What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

I know I am a little late to this but watching ZeroZeroZero on Prime, so far really good (through 3 episodes).  Tells the story of a Cocaine shipment from all sides (producers, distribution, buyers) and all the intrigue in between.  Be ready to read some subtitles.

supermike80 said:
Might be a repost but.

What we do in the shadows.  It's an FX series but on HULU as well.  2 seasons.  Some very funny scenes...The whole darn thing is just funny
Can’t be said enough

I know I am a little late to this but watching ZeroZeroZero on Prime, so far really good (through 3 episodes).  Tells the story of a Cocaine shipment from all sides (producers, distribution, buyers) and all the intrigue in between.  Be ready to read some subtitles.
What % is subtitled? GF doesn’t really care for them.

Floor is Lava is very bad but it's still a fun mindless distraction.

I do like how they have the contestants go under the "lava" never to be seen again.

Well, unless they win.

2nd season came out last Thursday, haven’t finished new season yet but pretty good so far 4 eps in.

Love that they worked into the story the hot blonde telling the main guy she hated his bleach blonde hair in season 2 🤣 The actor was filming a movie around the same time where he had to bleach his hair for the part and it’s terribly jarring and looks awful. They also worked into the story early on a good reason why the character dyed his hair as well to explain it away.
Have 2 episodes left of season 2, yeah was funny how they made fun of his hair...also liked the 90210 cameos....not sure if there is going to be season 3 (haven't seen how this ends yet), but think I have had enough of it....although I'm starting to have a thing for the Grand Magas...they definitely sexed her up in S2

I watched the first episode of Dark.   I really liked it, but at the same time it seems like one that would take more concentration to get through than I have when I would be watching at night.  I was listening to a podcast this am about the first episode and the show, and they were talking about needing notes,  character maps, and watching it 2x already.   

Original live cast performance of Hamilton is streaming on Disney+, starting I think today. Not sure for how long.

I need to slow down on Alone (which I've been watching alone after the wife goes to sleep). Staying up waaaay too late watching this. Started w/ s6, jumped back to start from s1 and am now most of the way through S2 while also following along w the current season. 

If you plan to take any mind altering substances this weekend, give An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn on Netflix a try.  So weird but awesome at the same time. :lmao:   

Has Aubrey Plaza :wub: , Craig Robinson, a couple guys from What We Do in the Shadows, and some other great characters. 

I watched the first episode of Dark.   I really liked it, but at the same time it seems like one that would take more concentration to get through than I have when I would be watching at night.  I was listening to a podcast this am about the first episode and the show, and they were talking about needing notes,  character maps, and watching it 2x already.   
It’s not that bad. I had no problem following along. It can help to make sure you have the characters aligned but you don’t need notes. If you miss something I’m sure their are recaps but again, it’s not that hard to follow. It’s not like they try to explain quantum mechanics and you can’t understand what happens without a physics degree.

It’s a great show and unlike some in here I liked watching the dubbed version. Made it easier to watch everything without pausing to read and maybe missing something. Dubbed might help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Started Warrior Nun on Netflix. Haven't seen enough to say it's good, but ep1 was interesting enough to want to try ep2.

Definitely not for casual viewing. Loved it and wish there were more shows like it.

Started Warrior Nun on Netflix. Haven't seen enough to say it's good, but ep1 was interesting enough to want to try ep2.
Got halfway through 1st season last night, enjoyed it quite a bit despite the terrible name. The idea is pretty unique and executed well, ninja skilled, ### kicking nuns fighting demons. Another in a long list of supernatural themed genre shows from Netflix, hoping it gets renewed as they have killed some of these this year that we liked like October Faction.

The main character/actress has an uncanny resemblance to a young Ellen Page.

Got halfway through 1st season last night, enjoyed it quite a bit despite the terrible name. The idea is pretty unique and executed well, ninja skilled, ### kicking nuns fighting demons. Another in a long list of supernatural themed genre shows from Netflix, hoping it gets renewed as they have killed some of these this year that we liked like October Faction.

Finished Warrior Nun yesterday, some confusing bits in the late-middle but worth it for the payoff in a great final episode. Some really well choreographed fighting in the final scene too, some of the earlier episodes fight scenes ranged from obviously scripted/planned moves to well done and they really put it together in the final episode. Would definitely want to see a season 2 on this one.

I’m on episode 6, enjoying it. She’s got a resemblance but she’s definitely better looking. 

I’m sure it’s buried in here somewhere but don’t feel like looking....

The Americans.  Looking for something to binge, it’s it worth it?   Great show or just OK?  TIA.   
First couple of seasons are great, then it drops a little, but still remains at very good level. 

Definitely recommend.

stbugs said:
I’m on episode 6, enjoying it. She’s got a resemblance but she’s definitely better looking. 

Alba Baptista  :wub:

Finished Warrior Nun yesterday, some confusing bits in the late-middle but worth it for the payoff in a great final episode. Some really well choreographed fighting in the final scene too, some of the earlier episodes fight scenes ranged from obviously scripted/planned moves to well done and they really put it together in the final episode. Would definitely want to see a season 2 on this one.
Her hotness level when up about 2 levels the last 2 episodes. Overall I liked it. Has a Buffy the Vampire Slayer vibe. Do like that she has a ways to go to become a badass, instead of being one right from the get go based off where she started from. Mary kicking her off the cliff was a great.

Her hotness level when up about 2 levels the last 2 episodes. Overall I liked it. Has a Buffy the Vampire Slayer vibe. Do like that she has a ways to go to become a badass, instead of being one right from the get go based off where she started from. Mary kicking her off the cliff was a great.
I enjoyed it and that was a great scene. It was entertaining. Not going to win an award but campy fun. Looking forward to the next season. Netflix and Amazon have a captive audience for any of these shows that are already in the can. A show like this probably barely gets a mention last year but since there’s almost nothing new people will give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread