What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

I could go and sift through the 40+ pages, but does anyone recommend any documentaries that are on Netflix right now?
I Think We're Alone Now is amazing. :thumbup:
That looks pretty depressing. Although I do totally understand being obsessed with Tiffany.
It's more fascinating than depressing.
:goodposting: It is incredible.
Watched this the other day. It was semi-depressing. Both of those people had some serious mental issues. The worst part? NOT ONE FREAKING TIFFANY SONG IN THE WHOLE THING!

I probably just missed the boat on this one but I had never even heard of SLC Punk before watching it this weekend. Great, funny movie -- particularly for those of you in your 40s with memory of the 80s punk scene.

I probably just missed the boat on this one but I had never even heard of SLC Punk before watching it this weekend. Great, funny movie -- particularly for those of you in your 40s with memory of the 80s punk scene.
:hifive: Awesome flick, best "punk" film of all time.

:goodposting: Movie was like a glimpse into the punk rock kids I hung out with. I could relate to each person in the movie based on someone I knew during my high school years.Even have a 'Sean' that I ran into a few times begging for change around the old neighborhood. Kid completely fried himself on LSD.

I also just started Season 1 of Nip/Tuck. I loved the first few episodes but I noticed it has a poor Netflix rating. I don't want spoilers, of course, but does it drop off significantly from the beginning? I'd hate to invest a lot of time in the series just to be disappointed later.

I also just started Season 1 of Nip/Tuck. I loved the first few episodes but I noticed it has a poor Netflix rating. I don't want spoilers, of course, but does it drop off significantly from the beginning? I'd hate to invest a lot of time in the series just to be disappointed later.
I got about half way through the first season when it was first on. I did like the first couple of episodes but then I just stopped watching. I can't really pinpoint it but it just wasn't interesting.

No, that would be The Filth and The Fury. But I get what you mean. How about, "Best Fictional Punk Film of All Time."
Suburbia

Inside Iraq - The Untold Stories

Really good documentary about a regular guy who forges his press credentials and goes into Iraq with only a camera and a local guide. Isn't a pro or anti war documentary which I appreciated...gave the good and the bad of the Iraq war.

I watched I think the first 4 seasons. It's pretty good. I think the biggest reason I lost interest at that point was because it was becoming more and more ridiculous/outlandish/unbelievable (much more than the first couple seasons).

Last edited by a moderator:
DO NOT STOP WATCHING. I am still waiting for it to start again :cry:

Inside Iraq - The Untold StoriesReally good documentary about a regular guy who forges his press credentials and goes into Iraq with only a camera and a local guide. Isn't a pro or anti war documentary which I appreciated...gave the good and the bad of the Iraq war.
Thanks for the recommendation. Pretty good documentary. It seems that he focuses on more bad than good, but maybe my own perspective is skewed.

Joseph Campbell: Mythos I: Actress Susan Sarandon hosts this collection of insightful lectures from mythology and religion expert Joseph Campbell, exploring the history, psychological underpinnings and social significance of myths across cultures. Filmed during one of Campbell's final lecture tours, these talks are presented as the late scholar intended them to be viewed, with minimal editing.

Joseph Campbell: Mythos II: Shortly before his death in 1987, mythology scholar Joseph Campbell embarked on a lecture tour that served as a summation of his life's work. This engaging series is an in-depth primer into mankind's narrative and social history. Campbell discusses the roots of Asian mythology, Buddhism and the path of enlightenment as viewed in the East and West, the journey into the afterlife and the power of yoga. Susan Sarandon hosts the program.

Me and the GF have been watching 1 or 2 episodes a night and we've really enjoyed it. 5 stars in our books.

No, that would be The Filth and The Fury. But I get what you mean. How about, "Best Fictional Punk Film of All Time."
Suburbia
Still need to see that, thanks for reminding me again.

Did you ever get around to watching Hard Core Logo, friend-o?

Oooo thanks for reminding me. I've had it in my Netflix queue ever since you recommended it. I didn't know it was available streaming. I'll check it out :thumbup:

Oooo thanks for reminding me. I've had it in my Netflix queue ever since you recommended it. I didn't know it was available streaming. I'll check it out :thumbup:
Oops, recommended it in the wrong thread. It is NOT streaming right now. Worth the rental for any of the "punk rock" crowd though.

Oops, recommended it in the wrong thread. It is NOT streaming right now. Worth the rental for any of the "punk rock" crowd though.
Sweet. I'm a big punk rock fan, so I appreciate a movie made in the genre :headbang:

for those who dont check out the movie thread, posted this and theyre all streaming:

Bronson...Interesting if not weird at times film about England's most notorious prisoner, Charles Bronson. Bronson clearly has a few screws loose, and the storytelling, surroundings, and some scenes only reiterate that. A little excessive on showing his wangpiece in the 3rd act though. On its own, I thought it was mediocre, but Tom Hardy as Bronson puts on 1 of the best performances Ive ever seen. Seeing him in this now has me only more excited to see him as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, and I wouldnt be surprised at all if Nolan saw Hardy in this and that sold him on making him a villain in TDKR. Must see just for a tour de force performance from Hardy...7/10

Finding Amanda...Went in with middling expectations and thought this was pretty funny. Matthew Broderick plays a gambling alcoholic and drug addict and goes to Vegas to find his niece who is working as a hooker there. Broderick's dry humor is in full effect here, thought he was very good, and he pulls off a ton of great one liners with ease. Its no Election, but its easily his best movie since...6.6/10

Saint John of Las Vegas...Granted, I didnt give this my undivided attention, but it probably didnt deserve it either. The story seemed to basically go nowhere except Buscemi scratching lottery tickets at various gas stations. Buscemi and Romany Malco were both pretty good, but hardly enough to make this worth watching...3/10

Noticed there are several "faith based" movies streaming now. I haven't watched them or plan to, but I like the fact that Netflix is pulling in from every source possible to put as much as possible on streaming.

As for me and my house, we watched a Conan double feature last night.

Anything relatively recent on there now? All the recently added stuff I see are older movies. Girlfriend's mom is in this weekend and she likes to watch movies, but I'd rather stream something than have to order on-demand.

Anything relatively recent on there now? All the recently added stuff I see are older movies. Girlfriend's mom is in this weekend and she likes to watch movies, but I'd rather stream something than have to order on-demand.
Without knowing more about your girlfriend's mom's taste in movies I'd say this site is your best bet. Easy way to search by popularity, recency, genre, reviews, etc.

Without knowing more about your girlfriend's mom's taste in movies I'd say this site is your best bet. Easy way to search by popularity, recency, genre, reviews, etc.
I dunno, she's a 57 year old lady. She will probably watch pretty much anything though that isn't a crazy violent or vulgar festival . . . which rules out my queue mostly.

I dunno, she's a 57 year old lady. She will probably watch pretty much anything though that isn't a crazy violent or vulgar festival . . . which rules out my queue mostly.
On the Waterfront :moneybag:

Suburbia
:goodposting:

Now that actually is already in my queue.

Winter's Bone?

It really irks me that Netflix let's you only have one queue for your whole house. I have no idea how the quality was on Bob the Builder, but thanks for asking.

It really irks me that Netflix let's you only have one queue for your whole house. I have no idea how the quality was on Bob the Builder, but thanks for asking.
:goodposting: I forward all of these emails to my wife. How was the quality on Barney's Big Adventure?

The Documentary "Dogs Decoded" is all about how special dogs are, and include fascinating experiments about breeding out foxes in Russia.

'Disco Stu said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
'Disco Stu said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
'TobiasFunke said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
Winter's Bone?
Just when things got interesting in Winter's Bone the credits rolled. Totally underwhelming.

'Disco Stu said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
'Disco Stu said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
'TobiasFunke said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
Winter's Bone?
Just when things got interesting in Winter's Bone the credits rolled. Totally underwhelming.
You mean just when it was about to turn into a cliche revenge fantasy? It stopped at exactly the right moment.

'Disco Stu said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
'Disco Stu said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
'TobiasFunke said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:
Winter's Bone?
You mean just when it was about to turn into a cliche revenge fantasy? It stopped at exactly the right moment.
:goodposting:

I watched I think the first 4 seasons. It's pretty good. I think the biggest reason I lost interest at that point was because it was becoming more and more ridiculous/outlandish/unbelievable (much more than the first couple seasons).
Exactly. Great series while it lasted.

Going to go against the grain here and say that I don't care for Mad Men at all. Not interesting in the least. It's quite boring. There. I've said it.
I'm de-friending you on Facebook.
Jdog,Wait.
Glad I gave Mad Men a full season. I finally bought into it towards the end of season 1. The first 3/4 of season 1 tended to put me to sleep. The turning point was when the wormy little guy tried to blackmail Draper. Looking forward to watching. This is why I love Netflix streaming. I would have missed out. It is no Breaking Bad but this is quality tv.

Breaking Bad s01-s03 now streaming on Netflix. :thumbup:
great! I was hoping they'd put it on there
For those who have yet to see this show, now is a great opportunity to see it from the beginning. Best show on television, IMO.
:goodposting: It really is the best show on tv. Maybe the best show ever.
I said nothing would ever top Sopranos, and then I watched The Wire..If this is better than The Wire, I will literally #### in my pants and give myself extra laundry to do.

Users who are viewing this thread