What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

watched Iron Fists and Kung Fu Kicks on Netflix - good watch for anyone that is interested in Kung fu films

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 3 episodes into Shot in the Dark. Not bad personal insight documentary series about the LA freelance news business as portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler.

McDonald's monopoly cheating documentary on HBO pretty good one episode in. 
This is a really fascinating story, read an extensive article on it a few years ago. Most people have no idea about it because the news broke something like a few days before 9/11 and it was obviously buried in the headlines and then forgotten.

joffer said:
started Succession.  Is this supposed to be a parody of something or satire or are they being serious?
I've tried to start it 3 or 4 times due to critic slobbering, but it isn't working for me.

Buckna said:
This is a really fascinating story, read an extensive article on it a few years ago. Most people have no idea about it because the news broke something like a few days before 9/11 and it was obviously buried in the headlines and then forgotten.
read this same (probably) article and concur. it's fascinating.

mr fancypants said:
I'm 3 episodes into Shot in the Dark. Not bad personal insight documentary series about the LA freelance news business as portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler.
I liked this a lot if you're into reality TV. The premise of the show is interesting, but the characters really make it. Nice little "cliff-hanger" at the end of the season too!

Wife and I are really looking forward to Locke and Key, releasing February 7th.

Trailer
Hulu ordered a pilot for this a couple years ago, but eventually passed.  Netflix - "We'll do it."  

If they do it right, they'll have at least 4 or 5 seasons of quality material. Hopefully, they keep it adult level and don't try to smooth the rough edges for a younger, family audience.

Succession is the best show out there, IMO.  But I don't watch anything with monsters or ghosts or make-believe so I need shows that are actual dramas which limits my net.

Don't F*** with Cats was crazy.  What a wierd, wild world we live in.
From my limited viewing, there were more monsters in succession than most shows. Not a fan as any kind of interesting or relevant human drama. 

it's horrible people endlessly screwing each other over.  i'll finish season 1 but i can't see going further.
I like it enough to watch, but I don’t understand what those who say it’s the best thing on TV see in it. To each their own. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Billions at least shifted the rooting interest, even if it didn’t last.  It’s almost like in Succession they want everyone to give up and go play in traffic.

El Floppo said:
-fish- said:
Watched most of "October Faction" last night.  Have a few episodes left.   It's an interesting premise, presented in a mediocre way.   Should have been 6-8 episodes for the first season.  Lots of filler.
We've been watching it. Like SyFy and the CW met on a blind date. But we're still watching, so not all bad
Did you keep going with it?

We finished last night...it somehow got worse as it progresses. Some of the acting is terrible and  most of the writing is awful...although it could be editing. Things are happening and said that just don't work- from how they're resolving scenes to how and what characters are saying to eachother...stuff just doesn't make sense. It's weird, because there's definitely a budget in place, but from the writing and acting it feels extremely cheap. This is one that can be avoided.

Succession is the best show out there, IMO.  But I don't watch anything with monsters or ghosts or make-believe so I need shows that are actual dramas which limits my net.

Did we just become best friends? I just can't get into anything with dragons, ewoks, superpowers, etc.

You could root for all of them to fail... 
I definitely do. Except for Greg, I think everybody is cheering for Greg.

I'm also rooting for a Karolina sex scene. I'd settle for at least some more screen time.

Delhi Crime- crime drama based on the infamous gang rape case in India. Mercifully, the 7 episodes focus on the police chase than the events on the bus. Season 2 will focus on another case.

Who Killed Little Gregory- documentary about a 4-year old French boy who goes missing and is found dead in a nearby river in 1984. A tad too long (which Netflix documentary isn't?) and they sort of spoil things at the start of episode one. 

The Stranger- British thriller miniseries based on the Harlan Coban novel of the same name. Not dreadful by any means but feels like a Gone Girl knock-off.

Uncut Gems- the best Sandler film.  I know that isn't saying much but really liked him in this. The story isn't anything new but liked everything about this movie.

Die Ontwaking- this is the  blurb for movie: An inexperienced murder detective joins a desperate search for a deranged serial killer who possesses a deep obsession with young women's skin. Takes place in South Africa and has a Psycho meets Silence of the Lambs vibe. Worth a watch if this is your thing.

The Two Popes- Anthony Hopkins and Johnathan Pryce star in this one. As expected , great performances from the two leads. Dragged a bit in spots but I liked it more than I thought I would.

Starting Chang's "Breakfast Lunch & Dinner" as his follow up to "Ugly Delicious". It's a bit like Bourdain's no reservations, I guess, in that there is travel and food but it's just not nearly as good. Chang is capable of insights - "Ugly Delicious" was full of them - but he's not doing anything interesting. Seth Rogen taking him around Vancouver and into the food scene should have been a damn layup. Instead, it's a bore.

Starting Chang's "Breakfast Lunch & Dinner" as his follow up to "Ugly Delicious". It's a bit like Bourdain's no reservations, I guess, in that there is travel and food but it's just not nearly as good. Chang is capable of insights - "Ugly Delicious" was full of them - but he's not doing anything interesting. Seth Rogen taking him around Vancouver and into the food scene should have been a damn layup. Instead, it's a bore.
Chang is interesting but his bias towards Asian food gets so old after a while.  

My favorite current travel/food show is Somebody feed Phil.  Patiently waiting for the new season.  

Users who are viewing this thread

• Kuz