What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antsports FBG Mock - Let's Finish This Work Week (1 Viewer)

well, it's moot now, he made his pick. keenan mccardell.great pick whoever grabbed BAL. was hoping they were gonna last to me. i see lots of ugly games with that DEF & OFF with teams playing down to BAL putrid O.

ok, i just made headbusa's picks without consultation, but i don't think many can argue with them. grabbed him vandy, then davenport as ahman insurance.

I like how my team is shaping up. Two solid backs plus plenty of RB insurance, a top 5 WR (IMO), plus Reed who I think will be solid across from Moulds, a top 5 QB plus good QB depth. I'm pleased.

loved the onterrio pick. gonna try to get him in my drafts. i was all over him pre-hype. loved him at OU. just a really dominant runner. can't believe he was drafted so low. thought during the season he was a 1st rounder for sure.a bit bummed he's stuck in MIN. was praying my pats drafted him.

I wish there was a defense called "Whoever Plays The Texans". I would draft them in a heartbeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I'm a big Onterrio fan as well. Reading the scouting reports you kind of wonder wy he fell so low. I have a feeling his off field problems are not a thing of the past. If he can get it together he could be good. I probably would have made the safe pick and grabbed Betts here for insurance but someone else jacked him early. Still, if Washington thought Betts was a real talent they probably wouldn't have pursued Canidate.

i think you're spot on re: betts. but i'm staying clear of WAS bc it reeks of RBBC. maybe not though, we'll see. i'm just worried trung puts the ball on the ground and out comes the hook.have you seen onterrio play? the guys amazing. i recall one game in 2001 vs. colorado, he just tore them up. the last time i watched a college RB and thought he was going to just blow it up in the nfl was edge. i had the same feeling with o. smith.

count me as watching the muhammy bandwagon from the curb. on the surface he looks like great "value" bc he ostensibly is a "#1WR" taken late, but he's *always* hurt. was gonna take him over streets but then thought better.if someone can assert themselves as #1 in CAR though, you could have some value.so whats the over/under on when a cardinal WR gets drafted. :boxing:

well, it's moot now, he made his pick. keenan mccardell.great pick whoever grabbed BAL. was hoping they were gonna last to me. i see lots of ugly games with that DEF & OFF with teams playing down to BAL putrid O.
Thanks, I'm looking for Ray Ray and Co. to have a big year.

17th Round?
:rotflmao: Funny. And funny enough, the RIGHT answer! Just think about what that says. In a 12 team draft, say 4 wr per team, there are 48 other players that are more desireable than the "#1" option on your team.You know how we all have dreams about running our own NFL team? Well....not the Cardinals.

well, now with mike anderson gone, i have officially missed out on both my RB insurances exactly one spot before i planned on picking them. :hot: really ruins my draft for me. guess i'll have to reach for them in the real drafts.

well, now with mike anderson gone, i have officially missed out on both my RB insurances exactly one spot before i planned on picking them. :thumbdown: really ruins my draft for me. guess i'll have to reach for them in the real drafts.
Moe Williams and Mike Anderson were going to be my two picks. Didn't think anyone else would grab MA.

minus headbusa, this draft has gone fairly well. i think everyone has made good picks in a timely manner.we should try to keep this corp of drafters together for future mocks.

thanks, thurm. i'm really high on him. loved him in MIA, and as an SU alum i *hate* the 'canes. not sure how he is slipping through the cracks. i really see him digging into marvin's #s quite a bit. he's pure gold this low in the draft.

Just for grins, when the mock is done, Tom should start a poll with the complete rosters and ask the FBG gods who they think has the best team.

Best pick per round:

Round 1:

Impossible to say because everyone taken here should be a good value

Round 2:

2.05 Stephen Davis - Everyone thinks he'll get a lot of carries. The only real question is will his body hold up?

Round 3:

3.04 Michael Vick - Granted, he's got some risk, but he could be the top overall fantasy player next year and to get him this late was a big steal.

Round 4:

None of these picks really scream great value to me. I like Shockey though.

Round 5:

5.08 Kurt Warner - I am not at all a Warner fan and I think that he's pretty injury prone. However he was typically a first round pick last year and if he can somehow revert to his old form then he'll be a great pick here. I don't believe in drafting a QB very high, but Warner in 2000 and 2001 would have been a nice addition to any fantasy team.

Round 6:

6.01 Stacey Mack - He's on a horrible team, but he's better than James Allen and Jonathan Wells and you have to think he'll get a lot of carries. He has a legit shot at 1,000 rushing yards and you can't ask for much more in the 6th. James Stewart is kind of a similar pick, but something tells me his production will drop.

Round 7:

7.10 Quincy Morgan - Big upside in the late 7th is always nice.

Round 8:

8.10 Matt Hasselbeck - This guy is the ideal #2 QB. He showed over the stretch last year that he has huge upside. If he can deliver over the course of a full season than he'll be a top QB.

Round 9:

9.02 Ashley Lelie - While this may have been a reach, I think Lelie is a nice sleeper this year. Ed and Rod aren't getting any younger. Lelie quietly put up good yardage for a rookie last year and he won't do any worse in 2003.

Round 10:

10.07 Patrick Ramsey - Another QB with big upside. Ramsey could totally flop, but he has the weapons and system to do well. He's unproven though and thus is very risky.

Round 11:

11.07 David Terrell - This childish WR has physical talents. If he ever gets it together then Dez White and maybe even Booker won't stand in his way. This is the make or break year for DT.

Round 12:

12.03 Onterrio Smith - Gut call

Round 13:

13.02 Todd Pinkston - Wow, I can't believe I'm praising someone's pick of Todd Pinkston. Seriously though, he'll have a pretty good shot at 1,000.

Round 14:

14.10 Reggie Wayne - Now's his chance

Rounds 15 and 16 will be largely kickers and Ds so I won't say anything.

faulk will make a great spot start this year. he is gonna be worked into the offense a lot more i suspect. look for him to be v. active in the passing game.i'm off to lunch, but after will make a new post for draft review.

minus headbusa, this draft has gone fairly well. i think everyone has made good picks in a timely manner.we should try to keep this corp of drafters together for future mocks.
I am all for being in future drafts with y'all. It has been a pleasure. I am doing one other mock right now and we started before this one and I just made my 7th round pick. The mock obviously sucks, when you get three RBs in rounds 1-3, Vick in the 4th and H Ward, J Horn and T Heap with the next three picks.

I enjoyed the mock guys! My team was Malice FYI.
Thanks for reinforcing for me the belief that I should never ever draft WR/WR in the first two rounds even if they are the top two. :yucky: Thanks for the great mock.

I echo the plaudits as well. Only took 3 days. By far the quickest mock i've ever done. And everyone made pretty solid picks. Just taking a quick look, it would appear headbusa actually has a top 3 team. Haha.Running out of the office for a bit, when I get back i'll put up the official analysis post.

I am all for being in future drafts with y'all. It has been a pleasure. I am doing one other mock right now and we started before this one and I just made my 7th round pick. The mock obviously sucks, when you get three RBs in rounds 1-3, Vick in the 4th and H Ward, J Horn and T Heap with the next three picks.
I'm in another draft that started beofe this one and is still only in the 7th round. Good job to all and sorry once more for my delays in the 3rd and 4th rounds. :yucky:

minus headbusa, this draft has gone fairly well.  i think everyone has made good picks in a timely manner.we should try to keep this corp of drafters together for future mocks.
I'm in another draft that started beofe this one and is still only in the 7th round. Good job to all and sorry once more for my delays in the 3rd and 4th rounds. :yucky:
Aww. That's alright. I'm just bored here at work and could run about 30 mocks at a time right now!

Thanks for reinforcing for me the belief that I should never ever draft WR/WR in the first two rounds even if they are the top two. :yucky: Thanks for the great mock.
I wanted to see how it would turn out. It wasn't that bad. I would have trade bait with one of the top WR's if I needed to get a stud RB.I think the top drafted team was Griswold. IMO B)

For drafting second in a 12 team, I think I did about the best I could do. According to the FBG site individual position guide, I ended up with the #1 QB, #2 RB, #3 TE , #4 WR and Def, and for what it's worth the #10 kicker (Could have taken Carney with the pick who is #4. Personal choice.).I have good depth at WR. Not so much at RB, but who does? My backup QB would be a starter on most teams. Taking into account our starting roster requirements, which can't be understated by the way, I'd be glad if this were the team come early September.

Thanks for reinforcing for me the belief that I should never ever draft WR/WR in the first two rounds even if they are the top two. :rant: Thanks for the great mock.
I wanted to see how it would turn out. It wasn't that bad. I would have trade bait with one of the top WR's if I needed to get a stud RB.I think the top drafted team was Griswold. IMO B)
Thank You! :rant: I think my team is pretty good top to bottom. There were a few players that I was eyeing and went a couple spots before me. But that's the way it goes when you are drafting with knowledgeable drafters. By the way, are you a Bama fan? Grad myself.

Dogmen owner here. Sorry about the slight delay today guys. I was pretty busy today and unable to comment much. You guys are definitely a good bunch and I'd love to do another draft down the line. Maybe one that would go a little slower with the potential for more trades. Anyway, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread