What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (3 Viewers)

I often come to things late, long after everybody else knows.Anyhow, I never watched the show 24. It looked interesting, and I liked what I read about the concept, but whatever night it was on (Sunday?) wasn't a good night for me and I didn't have DVR when it started. By the time I did have DVR, I was already busy recording other shows and never got around to it.So now I'm watching it, because all 8 seasons are on Netflix. I'm about 60% through season 1. What a great show! What a great concept! In many ways, I'm glad I waited, because it's like watching a 24 hr suspense movie rather than an episodic TV show. It's very addictive and I'm sure I'll end up watching all 8 seasons. The acting, action, suspense, surprises are all first rate. I hope it stays at this high quality.
I got about 6 episodes in recently after avoiding it the entire time it was on air. I just couldn't get into it. Also, the ticking clock noise gets to you after just a short time, they probably could have left that off the dvds and episodes.
It burns itself out after about season 5. This series was made for episodic structure. You were left wanting more each week. But after awhile it just burned itself out by trying to outdo the previous season. You're left with nothing left to do and start recycling ridiculous ideas.

I often come to things late, long after everybody else knows.Anyhow, I never watched the show 24. It looked interesting, and I liked what I read about the concept, but whatever night it was on (Sunday?) wasn't a good night for me and I didn't have DVR when it started. By the time I did have DVR, I was already busy recording other shows and never got around to it.So now I'm watching it, because all 8 seasons are on Netflix. I'm about 60% through season 1. What a great show! What a great concept! In many ways, I'm glad I waited, because it's like watching a 24 hr suspense movie rather than an episodic TV show. It's very addictive and I'm sure I'll end up watching all 8 seasons. The acting, action, suspense, surprises are all first rate. I hope it stays at this high quality.
I loved season 1, and I really liked season 2 as well. I got like 2 episodes into season 3 (bec of the s2 cliffhanger ending) and then just dropped it. And I also watched them Netflix style (as opposed to when they were on TV). I just got that little bit into s3 and thought, "Geez. It's the same show every single season. Same formula. Same basic storyline. Not enough variation." I'm sure you could say that about a lot of shows, but for some reason, it just really stuck like that to me. Haven't seen it since.

I loved season 1, and I really liked season 2 as well. I got like 2 episodes into season 3 (bec of the s2 cliffhanger ending) and then just dropped it. And I also watched them Netflix style (as opposed to when they were on TV). I just got that little bit into s3 and thought, "Geez. It's the same show every single season. Same formula. Same basic storyline. Not enough variation." I'm sure you could say that about a lot of shows, but for some reason, it just really stuck like that to me. Haven't seen it since.
season 4 was outstanding. my second favorite. steadily downhill after that.

"The Fighter" was nominated for 7 academy awards?????? seriously????

ooooooooooof

Movie was okay, Bale was pretty good, the mother was really good, but will not watch this one again.

My friends on facebook (or rather passing acquaintances that I don't really care for) are idiots. One of them started a Boycott Netflix!!! group, complete with ALL CAPS.

THIS IS TO THE GREEDY BASTARDS AT NETFLIX!!!!I think you all are a bunch of greedy crooks like the stupid oil companies, you claim "oh its just $6 more a month what's the big deal" well here is the deal it doesn't take that much money a year to manage a server that handles your streaming or to manage the movies (which by the way is all really old stuff) that you put on there. well here is some simple kindergarten math for you! I know you have at least a million subscribers maybe more but lets just say 1,000,000, now stay with me you corporate airheads $6 a month for 12 months is a total of $72 dollars now multiply that by 1,000,000 and try to explain to me why in the hell you need to make $72,000,000 DOLLARS MORE A YEAR. I know for a damn fact you didn't have that much of a price increase you all are a bunch of greedy corporate bastards that just want to pad their pocket. YOU ALL ARE SUPER RIDICULOUS TO THINK THAT YOU NEED THAT MUCH MONEY. SCREW NETFLIX MY ACCOUNT WILL BE 100% POSITIVELY CANCELLED ON AUGUST 31ST!!!!!!!! I urge everyone to like this comment and do what i am doing and BOYCOTT NETFLIX!!!!!! COPY AND PASTE TO YOUR WALL PLEASE!!!
http://www.meh.ro/original/2010_03/meh.ro3692.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends on facebook (or rather passing acquaintances that I don't really care for) are idiots. One of them started a Boycott Netflix!!! group, complete with ALL CAPS.

THIS IS TO THE GREEDY BASTARDS AT NETFLIX!!!!I think you all are a bunch of greedy crooks like the stupid oil companies, you claim "oh its just $6 more a month what's the big deal" well here is the deal it doesn't take that much money a year to manage a server that handles your streaming or to manage the movies (which by the way is all really old stuff) that you put on there. well here is some simple kindergarten math for you! I know you have at least a million subscribers maybe more but lets just say 1,000,000, now stay with me you corporate airheads $6 a month for 12 months is a total of $72 dollars now multiply that by 1,000,000 and try to explain to me why in the hell you need to make $72,000,000 DOLLARS MORE A YEAR. I know for a damn fact you didn't have that much of a price increase you all are a bunch of greedy corporate bastards that just want to pad their pocket. YOU ALL ARE SUPER RIDICULOUS TO THINK THAT YOU NEED THAT MUCH MONEY. SCREW NETFLIX MY ACCOUNT WILL BE 100% POSITIVELY CANCELLED ON AUGUST 31ST!!!!!!!! I urge everyone to like this comment and do what i am doing and BOYCOTT NETFLIX!!!!!! COPY AND PASTE TO YOUR WALL PLEASE!!!
Less people, better service for us all. :thumbup:

Got a 5% rebate in my email on my next billing because Netflix wasn't working Sunday night. I'll take it :thumbup:

They are going to need a lot more than an extra $72 million to renew those streaming licenses they currently have as they start coming due.Netflix is still an incredible value. With late fees I spend about $5 a rental at the store and don't have nearly the selection, with netflix I top out at $2 a rental and can find nearly anything I want or never knew I wanted. That's not even taking streaming into consideration.

Moronic doesn't even begin to describe that.

I don't really have an issue with the rising prices. The amount of entertainment I've been getting from them for $10 a month is theft. If prices are rising on their end and they need to generate additional income in order to provide the same content I've been getting, so be it.

Lot of belly-aching on the price raises, but it's still an incredible value for most folks I would suspect (myself included.) Streaming is what allowed me to drop down from 5 dvd's at a time to 3 dvd's to 2 to the 1 at a time + streaming plan that I have been doing for the last year or two. I think this will blow over in a few months.

Especially if netflix keeps adding good streaming content like Mad Men which starts on July 27th!

At least he's not prone to knee-jerk reactions. Love it when he outrightly states that Netflix doesn't need 72 million dollars.I think most of us have felt that this was a longtime coming.

Got this email today:

Recently you may have had trouble instantly watching movies or TV episodes due to a technical issue on our end.We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you attempted and were unable to instantly watch TV episodes or movies yesterday, click on this account specific link in the next 7 days to apply a 3% credit to your next billing statement for your $7.99 a month Unlimited Streaming plan. Credit can only be applied once.
Every % counts now!

THIS IS TO THE GREEDY BASTARDS AT NETFLIX!!!!

I think you all are a bunch of greedy crooks like the stupid oil companies, you claim "oh its just $6 more a month what's the big deal" well here is the deal it doesn't take that much money a year to manage a server that handles your streaming or to manage the movies (which by the way is all really old stuff) that you put on there. well here is some simple kindergarten math for you! I know you have at least a million subscribers maybe more but lets just say 1,000,000, now stay with me you corporate airheads $6 a month for 12 months is a total of $72 dollars now multiply that by 1,000,000 and try to explain to me why in the hell you need to make $72,000,000 DOLLARS MORE A YEAR. I know for a damn fact you didn't have that much of a price increase you all are a bunch of greedy corporate bastards that just want to pad their pocket. YOU ALL ARE SUPER RIDICULOUS TO THINK THAT YOU NEED THAT MUCH MONEY. SCREW NETFLIX MY ACCOUNT WILL BE 100% POSITIVELY CANCELLED ON AUGUST 31ST!!!!!!!! I urge everyone to like this comment and do what i am doing and BOYCOTT NETFLIX!!!!!! COPY AND PASTE TO YOUR WALL PLEASE!!!
http://www.meh.ro/or.../meh.ro3692.jpg
Oh please. They have a right to charge whatever they want.

At least he's not prone to knee-jerk reactions. Love it when he outrightly states that Netflix doesn't need 72 million dollars.I think most of us have felt that this was a longtime coming.
:goodposting: I'm hard-pressed to think of anything in my life that provides better value than Netflix. They could quadruple their rates for the streaming content and I still think it would be easily worth it. The kind of person who complains about their content is the kind of person who thinks seeing the latest Transformer sequel the week it is released on DVD is better than having access to every episode of awesome shows like Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Parks and Recreation, etc., plus tons of hidden gems including a ton of awesome documentaries. And who also think they're "entitled" to be able to obtain those new releases without having to pay for them a la carte at the theater or on pay per view. Those people are silly.

Wait. They added more seasons of dexter?
I haven't actually watched Dexter on there, sorry. I watched them when they aired on Showtime and haven't really been motivated to rewatch. I just assumed, since every TV show I've watched on Netflix has had every season except ones that are currently airing or that concluded within the last couple months.

maybe more than a million subscribers? Isn't it like 23 million? Wait don't tell him that unless you really want to kill him.

:goodposting: I'm hard-pressed to think of anything in my life that provides better value than Netflix. They could quadruple their rates for the streaming content and I still think it would be easily worth it. The kind of person who complains about their content is the kind of person who thinks seeing the latest Transformer sequel the week it is released on DVD is better than having access to every episode of awesome shows like Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Parks and Recreation, etc., plus tons of hidden gems including a ton of awesome documentaries. And who also think they're "entitled" to be able to obtain those new releases without having to pay for them a la carte at the theater or on pay per view. Those people are silly.
They still don't have season 3 of SOA yet. Just FYI. :hophead:

That sucks. I think they had Parks and Rec Season 3 up there quickly, but I've also go Hulu and I'm easily confused so who knows.Point being, there's a huge amount of awesome stuff on Netflix, unless you think awesome = new.

So I watched the human centipede. :bag:

What a bad movie. It really wasn't all that gross or disturbing. Mostly just stupid. I'm not going to go into to some of the dumb things that people do in the movie or stupid plot holes and just say "don't watch it".

That sucks. I think they had Parks and Rec Season 3 up there quickly, but I've also go Hulu and I'm easily confused so who knows.Point being, there's a huge amount of awesome stuff on Netflix, unless you think awesome = new.
They still don't have P&R season 3 up. I think for most series, they are a year behind. I assume they'll have season 3 in the fall, when season 4 starts.

No awesome = awesome. I just wish Hulu would put SOA on Hulu+ so I can watch it on my Xbox. Right now its only web.

Been watching Party Down...pretty good comedy series
This series is really funny.
:goodposting: I wish we could have got another few seasons out of this show. I really enjoyed it.
Has it been cancelled or are they getting ready to release another season? Season 2 was 2010, so it could be possible.
my friend at work said it got cancelled and they might be making a movie out of it or something :shrug:

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but Ken Burns: The Civil War is absolutely fascinating. I'm on the 5th episode and can not stop watching.

I watched Passion Play so you all wouldn't have to. The only interesting thing about the whole movie was trying to figure out what is going on with Mickey Rourke's fingernails.

Users who are viewing this thread