What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (12 Viewers)

Been watching some of the "Masters of Horror" series. Cigarette Burns is an awesome episode directed by John Carpenter.

Has anyone converted over to the Netflix app on PS3? It is so much better than using the disc. Much cleaner look, easier to search for titles etc. Much imporved over the disc.

Also, some titles released the past few days...

Gamer

Showgirls

Superman 1/2/3/4

Child's Play

War Games

Blown Away with Nicole Eggert was just added. Never seen that one, but that's about to change.

So was Irreversible. Never seen that one, and that won't change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some excellent titles added recently:

Instantwatcher.com

I remember watching The Man Who Never Was a loooonnng time ago. I wonder if it's as good as I remember - which was that it was good.

These caught my eye as watchable:

Alice in Wonderland

Annie Hall (Not a Woody Allen fan, but this might be worth a try)

Apocalypse Now Redux

Batman

Billy Elliot

Cobra

The Man Who Never Was

My Cousin Vinny

The River Wild

Just watched The Crazies. Both the 70's version and the new version. Both on Instant. New one was OK but wholly unbelievable. Was entertaining though. The original was definately dated but was also enjoyable.

Holy crap. The new, fully restored version of Metropolis looks like it's available.

I might hold out to rent the Blu Ray, but this is a good one to watch.

Started watching Monk a few weeks ago, love the show, Tony Shaloub is hilarious. Might not be everyone's cup of tea though.

Blown Away with Nicole Eggert was just added. Never seen that one, but that's about to change.So was Irreversible. Never seen that one, and that won't change.
I saw Irreversible a few years ago, can be very traumatizing. Monica Belluci is always arousing, but that one scene had me squirming.

Holy crap. The new, fully restored version of Metropolis looks like it's available. I might hold out to rent the Blu Ray, but this is a good one to watch.
I tried to watch this a while ago...couldn't finish it. No doubt it was an amazing movie 80 years ago, but it just looks silly now.

Holy crap. The new, fully restored version of Metropolis looks like it's available. I might hold out to rent the Blu Ray, but this is a good one to watch.
I tried to watch this a while ago...couldn't finish it. No doubt it was an amazing movie 80 years ago, but it just looks silly now.
I just watched the restored version this weekend. It's better than the version I watched before for sure. I really liked it.The hard part is that the silent movie style of acting is so archaic that it can be difficult to enjoy.

It seems this was brought up a few months ago in this thread but I'm going to bring it up again. Very good flick that's still available to watch instantly.

The Man From Earth

Netflix Description:

Renowned sci-fi writer Jerome Bixby penned the script for this thought-provoking film starring David Lee Smith as John Oldman, a college professor who reveals to his colleagues that he's actually a centuries-old caveman. And so begins a captivating philosophical meditation on immortality, the last work from screenwriter Bixby, who earned career accolades for his contributions to such genre-defining shows as "Star Trek" and "The Twilight Zone."

I've been watcing "Damages" and "NipTUcK" when I get up in the morning, catching an episode of each each day. I like both a lot.

I've been watcing "Damages" and "NipTUcK" when I get up in the morning, catching an episode of each each day. I like both a lot.
I thought "Damages" was a brand new show starting this year until I read this post :unsure: Guess I need to start watching on NF too

Just started Psych, didn't like it at all.

Now started Friday Night Lights, pretty good so far. But the shaky cam is getting to me. I can sit through it in a Soderberg movie, but I don't think I can take 100 episodes of this.

It seems this was brought up a few months ago in this thread but I'm going to bring it up again. Very good flick that's still available to watch instantly.

The Man From Earth

Netflix Description:

Renowned sci-fi writer Jerome Bixby penned the script for this thought-provoking film starring David Lee Smith as John Oldman, a college professor who reveals to his colleagues that he's actually a centuries-old caveman. And so begins a captivating philosophical meditation on immortality, the last work from screenwriter Bixby, who earned career accolades for his contributions to such genre-defining shows as "Star Trek" and "The Twilight Zone."
Just to balance things out, I thought this was terrible. Stupid concept. Bad script. Terrible acting.

The Man From Earth

Netflix Description:

Just to balance things out, I thought this was terrible. Stupid concept. Bad script. Terrible acting.
Acting won't win any awards but it was very interesting and kept my focus through 2 hours of people sitting in a room talking.If you're a big sci-fi fan or like to debate about religion, its really a must see.

Saw Steel Dawn today.

Mid-80's post-apocalyptic Patrick Swayze movie. I loved this flick as a kid. Not as good as I remembered but worth a look.

Watched The Blob (1987) the other night. Campy movie. Entertaining.

The Man From Earth

Netflix Description:

Acting won't win any awards but it was very interesting and kept my focus through 2 hours of people sitting in a room talking.If you're a big sci-fi fan or like to debate about religion, its really a must see.
I liked it quite a bit.

I just watched "True Confessions", an overlooked (at least by me) movie with Robert DeNiro and Robert Duvall. Geat flick. :lmao:

I thought "Dogs Decoded: Nova" was very interesting and it's now available on watch instantly.
I watched this tonight and really enjoyed it. Anyone who has or has had dogs won't be surprised by most of what research has found, but there was enough I wasn't aware of to keep it interesting. If you love dogs definitely worth watching.

The Man From Earth

Netflix Description:

I though it was okay. I agree with the bolded though. Interesting idea, poor execution.

The Man From Earth

Netflix Description:

I though it was okay. I agree with the bolded though. Interesting idea, poor execution.

The House Of the Devil

Horror flick. You will either love it or hate it. I enjoyed it very much.

The Man From Earth

Netflix Description:

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
I'll admit. That's the point I lost interest too.

We've been watching a lot of Veggie Tales and Thomas the tank engine.
No Bob the Bulider? :o
My 3 year old nephew stopped by yesterday. After seeing all the shows I had on my roku, he asked if he could stay over. Big fan of the Backyardigans? I have talked to other friends with roku players/netflix streaming, they say they have a ton of kid shows.

6 year old son has been re-re-re-re-re-rewatching seasons of Dirty Jobs. He loves Mike Rowe and has learned some great borderline language to boot. :shrug:

Wife and I watched Surrogates the other night. Sci-fi Bruce Willis flick. Never be accused of being great, but I liked it because I was able to read some very interesting parallels to those of us who have fought through addiction and must choose to live in reality at any cost rather than live in a false world to escape our pain.

Users who are viewing this thread