What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are sacks counted as tackles also? (1 Viewer)

IlliniBears1

Footballguy
I know it is late in the season, but I am trying to settle a debate in my IDP league. Are sacks counted as a tackle as well? So if the stat line for a player is 11 tackles and 1 sack does that mean the player had 10 non-sack tackle and a sack, or did the player have 11 non-sack tackles plus a sack?

In other words, lets say the league gives 1 point per tackle and 2 points for sacks. If the stat line says 11 tackles and 1 sack, should the player get 12 or 13 points?

Thanks,

IlliniBears

Yes, also...

1. Sack is also a solo tackle too

2 1/2 sack is an assist tackle too

3. An Interception is a pass deflection too

4. A strip of a ball carrier is a solo tackle

5. A strip a QB behind the LOS is a solo tackle, sack, and forced fumble.

Hope this all helps.

Yes, also...1. Sack is also a solo tackle too2 1/2 sack is an assist tackle too3. An Interception is a pass deflection too4. A strip of a ball carrier is a solo tackle 5. A strip a QB behind the LOS is a solo tackle, sack, and forced fumble. Hope this all helps.
I'm not certain that Yahoo counts it that way all the time.Does FBG count it that way when they do the projections?

Eph said:
johnnyboy8102 said:
Yes, also...1. Sack is also a solo tackle too2 1/2 sack is an assist tackle too3. An Interception is a pass deflection too4. A strip of a ball carrier is a solo tackle 5. A strip a QB behind the LOS is a solo tackle, sack, and forced fumble. Hope this all helps.
I'm not certain that Yahoo counts it that way all the time.Does FBG count it that way when they do the projections?
Yes, it does but not live. For example, if your player gets an Interception it won't update to a pass deflection as well until the next morning. With a forced fumble or a sack your player won't get credit for the solo tackle that went along with it until the update as well. I watch all games with the cbs gamecenter play-by-play pulled up and make a note of all the "updated" points I should get to make sure I don't get shortchanged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread