What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Festivus! (1 Viewer)

Someone should really try and expand Festivus into something big.  It seems like any crazy thing can become reality these days.

I have to add a second grievance: the Christmas Eve sports schedule.

I don't get this at all. This is a day where very few people are at work. Many people are home with their families getting bored and desperately seeking distractions. It's not technically a holiday, like say for example Christmas and Thanksgiving, both of which we fill with all day sports marathons starting at noon anyway. Three of our four major sports are still in action, including both the college and pro levels of basketball and football. December and April are our two busiest sports months.

And yet it is literally the worst sports day of the year every single year. Tomorrow we get two mediocre at best college games and that's it. #### that. Give me a second outdoor hockey game (I know they have an Xmas break in their CBA but they can work around it for a special event), or a Peach/Gator Bowl type game, or a TNT doubleheader featuring two teams not on the Xmas day slate. Something better than Middle Tennessee v Western Michigan and San Diego State v Cincinnati, for Christ's sake (pun intended).
We're getting a pretty full slate of games tomorrow, that's for sure. 

I'm in the finals!  

wikkidpissah said:
It's like the old joke about the auto companies recalling minvans by holding a Bieber concert or pickups w Toby Keith. Everybody who argues simply because they rock off on arguing can be visited there.
I don't want to use the smiley, so this made me LOL. 

Probably not going home for Christmas this year. Don't really feel like decorating the covid bunker.

Probably no better time for a Festivus pole.

Neither of my daughters can come home from school for Christmas, my MIL lives in my basement and I have to work most days in December. 

Needless to say, our Festivus pole has been retrieved from the crawl space and our Festivus 2020 card has been designed and will be in the mail soon, replete with plenty of grievances as well as feats. 

Neither of my daughters can come home from school for Christmas, my MIL lives in my basement and I have to work most days in December. 

Needless to say, our Festivus pole has been retrieved from the crawl space and our Festivus 2020 card has been designed and will be in the mail soon, replete with plenty of grievances as well as feats. 

I mentioned a very similar situation in the "are you an alcoholic" thread

sympathies bro  :hifive:

millionaires arguing with billionaires over working class people's share of money...Let's get this hot stove league started MLB...

Had my first Festivus miracle today, but the story actually began yesterday...

Despite the crappy weather, I was able to get 99% of my Christmas shopping done yesterday, with just one thing missing on my list: shredded potatoes to make hash browns. My wife makes a great breakfast casserole, and we had all the ingredients save shredded hash browns. When I say my shopping trip yesterday was my greatest ever and could rank among the top 10 of all time, I mean in 4 hours I was in and out of 10 different stores, most of which weren't in the same shopping center and included a trip to Sam's Club and Aldi. I was catching every light and getting parking spots quickly, and even though the line to leave Sam's was out of control when I got there, it wasn't bad by the time I checked out. The only thing that could have gone better was finding the shredded hash browns.

Including Sam's and Aldi, I hit 4 places that I was hoping had them, but no luck at any of them, and with my perfect window of opportunity closing (started just before 10 and left the last place at 2, just before the roads get busy leading up to rush hour), I counted the trip a success and planned on trying again the next day (today).

For as wide open as everything was yesterday, today was the exact opposite: parking lots were full, the second supermarket I went to was more full of people than I think I have ever seen there, and all the checkout lines were backed up halfway through the aisles. As I went down the frozen food aisle where they keep their fries, tots, etc., I planned for the worst, that they wouldn't have any and this one setback would have the most repercussions, as it would have meant no breakfast casserole and my wife would have been devastated; normally, we only have the four of us in the house, but she invited her sister and BIL, plus my middle son is coming down from Philly and is bringing his girlfriend, so not having something that large would have left a large hole in the menu.

I get to the potato case and begin scanning. Lots of fries of all styles and just to tease me, they even had the cubed kind. Seeing nothing, I turned to go, but then I noticed on the bottom shelf among the tater tots a bag that seemed to have shredded potatoes on the package. I froze like a deer in the head lights, as I expected some quicker thinking shopper to swoop in, rain blows on me and snatch them before I could make a move. A few seconds passed. I didn't want to move too quickly as to alert someone else on the same mission, but I got right up to the door yet still couldn't make it out for sure. I opened the door, cautiously touched the bag and pulled it closer from the back of the case. Of course it was what I was looking for, but I couldn't believe it, simply because my trip yesterday went so well and I'm not used to being that lucky for that long.

Fortunately, that was the only item I needed, so I wound my way to the self-checkout line, which was as long as the others but with 8 self-checkout registers working, it moved quickly. I got out of the store and parking lot unscathed and got home with enough time left to jot down this little Festivus testimony. I guess I should have known to wait for Festivus to look for the rarest of Christmas gifts.

On Friday our EVP posted a message in our Teams channel ... Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.
Seeing as the week before I was in a meeting with her where the Festivus episode came up before the meeting I decided to post:

And Happy Festivus... Festivus for the rest of us!!!

Plenty of LOL responses..
But also a couple younger people posting "Festivus???" :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread