What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

Picked up S1 of "Patriot" on Prime last night. It's definitely offbeat and, only 3-4 episodes in, it cannot seem to make up its mind . I guess it's a light "dramedy" but it's still kind of charming. Great, fun casting too.

I liked it enough to keep watching, but I definitely found myself thinking that it just wasn't as good as I was expecting based on hype.   It seems as if most people disagree, but I get it.  
I'm a big fan but it's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea. The second season is pretty brutal.

Picked up S1 of "Patriot" on Prime last night. It's definitely offbeat and, only 3-4 episodes in, it cannot seem to make up its mind . I guess it's a light "dramedy" but it's still kind of charming. Great, fun casting too.
if you look up weltschmerz, it's a pic of the lead.

I really enjoyed the show. S2 took a bit for me to get into, and it's even more all over the place in terms of tone (Luxembourg police men in particular), but I ultimately like it. I think it's more "offbeat" comedy than anything drama.

In a good, intriguing way?  Or in a "this is crap" way?
In a good intriguing way.

Also Moss gets piped down in this season. Consensually, important thing to note for this show.
brutal to watch for the theme.

but also too much repeated use of "oh no, woman in impending peril" tv cliched scenes. the show operates at an overall very high level- that in particular felt lazy and cheap to me. like @Ned's Mom

I've started the new season of The Last Kingdom.  

I guess they bought out the production rights from the BBC?  It's not entirely clear who owns this.  

I'm just two episodes in but I am getting a "We need to rip off GOT even MORE" vibe.  This witch character is just an alter-persona of Dany.  

Finished American Vandal S2 and loved it.  Very fast watch. If motivated could knock this out in a single night the entire run time is under 3hrs.

Part way through Pine Gap in spite of my spidey senses tingling from the get go. aussie/us spy show where nothing happens, but lots of people look around suspiciously and talk about stuff that might be happening. also, **** might get down with jane.

I think @James Daulton would absolutely love this.

I've started the new season of The Last Kingdom.  

I guess they bought out the production rights from the BBC?  It's not entirely clear who owns this.  

I'm just two episodes in but I am getting a "We need to rip off GOT even MORE" vibe.  This witch character is just an alter-persona of Dany.  

I mentioned earlier that I’m #teamBeocca through and through, but I’d like to add that Ethelflaed has vaulted to the top of the “would hump” list

Travelers Season 3 episode 1. Ok start 

Grace is as annoying as ever, now they added creepy.

I do like that the fallout from the Travelers being discovered will have glitches, but that standoff at the farmhouse was anticlimactic. 

I don't think the director out the new traveler in Simon's body, I think it was Vincent 

If you like "behind the scenes" stuff, check out Harold & Lillian, A Hollywood Love Story, that Netflix bought from TCM. The couple were major minor figures in the movie business for half a century, he a storyboard artist who contributed to the visual logic of everything from the Ten Commandments to The Birds to Spaceballs; she, a studio research librarian who mentored the Greatest Generation of Filmakers over cups of tea until one of em, Coppola, bankrolled her building her own movie research library. It should be corny but isn't, just a lovely way to pass a coupla hours.

Did you read on?

Are you talking nested quotes? You select everything you want to quote, and a button pops up to quote selected...hit that and jerk face.
Yeah, I meant nested quotes.  Seems to be some sort of alchemy I can't deduce.  Sorry about the jerk comments.  Was just being "funny".

Yeah, I meant nested quotes.  Seems to be some sort of alchemy I can't deduce.  Sorry about the jerk comments.  Was just being "funny".
Only one jerk is fightin' woids. The second jerk made it funny... I got it.

I operate at like 80% with the nested quotes...just won't work sometimes. And much easier on desktop than phone.

Only one jerk is fightin' woids. The second jerk made it funny... I got it.

I operate at like 80% with the nested quotes...just won't work sometimes. And much easier on desktop than phone.
Ok, so again....how do I DO nested quotes?  I'm so bad at message boarding.  :lmao:  

Travelers Season 3 ep. 8 

God Dammit, not David!!

Who is the Faction getting help from? They were almost dead.

And I really wish they would have let Trevor reboot last episode 

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, so again....how do I DO nested quotes?  I'm so bad at message boarding.  :lmao:  

If you find out, let me know.

Did you read on?

Are you talking nested quotes? You select everything you want to quote, and a button pops up to quote selected...hit that and jerk face.
I’ll work up a finger puppet routine later

Travelers Season 3 overall A-

Reboot? OK.

Same Travelers? New Cast for Season 4?

But that was cute, ending with David and Marcy meeting in a new timeline? Or the same one? Or in the afterlife?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I am awaiting my first suspension, despite “them” allowing the finger emoji.
I explained how I do it. Twice.  :shrug:

Select what you want to quote and a "quote selection" button will appear. Click that.

I'm not sure how else to explain this without the finger puppets.

Lighter fare tonight with "To All the Boys I've Loved Before".  Cute teen romance genre. I was hoping it would be somehow quirkier but whatever. Well done for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread