What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (10 Viewers)

I also just started Season 1 of Nip/Tuck. I loved the first few episodes but I noticed it has a poor Netflix rating. I don't want spoilers, of course, but does it drop off significantly from the beginning? I'd hate to invest a lot of time in the series just to be disappointed later.
I watched I think the first 4 seasons. It's pretty good. I think the biggest reason I lost interest at that point was because it was becoming more and more ridiculous/outlandish/unbelievable (much more than the first couple seasons).
Exactly. Great series while it lasted.
I would agree. It peaks at the end of season 3 with the resolution of "the Carver" plotline. From there on the show just fell victim to its own formula of repeatedly pushing the envelope as far as possible. The final few seasons are just laughably outrageous (and not in a good way.)

Was catching up on Breaking Bad with the dvd's, but really excited to finish off the series with streaming and use my 1 at a time for something else. Finished season 2 :thumbup:

Going to go against the grain here and say that I don't care for Mad Men at all. Not interesting in the least. It's quite boring. There. I've said it.
I'm de-friending you on Facebook.
Jdog,Wait.
Glad I gave Mad Men a full season. I finally bought into it towards the end of season 1. The first 3/4 of season 1 tended to put me to sleep. The turning point was when the wormy little guy tried to blackmail Draper. Looking forward to watching. This is why I love Netflix streaming. I would have missed out. It is no Breaking Bad but this is quality tv.
:thumbup:

Going to go against the grain here and say that I don't care for Mad Men at all. Not interesting in the least. It's quite boring. There. I've said it.
I'm de-friending you on Facebook.
Jdog,Wait.
Glad I gave Mad Men a full season. I finally bought into it towards the end of season 1. The first 3/4 of season 1 tended to put me to sleep. The turning point was when the wormy little guy tried to blackmail Draper. Looking forward to watching. This is why I love Netflix streaming. I would have missed out. It is no Breaking Bad but this is quality tv.
:lmao:

The one new series I decided to watch (after missing out on 24, Lost, etc) back in 2006 was Daybreak, but it was canceled midseason. :ptts:

I thought it was a pretty interesting show, so I started from the beginning and watched the 13 episode season on Netflix the past two months.

Not bad. Basically 24 meets Groundhog Day. And Moon Bloodgood looks great in her pajamas every morning. :wub:

Middle Men was recently added. Worth a watch. Kind of a "Blow" like story about the guys that came up with the idea for credit card processing for pron sites. Ribisi is good in it.

Middle Men was recently added. Worth a watch. Kind of a "Blow" like story about the guys that came up with the idea for credit card processing for pron sites. Ribisi is good in it.
Sounds right up my alley. Netflix must know me well as it was already #2 in my instant watch top 10 :thumbup:

Sounds right up my alley. Netflix must know me well as it was already #2 in my instant watch top 10 :thumbup:
Judging from the recent lists you've posted, I've determined our tastes are approximately 93% similar. Definitely give it a try.

Anyone watch The Glades? TV show on A&E I think (and believe you can watch second season on their site). Have 1st season up. Different kind of humor from lead detective, enjoyed it.

I also just started Season 1 of Nip/Tuck. I loved the first few episodes but I noticed it has a poor Netflix rating. I don't want spoilers, of course, but does it drop off significantly from the beginning? I'd hate to invest a lot of time in the series just to be disappointed later.
I watched I think the first 4 seasons. It's pretty good. I think the biggest reason I lost interest at that point was because it was becoming more and more ridiculous/outlandish/unbelievable (much more than the first couple seasons).
Exactly. Great series while it lasted.
I would agree. It peaks at the end of season 3 with the resolution of "the Carver" plotline. From there on the show just fell victim to its own formula of repeatedly pushing the envelope as far as possible. The final few seasons are just laughably outrageous (and not in a good way.)
I watched the entire series over the course of the spring semester - highly recommended if anyone asked me. It does get a bit over the top as it goes on, but the only pat I really dislike is the plot around Sean's agent.
The one new series I decided to watch (after missing out on 24, Lost, etc) back in 2006 was Daybreak, but it was canceled midseason. :ptts:

I thought it was a pretty interesting show, so I started from the beginning and watched the 13 episode season on Netflix the past two months.

Not bad. Basically 24 meets Groundhog Day. And Moon Bloodgood looks great in her pajamas every morning. :wub:
I remember liking that show when it was on TV - I'll have to check it out on Netflix! Thanks for letting us know it was on there.

Maybe not new to Netflix, but some well reviewed movies I hadn't noticed before...

21 Grams

The Boxer

Gangs of New York

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover

One of my favorites, The Last of the Mohicans, is now streaming. Daniel Day Lewis is such an underrated actor.

The Last Lullaby is ok, but

Chocolate has very cool martial arts fight scenes by young autistic girl. Thai with subtitles. Be sure to watch the post credits stunt aftermaths :thumbup:

For all you Breaking Bad people...

Wasn't the main guy diagnosed with lung cancer early in the first season? Have they ever re-addressed that since? I watched the first few episodes of season one, but I just did not get hooked.

For all you Breaking Bad people...Wasn't the main guy diagnosed with lung cancer early in the first season? Have they ever re-addressed that since? I watched the first few episodes of season one, but I just did not get hooked.
He's been in remission.However, I get the feeling with just one more season left it's going to rear it's ugly head again. In fact I think i'm one of the few people who thinks he's still going to die of cancer and not some violent mob death.

Watched the first 4 episodes of Breaking Bad last night. I like it, but im not sure im buying greatest show of all time or currently on right now. The wire is still goat and boardwalk amd thrones are ahead at least.

Watched the first 4 episodes of Breaking Bad last night. I like it, but im not sure im buying greatest show of all time or currently on right now. The wire is still goat and boardwalk amd thrones are ahead at least.
I sorta agree, but will still reserve judgment. I do like it. Just sorta stressful and for an individual like me, who may or may not have been in similar compromising situations, sans cancer.

Caught the first two episodes of Breaking Bad. Solid entertainment but I have yet to be blown away.
After watching the first episode, I put that show down for about 3 or 4 months, thinking it was a campy MacGuyver-esque but lovable program.After finishing up the first three seasons, I'm convinced it's the best show on television. Give it some time.

I was similar until I got into the second season. You've got to watch more episodes.

'Usual21 said:
Don't know if this one has been discussed but a buddy recommended "I Saw The Devil".Holy. Fn. Jesus.
This kept popping up for me and never added it. I guess its time to throw it into the instant watch heap :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
For all you Breaking Bad people...Wasn't the main guy diagnosed with lung cancer early in the first season? Have they ever re-addressed that since? I watched the first few episodes of season one, but I just did not get hooked.
He's been in remission.However, I get the feeling with just one more season left it's going to rear it's ugly head again. In fact I think i'm one of the few people who thinks he's still going to die of cancer and not some violent mob death.
Thanks for not putting this in SPOILER

Watched and enjoyed Fathead last weekend. Pokes fun at the government and public's view of healthy food. Openly criticizes Spurlock's Supersize Me. Definitely worth viewing. 3.5/5

:hot:

:hot:

Horror fans make sure to check out Session 9, newly added.

At first you think it's just a crappy low budget David Caruso film, then you realize that it is creeping the #### out of you.

'hooter311 said:
'Chaka said:
Horror fans make sure to check out Session 9, newly added.

At first you think it's just a crappy low budget David Caruso film, then you realize that it is creeping the #### out of you.
You do?
Just you.Top 3 scariest movies of 2000-2010, alongside Orphanage and the Ring.
I thought it was interesting but I kept getting lost in David Caruso's haunting1000 yard gaze.I very much liked Orphanage, I found the Ring to be solid as well.

Let the Right One In...Swedish Vampire flick but not just gore, lot of story to it, pretty good flick.

Another horror film that I think you guys would like, some of you anyways.

"The House of the Devil"

It's set in the 80s and it pays tribute to old horror films. It has good acting, starts a little slow but it builds and then has a pretty fun ending plus it's only about 90 minutes. Not really super gore type stuff but more suspense and a few times you really think the #### is going to hit the fan. Horror film fans should love the tribute it pays. It looks like an old movie but it was shot just a couple years ago. Even the credits are a tribute to old horror films. Definitely will put you in the Halloween spirit. What's great about setting films in the 80s is there really are not rampant cell phone or internet which takes away some obvious easy outs for most of the modern fins. People don't always have a way to call for help which I think adds to the suspense.

Cheers

My current instant queue. Any that should be avoided? Wish I had more free time...

9 Songs

13 Assassins

21 Grams

24 (seasons 1-8)

30 Rock (seasons 1-5)

A Film with Me in It

Alice in Wonderland

Apocalypto

Archer (season 1)

Arrested Development (seasons 1-3)

Big Trouble in Little China

Big Fan

Bigger, Stronger, Faster

Birdemic: Shock and Terror

Breaking Bad (seasons 1-3)

Brick

Brothers

Buffalo '66

Chappelle's Show (seasons 1-3)

Che

Clay Pigeons

Claymore

Conan the Barbarian

David Cross: Bigger and Blackerer

Dead Snow

Dear Zachary

Deep Water

Delicatessen

Dial M for Murder

Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia: IMAX

Doctor Zhivago

Dog Day Afternoon

Double Indemnity

Duck Soup

Exit Through the Gift Shop

Food, Inc.

From Dusk Till Dawn

Future Weapons (seasons 1-3)

Gangs of New York

Harry Brown

High Noon

I Love You Phillip Morris

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Intolerance

Ip Man

King Corn

Labyrinth

Let Me In

Letters from Iwo Jima

Louis C.K.: Chewed Up

Mad Men (seasons 1-4)

Man on Wire

March of the Penguins

Mary and Max

Metropolis Restored

Middle Men

My Left Foot

Mystery Team

Night of the Living Dead

No Direction Home: Bob Dylan

Once Upon a Time in the West

Ong Bak 2:00 The Beginning

Parks and Recreation (seasons 1-3)

Red White & Blue

Revenge of the Nerds

Roast of Bob Saget: Uncensored Extended

Roast of David Hasselhoff

Sleeping Dogs Lie

Smokey and the Bandit

SNL: The Best of Commercial Parodies

Star Trek

Steven Wright: When the Leaves Blow Away

Strange Brew

Tangled

Tell No One

The Boxer

The Last of the Mohicans

The Cook, Thief, His Wife and Her

The Grifters

The House of Yes

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl Who ed with Fire

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Way of the Gun

The Men Who Stare at Goats

The Evil Dead

The Boondock Saints

The Messenger

The Girlfriend Experience

The Cove

The Thin Blue Line

The Flaming Lips: The Fearless Freaks

The Return of the Pink Panther

The Secret of NIMH

The General

The Third Man

The Stranger

The Man Who Knew Too Much

The Gold Rush

The 39 Steps

The Lady Vanishes

The Office Special

The Office (U.K.) (seasons 1-2)

The Office (U.S.) (seasons 1-7)

The A-Team (seasons 1-5)

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (season 1)

The League (season 1)

The Wonder Years (seasons 1-6)

The Big Lebowski

Time Bandits

When You're Strange

When We Left Earth

Toy Story 3

The Usual Suspects

Clerks

The Thing

Louie (season 1)

Tron: Legacy

Conan O'Brien Can't Stop

Topsy-Turvy

Sid & Nancy

Jeffrey Ross: No Offense

'Disco Stu said:
My current instant queue. Any that should be avoided? Wish I had more free time...

9 Songs 13 Assassins 21 Grams 24 (seasons 1-8) 30 Rock (seasons 1-5) A Film with Me in It Alice in Wonderland Apocalypto Archer (season 1) Arrested Development (seasons 1-3) Big Trouble in Little China Big Fan Bigger, Stronger, Faster Birdemic: Shock and Terror Breaking Bad (seasons 1-3) Brick Brothers Buffalo '66 Chappelle's Show (seasons 1-3) Che Clay Pigeons Claymore Conan the Barbarian David Cross: Bigger and Blackerer Dead Snow Dear Zachary Deep Water Delicatessen Dial M for Murder Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia: IMAX Doctor Zhivago Dog Day Afternoon Double Indemnity Duck Soup Exit Through the Gift Shop Food, Inc. From Dusk Till Dawn Future Weapons (seasons 1-3) Gangs of New York Harry Brown High Noon I Love You Phillip Morris I Am Trying to Break Your HeartIntolerance Ip Man King Corn Labyrinth Let Me In Letters from Iwo Jima Louis C.K.: Chewed Up Mad Men (seasons 1-4) Man on Wire March of the Penguins Mary and Max Metropolis Restored Middle Men My Left Foot Mystery Team Night of the Living Dead No Direction Home: Bob Dylan Once Upon a Time in the WestOng Bak 2:00 The Beginning Parks and Recreation (seasons 1-3) Red White & Blue Revenge of the Nerds Roast of Bob Saget: Uncensored Extended Roast of David HasselhoffSleeping Dogs Lie Smokey and the Bandit SNL: The Best of Commercial Parodies Star Trek Steven Wright: When the Leaves Blow AwayStrange Brew Tangled Tell No One The Boxer The Last of the Mohicans The Cook, Thief, His Wife and HerThe Grifters The House of Yes The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo The Girl Who ed with Fire The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's NestThe Way of the Gun The Men Who Stare at Goats The Evil Dead The Boondock Saints The Messenger The Girlfriend Experience The Cove The Thin Blue Line The Flaming Lips: The Fearless Freaks The Return of the Pink Panther The Secret of NIMH The General The Third Man The Stranger The Man Who Knew Too Much The Gold Rush The 39 Steps The Lady Vanishes The Office Special The Office (U.K.) (seasons 1-2) The Office (U.S.) (seasons 1-7) The A-Team (seasons 1-5) The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (season 1) The League (season 1) The Wonder Years (seasons 1-6) The Big Lebowski Time Bandits When You're Strange When We Left EarthToy Story 3The Usual SuspectsClerksThe ThingLouie (season 1)Tron: LegacyConan O'Brien Can't StopTopsy-TurvySid & NancyJeffrey Ross: No Offense
Tron was awesome. I was blown away by the CGI, wish I had seen it in 3-D, sure it must have been awesome. Looked great in 2D as well.

Users who are viewing this thread