What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

Tiger King - It’s pretty much insane. Like a mishmash of Joe Dirt, Blackfish, Making a Murderer, We Bought a Zoo, and The Jerry Springer show. 

Started this last night...the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.   Perhaps I'm sheltered but I've had very little exposure to this part of America so it's quite fascinating.

Good grief the FFA watches a lot of crappy TV.  Cant believe some of the titles being thrown around here the last week or so.  

On a completely unrelated note, I fired up a slow rewatch of Beverly Hills 90210 the other night while bored.  
Beverly Hillbillies >>>>>>>>>>>> Beverly Hills 90210

Started this last night...the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.   Perhaps I'm sheltered but I've had very little exposure to this part of America so it's quite fascinating.
Yeah, I work in a position where I have seen a lot of crazy #### to the extent that I'm pretty numb to criminal behavior, human spitefulness and awfulness, and just plain weirdness. 

Tiger King kept my attention throughout. 

Im sure it's been said here several times but for those that dont know, Ozark season 3 is back this Friday 3/27

Last edited by a moderator:
Im all in on Tiger King on Netflix. A few others have said it drags, I disagree (Im 3 episodes in right now). This is some of the craziest shiz Ive ever seen.
It is insane. At some points it didn’t seem that it could be a true story it was so wild. What a bunch of lunatics.
It’s almost too much lunacy honestly. There is not a likable person in the show and just when you think you’ve reached maximum crazy a new even more disturbing person gets introduced.  

I was half joking about the 90210 rewatch.  I did watch a couple episodes, but it ended up just annoying me.   Maybe I don't watch old shows on these streaming services, or maybe 90210 is like Buffy in that it doesn't have an HD option, but man in just looked like dog ####. (I mean besides the 90s hair and fashion).   I get that they are trying to cram as much content as they can on these sites to make them feel like a better deal, but is there an option to only show the HD options.   

I have run across this a bit on Prime too - get excited that a movie is available, but it's just some grainy looking SD nonsense.  

Started "Tiger King" last night. Good weirdos that we'll likely finish.

"Britanny Runs a Marathon" on AP. Small minor comedy about a woman that decides training and running the NYC marathon can help her bring her life into focus. It's not bad but it doesn't really reach for much. C+ grade from me.

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez- Six part documentary about the abuse, torture and ultimate death of a small child and the entire system that failed to protect him.  Obviously, by the subject matter not for everyone and not an easy watch regardless. 7/10.

The English Game- Six-part historical drama about the early evolution of football/soccer. Ahh sports, remember those. Nothing revolutionary here but is developed by Downton Abbey creator so you know what to expect. 7/10.

Gentefied- Comedy/drama series about a Mexican-American family and their taco shop. I liked the characters and story-lines, and the mix of comedy/drama. Expect a season 2.  8/10.

Queen Sono- Female South African spy takes on various enemies. Lots of action and the lead (Pearl Thusi) is smoking hot. A bit uneven but still 7/10.

The Valhalla Murders- Iceland noir...series about two detectives hunting a serial killer. The location, and good performances make this worth a watch. 7/10.

The Innocent Man- Two murders occur in small town, Ada Oklahoma.  Book about the town/murders by John Grisham and here you have a 6-part docuseries. Enjoy a deep dive into small town justice. 8/10.

ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band from Texas- documentary about ZZ Top that focuses on the early years of the band up until Eliminator. Whether you are a die-hard fan or not, there is enough stuff here to keep you amused/entertained. 8/10.

Lost Girls- A mother looking for her missing daughter, prompts police to the unsolved cases of murdered sex workers on Long Island, New York. Liked this one a lot.  If you want a deep dive, read the book of the same name by Robert Kolker. 8/10.

Halfway through Counterpart on Prime (originally a Starz show?).  Parallel worlds/doppelgänger sci-fi twist on an espionage theme with J.K Simmons. Interspersed with naked murderous lesbian scenes about every 4th episode.

Halfway through Counterpart on Prime (originally a Starz show?).  Parallel worlds/doppelgänger sci-fi twist on an espionage theme with J.K Simmons. Interspersed with naked murderous lesbian scenes about every 4th episode.
I really liked s1. We started the recent season and I kept falling asleep...I think more out of needing to sleep than the show 

Cool thanks for posting this

I remember when this show premiered it looked interesting but didn’t have starz. Had no idea it was on prime.

I see Money Heist Season 4 is out April 3.

Trailer

I didn't even know there was  new season coming.  May have slipped last season but I'm still on board

Tom Segura has a new comedy special on 3/24 that could be good (on Netflix).
Ugh. This is pretty bad. Quite surprising.  Maybe Netflix offered him a ton of dough and he just didn't have the time to get the material together. 

<_<

Big fan of the show as well. It's a show that is an example of village life in Britain that borders on idyllic. Gentle, low stakes comedy that is a tonic in these stressful days.
Yes. Although I would say that it's far more intelligent and witty than your average feel good fare. 

My favorite ever movie is Papillon with Steve Mcqueen and Dustin Hoffman. Since the remake was free on Amazon Prime with Charles Hunnam and Rami Malek I decided to give it ago.

What a pile or crap, Hunnam still talks like he's in Sons of Anarchy yet it's supposed to be mid century French Guyana. Horrible. 1.5/5

Users who are viewing this thread