies in the mail.
Of the ones already listed, I would go withMongolA ProphetMesrine 1 & 2Ip Man 1 & 2The Orphanage I also enjoyed (not listed)Girl With The Dragon Tattoo seriesLet The Right One InFrontiersThree KingdomsAuditionIchi The KillerChePan's LabyrinthFlame and CitronThe Baader Meinhof ComplexOldboySympathy for Mr. VengeanceLady VengeanceNorth FaceMan Bites DogThe WarlordsThe Sea InsideJohn RabeThe Stoning of Soraya M.IrreversibleArn : The Knight TemplarEuropa EuropaAnd also a few from one of my favorite directors,Jean-Pierre JeunetAmelieMicmacsDelicatessenA Very Long Engagement
City of God

Of the ones already listed, I would go withMongol

A Prophet

Mesrine 1 & 2

Ip Man 1 & 2

The Orphanage

I also enjoyed (not listed)

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series

Let The Right One In

Frontiers

Three Kingdoms

Audition

Ichi The Killer

Che

Pan's Labyrinth

Flame and Citron

The Baader Meinhof Complex

Oldboy

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Lady Vengeance

North Face

Man Bites Dog

The Warlords

The Sea Inside

John Rabe

The Stoning of Soraya M.

Irreversible

Arn : The Knight Templar

Europa Europa

And also a few from one of my favorite directors,Jean-Pierre Jeunet

Amelie

Micmacs

Delicatessen

A Very Long Engagement
City of God
:goodposting: City of Lost Children

A Prophet

Mesrine 1 & 2

Ip Man 1 & 2

The Orphanage

Let The Right One In

Frontiers

Three Kingdoms

Audition

Ichi The Killer

Che

Pan's Labyrinth

Flame and Citron

Oldboy

Lady Vengeance

North Face

Man Bites Dog

The Warlords

The Sea Inside

John Rabe

The Stoning of Soraya M.

Irreversible

Europa Europa

Amelie

Micmacs

Delicatessen

A Very Long Engagement
City of God
And "City of Men"

Yea but Iron Man 1 isn't. Go figure.
It's part of their deal with Starz. Anything currently in the rotation on Starz is available on netflix. That's why Hot Tub Time Machine, The Other Guys, Shutter Island and some other random newer movies are available.

Yea but Iron Man 1 isn't. Go figure.
It's part of their deal with Starz. Anything currently in the rotation on Starz is available on netflix. That's why Hot Tub Time Machine, The Other Guys, Shutter Island and some other random newer movies are available.
That makes sense then. I always wondered why I saw Starz on everything.

A Prophet

Mesrine 1 & 2

Ip Man 1 & 2

The Orphanage

Let The Right One In

Frontiers

Three Kingdoms

Audition

Ichi The Killer

Che

Pan's Labyrinth

Flame and Citron

Oldboy

Lady Vengeance

North Face

Man Bites Dog

The Warlords

The Sea Inside

John Rabe

The Stoning of Soraya M.

Irreversible

Europa Europa

Amelie

Micmacs

Delicatessen

A Very Long Engagement
City of God
And "City of Men"
And City of....####, I got nothingCity of God is the obvious :thumbup: :thumbup: though

I wouldnt consider Sexy Beast a foreign film, but its awesome nonetheless. Kingsley hits it out the park.

The Man from Nowhere is another great foreign film. Superb action piece. The plot is straightforward but entertaining enough to keep you engaged for the full two hours.

Just got an error code saying I could not watch a movie because 1 was already being watched on my account. Is this limit of 1 at a time via streaming new?

I wouldnt consider Sexy Beast a foreign film, but its awesome nonetheless. Kingsley hits it out the park.
I understand that it's all in English. But the cast and the director are all British, though.

At least you didn't get caught watching A Good Day to be Black & Sexy. :bag:

I think I watched the first episode and it was in Japanese dubs. Do they have English yet?

I watched HBO's Cathouse on Comcast On Demand. The wife noticed.

...and the next time I catch you in my window, im not going to be so forgiving.

'Sheriff66 said:
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but..

50 Dead Men Walking

True story about an IRA snitch, loved it.
Ive been wanting to watch this for awhile now, whether on instant stream or TV but for whatever reason have yet to check it out

July 1st

Buffalo'66(1998)...Ricci never looks as hot as she does in that film...this was pre-butchering her body.

Bustin Loose(1981)

The Crush(1993)

The Exorcist(1973)

Michael Collins(1996)

Moonstrucj(1987)

Mrs Doubtfire(1993)...and on cable at least once or twice a week

The Boy Who Could Fly(1986)...a personal favorite full of immense cheese

Tarzan(1981)...Bo Derek hot flashes

Lots of A&E. History Channel Stuff

And.......StarTrek Season 1

Buffalo'66(1998)...Ricci never looks as hot as she does in that film...this was pre-butchering her body.Michael Collins(1996)
Buffalo '66 is great. If I didnt put it on my Top 100 movies list, I should have.Michael Collins has been on my want to see list for awhile, might finally be time.According to my queue, Rosewood, Rubber, and Let Me In also all will be available on instant watch tomorrow. Ive seen Rosewood before, definitely recommend it. Ving Rhames is badass, Jon Voight is a racist, and Don Cheadle has a good performance before he was the cool actor to like. Rubber looks......interesting (its about a tire that kills people).

Bill Burr..knocks it outta the park :lmao:
Almost peed myself watching this the other night. Hilarious.
Just got done watching this. I loved the end part talking about the old guys. Hilarious!!!
I would not have watched this without the good word giving here and so glad I did. That old guy part at the end had me seriously in pain laughing with tears rolling down my eyes and still was making me laugh at work the next day thinking about it.
I didn't like the "old guy face". Felt a bit too mean-spirited considering the defenseless target. :shrug: In before "what are you, a FAAAG?!?!".

Users who are viewing this thread