What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

What would you recommend I watch next? Travelers, last kingdom, or bodyguard
Travelers = current day, sci fi sim to 12 monkeys.

Bodyguard = political/police thriller w melodrama intrigue

Kingdom =  historical fantasy (I bailed after a couple episodes, but looked interesting)

For me, travellers is the better show, but I like the sci-fi/apocalyptic genre more.

I explained how I do it. Twice.  :shrug:

Select what you want to quote and a "quote selection" button will appear. Click that.

I'm not sure how else to explain this without the finger puppets.
So when I hit that "plus" button (which I assume is what you mean by "select what you want to quote") and then hit "quote 1 post" this is what I get.  When YOU do it you get both the most recent post but also the post that post quoted.  How do you do THAT?  Is what I'm trying to ask.  Very, VERY poorly apparently.

Select what you want to quote and a "quote selection" button will appear. Click that.

So when I hit that "plus" button (which I assume is what you mean by "select what you want to quote") and then hit "quote 1 post" this is what I get.  When YOU do it you get both the most recent post but also the post that post quoted.  How do you do THAT?  Is what I'm trying to ask.  Very, VERY poorly apparently
This?

This

So when I hit that "plus" button (which I assume is what you mean by "select what you want to quote") and then hit "quote 1 post" this is what I get.  When YOU do it you get both the most recent post but also the post that post quoted.  How do you do THAT?  Is what I'm trying to ask.  Very, VERY poorly apparently
This
Wrong

This

This
Wrong
Right :confused:

😕

Last edited by a moderator:
So when I hit that "plus" button (which I assume is what you mean by "select what you want to quote") and then hit "quote 1 post" this is what I get.  When YOU do it you get both the most recent post but also the post that post quoted.  How do you do THAT?  Is what I'm trying to ask.  Very, VERY poorly apparently.

Highlight all text. Click quote selection
Select and highlight whatever you want to include (including quote boxes). While highlighted, a "wuote selection" box will appear. Whatever you do, don't click on that because that will quote the selection.

Select and highlight whatever you want to include (including quote boxes). While highlighted, a "wuote selection" box will appear. Whatever you do, don't click on that because that will quote the selection.
Seems mean

God I hate you guys.
I just told you how
Oh...look out, youll make him mad saying things like that

Seems mean
Now this may worth it

belljr said:
El Floppo said:
belljr said:
facook said:
God I hate you guys.
I just told you how

belljr said:
El Floppo said:
facook said:

belljr said:
Seems mean
Now this may worth it
Oh. My. God.  I :wub:  you guys. I hate MYSELF.  But I love you guys.

belljr said:
El Floppo said:
belljr said:
facook said:
God I hate you guys.
I just told you how

belljr said:
El Floppo said:
facook said:

belljr said:
Seems mean
Now this may worth it
Oh. My. God.  I :wub:  you guys. I hate MYSELF.  But I love you guys.
Look at THIS!!!  

It's weird - i don't like westerns in general but, when i find one i do, seems i like it more than almost anything. Lonesome Dove is just about my favorite TV thing ever and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs ain't far behind. My taste for the form is reflected by the fact that, even w the Coens behind it, it took me a month or so to hit it on Netflix. Don't you make the same mistake. As a writer, i am awed by the consideration between Western myth & reality it took to present these clever and resonant stories and, as a viewer, i am utterly charmed. Best short-story telling i've experienced since O'Henry blew me away as a lad.

It's weird - i don't like westerns in general but, when i find one i do, seems i like it more than almost anything. Lonesome Dove is just about my favorite TV thing ever and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs ain't far behind. My taste for the form is reflected by the fact that, even w the Coens behind it, it took me a month or so to hit it on Netflix. Don't you make the same mistake. As a writer, i am awed by the consideration between Western myth & reality it took to present these clever and resonant stories and, as a viewer, i am utterly charmed. Best short-story telling i've experienced since O'Henry blew me away as a lad.
but...but I sold my netflix account to buy you that complete set of louis l'amours

Finished Mrs Maisel S2. I find her character so annoying, and most of her routines not that funny that I find it hard to like the show. but I do. suzy absolutely kills it in S2, and their banter is fantastic and much funnier than any of the routines. and it's fun getting into a romanticized zeitgeist of the era (one my folks have repeatedly decried as socially small-minded and inhibiting.. but also out of which grew so much of what we think of as current thought and culture- like lenny bruce).

Finished Mrs Maisel S2. I find her character so annoying, and most of her routines not that funny that I find it hard to like the show. but I do. suzy absolutely kills it in S2, and their banter is fantastic and much funnier than any of the routines. and it's fun getting into a romanticized zeitgeist of the era (one my folks have repeatedly decried as socially small-minded and inhibiting.. but also out of which grew so much of what we think of as current thought and culture- like lenny bruce).
Is Shaloub as good as he was in the 1st season?

Is Shaloub as good as he was in the 1st season?
he's always great. I felt like the writing for his character was a bit all over the place... or maybe that they were writing his character in a different direction than I expected based on S1. but he's still fantastic. 

Travelers Season 3 overall A-

Reboot? OK.

Same Travelers? New Cast for Season 4?

But that was cute, ending with David and Marcy meeting in a new timeline? Or the same one? Or in the afterlife?
This show needs a “previously on” recap at the beginning of the season more than any other show ever created. I just turned off episode 3.1 after 20 minutes because I can’t remember what happened at the end of last season. 

Was suprised when Will dropped an F bomb. Isn’t this Canadian tv? 

Maggie still hot, though boring.   (Also she’s Marcy, not Maggie. Not that it matters)

A bit of trivia from Buster Scruggs I found interesting - The actor who plays the "Artist" in "Meal Ticket" (the limbless young man who recites the classics), is Harry Melling, known to most of us as the kid actor who played Dudley Dursley in the Harry Potter movies.  When I realized this, I looked up the actor's wiki and learned that he lost so much weight between his appearance in Order of the Phoenix (2007) and Deathly Hallows I (2010) that he had to wear a "fat suit" for the latter role, as he had become unrecognizable as Dudley.

Great movie imo.  All the shorts were very good, but I think my favorite is Tom Waits as the Prospector.

My current guilty pleasure is Future Man on Hulu.  Its pretty much juvenile crap, but has just enough in it to keep me binging, on to the next episode.  Typical Seth Rogan though - perfectly kid-friendly topic which would be fun to watch with my son, but about every 3rd episode or so he has to put something in there that goes over the line for me.

This show needs a “previously on” recap at the beginning of the season more than any other show ever created. I just turned off episode 3.1 after 20 minutes because I can’t remember what happened at the end of last season. 

Was suprised when Will dropped an F bomb. Isn’t this Canadian tv? 

Maggie still hot, though boring.   (Also she’s Marcy, not Maggie. Not that it matters)
You are right. I did binge the two previous seasons before watching Season 3.

It's Netflix. You can do pretty much anything. And you mean Maclaren. 

Yeah she is. She has some "Oh S***!" Moments in Season 3

Abe might be one of my favourite characters ever. 

"You'll never be Jimmy" 

I still think her funniest routine was her first in Season 1. Really raw, but  :lmao: .

And it didn't hurt that she flashed.

Agreed, Susie is the more compelling character on the show. Midges arrogance and privledge does rub me the wrong way

I still think her funniest routine was her first in Season 1. Really raw, but  :lmao: .

Agreed, Susie is the more compelling character on the show. Midges arrogance and privledge does rub me the wrong way
I feel like it's more ignorance than arrogance, imo. She seems to really care about Susie but is just very ignorant about their class difference(as one example). 

I feel like it's more ignorance than arrogance, imo. She seems to really care about Susie but is just very ignorant about their class difference(as one example). 
privileged naivete fo sho. felt believable...I'm sure we've all known a lot of people like this.

and I actually appreciate that they let the lead be unlikable in ways (she's also seemingly aware of mistakes after she makes them, and looks to acknowldege or change her behavior). but that whole wedding speech, I found to be completely ridiculous- not funny. and I'm probably watchign too much stuff- I start hearing lines spoken that seem a little out of the blue and immediately hear/see them as plot devices (ie: joke about bell labs) to come back later... which feel just a little lazy.

btw- when they first get to the catskills, I noticed what I thought was a big continuity error

they all get out of the car, but they don't bring the baby. figured the writers had just forgotten about it. there are like two or three scenes before they go back by the car again- and one of the help staff (never jimmy) asks what he should do with the baby. :lol:

btw- when they first get to the catskills, I noticed what I thought was a big continuity error

they all get out of the car, but they don't bring the baby. figured the writers had just forgotten about it. there are like two or three scenes before they go back by the car again- and one of the help staff (never jimmy) asks what he should do with the baby. :lol:
:lmao:

yes!!

"bring that too" /Midge :lmao:   :lmao:  

Just chiming in to add that Buster Scruggs is outstanding.  I'll need to watch it a few more times to form a strong opinion, but I loved the first and last stories in particular.  Both are just brilliant.

Edit: I went into this film totally blind, so for a while I had absolutely no idea what I was watching.  It wasn't until the end that it "clicked" for me.  You expect a dark movie from the Coens, but this is really dark, despite lots of comedy along the way.

Can’t disagree with much here.  Just finished S2 myself and am fully on board until SFinal, whenever that is...

For me...I thought they focused on her routines less and more the hustling part which was a good move.  Agree that her routines are getting tired at this point.  But once you know any comedians/comediennes schtick, it’s tougher to keep fresh.

Seemed like a priority of the season was un-schmucking Joel.  Shaloub still kills it, and I liked the first two episode arc between him and the Mrs.  But Mrs. slipped back into S1 mindset I thought after what should have been enlightened experience.

All in all, a very good follow up season to what was a spectacular opening.  

Excellent. I was ignoring this, assumed it would be a bad remake of blazing saddles or something along those lines. Will have to check it out after travelers. I'll agree that show is confusing at times but a quick https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelers_(TV_series) read will remind you enough to enjoy season 3.

Just chiming in to add that Buster Scruggs is outstanding.  I'll need to watch it a few more times to form a strong opinion, but I loved the first and last stories in particular.  Both are just brilliant.

Edit: I went into this film totally blind, so for a while I had absolutely no idea what I was watching.  It wasn't until the end that it "clicked" for me.  You expect a dark movie from the Coens, but this is really dark, despite lots of comedy along the way.
I made it half way through and felt like I wast "getting it".  I was mildly entertained by a couple of stories but all in all ....meh.  I probably will finish it based on this post and hope the ending loops back around so I can understand what they are trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread