What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

I just "watched instantly" an independent film called Evenhand about two cops with different approaches to the job. (Yeah, I know, it's been done before, but rarely this well.) Not only is it a good flick, but it's a rare treat to watch a good movie with no prior exposure to the film's trailer. :pickle:

When Your Strange, Tom DiCillio's MUST SEE doc IF you're a Doors fan. Unreal footage of Morrison in this thing.

Also the new Stones in Exile Doc about the 40th anniversary of Exile on Main St.

When Your Strange, Tom DiCillio's MUST SEE doc IF you're a Doors fan. Unreal footage of Morrison in this thing. Also the new Stones in Exile Doc about the 40th anniversary of Exile on Main St.
Just added When You're Strange the other day, very psyched to see it. Thanks for the Stones rec. :goodposting:

Didn't read the whole thead, so sorry if this is allready been posted, Weeds season 1 and 2 are on the watch instantly part. I thought it was a awsome show, just waiting for season 3 now.
On a whim, I've been catching up on this show and am liking it very much. Kevin Nealon is hilarious and there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.

Netflix live streaming universe to expand

Gotta say, I'm impressed. Unlike their immediate predecessor Blockbuster, who found a model and refused to adapt until it was too late, Netflix seems interested in actually being ahead of the curve and being the #1 source for live streaming entertainment for the next couple of years. Their offerings are leaps and bounds ahead of what you can get on demand, and apparently will be growing quite a bit.

Netflix live streaming universe to expand

Gotta say, I'm impressed. Unlike their immediate predecessor Blockbuster, who found a model and refused to adapt until it was too late, Netflix seems interested in actually being ahead of the curve and being the #1 source for live streaming entertainment for the next couple of years. Their offerings are leaps and bounds ahead of what you can get on demand, and apparently will be growing quite a bit.
:boner:

Red Cliff is pretty solid.Avoid list:The LineIs There Anybody There?Something Like a BusinessRiverWorld
Agree on Riverworld....I tried to watch it because I remembered liking the original TV mini-series that I caught on the SciFi Channel a few years back. This "new" version pretty much stank and I turned it off after a while. I would have turned it off sooner, but it made me fall asleep first, so I didn't kill it until I woke up a little later.

Red Cliff is pretty solid.Avoid list:The LineIs There Anybody There?Something Like a BusinessRiverWorld
Agree on Riverworld....I tried to watch it because I remembered liking the original TV mini-series that I caught on the SciFi Channel a few years back. This "new" version pretty much stank and I turned it off after a while. I would have turned it off sooner, but it made me fall asleep first, so I didn't kill it until I woke up a little later.
I tried to watch the first episode but couldn't get into it.

Holy crap..........if you haven't watched Black Dynamite yet, you really need to. Hilarious sendup of blacksploitation movies. (Eleven hundred jive turkeys/5)

Holy crap..........if you haven't watched Black Dynamite yet, you really need to. Hilarious sendup of blacksploitation movies. (Eleven hundred jive turkeys/5)
:goodposting: I got a kick out of this as well, got a little worn out by the end, but great nonetheless.

SmoovySmoov said:
DYNO-MITE DYNO-MITE :goodposting:

"Below" is a Coke-Lite suspense film that was an effective time killer of two hours.

I kind of like submarine movies so this one worked for me. And I like Bruce Greenwood a lot - dude's money in everything he's in. Kinda Bill Paxton-ish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a limit to the size of your watch instantly que? My wife added a bunch of stuff, but when we open up Netflix on the Wii, we only see 45 titles. There are more than that in our que.

Is there a limit to the size of your watch instantly que? My wife added a bunch of stuff, but when we open up Netflix on the Wii, we only see 45 titles. There are more than that in our que.
Maybe with the Wii. I have over 100 and they all show up on my netflix equipped blu-ray player.

Are the foreign films subtitled or dubbed in the Watch Instantly queue? Not a fan of watching them dubbed and someone at work told me Oldboy (which I've heard great things about) is dubbed and not subtitled.

Are the foreign films subtitled or dubbed in the Watch Instantly queue? Not a fan of watching them dubbed and someone at work told me Oldboy (which I've heard great things about) is dubbed and not subtitled.
Subtitled. At least the ones I've seen so far. Haven't watched Oldboy, but it's in my queue.

I see all my titles on the Wii and I'm around 125+. :shrug:Do you have a widescreen TV?
I do have a widescreen. :wall:I didn't actually check the que online, just took my wife's word for it. I guess I'll go with the standard assumption that she did something wrong when adding titles to the que online.

I see all my titles on the Wii and I'm around 125+. :shrug:Do you have a widescreen TV?
I do have a widescreen. :wall:I didn't actually check the que online, just took my wife's word for it. I guess I'll go with the standard assumption that she did something wrong when adding titles to the que online.
This is generally the correct assumption, I have learned.

I see all my titles on the Wii and I'm around 125+. :mellow:Do you have a widescreen TV?
I do have a widescreen. :shrug:
I was joking, implying that a widescreen would fit more titles.Too subtle, I know. :bag:

Movies I've watched over the past year or so on live stream, with my rating out of 5 stars:

The Paper Chase, 1973: 2.5 stars

Father Goose, 1964: 4.5 stars

The Right Stuff, 1983: 4.5 stars

Broadcast News, 1987: 4 stars

Boys of Summerville, 2008: 0.5

Ken Burns' Jazz, 2001: 5 stars

Grumpy Old Men, 1993: 4 stars

Picture Perfect, 1997: 1.5 stars

Tender Mercies, 1983: 1 star

The Treatment, 2006: 2.5 stars

Love Conquers Paul, 2009: 0.5 stars

Splinterheads, 2009: 2 stars

Melvin Goes to Dinner, 2003: 2 stars

I'm Reed Fish, 2007: 2 stars

Bugsy, 1991: 1.5 stars

The Answer Man, 2009: 2 stars

Against All Odds, 1984: 3 stars

Management, 2009: 2 stars

The Proposal, 2009: 3.5 stars

Blame It on Rio, 1984: 2.5 stars

The Big Sleep, 1946: 4 stars

The Boondock Saints, 1999: 3.5 stars

Nick and Norah's Infinite Play List, 2008: 3 stars

Cadillac Records, 2008: 4 stars

Cashback, 2006: 3 stars

Sex Drive, 2008: 2.5 stars

Step Brothers, 2008: 3.75 stars

Arthur, 1981: 4.5 stars

Slapshot, 1977: 4.5 stars

The World According to Garp, 1982: 3.75 stars

The Royal Tenenbaums, 2001: 4.75 stars

Two Mules for Sister Sara, 1970: 4 stars

Porky's, 1981: 3 stars

Rob Roy, 1995: 3.25 stars

Murphy's Romance, 1985: 3 stars

As Good as It Gets, 1997: 4.25 stars

Kicking and Screaming, 1995: 3.5 stars

La Vie en Rose, 2007: 3.75 stars

TV Shows

The IT Crowd: 4 stars

Arrested Development: 5 stars

Dexter, Season One: 5 stars

Dexter, Season Two: 3 stars

Archer, 4 stars

Wire in the Blood, 2.5 stars

Californication, Season One: 4 stars

Man vs. Food: 4.5 stars

Friday Night Lights, 5 stars

Just watched 2012 last night on instant. Staring John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor (the bounty hunter in the Serenity movie) Amanda Peet, Danny Glover, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton, George Segal, Oliver Platt and a host of other supporting cast members. 2-1/2+ hours long. Very little religious undertones. It has more to do with how the worlds populations will react to the Mayan prophecies coming true.

"When typhoons, earthquakes and other disasters suddenly threaten to destroy the world, Jackson (John Cusack), his estranged wife, Kate (Amanda Peet), and others surmise that the secret may lie in ancient Mayan prophecies that describe global calamity in the year 2012. Roland Emmerich co-writes and directs."

I thought this movie was pretty awesome. Netflix gives it a 3.9 rating. I'd give it a 4.5 - 5 rating. Very well done.

Enjoy!!

I also re-watched Bicentenial Man the other week (Robin Wiliams, Sam Neill, Embeth Davidtz) and was pleasantly surprised that it hadn't lost anything over the years.

Just watched 2012 last night on instant. Staring John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor (the bounty hunter in the Serenity movie) Amanda Peet, Danny Glover, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton, George Segal, Oliver Platt and a host of other supporting cast members. 2-1/2+ hours long. Very little religious undertones. It has more to do with how the worlds populations will react to the Mayan prophecies coming true.

"When typhoons, earthquakes and other disasters suddenly threaten to destroy the world, Jackson (John Cusack), his estranged wife, Kate (Amanda Peet), and others surmise that the secret may lie in ancient Mayan prophecies that describe global calamity in the year 2012. Roland Emmerich co-writes and directs."

I thought this movie was pretty awesome. Netflix gives it a 3.9 rating. I'd give it a 4.5 - 5 rating. Very well done.

Enjoy!!
I just watched this as well. It was better than I thought it would be. If you can look past some of the cheesy stuff and just sit back and enjoy, it's a good time.Similar to: Independence Day

I see all my titles on the Wii and I'm around 125+. :goodposting:Do you have a widescreen TV?
I do have a widescreen. :)
I was joking, implying that a widescreen would fit more titles.Too subtle, I know. :lmao:
Also, I'm not very bright.

Enjoy!!
I just watched this as well. It was better than I thought it would be. If you can look past some of the cheesy stuff and just sit back and enjoy, it's a good time.Similar to: Independence Day
I really didn't think it was cheesy at all. Most of the special effects were very well done.

I thought 2012 was ok.

Cashback has been my biggest random surprise so far. Some cheeky british romantic dramedy with some gratuitous nudity.

Enjoy!!
I really didn't think it was cheesy at all. Most of the special effects were very well done.
What kind of painkillers do you take?

Bad Biology - a real tearjerker about a woman with 7 ########es meeting up with a guy with a giant penis. He is her true love and and she will live happy ever after until the penis detaches itself and breaks through walls and floors to rape unsuspecting women. Oh, I left out the weird part. The girl can conceive and birth a deformed baby within 2 hours of intercourse. I don't want to spoil the ending because that is where it just starts becoming a little crazy.

Bad Biology - a real tearjerker about a woman with 7 ########es meeting up with a guy with a giant penis. He is her true love and and she will live happy ever after until the penis detaches itself and breaks through walls and floors to rape unsuspecting women. Oh, I left out the weird part. The girl can conceive and birth a deformed baby within 2 hours of intercourse. I don't want to spoil the ending because that is where it just starts becoming a little crazy.
Part of my humanity was stolen in the course of reading that.

Richard Pryor: Live on the Sunset Strip

Amazing how awful the crowd is. Just talking and yelling #### out through the whole thing. Really strange.

This really needs a review by Stubs.

Hopscotch is a must see if you like spy movies with a little humor mixed in.

2012, however, was a ridiculous POS IMO. Awful movie.

Users who are viewing this thread