What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (8 Viewers)

I like Better Call Saul more than Breaking Bad.  :shrug:   The only problem I'm having with it is the long periods between seasons, since I'm old and I forget.  I did a power-watch of BB after the series had ended, so that was easier.
I agree. This is me and every tv show now that takes 2 years for a new season. I saw the westworld season 3 trailer the other day and don’t even remember who half the people are. Sucks. It truly is better to wait for them to wrap up and just binge them. 

I like Better Call Saul more than Breaking Bad.  :shrug:   The only problem I'm having with it is the long periods between seasons, since I'm old and I forget.  I did a power-watch of BB after the series had ended, so that was easier.
Right there with you.  Luckily my wife has a steel trap when it comes to stuff that doesn't matter so she is able to remind me of plot points that I've forgotten as we get back into it.

My usual move is to read recaps of the last few episodes to get my bearings before a new season starts. 10 minutes and I’m reasonably ready and then once the season starts that usually fills in the gaps. 

Watched first episode of Hunters last night. I thought it was amazing. Can't wait to binge this one. Great acting with occasional action that almost seems comical. You'll never play chess or darts again without a flashback.

The charm of Better Call Saul is that it is entirely ungreat. They may once have had tighter ambitions for it, but the writers fell in love with the brother & the gf and luxuriated in developing story arcs for them until they lost track of the timeline and why they were there. The writers' perfectly lovely, tho ridiculous, response to the misalignment was to make the show about time, the way Seth McFarlane made Family Guy about jokes - slowing them down til they were just extensions, seeing how far he could take them, even asking the audience how far they thought he could go.  Jimmy's suspension, the building of superlab, Kim's broken arm were all games played with time after they finally had to let go of the ultimate one - how long Chuck's influence/interference would keep Jimmy from becoming Saul. Yes, we are all living out the sentences of our lives, i'm in on the joke & can't wait for the penultimate Season of Saul to begin.

Chaos Commish said:
I backed up to s3e8 to get my footing for s4 of Saul. Getting old sucks.

RUSF18 said:
My usual move is to read recaps of the last few episodes to get my bearings before a new season starts. 10 minutes and I’m reasonably ready and then once the season starts that usually fills in the gaps. 
Yesterday I read the plot synopses on Wikipedia for every episode.  Think it helped a lot!

I thought Peaky just got better and better with every season.

Agree  Alfie  / Tom Hardy = incredibly good character.

I read it might be late 2020 or early 2021 when S6 comes out. :sad:
Was kinda annoying that S5 ended with such a cliffhanger after binging through the series.

And, yeah, Alfie is great.

Did you keep going with it?

We finished last night...it somehow got worse as it progresses. Some of the acting is terrible and  most of the writing is awful...although it could be editing. Things are happening and said that just don't work- from how they're resolving scenes to how and what characters are saying to eachother...stuff just doesn't make sense. It's weird, because there's definitely a budget in place, but from the writing and acting it feels extremely cheap. This is one that can be avoided.
Started fairly strong but yeah, disappointing in the end. 

I finished it last night, I do like most of the characters. But the writing was weak. It seemed like a lot of filler followed up by a rush to end it. 

I get that I'm a 40 something white guy, but these writers seemed more interested in going for a "most woke" award than actual substance. 

Joe Mammy said:
Watched first episode of Hunters last night. I thought it was amazing. Can't wait to binge this one. Great acting with occasional action that almost seems comical. You'll never play chess or darts again without a flashback.
I think this is next up. Or I'll continue with Locke and key.

krista4 said:
Interesting.. As I said I like BCS but, unlike BB which we've watched in it's entirety twice now, I can't see myself ever rewatching BCS. :shrug:

Anyone have a link to a summary of last season of better call Saul?  Totally forgot what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Witcher news:

The Witcher season 2 cast has expanded again. Following initial claims that Kristofer Hivju could appear in the Netflix series, Redanian Intelligence now reports that the Game of Thrones actor – who played Tormund Giantsbane in the HBO shows – is a confirmed member of the season 2 cast.

The report says that Hivju will portray Nivellen, who appeared in Andrzej Sapkowski's short story “A Grain of Truth”. The alleged confirmation comes via a cast sheet and describes the character – codenamed “Nigel” by the production team – as a "charismatic, witty, and funny man" from an aristocratic family. 
Will the big woman be there?

It's been mentioned but Narcos Mexico Season 2 is pretty awesome so far (3 episodes in.) It keeps me on the elliptical the entire hour. This show seems to get better and better with each subsequent episode/season.

It's been mentioned but Narcos Mexico Season 2 is pretty awesome so far (3 episodes in.) It keeps me on the elliptical the entire hour. This show seems to get better and better with each subsequent episode/season.
Do I need to watch Narcos first, or is N:M stand-alone enough?  

But I thought they referenced Pablo Escobar in the present tense at one point in this season of Narcos Mexico? Again, I guess I'm confused.
I'm too lazy, but a minimal amount of research can figure this out.  Narcos Mexico gives actual dates in the timeline.  The original Narcos has actual events that occur that a simple google search would provide an exact date.  :shrug:

the first season of Narcos was Colombia

Mexican cartels came up after the Colombians fell off
But I thought they referenced Pablo Escobar in the present tense at one point in this season of Narcos Mexico? Again, I guess I'm confused.
Narcos original was about the rise of Pablo Escobar with some Cali Cartel mixed in as it went along.  

Narcos Mexico crosses timelines and is after Pablos rise but before his fall which was in ‘93 I believe.  

I can't get over how incompetent Felix Gallardo is portrayed

I can't get over how incompetent Felix Gallardo is portrayed
Iirc from only having watched S1- I felt he was poorly cast, unless the indecisive/wobbly type was what they were after (I don't know anything about the guy- so maybe he was perfectly cast and really was like that)

We've been watching the first CBS subscription Star Trek while on vacation in Mexico on Netflix...don't think it's available in the US. Quite good stand alone for ST fans. Good acting, action, effects, writing.

All seasons of Narcos are great. 1st season still my favorite. 

If you watch Prime video. Hunters is interesting. Some good actors. Definitely a drama with some legit cultural commentary, but a couple episodes include some silliness that seemed out of place for me. I would recommend it. 

just started ozark last night....pretty good...i like bateman....although him as a criminal took some getting used to

i talked to a buddy of mine about narcos.....subtitles? 

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
just started ozark last night....pretty good...i like bateman....although him as a criminal took some getting used to

i talked to a buddy of mine about narcos.....subtitles? 
Unless you know Spanish than yeah.  But I dont think you can turn those off

i am watching hunters and it is not at all what i thought it was a gonna be bromigos sort of strange but i like it heck im an easy mark becuase i like most anything but i say give it a go just suspend disbelief for a while and have some fun with it take that to the bank 

Users who are viewing this thread