What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (18 Viewers)

You're in for a real treat.  The dinner scene in the episode "Tern Haven" is one of the best shot, most intense scenes I've ever seen.  
We just watched the 3rd episode, where they go on a hunting retreat. The dinner scene was great in that one. It was filmed at Oheka Castle on Long Island.

Dead to me season 2 has lost me after 2 episodes. Perfect example of show that doesn’t even happen if anyone, ANYONE at all tells the truth. And twins?  GTFO. 
Just started watching it.  Loved the pilot.  A few days later loaded up episode 2 not realizing I selected Season 2.  Was lost the entire episode.  Definite fail on my part. Anyways, enjoying the first season thus far even with the spoilers.  Great chemistry between two of my childhood crushes.  

Been watching Workin Moms with the wife.  It’s definitely geared towards women but it’s entertaining enough.  The lead is Ivan Reitmans daughter and would be a great candidate for the now defunct oddly attractive thread

:no ban:

So I watch pretty much any crappy comedy...I'll usually find a chuckle or two. Trust me I like comedies that no one else likes...wrong Missy would be in that category...it was not good...some few gags were decent but on a whole not a good movie.   If you are fan of meh movies, it's right up your alley

If you're feeling a little Low-T and want to see a bullets and punches movie "The Night Comes for Us" might be what you're looking for.  It takes a little while to fully get going, but when it does...

Also kind of liked "Wheelman" about a getaway driver having a real bad night.

The Chris Pine outbreak movie "Carriers".  It starts off strong, but it really drags itself to the finish line.  Not a lot of new ground here, as our plucky group of pandemic survivors on a road trip face every moral dilemma you've seen in other outbreak movies.  Lots of recognizable B+ listers (Piper Perabo, Chris Merloni) doing what they do.

Dead to Me 2 - Enjoyed.  yes the twins thing was poor, but Applegate and Cardellini are fantstic.  Both be crazy as hell and I'm loving it.  

Upload - Enjopyed this one too.  All the characters worked for me, and the interaction between the living and the VR was great.
Yeah, it's not a perfect show, but solid. And yeah, at the end of the day,  Applegate and Cardellini are just great to watch together.

Just wrapped up watching Zerozerozero due to the recommendations of other FBG's It would be a travesty If they don't win any awards for the cinematography of the series. Some simply stunning landscape filming. The series which intertwined 3 sub stories into 1 was also very well done. Highly Recommended!

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprise of the day was the 13 year old saying he's into S2 of The Office (Office Olympics)  and thinks it's pretty funny so far.   :shock:

Surprise of the day was the 13 year old saying he's into S2 of The Office (Office Olympics)  and thinks it's pretty funny so far.   :shock:
My kids are on their second viewing of the series. They are somewhere in season 6.

Ages 14, 11, 8
My 12yo loves the show. Binged the whole series last year and still watches it.

He's watching Community now.

We wrapped up Letters from the King. Not tip top, but he enjoyed it. Started a little slow, but had a good couple episodes towards the end and IMO fizzled out in the finale.

Christ, Billions is completely preposterous. Just finished season 1 and I guess I’ll go on? But wtf. Who is writing this. The ending scene to season 1 was one of the most hacky things I’ve ever seen. Giamatti and Lewis must have been mortified. 

My 12yo loves the show. Binged the whole series last year and still watches it.

He's watching Community now.

We wrapped up Letters from the King. Not tip top, but he enjoyed it. Started a little slow, but had a good couple episodes towards the end and IMO fizzled out in the finale.
My boys have watched Community twice. They didn’t get into Parks and Rec. I want to introduce them to Cheers since they liked Taxi and Who’s the Boss.
My wife thinks Cheers is inappropriate. I tried to explain that it was a prime time comedy in the 80s so it is as racy as a Ford Pinto but she won’t listen.

Christ, Billions is completely preposterous. Just finished season 1 and I guess I’ll go on? But wtf. Who is writing this. The ending scene to season 1 was one of the most hacky things I’ve ever seen. Giamatti and Lewis must have been mortified. 
Its like they took some 20-something writers from a bad romcom and asked them to do a serious show about white collar crime. I didn't make it to the 3rd episode. 

My kids are on their second viewing of the series. They are somewhere in season 6.

Ages 14, 11, 8
Rookies.

I cannot count how many times my boys have watched it (18 & 16).  The 16 year old cannot go an entire meal without slipping in an Office quote relating to something someone just said.  We got on him for a while about how annoying it was, but he just upped his schtick.  After his quote, he now gives the season and episode name of the quote.

I don't know why I'm still watching. It's basically Scooby Doo for guys who like to jerk off to how much money other people have.

I don't know why I'm still watching. It's basically Scooby Doo for guys who like to jerk off to how much money other people have.
When I started to watch I thought it was a prestige tv show you know like in the category of breaking bad, mad men etc. Could not have been more wrong. 

When I started to watch I thought it was a prestige tv show you know like in the category of breaking bad, mad men etc. Could not have been more wrong. 
I enjoyed the first season; working in hedge funds for 20 years, it's fun to watch a show about the big boys.  And I like Paul Giamatti - the scene of him lecturing the man for not picking up his dog poop was great (for me).  And I like the kinky sex stuff.  I stayed with it because I enjoyed the characters - Wags is great.  I REALLY like Mrs. Axelrod. :wub:

Season 3 and 4 were pretty awful, but I'm loyal.  I can't stand the Taylor character.  Feel like they were forcing they on us.  But yeah, Truck nailed it in his description. :lmao:

:lmao:

dammit. :lmao:   that's ####### perfect.

those guys are my clients (when I'm working)- and I don't even want to watch if it hadn't been written badly. but I couldn't make it past a couple episodes.

I enjoyed the first season; working in hedge funds for 20 years, it's fun to watch a show about the big boys.  And I like Paul Giamatti - the scene of him lecturing the man for not picking up his dog poop was great (for me).  And I like the kinky sex stuff.  I stayed with it because I enjoyed the characters - Wags is great.  I REALLY like Mrs. Axelrod. :wub:

Season 3 and 4 were pretty awful, but I'm loyal.  I can't stand the Taylor character.  Feel like they were forcing they on us.  But yeah, Truck nailed it in his description. :lmao:
It’s definitely entertaining and the women are A+. For sure keeps my attention. I guess it’s like a better soap opera. I was hoping for more though for sure. The trading stuff is good. 

It’s definitely entertaining and the women are A+. For sure keeps my attention. I guess it’s like a better soap opera. I was hoping for more though for sure. The trading stuff is good. 
its definitely better when you realize its Kinkade not Picasso.  First two seasons were solid.  Next two were just goofy.

Has anyone watched Money Heist on Netflix?  I am towards the end of season 1 right now and so far it is keeping my attention.  I like the slight non linearity of the series and also getting a peak at how TV is made in other countries (this show is a production from Spain).

Started Upload last night.  First two episodes were good enough.   I like the premise, and for a bunch of no-name actors, I think they have some good chemistry.  Wife liked it too.

Started Giri/Haji over the weekend as well.  I was super shocked to see Kelly Macdonald in this and I have always had a huge crush on her.  Not sure how good this one will be, and I'll be flying solo on this one so will take longer to finish.

Finished Devs last week.  I liked it well enough, but my wife who is usually the sci-fi/nerd fan didn't like it a bit.  

And finally got around to watching "The Master" over the weekend.  Been on my list pretty much forever.  I liked it a lot better than I thought I would to be honest.  

Has anyone watched Money Heist on Netflix?  I am towards the end of season 1 right now and so far it is keeping my attention.  I like the slight non linearity of the series and also getting a peak at how TV is made in other countries (this show is a production from Spain).
I keep threatening to watch this but still haven't

Paramount TV replayed the first two seasons of Yellowstone over Mothers day weekend so my DVR picked them..

I'm 4 episodes into re-watching season 1 and forgot just how dam good of a show it is..
There have been a few moments that "re" :shock:  "ed me as I forgot how some parts went down.

Really looking forward to Season 3 that starts Fathers day!

Paramount TV replayed the first two seasons of Yellowstone over Mothers day weekend so my DVR picked them..

I'm 4 episodes into re-watching season 1 and forgot just how dam good of a show it is..
There have been a few moments that "re" :shock:  "ed me as I forgot how some parts went down.

that's only on Paramount right now isn't it :sadbanana:

that's only on Paramount right now isn't it :sadbanana:
It is on Prime, but I think only if you purchase it.. Glad my DVR picked it up.. Time to go and save it so it never gets deleted. :)  

Code 8 was pretty good sci-fi/heist entertainment. 

Back to the Future was a very nice blast from the past 2 nights ago.

So I went back to Back to the Future II last nite.

Tonite I'll probably go back to back to back Back to the Future III.

I can't stand the Taylor character.  Feel like they were forcing they on us.
Gonna disagree with you here, I actually think centering the show (or *a* show) around a gender-nonconforming super-genius who enters the world of finance is pretty interesting. At least you can then have some progression/evolution/movement in the show. Axe vs Rhoades has just been 4.25 seasons of Tom and Jerry.

The wild thing about Billions is that all of the leads are all good actors.

I probably hate this show more than you do Westworld.  So much potential yet so much suck.  Great cast, piss poor writing.  I gave up early in S2.  It's a shame because the story of an infamous hedge fund like SAC and the life Steven Cohen could be a fascinating watch.  

northern exposure said:
I never saw the movie, but I love the TV show. Season 1 was great and S2 is even better imo.
Every scene Is just perfect and  has me rolling...and the movie is just as good if not better

the whole arc of The Baron, from his clothes, to eating the pizza, to the Vampiric Council was just as good as it gets for comedy. Can’t wait to get into season 2.

A couple eps in, The Hunters feels way too much a Tarantino ripoff and hasn't really found its feet yet. Not bad, and certainly interesting, but not there yet.
Try Hunted instead. It only ran 1 season, was perfectly set up for a second but nobody picked it up. The 1 season is good on its own --- government and private spies all doing spy ####, plenty of suspense, Melissa George and Morven Christie looking great with or without attire.  Not great but I enjoyed it.

NewlyRetired said:
It was interesting. Lost that interest after the first season. 

Wrapping up season 3 of Atypical. I saw the first season a couple years ago and just kind of lost touch, but I think it gets even better in Seasons 2 and 3. Kids are often terrible in TV shows, but Sam and Casey are fantastic. Their relationship is really endearing.

Users who are viewing this thread