What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

Mystery Team is hilarious if you're looking for some deadpan, slapstick, adult humor.
Very funny movie, especially if you grew up on Encyclopedia Brown (the books, not the poster)
Just watched this last night. So stupid yet so funny.
I catch myself firing this up on instant watch all the time. As far as dialogue in a comedy, this isn't too many rungs below Big Lebowski.
seriously?

Mystery Team is hilarious if you're looking for some deadpan, slapstick, adult humor.
Very funny movie, especially if you grew up on Encyclopedia Brown (the books, not the poster)
I catch myself firing this up on instant watch all the time. As far as dialogue in a comedy, this isn't too many rungs below Big Lebowski.
seriously?
Lebowski isn't all that great anyway. Very overrated.

seriously?
The layered dialogue is in the same vein, obviously severalrungs down, but it completely cracks me up."What are you doing?"

"Admiring your light bulbs. What are these 40 watts? It's like friggin' Buckingham Palace in here."

Disclaimer: You're either going to love or completely hate this movie.

Going to go against the grain here and say that I don't care for Mad Men at all. Not interesting in the least. It's quite boring. There. I've said it.

I was thinking about steaming earlier. For some reason, I was wondering what selection is in my queue that I have watched more than once, and of those, which was my most watched. I would say it would be these 3:

1) The King of Kong (no longer offered)

2) Zach Galifinakis: Live at the Blue Onion

3) Best in Show

Has anyone mentioned the following?

Skins (UK): Only the 1st 3 seasons as available. I've ripped through the first 2 seasons in under a week. Show follows a group of kids from the UK in their last couple years of college (which is High School here, I think). The finale of season 2 was them all moving on to university and season 3 has started with a new group.

Coupling (UK): Watched this one a while ago, so not sure if its still available. The UK version of Friends, but with cussing and much more sexual themes than you can get away with in the US.

Hard Times of RJ Berger: Only the 1st season is available. My buddy kept telling me it was funny, so I watched it when it finally was added. Its about a dork in high school (sophomore, I think) that is VERY well endowed. Its mindless comedy, but I liked it.

Hard Times of RJ Berger: Only the 1st season is available. My buddy kept telling me it was funny, so I watched it when it finally was added. Its about a dork in high school (sophomore, I think) that is VERY well endowed. Its mindless comedy, but I liked it.
Watched a few episodes of this on a whim not too long ago, I actually cracked up quite a bit.

So am I getting this right: AMC is showing Mad Men from the start on sunday but its NOT on Netflix?

...I dont currently have DVR, so I still feel conflicted about starting to watch a show if its not on Netflix

So am I getting this right: AMC is showing Mad Men from the start on sunday but its NOT on Netflix?

...I dont currently have DVR, so I still feel conflicted about starting to watch a show if its not on Netflix

'hooter311 said:
'Slider6 said:
Watched a few episodes of this on a whim not too long ago, I actually cracked up quite a bit.
Good call :thumbup:

Mad Men tomorrow!!
overrated (clapclap clapclapclap)
:lmao: Not really.
I tried twice to get into this show, and the second time around I made it as far as episode 9.What is so appealing? Is it the "mystery" of Don Draper? We know exactly what his deal is, and there is more per minute mystery and intrigue in an episode of Blue's Clues. I mean I kind of appreciate MM's attempt to be all artsy with lighting, furniture, and all the period props, but there’s nothing particularly compelling about it. It just tries to hard. IMO It’s really just a stale recycling of the cultural lessons we’ve learned about the 60's over and over again.

Mad Men tomorrow!!
I tried twice to get into this show, and the second time around I made it as far as episode 9.What is so appealing? Is it the "mystery" of Don Draper? We know exactly what his deal is, and there is more per minute mystery and intrigue in an episode of Blue's Clues. I mean I kind of appreciate MM's attempt to be all artsy with lighting, furniture, and all the period props, but there’s nothing particularly compelling about it. It just tries to hard. IMO It’s really just a stale recycling of the cultural lessons we’ve learned about the 60's over and over again.
I could see how Mad Men would not be for everyone, the pacing is slow, you get tons of melodramatic staring into the void, lit cigarette in hand, but I am really enjoying it. All the nods to the decade are funny and fasinating. I'm still only 4 episodes in, but the kid playing in the plastic bag had me rolling on the floor.

Tried to watch Netflix through my Wii. I ordered the disk awhile back but never set it up. Spent 15 minutes getting it all set up and they tell me I have to get it from the Wii shop. I go to the Wii shop and apparently it costs $20.00. Is this for real?

ETA: Nevermind, I'm a dummy. Nothing makes me feel older than trying to navigate the damn wii remote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camelot.

Great series and lots of boobies.

Unfortunately the market is saturated and they cancelled after one season but still worth the viewage.

'oukurt said:
'McJose said:
'oukurt said:
Mad Men tomorrow!!
I would just like to thank you so much for posting this.

'oukurt said:
'McJose said:
'oukurt said:
Mad Men tomorrow!!
ha! We are in the minority buddy. We have to stick together.

Winter's Bone was just made available today. If you're in the mood for a drama, it's a good option. Some great acting performances.

'oukurt said:
'McJose said:
'oukurt said:
Mad Men tomorrow!!
You think this show is a mystery?

Mad Men tomorrow!!
I tried twice to get into this show, and the second time around I made it as far as episode 9.What is so appealing? Is it the "mystery" of Don Draper? We know exactly what his deal is, and there is more per minute mystery and intrigue in an episode of Blue's Clues. I mean I kind of appreciate MM's attempt to be all artsy with lighting, furniture, and all the period props, but there's nothing particularly compelling about it. It just tries to hard. IMO It's really just a stale recycling of the cultural lessons we've learned about the 60's over and over again.
So there isn't much happening that's compelling and it's recycling stale lessons? Got it.

First, I would like to thank whoever recommended Hard Times of RJ Berger. This is one of the most entertaining shows I've watched in a while.

And thanks for the heads up on WB. I wasn't prepared to go out of my way for it, but on Netflix I'll definitely check it out.

Mad Men tomorrow!!
Glad it's not just me. It's cool to like it, but there's nothing special about it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread