What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

I'm really digging Intelligence :thumbup:

Smartly plotted and smoothly acted, this cops-and-criminals drama is set in Vancouver, where Mary Spalding (Klea Scott) is the regional director of the government's Organized Crime Unit, and cocky Jimmy Spalding (Ian Tracey) heads a successful pot-smuggling ring. When unforeseen events result in unexpected circumstances, the two supposed enemies become unlikely bedfellows to save their distinct but closely linked franchises.
Billed as "Canada's The Wire"
Thanks for mentioning this. Much more low key then the Wire, but very high quality television. I am about 8 episodes deep.

I probably just missed the boat on this one but I had never even heard of SLC Punk before watching it this weekend. Great, funny movie -- particularly for those of you in your 40s with memory of the 80s punk scene.
:hifive: Awesome flick, best "punk" film of all time.
No, that would be The Filth and The Fury. But I get what you mean. How about, "Best Fictional Punk Film of All Time."
Did you ever get around to watching Hard Core Logo, friend-o?
Oooo thanks for reminding me. I've had it in my Netflix queue ever since you recommended it. I didn't know it was available streaming. I'll check it out :thumbup:
Oops, recommended it in the wrong thread. It is NOT streaming right now. Worth the rental for any of the "punk rock" crowd though.
Sweet. I'm a big punk rock fan, so I appreciate a movie made in the genre :headbang:
Its on there now Jdoggy. Recommended for mockumentary/punk rock fans, if such a genre exists.

Took a break from Intelligence to dive into Sports Night. How is Aaron Sorkin TV so compelling? Love the scripts to these things which is kind of a rarity for 90's television.

Le Femme Nikita is up and going...wish they would put Leon the Professional in cue but I did get to DVR it from Encore about a week ago and watch it in HD however I am having problems with my surround sound unless I am watching a Blu Ray or Netflix, regular TV just comes out of my TV speakers, kind of annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Le Femme Nikita is up and going...wish they would put Leon the Professional in cue but I did get to DVR it from Encore about a week ago and watch it in HD however I am having problems with my surround sound unless I am watching a Blu Ray or Netflix, regular TV just comes out of my TV speakers, kind of annoying.
If you are watching Leon, you need to make sure it is the International version (133 minutes)

If you are watching Leon, you need to make sure it is the International version (133 minutes)
I didn't know this. Is there anything noteworthy missing in the US cut? I saw it a few years ago and loved it, but I have no idea if it was the uncut version or not. Might need to see it again...

I didn't know this. Is there anything noteworthy missing in the US cut? I saw it a few years ago and loved it, but I have no idea if it was the uncut version or not. Might need to see it again...
From wikipedia:
The additional material is found in the film's second act, and it depicts more of the interactions and relationship between Léon and Mathilda, as well as explicitly demonstrating how Mathilda accompanies Léon on several of his hits as "a full co-conspirator," to further her training as a contract killer.[17]The additional scenes[18] include: Mathilda telling Léon she is 18 years old. Mathilda threatening to shoot herself playing Russian roulette if Léon doesn't teach her how to become a killer. Léon taking Mathilda to meet Tony. Léon and Mathilda hitting a drug dealer's home, with Mathilda setting fire to his supply of drugs with rubbing alcohol. A montage of training missions where Mathilda learns the ropes of becoming an assassin. Léon and Mathilda celebrating her first hit at a restaurant, where she gets drunk. Léon explaining why he left Italy and went to New York at the age of 19. Mathilda asking Léon to be her lover (with Léon refusing, saying "I wouldn't be a very good lover"). Mathilda and Léon sleeping next to each other in a bed.

From wikipedia:
The additional material is found in the film's second act, and it depicts more of the interactions and relationship between Léon and Mathilda, as well as explicitly demonstrating how Mathilda accompanies Léon on several of his hits as "a full co-conspirator," to further her training as a contract killer.[17]The additional scenes[18] include: Mathilda telling Léon she is 18 years old. Mathilda threatening to shoot herself playing Russian roulette if Léon doesn't teach her how to become a killer. Léon taking Mathilda to meet Tony. Léon and Mathilda hitting a drug dealer's home, with Mathilda setting fire to his supply of drugs with rubbing alcohol. A montage of training missions where Mathilda learns the ropes of becoming an assassin. Léon and Mathilda celebrating her first hit at a restaurant, where she gets drunk. Léon explaining why he left Italy and went to New York at the age of 19. Mathilda asking Léon to be her lover (with Léon refusing, saying "I wouldn't be a very good lover"). Mathilda and Léon sleeping next to each other in a bed.
Thanks. Looks like I did see the uncut version.

From wikipedia:
Thanks. Looks like I did see the uncut version.The training scenes with her are my favorite.

From wikipedia:
Thanks. Looks like I did see the uncut version.
The training scenes with her are my favorite.It would have a very different feel without those additional scenes.

I watched Red State last night. It was pretty good. I am not a John Goodman fan but I thought he did exceptionally well in this film.

I watched Red State last night. It was pretty good. I am not a John Goodman fan but I thought he did exceptionally well in this film.
Really? I love Goodman, but didn't see anything really exceptional from him here. I guess his norm to me is pretty darn good. They were definitely going for the lowkey approach. Did you know it was a Kevin Smith film? I was really impressed with the filmmaking quality here, leaps and bounds better than anything he has ever done.

'hooter311 said:
Took a break from Intelligence to dive into Sports Night. How is Aaron Sorkin TV so compelling? Love the scripts to these things which is kind of a rarity for 90's television.
Sports Night is fantastic.

Really? I love Goodman, but didn't see anything really exceptional from him here. I guess his norm to me is pretty darn good. They were definitely going for the lowkey approach. Did you know it was a Kevin Smith film? I was really impressed with the filmmaking quality here, leaps and bounds better than anything he has ever done.
I did know it was a Kevin Smith film. I heard him talking about it on the radio which is why I looked it up. I think it is the best he has done. Not really sure why I dont like Goodman. I have always felt he was over rated. I agree he was very low key in this film and that may be why I liked him in it. I thought the sound in this movie was phenomenal as well. Everything from the gun shots to the trumpets sounded perfect.

Limitless with Cooper from earlier this year is streaming. I haven't seen it yet.
That's the one where he takes a bill to make his brain work at full capacity? If so, it isn't great but isn't bad - mindless entertainment. I came in to recommend SLC Punk but see that has been covered. Would also recommend "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

'Ministry of Pain said:
Limitless with Cooper from earlier this year is streaming. I haven't seen it yet.
just watched it. better than expexted :thumbup:
You don't have to take one of those mind pills to realize there a lot of plot holes but the movie moves along quickly enough to keep the audience from dwelling on them. The filmmakers shot New York in a way to make it seem both familiar and alien. Bradley Cooper is supposedly the sexiest man alive and DeNiro picked up a check without breaking a sweat.

A few interesting releases today:10 Yards: Fantasy Football
This is the one that's half documetary, half reality show right? I thought the doc part about FF was ok (Cecil Lammey has a couple cameos). The reality show part was like reading about someone elses team in the Shark Pool.

Every time I go to watch netflix on my PS3 I have to do an effing system update. 20 minutes later I can finally watch a movie.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Watched Limitless, what a terrible movie. This Bradley Cooper makes some really bad films.
I thought it was ok. I liked the first hour quite a bit, then it started to fall apart in the second half and ended badly. It could have been a lot better.
Yeah well that's why it's a bad movie. I guess I don't watch 45 minutes and then shut it off. But honestly I thought the beginning was weird too, the minute he took the pills and had to pretend to be smart the rails came off mighty quick. I think it was terrible casting but they didn't want hungry actors, they wanted someone that would draw people on name alone. The scene where he was talking about business, IPO, whatever and the guy ran downstairs to ask him about his portfolio was just uncomfortable to watch, wasn't remotely believable. Cooper's reaction to his BIL after the dry-clean pick up was also really bad acting. I guess I'm saying I didn't like much of it whether it was the beginning, middle, end, didn't matter. I am going to run out of Breaking Bad episodes soon, that makes me sad.

Pelada is a documentary made by two former college soccer stars who failed to make it professionally. They travel to 25 countries filming people of all ages who, like themselves, play for the love of the game. Anyone who feels passionately about sports, soccer or not, would enjoy this.

'sports_fan said:
Pelada is a documentary made by two former college soccer stars who failed to make it professionally. They travel to 25 countries filming people of all ages who, like themselves, play for the love of the game. Anyone who feels passionately about sports, soccer or not, would enjoy this.
Added to queue :thumbup:

Another vote for "Downfall". :thumbup: Really good movie about the last days of Hitler. in his bunker in Berlin The guy who played Hitler did a superb job.

Another vote for "Downfall". :thumbup: Really good movie about the last days of Hitler. in his bunker in Berlin The guy who played Hitler did a superb job.
Love this movie. I like movies that do not tell me how I should feel about something. We know Nazis were bad. Duh. But by simply putting these well-written characters on screen without judgment, I can see a shred of humanity in some of them.

Love this movie. I like movies that do not tell me how I should feel about something. We know Nazis were bad. Duh. But by simply putting these well-written characters on screen without judgment, I can see a shred of humanity in some of them.
Kind of almost. The madness behind it all and what these people felt/thought was palpable. Great acting.

Kind of almost. The madness behind it all and what these people felt/thought was palpable. Great acting.
It's an exceptional film

It's an exceptional film
I enjoyed it too. I have seen a few of these WWII themed movies that have subtitles lately, and I have liked each one. Most of them are better than most Hollywood films.

The Game with Michael Douglas/Sean Penn

Pearl Jam 20

I have added both to my que and cannot get them to come up when I flip the Blu Ray on...I do not understand why. On Netflix it shows them in my instant que. Really want to watch both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vice Guide to Travel is leaving instant soon. Some of the episodes are pretty interesting so you might want to check it out before it's no longer available.

'Ministry of Pain said:
The Game with Michael Douglas/Sean PennPearl Jam 20 I have added both to my que and cannot get them to come up when I flip the Blu Ray on...I do not understand why. On Netflix it shows them in my instant que. Really want to watch both of these.
¿que?

'Ministry of Pain said:
The Game with Michael Douglas/Sean Penn

Pearl Jam 20

I have added both to my que and cannot get them to come up when I flip the Blu Ray on...I do not understand why. On Netflix it shows them in my instant que. Really want to watch both of these.
Thanks for the PJ recommendation. I was in college in the early 90's and growing up in the PNW, many of the bands documented in the movie were bands I listened too and were familiar with. Watching the movie brought back alot of memories as only music can....bands like Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden, etc. were the soundtrack to my 20's.For fans of grunge rock but especially Pearl Jam, this movie is a must see.

Anyone having trouble logging in? I've already reset my pass.
Not sure exactly what your experiencing, but several times I've had to uninstall Netflix from my 360 and reinstall to get it working. If you want to take this route go into the hard drive section of your 360, delete netflix, then go to netflix's website and do the add a device thing, $$.

No I'm talking logging into the actual website. Keeps rejecting my username and pass. Apparently others are experiencing the same thing.

Just finished watching Downfall..what a powerful movie. I agree with Jdogg, it was refreshing to see the characters in a non documentary setting where you let the characters and their actions speak for themselves. After watching the movie, I did some research and found a book written by the tall SS Officer that was guarding Hitler's room and was responsible for burning his body (Heinz Linge). Linge was Hitler's chauffeur and wrote a memoir that received very good reviews on Amazon. I bought it and am very looking forward to reading it.This is a great thread with alot of fantastic recommendations...keep i'm coming.

Users who are viewing this thread