What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antsports FBG Mock - Let's Finish This Work Week (1 Viewer)

tombonneau

Footballguy
Tried starting an FBG mock last week, but after a few computer controls it became kind of worthless.I'd like to get a list of 12, find a mock then hopefully fill it up.I'd also like to try to get it done this work week. If you don't have a job where you can't predraft or make your picks within 1/2 hr, DON'T JOIN!I know a lot of us have cush jobs :shock: where we can basically do work & surf, that's the people I'm looking for. So let's get it on!

Cool. When did they start up private mocks? I'll set up a private mock then post the info.Also, I think we should have a stipulation that anyone who goes on CC before the 10th round has to carry a sig for the rest of the off-season in the vein of..."WARNING: Never mock draft with me. I am a flavor-of-the-hour ADD flake who will join your draft only to have his attention snared two hours later by a shiny, multi-colored pinwheel.If I took these drafts more seriously, maybe I wouldn't be the inept fantasy football player that I am now."

Cool. When did they start up private mocks? I'll set up a private mock then post the info.Also, I think we should have a stipulation that anyone who goes on CC before the 10th round has to carry a sig for the rest of the off-season in the vein of..."WARNING: Never mock draft with me. I am a flavor-of-the-hour ADD flake who will join your draft only to have his attention snared two hours later by a shiny, multi-colored pinwheel.If I took these drafts more seriously, maybe I wouldn't be the inept fantasy football player that I am now."
Or "Kick me: I'm computer contolled"

ok, here is the info to signup. When did they start this private draft stuff? It's great. I might use this for some drafts next year. It allows for trades now. Pretty sweet.

Also, the commish can make picks for people. So I think during the 9-5 work day, if someone is taking over an hour to make the pick, if we can get three people on this thread to come to a consensus pick, we make the pick. Should really expedite things.

Agreed?

----------------------------------------------

Your Private Draft: FBG 5/19/03, is ready!

Here is some info about your Private Draft :

Your Signup Page is at :

http://www.antsports.com/private_drafts/

Your Signup Password : predraft

Your Commish Password : ******

Your League ID : 2938

I'm up for IT email me with the information at bcubed2355@yahoo.com and i have about four friends that will do it also

It looks like some people might not have signed up properly??? Bc Griswold is the only one who has shown up on the signup page as having been added??You all might want to try again? Did you get an email? Still shows 3 open slots.......

We are a go. So who is everybody? I think there might be one guy in it from a KFFL pats messageboard i'm on, hopefully he won't f it up. ;)

FYI, if anyone wants to conduct any trades, discuss it on here, have both parties confirm the trade, and I have the authority to process it.

FYI, if anyone wants to conduct any trades, discuss it on here, have both parties confirm the trade, and I have the authority to process it.
I'm sitting at #2. Makes it easy at this pick-who's left between LT2 and RW.You can do trades in Antsports???? Cool. Although, I don't see the need to ever use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sitting at 11 and would love to trade up; however, I selected picking from that area bc I've yet to do a mock from that high a spot and am interested in what kind of a team I can get. I suppose its realistic I could trade, but I'd like to see what team I can get "purely" from selecting there for the first 4 or so rounds.I've got a feeling this draft could go fairly smoothy once everyone settles in and realizes the draft has started.What sort of a timeout should we have since I can make picks for people at my whim? ;)I'm thinking maybe 2 hours?? Only during 9-5 work hours of course.

not sure. at the 1hr mark, i'm willing to make the pick for him. i mean it's the #3, there are only so many ways to go.by default i'll nominate whoever FBG has ranked at that spot. and will make the pick after someone seconds & thirds......i'd just hate to see everyone lose interest and have the draft lose momentum bc of one guy.FYI, their #3 is Portis, a pick I wholly support. If he has any problems with him, he can always attempt to make a trade with someone....

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, their #3 is Portis, a pick I wholly support. If he has any problems with him, he can always attempt to make a trade with someone....
What!? Portis at #3!? No way. I cry 'FOUL'signed: guy drafting at #4 who wants to draft Portis :wub:

yeah, i thought this might happen. :rolleyes: i might have discount anyone's opinion voting within a few spots of a player.

judging by the :rolleyes: reactions to the Portis pick, I'd say it's a fair one. :P hey, he's the #1 player on my board and i'm hoping to nab him in all my drafts. if you guys just want to "officiall" support that pick, i'll make it so we can move along.it's been an hour and i don't want people losing interest.....

Actually, I don't want Portis. The guys a bum. I wouldn't touch him in the first round. He's this year's Anthony Thomas. How's that for some misdirection. Do I want him at #4...or not?

well, the antsports email i got alleges that my commish password works to make picks for people, but it's not working. :rolleyes: so alternately, we can do it NFL style, with me basically "trading" picks down until he wakes up and picks.......or as no picks have been made, i can just swap all of the draft picks from one team to another. i suppose i could pick at #3 and trade all my #11 picks. unless someone else picking high wants to do that???thoughts?

ok, well i just basically via the trade function i swapped places with him (he picks 11 spot all rounds, i pick 3). hopefully either he'll be around by the time 11 comes, or antsports will have resolved the issue of commish password not allowing me to pick for other teams.......

both could potentially been available beg. of the 2nd. and you could argue that either Owens or Harrison should have gone there, but if you want a guy you take him.wouldnt' be much fun if everyone drafted the same. :yucky:

Darn! Thought Martin was going to make it to me. Culpepper is the ONLY QB I'd take this early as his rushing TD's make up for my weak #2 (whoever/whenever that is).

Well, guys I'm going to put my team on computer control for my drive home. I predrafted my next pick. I'll check in later tonight at a home.....

Ahman may have been the better pick over Fred Taylor, but I just felt like getting him. I figure it's not too risky as long as I get Toefield in the later rounds. I also considered Stephen Davis with my second pick, but I opted for Willie Green instead. I really hope he isn't A-Train 2 and I fear that he could stink next year, but he has shown big play ability.

Ahman may have been the better pick over Fred Taylor, but I just felt like getting him. I figure it's not too risky as long as I get Toefield in the later rounds. I also considered Stephen Davis with my second pick, but I opted for Willie Green instead. I really hope he isn't A-Train 2 and I fear that he could stink next year, but he has shown big play ability.
Naw...I like the F. Taylor pick here. :yes: However, if I were inclined to judge your second selection (which I know I shouldn't), I'd say you should've taken either Moss or S. Davis. Especially with Moss, you could've had a top 3 super stud WR....but instead you took Willie Green. I know, I know...12 team league...grab the RBs while they're still available....if you really wanted W. Green, he wouldn't have been available for your next pick. I'm more surpised at Boston Massacre's selection of Favre before McNabb and Vick and Manning and Garcia and Warner :shock: I'm very happy that vick slipped to me at 3.04!

Just wait until my next pick because you'll definitely want to criticize that.
Lemme guess, you subscribe to the RB, RB, RB philosophy? Oh well, Oakland Funk will time-out in 3 hrs and 50-some minutes. i see that everyone after the Funk predrafted. As intriguing as is seems, I'm not staying up to see what happens. Let me know if you get who you want.

I was just going to post to see if you all wanted me to make the pick. At this point, he has 2RBs, WR. I would go Gannon with this pick.Do i have a 2nd & a 3rd?

Users who are viewing this thread