What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Festivus! (1 Viewer)

The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it.

We began our Festivus celebrations in the office last week. In the spirit of the Olympics, we had a Festivus Pole relay down the aisles between the cubes, as well as the Airing of the Grievances. It was good times and the grievances continue to be aired.

Frank Costanza: "Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way."

Cosmo Kramer: "What happened to the doll?"

Frank Costanza: "It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born: a Festivus for the rest of us!"

Kramer: "That must have been some doll."

Frank Costanza: "She was.
Frank Costanza: "And at the Festivus dinner, you gather your family around, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year!"

Frank Costanza: "The tradition of Festivus begins with the Airing of Grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna hear about it. You, Kruger. My son tells me your company STINKS!"

George Costanza: "Oh, God."
:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Airing of the Grievances has begun in my neighborhood.

You can take your stockings hung by the chimney with care, and your halls decked with boughs of holly, and shove em where the sun don't shine. To me, nothing symbolizes the beginning of the holiday season more than a public message board where twentysomething hipsters complain about Republicans and suburbanites.
That's a horrible video package.There's a house in Arlington that has a festivus pole up in the front yard. And to make sure people know it's a festivus pole, and not an unused flagpole, there's a sign that says "Happy Festivus"

I wish to air a grievance.

People who aren't handicapped should not be using the handicapped button that automatically open doors, especially if the door either (1) opens to a bathroom from a public area or (2) opens to the outdoors and its cold outside. Nobody wants that door to be open for thirty seconds, you putz.

My grievance:

The Christmas letter.

Send me a card. I don't need to know about your cousin's wedding in September.

Okay, now on to some heavy lifting.

Kruger (to Frank Costanza): "I find your system of values fascinating".

George (talking to Kruger in explaining the Human Fund): I don't celebrate Xmas and I was persecuted for my beliefs. I celebrate Festivus........

Kruger: Are you making this up?

George: Oh no......it's all too real. I can prove it to you.....if I have to.

Kruger; Yeah, you might have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
The spirit of Festivus lives here all year round. In fact, I think one of the F's in FFA stands for Festivius.

People who aren't handicapped should not be using the handicapped button that automatically open doors, especially if the door either (1) opens to a bathroom from a public area or (2) opens to the outdoors and its cold outside. Nobody wants that door to be open for thirty seconds, you putz.
What if the door is heavy and the person is weak? Do you offer to open the door for them in that case? Just wondering what the play is there.

What if the door is heavy and the person is weak? Do you offer to open the door for them in that case? Just wondering what the play is there.
Hey, a blast from the past!

Any person who is too weak to open a particular door could be considered "handicapped' for purposes of this grievance.

Thanks for the reminder- I need to get to work on this year's grievances.

Happy Festivus everyone!!!!!!

Frank: And now as Festivus rolls on, we come to the feats of strength.
George: Not the feats of strength..
Frank: This year, the honor goes to Mr. Kramer.
Kramer: Uh-oh. Oh, gee, Frank, I'm sorry. I gotta go. I have to work a double shift at H&H.

2014 Grievances

- People who send Xmas cards with pictures of only their kids on them

- "Gluten free!"

- Alfredo sauce from a jar.

- Kentucky basketball is going to make doing next year's brackets boring as hell

- my USB lava lamp at work stopped working last week

- Mustard

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Kentucky basketball is going to make doing next year's brackets boring as hell

- Mustard
Mine this year: People who say that Die Hard is their favorite Christmas movie.

Why do they feel the need to undermine the obvious intent of the question? I could maybe understand doing it five years ago to show how you're totally clever and well-versed in pop culture because you remember that this famous and beloved movie took place during the Xmas season. But now that lots of people have pointed this out, what purpose are you serving by dodging an innocent question? None. You're a hundred times worse than Hitler, every one of you.

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard
Great list.

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard

Why do they feel the need to undermine the obvious intent of the question? I could maybe understand doing it five years ago to show how you're totally clever and well-versed in pop culture because you remember that this famous and beloved movie took place during the Xmas season. But now that lots of people have pointed this out, what purpose are you serving by dodging an innocent question? None. You're a hundred times worse than Hitler, every one of you.
That's a pretty good one, been seeing that a lot myself.

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard

Lethal Weapon is the obvious answer

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard

Did this today.

Now I have a machine gun.

Ho - Ho - Ho

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard

Did this today.

Ho - Ho - Ho
:rant:

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard
I am going to add:

- People who make unreasonable demands. Enough!

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard

Happy Festivus to us all!

Going with an easy and popular grievance this year: commercial/kickoff/commercial. #### you in the ### with a medieval mace, NFL and broadcast partners.

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard

Did this today.

Ho - Ho - Ho
:rant:
John McClane: You got any Christmas music?

Argyle: This is Christmas music!

2014 Grievances

- "Gluten free!"

- Mustard

Happy Festivus to us all!

Going with an easy and popular grievance this year: commercial/kickoff/commercial. #### you in the ### with a medieval mace, NFL and broadcast partners.
I have to add a second grievance: the Christmas Eve sports schedule.

I don't get this at all. This is a day where very few people are at work. Many people are home with their families getting bored and desperately seeking distractions. It's not technically a holiday, like say for example Christmas and Thanksgiving, both of which we fill with all day sports marathons starting at noon anyway. Three of our four major sports are still in action, including both the college and pro levels of basketball and football. December and April are our two busiest sports months.

And yet it is literally the worst sports day of the year every single year. Tomorrow we get two mediocre at best college games and that's it. #### that. Give me a second outdoor hockey game (I know they have an Xmas break in their CBA but they can work around it for a special event), or a Peach/Gator Bowl type game, or a TNT doubleheader featuring two teams not on the Xmas day slate. Something better than Middle Tennessee v Western Michigan and San Diego State v Cincinnati, for Christ's sake (pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread