What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (4 Viewers)

I watched the first three episodes of Picard (new Star Trek).  It's rough seeing Picard so old but he pulls it off.  So far so good.  

I'm bias though, I grew up watching Star Trek with my dad so it will always be cool to me.  Not sure how it plays to a casual audience. 

Curious if anyone else is watching - sucks that I had to subscribe to CBS to get it (yes, another :censored:  streaming service).
Really want to check it out but haven’t been able to bring myself to add yet another subscription.  Like you I grew up watching Star Trek with my dad (original and new gen) so the pull is strong.  

Glad to hear it’s good, you probably pushed me over the decision making edge. Thanks Ron.  Where can I send the subscription bill?  

If you like adult animation check out Love, Death & Robots on Netflix

A collection of animated short stories that span various genres including science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy

watched a couple episodes (there are 18) and the animation quality is top notch

Same. Just finished season 4 today. Not in a hurry to start season 5. How many seasons are there?
I struggled getting thru s5. It started out fine then I found I had little interest in putting on episodes. I finished it, and will start season 6 when it comes out but it has a short leash. 

Same. Just finished season 4 today. Not in a hurry to start season 5. How many seasons are there?
I struggled getting thru s5. It started out fine then I found I had little interest in putting on episodes. I finished it, and will start season 6 when it comes out but it has a short leash. 
I found this last season goofily and embarrassingly overwrought. Way too many slo-mo scenes of all of them walking down some dramatically lit alley with sunglasses or some #### and scowling. Like bad music videos.

But I'll watch Tom Hardy read a phonebook, so at least there was that.

Is Locke and Key ok for a 10 year old?
In the first episode (all we've watched so far) was some pg13 teen hooking up at a party (no nudity, but explicit intent)...may have been drinking and drugs too. Some swearing. Ok imo for our 12yo, not our 8yo. Not sure where that leaves you.

I watched the first three episodes of Picard (new Star Trek).  It's rough seeing Picard so old but he pulls it off.  So far so good.  

I'm bias though, I grew up watching Star Trek with my dad so it will always be cool to me.  Not sure how it plays to a casual audience. 

Curious if anyone else is watching - sucks that I had to subscribe to CBS to get it (yes, another :censored:  streaming service).
I'm at about the same spot, hes tough to handle but the rest is as entertaining as any trek

Vikings final season mid season finale - fantastic show. Really going to miss this one. 

Briairpatch first episode was intriguing, it tries a little too hard in some spots, but, good enough to keep us watching. 

Outsider, cant remember if this one was mentioned up thread., but, good enough that we will see it through.  

Cant wait for Fargo 4 Westworld 3 and BCS 4. 

Will end up watching TWD and TWD World Beyond. 

Making through the final Bojacks. Watched the penultimate episode last night — outstanding, and up there with the best of the series.

May watch the last one tonight (maybe after re-watching the penultimate again).

Just finished Dark on Netflix. Pretty interesting if you can get past the English dub over from the original German, it took a few episodes for me.

Sci-Fi/mystery in a German town that takes place over different time periods revolving around time travel, it also had a Stranger Things vibe to it during the first season.

Just finished Dark on Netflix. Pretty interesting if you can get past the English dub over from the original German, it took a few episodes for me.

Sci-Fi/mystery in a German town that takes place over different time periods revolving around time travel, it also had a Stranger Things vibe to it during the first season.
season 1 or both seasons?

STBootleg said:

I changed it to the original German with subtitles instead.

I recommend not viewing Season 2 while drinking or impaired in any other way.  The only shot I had of keeping up was stone cold sober and consulting show notes on the net.  It was hard to follow.
Yep, there is a lot to keep track of. I was lost quite a few times trying to remember what was what.

Binged the rest of Locke & Key yesterday, wife and I really enjoyed it. Final episode seemed anti-climactic at first but it had a great ending that sets up a season 2 well. Show is definitely less horror than Stranger Things and more mystery with fantasy elements for a younger crowd. Looking forward to future seasons, they really only scratched the surface on a lot of what they introduced.
I liked it and my youngest is watching it as well. It was a bit darker than I expected (subway). Not scary, scary but definitely kept you on edge a bit. I saw the ending from miles away once she was screaming. Didn’t know who at the time but knew who it wasn’t. Still well done although wasn’t sure why that was the goal. I’ll definitely watch the next one. 

Yeah...the dubbing was cringingly distracting.

Eta...good show though.
I actually didn’t mind the dubbing. I’m not a huge subtitle fan, seems to distract me trying to read and watch.

I recommend not viewing Season 2 while drinking or impaired in any other way.  The only shot I had of keeping up was stone cold sober and consulting show notes on the net.  It was hard to follow.
I was sober, but honestly didn’t have any trouble following it. They made it pretty obvious when they were. Definitely surprises with who was who grown up and the relation to others. I loved the parts where people who knew what was going to happen were able to manipulate people to do things they were opposed to but didn’t realize they ended up causing them. Ending was a bit funky but no doubt I’ll continue.

I actually didn’t mind the dubbing. I’m not a huge subtitle fan, seems to distract me trying to read and watch.

I was sober, but honestly didn’t have any trouble following it. They made it pretty obvious when they were. Definitely surprises with who was who grown up and the relation to others. I loved the parts where people who knew what was going to happen were able to manipulate people to do things they were opposed to but didn’t realize they ended up causing them. Ending was a bit funky but no doubt I’ll continue.
I may need to rethink my answer in the "How Smart Are You" thread.  :D  

My biggest trouble was keeping straight which adult was which grown child, and which child was which grown up, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may need to rethink my answer in the "How Smart Are You" thread.  :D  

My biggest trouble was keeping straight which adult was which grown child, and which child was which grown up, etc.
Lol. There were definitely some side characters from the 50s or earlier but they were mainly just that. I’m sure I’d get them mixed up as well but the star folks (travelers) are the ones you just needed to follow closely. I just liked that they weren’t trying to fool you. I thought they did a great job of time travel and even explaining things a bit. 

STBootleg said:

Great show

just wrapped Broadchurch season 1

was OK. not earth shattering but worth a watch. 

bugs me how many of the characters were pederasts. or how many were reasonably suspected of such.  and that resolution comes right out of the blue with some pretty thin rationale. :shrug:

Narcos Mexico season 2 is incredible.  Simply amazing all the way around.  I couldnt stop watching it last night.  Cannot wait to finish it this weekend.  Everything in this show is top notch.

The election stuff went over my head but I am a dummy

Finished Narcos:M2

Holy crap this is a good show.  They seamlessly set it up for S3 and the carnage that comes with the competing cartels.   I have a feeling next season is going to get nuts with the violence and show how El Chapo rises and how ruthless he is. 

Late to Outlander.  Just finished the first season.  That was the darkest I've ever seen any tv show go.  

Show has been way better then I expected.  

Am I nuts for thinking season 10 could of had a guest appearance for Jennifer Lawrence? Larry runs into her, it’s well known she has a crush on her, brings JLAW to Cabo and JLAW has her drunken personality on display at the wedding as a way to poke fun at herself.

Am I nuts for thinking season 10 could of had a guest appearance for Jennifer Lawrence? Larry runs into her, it’s well known she has a crush on her, brings JLAW to Cabo and JLAW has her drunken personality on display at the wedding as a way to poke fun at herself.
I assume you're talking about Star trek. Or maybe the walking dead. Arrested development?

Fwiw, the article about the OA popped back up on my news feed.

"The OA season 3: release date and plot explained"

Neither is true. Total click bait bs. Apologies again for wasting OA fans time originally bringing it up.

Here's tthe linkhe link if you feel like wasting even more of your time

Users who are viewing this thread