Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
KCC

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

was that the one on FXX?  set in old England and involved sort of black magic (for lack of a better term).

yep ...don't tell me you didn't like that one either mother####er :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Anyone have a link to a summary of last season of better call Saul?  Totally forgot what happened.

I found the Wikipedia episode-by-episode synopses to be detailed enough to get me back up to speed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

did like that one. wondered what the hell happened to it, though.

has anyone watched Tell Me Who I Am? yet?

i want to, but man does that look like a heart wrenching & depressing doc

Pushed the wife through the first couple of episodes of Fleabag. I liked it from the start but it took her until the 3rd and 4th episodes to get into it. All in now. Really good show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:
11 hours ago, mr. furley said:

was that the one on FXX?  set in old England and involved sort of black magic (for lack of a better term).

Who doesn't like Tom Hardy pimp walking over and over again through grimy streets in a long coat and top hat set to a gangster lean.

[Raising hand]

On 2/18/2020 at 12:25 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

The Witcher news:

The Witcher season 2 cast has expanded again. Following initial claims that Kristofer Hivju could appear in the Netflix series, Redanian Intelligence now reports that the Game of Thrones actor – who played Tormund Giantsbane in the HBO shows – is a confirmed member of the season 2 cast.

The report says that Hivju will portray Nivellen, who appeared in Andrzej Sapkowski's short story “A Grain of Truth”. The alleged confirmation comes via a cast sheet and describes the character – codenamed “Nigel” by the production team – as a "charismatic, witty, and funny man" from an aristocratic family. 

Will the big woman be there?

• Like 1

It's been mentioned but Narcos Mexico Season 2 is pretty awesome so far (3 episodes in.) It keeps me on the elliptical the entire hour. This show seems to get better and better with each subsequent episode/season.

5 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

It's been mentioned but Narcos Mexico Season 2 is pretty awesome so far (3 episodes in.) It keeps me on the elliptical the entire hour. This show seems to get better and better with each subsequent episode/season.

Yep, loved it. 

15 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Do I need to watch Narcos first, or is N:M stand-alone enough?  

1 hour ago, wlwiles said:

Narcos Mexico is actually a prequel to Narcos

ETA: At least I was thinking it was. Maybe I've confused myself???

Edited by BeTheMatch

1 hour ago, wlwiles said:

It’s standalone enough.

5 hours ago, BeTheMatch said:

Narcos Mexico is actually a prequel to Narcos

ETA: At least I was thinking it was. Maybe I've confused myself???

the first season of Narcos was Colombia

Mexican cartels came up after the Colombians fell off

30 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

But I thought they referenced Pablo Escobar in the present tense at one point in this season of Narcos Mexico? Again, I guess I'm confused.

35 minutes ago, BeTheMatch said:

But I thought they referenced Pablo Escobar in the present tense at one point in this season of Narcos Mexico? Again, I guess I'm confused.

I'm too lazy, but a minimal amount of research can figure this out.  Narcos Mexico gives actual dates in the timeline.  The original Narcos has actual events that occur that a simple google search would provide an exact date.  :shrug:

19 minutes ago, Chaos Commish said:

Should I skip Narcos and just do Mexico?

No! Definitely don't skip Narcos the first two seasons were awesome!

2 hours ago, Chaos Commish said:

Should I skip Narcos and just do Mexico?

No, they’re all good. I’m just amazed that they were able to move past the original Escobar story and do it so well.

10 hours ago, TripItUp said:
11 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Yep, loved it. 

Absolutely outstanding season.  Really looking forward to S3 if they do it. 

3 hours ago, BeTheMatch said:
4 hours ago, mr. furley said:

Narcos original was about the rise of Pablo Escobar with some Cali Cartel mixed in as it went along.  

Narcos Mexico crosses timelines and is after Pablos rise but before his fall which was in ‘93 I believe.  

• Like 2

Agree with the others.   All the narcos are amazing

Edited by need2know
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, McBokonon said:

I can't get over how incompetent Felix Gallardo is portrayed

8 hours ago, need2know said:

Agree with the others.   All the narcos are amazing

This.

Don't skip the first Narcos.

And watch in order- they are sequential in terms of timeline.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I can't get over how incompetent Felix Gallardo is portrayed

Iirc from only having watched S1- I felt he was poorly cast, unless the indecisive/wobbly type was what they were after (I don't know anything about the guy- so maybe he was perfectly cast and really was like that)

We've been watching the first CBS subscription Star Trek while on vacation in Mexico on Netflix...don't think it's available in the US. Quite good stand alone for ST fans. Good acting, action, effects, writing.

All seasons of Narcos are great. 1st season still my favorite. 

If you watch Prime video. Hunters is interesting. Some good actors. Definitely a drama with some legit cultural commentary, but a couple episodes include some silliness that seemed out of place for me. I would recommend it. 

just started ozark last night....pretty good...i like bateman....although him as a criminal took some getting used to

i talked to a buddy of mine about narcos.....subtitles? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

just started ozark last night....pretty good...i like bateman....although him as a criminal took some getting used to

i talked to a buddy of mine about narcos.....subtitles? 

Unless you know Spanish than yeah.  But I dont think you can turn those off

i am watching hunters and it is not at all what i thought it was a gonna be bromigos sort of strange but i like it heck im an easy mark becuase i like most anything but i say give it a go just suspend disbelief for a while and have some fun with it take that to the bank 

41 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

oh its in spanish? ok

Some English, some Spanish. Maybe 60-40 Spanish give or take?

On 2/22/2020 at 12:24 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

@boilerdave if you guys love Alfie/Tom Hardy ...check out Taboo.  Only one season and like Peaky ...it's best with subtitles.  

I’m watching Broadchurch now...with subtitles. I’ll check out Taboo next. 

• Like 2

my lady and i really liked broadchurch and we also liked shetland bromigos take that to the bank 

also liked secret city and glitch from the thunder from down under take that to the bank brocrikeys 

12 minutes ago, boilerdave said:

I’m watching Broadchurch now...with subtitles. I’ll check out Taboo next. 

if you need subtitles for Broadchurch, you're going to need the enhanced subtitle package for Taboo.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

43 minutes ago, SWC said:

my lady and i really liked broadchurch and we also liked shetland bromigos take that to the bank 

Did you try Happy Valley?  Right up that same alley.

• Like 2

for whatever reason i could not get in to happy valley right away i should give it another go take that to the cheerio bank bromigos 

4 hours ago, brun said:

All seasons of Narcos are great. 1st season still my favorite. 

If you watch Prime video. Hunters is interesting. Some good actors. Definitely a drama with some legit cultural commentary, but a couple episodes include some silliness that seemed out of place for me. I would recommend it. 

Can't stand the young kid in The Hunters. Hate him. And he's the main storyline. So that's a problem.

Edited by BeTheMatch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SWC said:

Yeah, Shetland's pretty good. Lots of atmosphere, and Tosh is oddly attractive.

• Thanks 1

Started watching Hannibal on Prime last week.  Really enjoying it so far.  It takes some leaps with the logic for sure (Graham can somehow look at a crime scene and know impossible things) but I'm loving Mads Mikkelsen in the Lecter role.  Oh and Dr. Bloom 😍

• Like 2

hinterland is pretty darn good as well basically i like bbc take that to the bank bromigos

• Like 1

Watched "Living with myself" over the weekend. Enjoyed it. I am a big Paul Rudd fan, he was twice as good as he usually is.

Edited by dhockster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BeTheMatch said:

Can't stand the young kid in The Hunters. Hate him. And he's the main storyline. So that's a problem.

He does get a little less annoying as the series moves along. A diverse team. Someone for everyone to like.

Other than Roxy, i think they all look thinner on the chessboard. 

Edited by brun

3 hours ago, wlwiles said:

Started watching Hannibal on Prime last week.  Really enjoying it so far.  It takes some leaps with the logic for sure (Graham can somehow look at a crime scene and know impossible things) but I'm loving Mads Mikkelsen in the Lecter role.  Oh and Dr. Bloom 😍

One of the best broadcast network shows of the last 20 years. Loved it. So good. You're in for a treat as you work through season 1, this show does things I've never seen other shows even try.

• Like 3

On 2/23/2020 at 8:14 AM, JoeSteeler said:
On 2/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, PinkydaPimp said:

Anyone have a link to a summary of last season of better call Saul?  Totally forgot what happened.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63-70fUSyfY

:goodposting:

I also appreciated this one for some more explanatory detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBY8_J_1FcY

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wlwiles said:

I still cant believe that show was on network TV.  Pretty damn gory.  

7 hours ago, SWC said:

for whatever reason i could not get in to happy valley right away i should give it another go take that to the cheerio bank bromigos 

It took me a couple of episodes to acclimate to it. I'm glad I did as Sarah Lancashire really nails a complicated role.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 11:08 PM, Rustoleum said:

I found Ragnarok enjoyable enough, some bad dubbing aside. Main character’s face looks just like a He-Man action figure, too, but I zipped through the whole season in a day.

I liked it, hoping for a season 2.