Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
KCC

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

Recommended Posts

I know I am a little late to this but watching ZeroZeroZero on Prime, so far really good (through 3 episodes).  Tells the story of a Cocaine shipment from all sides (producers, distribution, buyers) and all the intrigue in between.  Be ready to read some subtitles.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Might be a repost but.

What we do in the shadows.  It's an FX series but on HULU as well.  2 seasons.  Some very funny scenes...The whole darn thing is just funny

Can’t be said enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, schlesinj said:

I know I am a little late to this but watching ZeroZeroZero on Prime, so far really good (through 3 episodes).  Tells the story of a Cocaine shipment from all sides (producers, distribution, buyers) and all the intrigue in between.  Be ready to read some subtitles.

What % is subtitled? GF doesn’t really care for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

What % is subtitled? GF doesn’t really care for them.

Main stories involve Mexican cartel, Italian mafia and US broker. Most of the first two are subtitled.

But it's worth it, imo, so get a new girlfriend.

  • Like 4
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Main stories involve Mexican cartel, Italian mafia and US broker. Most of the first two are subtitled.

But it's worth it, imo, so get a new girlfriend.

It's a possibility. Or i could just watch it by myself.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Michael Che standup special on Netflix.

Hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Floor is Lava is very bad but it's still a fun mindless distraction.

I do like how they have the contestants go under the "lava" never to be seen again.

Well, unless they win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 1:52 PM, Buckna said:

2nd season came out last Thursday, haven’t finished new season yet but pretty good so far 4 eps in.

Love that they worked into the story the hot blonde telling the main guy she hated his bleach blonde hair in season 2 🤣 The actor was filming a movie around the same time where he had to bleach his hair for the part and it’s terribly jarring and looks awful. They also worked into the story early on a good reason why the character dyed his hair as well to explain it away.

Have 2 episodes left of season 2, yeah was funny how they made fun of his hair...also liked the 90210 cameos....not sure if there is going to be season 3 (haven't seen how this ends yet), but think I have had enough of it....although I'm starting to have a thing for the Grand Magas...they definitely sexed her up in S2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Into the Night on Netflix is....interesting.  It’s subtitled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2020 at 2:43 PM, Rattle and Hum said:

If not mentioned, Lenox Hill on NFLX was amazing, engrossing television. Only gets better as the season goes on. Must be OK with surgical procedures.

Two episodes in and it is definitely engrossing TV.  The surgeries they show are amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joffer said:

Into the Night on Netflix is....interesting.  It’s subtitled.

And blissfully quick. Iirc, 6x 30min episodes. So stupid, but somehow works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bcat01 said:
On 6/27/2020 at 2:43 PM, Rattle and Hum said:

If not mentioned, Lenox Hill on NFLX was amazing, engrossing television. Only gets better as the season goes on. Must be OK with surgical procedures.

Two episodes in and it is definitely engrossing TV.  The surgeries they show are amazing. 

Is this documentary/reality tv or fiction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

And blissfully quick. Iirc, 6x 30min episodes. So stupid, but somehow works.

agree 100%.  Plot holes.  Scientific whoopsies, but I had to finish it.  cool premise too.

Edited by joffer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the first episode of Dark.   I really liked it, but at the same time it seems like one that would take more concentration to get through than I have when I would be watching at night.  I was listening to a podcast this am about the first episode and the show, and they were talking about needing notes,  character maps, and watching it 2x already.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Is this documentary/reality tv or fiction?

Reality, I agree really good.  

Edited by schlesinj
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, schlesinj said:

Reality, I agree really good.  

Thanks. The wife loves this kind of show, and we're looking for something to watch together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Original live cast performance of Hamilton is streaming on Disney+, starting I think today. Not sure for how long.

 

I need to slow down on Alone (which I've been watching alone after the wife goes to sleep). Staying up waaaay too late watching this. Started w/ s6, jumped back to start from s1 and am now most of the way through S2 while also following along w the current season. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Thanks. The wife loves this kind of show, and we're looking for something to watch together.

You are, huh? :kicksrock:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you plan to take any mind altering substances this weekend, give An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn on Netflix a try.  So weird but awesome at the same time. :lmao:  

Has Aubrey Plaza :wub:, Craig Robinson, a couple guys from What We Do in the Shadows, and some other great characters. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

I Am Not Your Negro comes to Netflix July 3rd. Essential viewing. 

On Prime too. Some discussion of it recently in the FBG Movie Club thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

You are, huh? :kicksrock:

Already ran it up the flagpole, GB. No dice for her. I'll take a break on Alone once I finish s2 and dive in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I watched the first episode of Dark.   I really liked it, but at the same time it seems like one that would take more concentration to get through than I have when I would be watching at night.  I was listening to a podcast this am about the first episode and the show, and they were talking about needing notes,  character maps, and watching it 2x already.   

It’s not that bad. I had no problem following along. It can help to make sure you have the characters aligned but you don’t need notes. If you miss something I’m sure their are recaps but again, it’s not that hard to follow. It’s not like they try to explain quantum mechanics and you can’t understand what happens without a physics degree.

It’s a great show and unlike some in here I liked watching the dubbed version. Made it easier to watch everything without pausing to read and maybe missing something. Dubbed might help. 

Edited by stbugs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanna season 2 just dropped. It's on Amazon for those that haven't seen it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Hanna season 2 just dropped. It's on Amazon for those that haven't seen it.

Great!

I love the movie and was fair to middling with S1 of the show, which lost all of the fairy tale elements and fantastic visuals that elevated the movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Is this documentary/reality tv or fiction?

Documentary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The floor is lava is absolutely terrible but my kid likes it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started Warrior Nun on Netflix. Haven't seen enough to say it's good, but ep1 was interesting enough to want to try ep2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, cap'n grunge said:

Finished all 80 episodes of 1st and Ten. Now working on Silicon Valley. In the middle of season 2.

11 episodes left of Silicon Valley. Love it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

11 episodes left of Silicon Valley. Love it.

This guy *****.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton. Bunch of theater kids teaching revisionist history. Recommend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Blackout on Amazon prime.  Surprisingly decent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking in to say Hamilton may be the most entertaining thing I have seen in my lifetime.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 12:09 AM, KarmaPolice said:

I watched the first episode of Dark.   I really liked it, but at the same time it seems like one that would take more concentration to get through than I have when I would be watching at night.  I was listening to a podcast this am about the first episode and the show, and they were talking about needing notes,  character maps, and watching it 2x already.   

Definitely not for casual viewing. Loved it and wish there were more shows like it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, brun said:

Started Warrior Nun on Netflix. Haven't seen enough to say it's good, but ep1 was interesting enough to want to try ep2.

Got halfway through 1st season last night, enjoyed it quite a bit despite the terrible name. The idea is pretty unique and executed well, ninja skilled, ### kicking nuns fighting demons. Another in a long list of supernatural themed genre shows from Netflix, hoping it gets renewed as they have killed some of these this year that we liked like October Faction.

The main character/actress has an uncanny resemblance to a young Ellen Page.

Edited by Buckna
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure it’s buried in here somewhere but don’t feel like looking....

The Americans.  Looking for something to binge, it’s it worth it?   Great show or just OK?  TIA.   

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

I’m sure it’s buried in here somewhere but don’t feel like looking....

The Americans.  Looking for something to binge, it’s it worth it?   Great show or just OK?  TIA.   

The Americans is fan-#######-tastic 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I’m sure it’s buried in here somewhere but don’t feel like looking....

The Americans.  Looking for something to binge, it’s it worth it?   Great show or just OK?  TIA.   

Don't wait, start it now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I’m sure it’s buried in here somewhere but don’t feel like looking....

The Americans.  Looking for something to binge, it’s it worth it?   Great show or just OK?  TIA.   

One of our all-time favorites.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 7:40 AM, Buckna said:

Got halfway through 1st season last night, enjoyed it quite a bit despite the terrible name. The idea is pretty unique and executed well, ninja skilled, ### kicking nuns fighting demons. Another in a long list of supernatural themed genre shows from Netflix, hoping it gets renewed as they have killed some of these this year that we liked like October Faction.

The main character/actress has an uncanny resemblance to a young Ellen Page.

Finished Warrior Nun yesterday, some confusing bits in the late-middle but worth it for the payoff in a great final episode. Some really well choreographed fighting in the final scene too, some of the earlier episodes fight scenes ranged from obviously scripted/planned moves to well done and they really put it together in the final episode. Would definitely want to see a season 2 on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2020 at 5:16 PM, Cold Dead Hands said:

The Americans is fan-#######-tastic 

 

On 7/5/2020 at 5:19 PM, facook said:

Don't wait, start it now.

 

On 7/5/2020 at 5:47 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

One of our all-time favorites.  

Thank you all.  Watched the first 3 episodes last night, hooked!   

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched 8 out of 10 episodes of Penny Dreadful- City of Angels on Showtime. Really enjoying them. Even more than the original Penny Dreadful series.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

 

 

Thank you all.  Watch the first 3 episodes last night, hooked!   

I never got very far into the show, but really liked it.  Started from the beginning and that's where I am now - mid Ep. 4.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 9:40 AM, Buckna said:

Got halfway through 1st season last night, enjoyed it quite a bit despite the terrible name. The idea is pretty unique and executed well, ninja skilled, ### kicking nuns fighting demons. Another in a long list of supernatural themed genre shows from Netflix, hoping it gets renewed as they have killed some of these this year that we liked like October Faction.

The main character/actress has an uncanny resemblance to a young Ellen Page.

I’m on episode 6, enjoying it. She’s got a resemblance but she’s definitely better looking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, stbugs said:

I’m on episode 6, enjoying it. She’s got a resemblance but she’s definitely better looking. 

Alba Baptista  :wub:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 8:15 PM, dkp993 said:

I’m sure it’s buried in here somewhere but don’t feel like looking....

The Americans.  Looking for something to binge, it’s it worth it?   Great show or just OK?  TIA.   

First couple of seasons are great, then it drops a little, but still remains at very good level. 

Definitely recommend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, stbugs said:

I’m on episode 6, enjoying it. She’s got a resemblance but she’s definitely better looking. 

 

6 hours ago, mr. furley said:

Alba Baptista  :wub:

 

On 7/6/2020 at 1:10 PM, Buckna said:

Finished Warrior Nun yesterday, some confusing bits in the late-middle but worth it for the payoff in a great final episode. Some really well choreographed fighting in the final scene too, some of the earlier episodes fight scenes ranged from obviously scripted/planned moves to well done and they really put it together in the final episode. Would definitely want to see a season 2 on this one.

Her hotness level when up about 2 levels the last 2 episodes. Overall I liked it. Has a Buffy the Vampire Slayer vibe. Do like that she has a ways to go to become a badass, instead of being one right from the get go based off where she started from. Mary kicking her off the cliff was a great.

Edited by Mile High

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mile High said:

 

 

Her hotness level when up about 2 levels the last 2 episodes. Overall I liked it. Has a Buffy the Vampire Slayer vibe. Do like that she has a ways to go to become a badass, instead of being one right from the get go based off where she started from. Mary kicking her off the cliff was a great.

I enjoyed it and that was a great scene. It was entertaining. Not going to win an award but campy fun. Looking forward to the next season. Netflix and Amazon have a captive audience for any of these shows that are already in the can. A show like this probably barely gets a mention last year but since there’s almost nothing new people will give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 5:59 PM, dkp993 said:

 

 

Thank you all.  Watched the first 3 episodes last night, hooked!   

Netflix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Netflix?

Amazon Prime.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.