What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

It was fun. I can see where it didn't catch with many audiences but it's perfectly fine for what it is.
Deniro playing gay was genuinely painful to watch, but the rest was fun. I liked the ever growing Greek chorus of ghosts, but kind of wished the trio witches we're funnier in their villainy. Told a big story with a simple theme well and in a big-budgetway that fit the medium and story.

new movie on Netflix "Polar".  Complete over the top violence, sex, killing, torture.  A 12 year old is going to love it.  me, not so much.  I have watched worse.  2.1/5.

russian doll needs 3.5 eps, there's a twist, stick with it...
Yeah I've seen two more episodes since that post so I know what you're talking about. I still wouldn't call it great but it is very good and an interesting concept even if it does borrow from Groundhog's day.

I like Natasha Lyons (?) generally and I think she's doing a good job in the role but I wish she didn't go over the top with the old time NY Jewish accent and speech patterns - it doesn't fit the character imo.

Watched a few more episodes last night. It's still funny but a bit one-note, imo. I'm delighted by the episode with Martin Starr for sure. I'll finish the season before deciding whether to keep going with the series.
I agree it starts out one-note, but I think it hits its stride and finds a fuller voice... at least evolving into a three note punk chord... before the end of S1 

was martin starr the geek/drug mastermind? I vaguely remember Wolf starting to hit his stride around there... his character continues into something fantastic through S2 that's well worth the watch. S2 gets more ridiculous (in good ways) and insane (in good ways) as the characters and plot are given a little more room to breath.

I agree it starts out one-note, but I think it hits its stride and finds a fuller voice... at least evolving into a three note punk chord... before the end of S1 

was martin starr the geek/drug mastermind? I vaguely remember Wolf starting to hit his stride around there... his character continues into something fantastic through S2 that's well worth the watch. S2 gets more ridiculous (in good ways) and insane (in good ways) as the characters and plot are given a little more room to breath.
Yes, he was. I loved his character on Party Down.

I'll stick with the show based on your reco here and hope it holds up.

Is Russian Doll a limited series, because it seemed like the storyline was all tied up after the last episode?

I think it got much better as it went along - but if this wasn't the end of he story I don't see where they can go from here.

I hit wall with Ep. 8 of Mindhunters.  We will finish off the season just because we are only 2 episodes away, but depending on how the rest go, I am not sure how much I am looking forward to S2.  Like somebody else said, it will be on a very short leash for me.  

Is Russian Doll a limited series, because it seemed like the storyline was all tied up after the last episode?

I think it got much better as it went along - but if this wasn't the end of he story I don't see where they can go from here.
I read it was pitched as 3 seasons, with the buzz it’s been getting hard to believe it won’t be renewed, but yeah, seemed like a wrap after s1...

Late to the party but just started watching "Grace and Frankie ". Hilarious. And Jane Fonda is smokin hot for an 80 year old.

Did Ryan Gosling ever react to the chair? :lmao:

Hopefully the rollout of 5G will keep that in check
Someone else responded to my comment with something similar.  Can you help a non tech guy like me understand why the 5G would contribute to costs staying down?  I would think the infrastructure needing to be built to support it would make it more expensive, but I really don't understand the ecenomic nuances of increased internet speeds.

Someone else responded to my comment with something similar.  Can you help a non tech guy like me understand why the 5G would contribute to costs staying down?  I would think the infrastructure needing to be built to support it would make it more expensive, but I really don't understand the ecenomic nuances of increased internet speeds.
Probably initially,  but probably decreasing over time

the ATT plan is about $70/mo for 15 GB, which is probably not far off of broadband costs...

I usually prefer drama/intrigue series and not really into comedies anymore. 

I know it's not Netflix, but after hearing recs for Maisel on Prime, I figured I'd give it a go. Watched the first episode and really didn't like it. Not my thing. But then I watched one more. I'm now almost done with season 2 and it's one of my favorite shows ever. The first episode was way too much quick dialog/in your face intro but man does it do a great job after that. Rachel Brosnahan is amazing as is her father in the show.

For those that have Prime and haven't watched, can't recommend enough giving this show a go and give it 3 episodes before deciding to bail.

I hit wall with Ep. 8 of Mindhunters.  We will finish off the season just because we are only 2 episodes away, but depending on how the rest go, I am not sure how much I am looking forward to S2.  Like somebody else said, it will be on a very short leash for me.  
Was that the Richard Speck episode?  I wasn't crazy about the last 2 episodes of S1, but i'm still looking forward to S2.

I read it was pitched as 3 seasons, with the buzz it’s been getting hard to believe it won’t be renewed, but yeah, seemed like a wrap after s1...
I can't see how they get 1 more season out of Russian Dolls, let alone 2.

It is, essentially, a 90-minute movie, with a few extra scenes, and then cut up into eight 30-minute segments.

I liked the show, liked the concept - and I even liked most of the characters.  But, I did not really care about any of the characters - so their back stories were good backdrop, but not compelling.  In other words, if there are 2 more seasons with the same concept, but different characters trying to connect - I probably would not watch - you already know how it works.

saintfool said:
S2 of "Brockmire" and we binged on like 4 episodes out of the gate. Funniest show in recent memory for me.
Loved season 1.. Season 2 had many :yawn: episodes .. Here's to hoping Season 3 brings more :suds:

I never really thought much about Trailer Park boys. I had seen a few episodes here and there. I started from the beginning a couple weeks ago and fell in love. I haven’t watched much else except for Planet Earth II or One Strange Rock when the kids are around. Yesterday my 3yo walked in when Ricky yelled the Fword and she shouted it right back at him. So funny!

Sinn Fein said:
I can't see how they get 1 more season out of Russian Dolls, let alone 2.

It is, essentially, a 90-minute movie, with a few extra scenes, and then cut up into eight 30-minute segments.

I liked the show, liked the concept - and I even liked most of the characters.  But, I did not really care about any of the characters - so their back stories were good backdrop, but not compelling.  In other words, if there are 2 more seasons with the same concept, but different characters trying to connect - I probably would not watch - you already know how it works.
we just started watching last night- got through two. 

wife- "so it's about a woman who doesn't pay attention to where she's going?"

pretty much.

I'm interested for the ride, but a little annoyed at too many oops stairs moments. enjoying the characters so far- especially the party hosts. 

also- they apparently shot this entirely in my neighborhood. I'm ready to kill somebody for that huge apartment where the party takes place, but doubt that's actually in my hood.

we just started watching last night- got through two. 

wife- "so it's about a woman who doesn't pay attention to where she's going?"

pretty much.

I'm interested for the ride, but a little annoyed at too many oops stairs moments. enjoying the characters so far- especially the party hosts. 

also- they apparently shot this entirely in my neighborhood. I'm ready to kill somebody for that huge apartment where the party takes place, but doubt that's actually in my hood.
Get through the next 2 episodes - "oops" moments go away as things start to make sense - at least as much you can make sense out of constantly dying.

Was that the Richard Speck episode?  I wasn't crazy about the last 2 episodes of S1, but i'm still looking forward to S2.
Foot tickler episode.  

E10 brought me around a little.  Wife and I will check out S2, but I think she is more into it than I am. 

Next up we were looking at Maniac and Alias Grace. 

Just got done with Umbrella Academy.  Loved it.  Has kind of an X-Men plot with Watchmen feel to it.  Characters I've never heard of before they aren't fighting pre-concieved mythology.  

Finished 10 episodes I 2 days, my wife did it in one.

Just got done with Umbrella Academy.  Loved it.  Has kind of an X-Men plot with Watchmen feel to it.  Characters I've never heard of before they aren't fighting pre-concieved mythology.  

Appropriate for 10 and 12 year old? Need a binge with school closed tomorrow. 

Still chugging away on S1 The Expanse, on Amazon prime. Really enjoying it on all fronts- considering I love good sci fi, can't believe I missed it originally.

Still chugging away on S1 The Expanse, on Amazon prime. Really enjoying it on all fronts- considering I love good sci fi, can't believe I missed it originally.
I've heard good things as well.  I will add it to the queue now that I know where to find it and you seem to be digging it. 

Been wanting to watch it--does it start as slow as many in here say? 
Tbh, I think I originally watched the first episode and pulled the plug. Some things didn't quite work for me in that one.. and I guess it takes a bit to set up all the moving parts. but so far it all works and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I agree - really good.  Right up there is Stranger Things for Netflix Series quality.

Users who are viewing this thread