What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (18 Viewers)

Finished Hanna on Amazon.

Not exactly sure that we needed a longer, more drawn out version of the movie.  It wasn’t bad...but I’m not sure they did anything different with the material in 8 hours than they did in 2 originally. 

Finished Hanna on Amazon.

Not exactly sure that we needed a longer, more drawn out version of the movie.  It wasn’t bad...but I’m not sure they did anything different with the material in 8 hours than they did in 2 originally. 
:confused:      it goes off movie script 3 or 4 eps into it and never looks back.

Binged Black Summer this weekend and really enjoyed it. I hope there is a other season.
I dig the action, but it's got way too much of the thing I hate most about most zombie shows.  It's people that refuse to understand that the rules change during a zombie apacalypse.  You can't just blindly trust people or try to save people that don't want to be saved (or that don't care enough about their own survival to fight back).

If a character acts like an idiot I don't sympathize with them.  Characters can be smart and still be put in dramatic situations.  It's harder to write that, but it can be done.

The whole thing at the school was a chain of one stupid thing after another.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE CLOSE THE DOORS BEHIND YOU

,,, If a character acts like an idiot I don't sympathize with them.  Characters can be smart and still be put in dramatic situations.  It's harder to write that, but it can be done.
I've often wondered if it is lazy/poor writers with Netflix or are they being pushed to churn out content too fast? I used to think the former but it doesn't seem to be getting better with about 90% of their offerings.

I've often wondered if it is lazy/poor writers with Netflix or are they being pushed to churn out content too fast? I used to think the former but it doesn't seem to be getting better with about 90% of their offerings.
never thought i'd say this after being tempered, tampered & tortured by them my entire writing career, but the suits at Netflix don't appear to be exercising enough editorial control. it is a function of their business model, which is the equivalent of the broadcast/cable ethos of programming to stop your clicker rather than fulfill your interest. offering "more" over "good" to keep membership expanding puts it on a Ponzi track (similar to the early 70s music biz where the bass player or keyboardist for great bands would get solo record deals until there were no more great bands) and, once again, the consumer is already being pushed to buy multiple streaming options if they want the best television available, which will likely happen until the next delivery platform revolutionizes the cycle again

i liked the oa because it was totally different than anything i have ever watched and it challenged me to keep going and then bam i ended up liking it and now i know the entire dance and can probably transport to other dimensions so bam score one for the old swcer take that to the bank brohans 

Worth a watch Ritual and Silence

but wondering why for silence they just don't leave the wood chipper on problem solved.

Here's a fun little game: tell me the last dramatic series you watched where someone didn't vomit on screen? I'll hang up and listen for the answers. 

Worth a watch Ritual and Silence

but wondering why for silence they just don't leave the wood chipper on problem solved.
my lady and i said the same thing about silence we were like oh ok the secret weapon is wood chippers fire them up i dont get why they stopped it take that to the bank bromigo

Binged Black Summer this weekend and really enjoyed it. I hope there is a other season.
That was filmed in my city, Calgary Alberta.  Told the wife in the beginning that the neighbourhood looked a lot like the burbs where I grew up.  Turns out it was them!

Watched the first season of Bosch on prime. Meh. Some silly writing cliches with the peripheral characters and some of the plot. Feels like it's trying to go the Wire with some of the political stuff, but doesn't have the writers in place to make it work. It's not bad, but it feels like it could/should be better.

I don't think I have the interest to watch any more unless somebody says it gets significantly better.

this thread feels like running Tanner shtick with people just making up names of shows and actors

i, too, have seen The Fiddler's Conundrum and found it compelling and a joy to watch. Vivian Le Compte has never been better and i really loved Cyril Mekpongo as the supporting protagonist.
Thanks!  Adding to my queue!!

this thread feels like running Tanner shtick with people just making up names of shows and actors

i, too, have seen The Fiddler's Conundrum and found it compelling and a joy to watch. Vivian Le Compte has never been better and i really loved Cyril Mekpongo as the supporting protagonist.
saw it.  barely a D-.  

unsubscribe. 

Inside the Mossad - interviews with high level Mossad operatives and administrators who talk a bit about some of the things they have done over the years, and why.

only 6 episodes, each about 45 - 60 minutes. interesting to hear first hand accounts of some of their..... interventions

Family movie night over the weekend. My boy is starting little league baseball this season and we watched the Linklater remake of "Bad News Bears". Billy Bob just reprises his whole "Bad Santa" shtick but with baseball! This all felt unnecessary and pointless. They didn't do anything to freshen it up aside from more swearing on screen. Director and cast felt like they were sleepwalking through the entire film. They check a few of the boxes as a way to acknowledge the original classic with Matthau but this was little more than check cashing for everyone.

Family movie night over the weekend. My boy is starting little league baseball this season and we watched the Linklater remake of "Bad News Bears". Billy Bob just reprises his whole "Bad Santa" shtick but with baseball! This all felt unnecessary and pointless. They didn't do anything to freshen it up aside from more swearing on screen. Director and cast felt like they were sleepwalking through the entire film. They check a few of the boxes as a way to acknowledge the original classic with Matthau but this was little more than check cashing for everyone.
How in the hell could they not cast Jackie Earle Haley in the Buttermaker role?

(or do some inspired casting and have Tatum O'Neal in that role)

I completely missed that this was a thing. ugh. 

El Floppo said:
Watched the first season of Bosch on prime. Meh. Some silly writing cliches with the peripheral characters and some of the plot. Feels like it's trying to go the Wire with some of the political stuff, but doesn't have the writers in place to make it work. It's not bad, but it feels like it could/should be better.

I don't think I have the interest to watch any more unless somebody says it gets significantly better.
My wife thought the same thing. Just average at best.

Edit to include myself. We both thought the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Posting Judge said:
"I Think You Should Leave" is just the Eric Andre Show with an actual budget and white people.
I didn't watch the Eric Andre Show, but I may have to check it out now because I'm loving I Think You Should Leave.  Part of it is that I'm still bummed about Detroiters getting cancelled and happy to see Tim Robinson back on my TV, but it's a great watch for when you're too tired/stoned to deal with shows that have plots and consequences.

Just finishing up watching Chuck again (on AP).  Guilty pleasure I guess, but man I love that show.  They just can't objectify hot women like that any more... 

Considering suspending or cancelling Netflix. 

Losing the Marvel stuff was a blow, and now they are canceling too many shows.  They are canceling quality niche content in favor of crap mass appeal content.  I can get crap content for free from    other sources.  If they don't understand their own value proposition then #### them.

Who in here would recommend Gotham?  We aren't big comic book movie people - but I got to Gotham from the Barry thread, and we have become big NoHo Hank fans, who plays a bad guy in the series.  

never thought i'd say this after being tempered, tampered & tortured by them my entire writing career, but the suits at Netflix don't appear to be exercising enough editorial control. it is a function of their business model, which is the equivalent of the broadcast/cable ethos of programming to stop your clicker rather than fulfill your interest. offering "more" over "good" to keep membership expanding puts it on a Ponzi track (similar to the early 70s music biz where the bass player or keyboardist for great bands would get solo record deals until there were no more great bands) and, once again, the consumer is already being pushed to buy multiple streaming options if they want the best television available, which will likely happen until the next delivery platform revolutionizes the cycle again
Not to pump your tires or embarrass you, but you have the best prose on any forum I have ever been on.  Just home run after home run.  Big fan. 

Considering suspending or cancelling Netflix. 

Losing the Marvel stuff was a blow, and now they are canceling too many shows.  They are canceling quality niche content in favor of crap mass appeal content.  I can get crap content for free from    other sources.  If they don't understand their own value proposition then #### them.
I'm starting to feel the same way.  The NETFLIX original stuff is losing it's appeal. It's just to far in between for quality content.  They keep raising the price and it has me ready to bail.

DirectTV now is a good option at about $25 a month.  Comes with DVR these days.  I'm using it way more than NETFLIX.

RC94 said:
If you like "Chef's Table" on Netflix, check out "Street Food"
What got me is how very touching it is. The Japanese chef saying his customers are his children and his wish is to die cooking. This is very good. 

Users who are viewing this thread