What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

--- 2010 Rookie Draft --- Round #1 (1 Viewer)

JuSt CuZ

Footballguy
Would like to see how Round one of a Dynasty rookie Draft would play out!

Seen a carry over thread from last year talk about ita bit, but after a bunch of drifting away,thought we should clean it up with a new thread!

A lot of people Debating Between Bryant or Spiller and maybe even Dwyer at #1.

But whats everyone think? Where do the QBs start coming off the board? or whos the better one? Lets see your rankings!

I guess I'll start, I did not do one on the other thread. This is what I see.

1.CJ Spiller

2.Dez Bryant

3.J. Dwyer

4.J. Best

5.R. Matthews

6.A. Benn

7.Clausen

8.G. Tate

9.T. Tebow(TD machine)

10. A Hernandez

11. Briscoe

12. M. Hardesty (homer pick)

In my drafts QB's rarely get taken in first round. I would be surprised if these 2 went. This will all be much clearer however after the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
1)Dwyer

2)Spiller

3)Best

4)Mathews

5)Dez Bryant

6)Gerhart

7)McKnight

8)Dixon

9)D.Williams

10)Royster

11)G.Tate

12)Benn

1)Dwyer

2)Spiller

3)Dez Bryant

4)Best

5)Mathews

6)Dixon

7)G.Tate

8)Gerhart

9)D.Williams

10)Gilyard

11)Clausen

12)Benn

1. Jonathan Dwyer

2. CJ Spiller

3. Ryan Mathews

4. Dez Bryant

5. Jahvid Best

6. Toby Gerhart

7. Demaryius Thomas

8. Golden Tate

9. Anthony Dixon

10. Sam Bradford

11. Mardy Gilyard

12. Jimmy Clausen

Well let's see:

Let's supose the top 5 picks went to the following teams-

Spiller to Green Bay

Dez Bryant to Cleveland

Dwyer To Washington

Mathews to San Diego

Best to Miami

What would be your order then? Mine would be

1.Dwyer

2. Mathews

3. Spiller

4. Bryant

5. Best

Obviously, with the top 5, Opportunity means alot. Mathews stock increase greatly if he goes to San Diego because they are a play-off team with only LT as a RB. Washington with Shanny could get interesting too but my guess is Portis will hang on for a couple of Warrick Dunn like years.

Best.....I can't get a guage on this guy having never watched him except when he seperated his neck from his spine this year. Is he a legitimate Fantasy Contender based on ability?

PPR

1. Bryant

2. Spiller

3. Dwyer

4. Mathews

5. Best

6. Benn

7. D.Williams

8. Gilyard

9. D.Thomas

10. Devine

11. Bradford

12. Clausen

Swap Lafell and Gerhart if QB's arent valued too much in your league. this is not neccesarily how i rank them, but how i see rookie drafts going (as of now)

Still really early and haven't seen all the prospects yet. But at this point i got something like this.

1. Ryan Mathews

2. Dez Bryant

3. Jonathan Dwyer

4. Jahvid Best

5. CJ Spiller

6. Demaryius Thomas

7. Damian Williams

8. Brandon LaFell

9. Dezmon Briscoe

10. Danario Alexander

11. Jimmy Clausen

12. Mike Williams

1. Jonathan Dwyer2. CJ Spiller3. Ryan Mathews4. Dez Bryant5. Jahvid Best6. Toby Gerhart7. Demaryius Thomas8. Golden Tate9. Anthony Dixon10. Sam Bradford11. Mardy Gilyard12. Jimmy Clausen
Ive seen Jahvid Best and Gerhart up close being in the Bay Area, Gerhart should be more effective inside and outside while I doubt Best can take the pounding as well. I have a feeling Gerhart is drafted a bit earlier because nobody can move bodies for additional yards like him while guys like Spiller have the speed that Best does.

Damn. Doesn't it figure the rookie pick I traded for ended up being the 1.6. It looks like you're gonna want to be inside the top 5 this year unless someone slips in your draft or another player steps up.

Damn. Doesn't it figure the rookie pick I traded for ended up being the 1.6. It looks like you're gonna want to be inside the top 5 this year unless someone slips in your draft or another player steps up.
i'd bet my left nut that one of the top 5 ends up going later then the 5th pick after the NFL draft.either one of them drops or one of the other guys gets drafted fairly highly into a great situation.1.6 is actually gonna end up a very very good pick IMO.

It's impossible to say without seeing who drafts these guys and whose stock rises in the postseason. If I had to venture a guess on where they'll be drafted right now I would say:

First Round Lock

QB Sam Bradford

QB Jimmy Clausen

RB CJ Spiller

WR Dez Bryant

First Round Fringe

RB Jonathan Dwyer

RB Jahvid Best

RB Ryan Mathews

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Mardy Gilyard

WR Brandon LaFell

TE Jermaine Gresham

Second Round

WR Golden Tate

WR Arrelious Benn

WR Damian Williams

TE Anthony McCoy

Third Round

RB Anthony Dixon

RB Toby Gerhart

RB Noel Devine

WR Danario Alexander

WR Jeremy Williams

WR Dezmon Briscoe

Right now I would say the top 12 of rookie drafts will probably include:

WR Tier 1

Dez Bryant

RB Tier 1

CJ Spiller

Jonathan Dwyer

Jahvid Best

Ryan Mathews

QB Tier 1

Sam Bradford

Jimmy Clausen

RB Tier 2

Anthony Dixon

Toby Gerhart

Noel Devine

WR Tier 2

whoever emerges from the Thomas/Gilyard/LaFell/Tate/Williams/Benn/Alexander cluster

There will be a lot of jockeying among the WRs for those WR2-WR5 spots. It's conceivable that someone like Tate, D. Williams, or Alexander could work his way into the late first round of the NFL draft.

I'll post mine a lil later but it's good to see I should have no problem getting Gilyard in the late 1st as I see him as a mid first talent. I'd even go as far as taking him as the second WR off the board. With his route running, open field vision, and return game skills I see him starting Week 1 next year a la Harvin. IMO his game translates very well to the NFL.

I sure like McKnight more than you guys. I have the #12 in a league and would love to get him there.

I definetly see Spiller as the most talented player (for fantasy purposes) coming out this year.

I'll post mine a lil later but it's good to see I should have no problem getting Gilyard in the late 1st as I see him as a mid first talent. I'd even go as far as taking him as the second WR off the board. With his route running, open field vision, and return game skills I see him starting Week 1 next year a la Harvin. IMO his game translates very well to the NFL.
I like him too. I took him at 1.05 in our developmental draft last year in BYB3. He has a lot of football talent. I've seen him play many times throughout his career and generally come away impressed. I thought he looked great in the bowl game against Florida, which might sound odd considering his poor stat line. He looked quick and explosive. The only issue I have with him is size and speed. He's a little bit thin and he'll need to prove that he's a sub 4.5 guy if a team is going to take him in the first round. I see him as one of the less enigmatic WR prospects in this class though. He will probably be somewhere between WR2-WR4 on my board when it's all said and done. I look for him to come off the board somewhere between picks 25-40 in the NFL draft.

Looks like noone is projecting Devine to go in the first. I think he has a real shot at being the SOD in the 2nd round.
No player is moving up my board faster at the moment. People talk about Spiller and Best as being the next Chris Johnson, but Devine is the most similar to CJ in terms of body type and skill set. Both have sprinter bodies with deceptive leg strength and great quickness/cutting. Like CJ, Devine is surprisingly good at getting north-south immediately and exploiting cracks in the defense. His lack of bulk is somewhat moot because it's very hard to get a clean hit on him. I would like to see exactly how small he is when they weigh him at the combine. No one will confuse him for MJD, but he looks stockier than I expected. I also want to see what kind of 40 time he runs. At his size he really needs to hit 4.4 or better. 4.3 would be ideal. I think he's possibly the best pure RB talent in this draft along with Jahvid Best. The problem is that neither possesses the prototypical 220 pound frame for the pro game, so it's difficult to predict what kind of workload they'll get and how effective they'll be at getting the tough yards. Devine is a fantastic player though and there's definitely a place for him in the NFL. I think he's a top 5 RB on my board now along with the big 4. The only question is where I'll slot him when it's all said and done.

Looks like noone is projecting Devine to go in the first. I think he has a real shot at being the SOD in the 2nd round.
No player is moving up my board faster at the moment. People talk about Spiller and Best as being the next Chris Johnson, but Devine is the most similar to CJ in terms of body type and skill set. Both have sprinter bodies with deceptive leg strength and great quickness/cutting. Like CJ, Devine is surprisingly good at getting north-south immediately and exploiting cracks in the defense. His lack of bulk is somewhat moot because it's very hard to get a clean hit on him. I would like to see exactly how small he is when they weigh him at the combine. No one will confuse him for MJD, but he looks stockier than I expected. I also want to see what kind of 40 time he runs. At his size he really needs to hit 4.4 or better. 4.3 would be ideal. I think he's possibly the best pure RB talent in this draft along with Jahvid Best. The problem is that neither possesses the prototypical 220 pound frame for the pro game, so it's difficult to predict what kind of workload they'll get and how effective they'll be at getting the tough yards. Devine is a fantastic player though and there's definitely a place for him in the NFL. I think he's a top 5 RB on my board now along with the big 4. The only question is where I'll slot him when it's all said and done.
seriously, keep the Devine talk down. many of us with late 1st round rookie picks want him to fall, don't ruin it for us.

Wow...we can put this "EBF hates little guys" talk to rest.

:goodposting: His body type may be lacking but his running back instincts are incredible. The question is whether he gets an immediate shot in the NFL, ala CJohnson, or whether you need to hang on to him for several years hoping that he overtakes someone and they figure out how to use him, ala FJones.

PPR

1) D Bryant

2) C Spiller

3) J Dwyer

4) R Mathews

5) J Best

6) D Williams

7) T Gerhart

8) M Gilyard

9) D Thomas

10) D Alexander

11) N Devine

12) S Bradford

A little bit on Devine, guy is small but strong. He was on the local talk show before the bowl game and one of his teammates mentioned that Devine put up 500 lbs on the bench. Devine, a very humble guy, glossed over the subject.

A little bit on Devine, guy is small but strong. He was on the local talk show before the bowl game and one of his teammates mentioned that Devine put up 500 lbs on the bench. Devine, a very humble guy, glossed over the subject.
12in arms

2 QB league. Draft 1st round before NFL draft. .5 PPR .5 per 10 except TE is 1 per 10

I did a mock the other day for 2 QB league. 16 teams. Some need picks here also

1. Sam Bradford

2. Dez Bryant

3. Johnathon Dwyer

4. Jimmy Clausen

5. CJ Spiller

6. Javid Best

7. Ryan Matthews

8. Jermaine Grisham

9. Toby Gerhart

10. Damien Williams

11. Noel Devine

12. Mardy Gilyard

13. Brandon Lafell

14. Anthony Hernandez TE

15. Colt McCoy

16. Tim Tebow

2 QB league. Draft 1st round before NFL draft. .5 PPR .5 per 10 except TE is 1 per 10I did a mock the other day for 2 QB league. 16 teams. Some need picks here also1. Sam Bradford2. Dez Bryant3. Johnathon Dwyer4. Jimmy Clausen5. CJ Spiller6. Javid Best7. Ryan Matthews8. Jermaine Grisham9. Toby Gerhart10. Damien Williams11. Noel Devine12. Mardy Gilyard13. Brandon Lafell14. Anthony Hernandez TE15. Colt McCoy16. Tim Tebow
16 team 2QB League? Do those exist? What about bye weeks?I would have to think drafted 1/2 would be Clausen/Bradford

2 QB league. Draft 1st round before NFL draft. .5 PPR .5 per 10 except TE is 1 per 10I did a mock the other day for 2 QB league. 16 teams. Some need picks here also1. Sam Bradford2. Dez Bryant3. Johnathon Dwyer4. Jimmy Clausen5. CJ Spiller6. Javid Best7. Ryan Matthews8. Jermaine Grisham9. Toby Gerhart10. Damien Williams11. Noel Devine12. Mardy Gilyard13. Brandon Lafell14. Anthony Hernandez TE15. Colt McCoy16. Tim Tebow
16 team 2QB League? Do those exist? What about bye weeks?I would have to think drafted 1/2 would be Clausen/Bradford
It is start 1 or 2. Very flexible lineups. But QB score 6 per TD and are the most valuable position. And once again about need. One team has picks 1, 2, and 3 and drafted Stafford last year. Plus QB success rate up top for quite a few years was ugly. Has scared teams somewhat in league, Alot of 2 QB leagues out there and wanted to put up something a little different

:thumbup:

I have the 1st and 2nd overall rookie picks in my league. QB's are fine (Romo, Orton, V. Young, Brohm), but weak at RB and could use another WR possibly.

2 QB league. Draft 1st round before NFL draft. .5 PPR .5 per 10 except TE is 1 per 10

I did a mock the other day for 2 QB league. 16 teams. Some need picks here also

1. Sam Bradford

2. Dez Bryant

3. Johnathon Dwyer

4. Jimmy Clausen

5. CJ Spiller

6. Javid Best

7. Ryan Matthews

8. Jermaine Grisham

9. Toby Gerhart

10. Damien Williams

11. Noel Devine

12. Mardy Gilyard

13. Brandon Lafell

14. Anthony Hernandez TE

15. Colt McCoy

16. Tim Tebow
It is start 1 or 2. Very flexible lineups. But QB score 6 per TD and are the most valuable position. And once again about need. One team has picks 1, 2, and 3 and drafted Stafford last year. Plus QB success rate up top for quite a few years was ugly. Has scared teams somewhat in league, Alot of 2 QB leagues out there and wanted to put up something a little different
One of the leagues I'm in is a 2QB league so I definitely appreciate the different viewpoint.I'm still trying to decide who the #1 QB should be, I thought Bradford may be, but then I read this information which swayed me into somewhat of a Clausen supporter: http://walterfootball.com/mattblog091229.phphttp://walterfootball.com/mattblog091229.php

It's actually quite the read.

I own the 5th pick in my main dyno and would love it if Mathews or Bryant were to be available to me, but I think it's going to be Jahvid Best - who I just don't think is going to make it.. if that occurs, hopefully, I can move out of the pick.

I've been waiting about 7 years to get Devine on my team ever since he was a sophomore in high school.

Does anyone have YouTube links to these guys and/or scouting reports? Can we add those links here?

It's impossible to say without seeing who drafts these guys and whose stock rises in the postseason. If I had to venture a guess on where they'll be drafted right now I would say:

First Round Lock

QB Sam Bradford

QB Jimmy Clausen

RB CJ Spiller

WR Dez Bryant

First Round Fringe

RB Jonathan Dwyer

RB Jahvid Best

RB Ryan Mathews

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Mardy Gilyard

WR Brandon LaFell

TE Jermaine Gresham

Second Round

WR Golden Tate

WR Arrelious Benn

WR Damian Williams

TE Anthony McCoy

Third Round

RB Anthony Dixon

RB Toby Gerhart

RB Noel Devine

WR Danario Alexander

WR Jeremy Williams

WR Dezmon Briscoe

Right now I would say the top 12 of rookie drafts will probably include:

WR Tier 1

Dez Bryant

RB Tier 1

CJ Spiller

Jonathan Dwyer

Jahvid Best

Ryan Mathews

QB Tier 1

Sam Bradford

Jimmy Clausen

RB Tier 2

Anthony Dixon

Toby Gerhart

Noel Devine

WR Tier 2

whoever emerges from the Thomas/Gilyard/LaFell/Tate/Williams/Benn/Alexander cluster

There will be a lot of jockeying among the WRs for those WR2-WR5 spots. It's conceivable that someone like Tate, D. Williams, or Alexander could work his way into the late first round of the NFL draft.
No Tim Tebow?

I forgot about Tebow. Someone will take him in the first two rounds barring catastrophe in the postseason. Rumor has it the Jags might take him at 12 for the sole purpose of boosting their attendance.

I forgot about Tebow. Someone will take him in the first two rounds barring catastrophe in the postseason. Rumor has it the Jags might take him at 12 for the sole purpose of boosting their attendance.
I've heard that a lot too. If the team really believes they can turn him into a pro QB, then fine. If they only draft him for attendance, then I'd hate it. Getting someone on the d-line who can actually provide a pass rush would help way more. Anyway, since I've already posted my top 12 I'll just say I'm looking out for Dwyer tonight in this game. Iowa has a great defense, so this should be a good test for him.

Tebow going at 12 overall would be catastrophe enough. I can see them taking the gamble in round 2 but 12 is just silly.

I've heard that a lot too. If the team really believes they can turn him into a pro QB, then fine. If they only draft him for attendance, then I'd hate it. Getting someone on the d-line who can actually provide a pass rush would help way more. Anyway, since I've already posted my top 12 I'll just say I'm looking out for Dwyer tonight in this game. Iowa has a great defense, so this should be a good test for him.
I want to see Bulaga vs. Morgan

Tebow going at 12 overall would be catastrophe enough. I can see them taking the gamble in round 2 but 12 is just silly.
I believe if a coach is willing to design his entire offense around Tebow, even if it means changing the way he has done things in the past, or even knows how to do them, and hires a good QB coach who can help Tebow with his technique, only then can Tim Tebow be successful in the NFL. This coach will have to design his offense to suit Tebow's strengths, which is his arm strength, mobility, and size.

I like him too. I took him at 1.05 in our developmental draft last year in BYB3. He has a lot of football talent. I've seen him play many times throughout his career and generally come away impressed. I thought he looked great in the bowl game against Florida, which might sound odd considering his poor stat line. He looked quick and explosive. The only issue I have with him is size and speed. He's a little bit thin and he'll need to prove that he's a sub 4.5 guy if a team is going to take him in the first round. I see him as one of the less enigmatic WR prospects in this class though. He will probably be somewhere between WR2-WR4 on my board when it's all said and done. I look for him to come off the board somewhere between picks 25-40 in the NFL draft.
EBF-You appear to know a lot about judging talent and have a long memory. I'm at 1.05 in our rookie draft and I've noticed you to have Gilyard at the #2 or #3 WR position. How would you tier the following WRs based on talent. You'll notice that they are also KR types (like Mardy) and somewhat svelte WR's on their respective teams. I like Gilyard but don't have a clean read on his talent, other than the comparisons people make to him and Santonio Holmes. I know Coles and Moss are old but it's more like judging the peak of their careers and talent they brought into the league.Mardy Gilyard Lavaerneus ColesPercy HarvinDesean JacksonTed Ginn Jr.Santonio HolmesSantana MossDevin HesterGilyard seemed to first make waves as a returner and his skills as a WR emerged later. I'm cautious nowadays because there was so much unwarranted hype surrounding Ginn Jr. and he's proved to be a liability at his primary position. I know less about the WR Gilyard than the KR Gilyard. Any perspective would be appreciated.

EBF-

You appear to know a lot about judging talent and have a long memory. I'm at 1.05 in our rookie draft and I've noticed you to have Gilyard at the #2 or #3 WR position. How would you tier the following WRs based on talent. You'll notice that they are also KR types (like Mardy) and somewhat svelte WR's on their respective teams. I like Gilyard but don't have a clean read on his talent, other than the comparisons people make to him and Santonio Holmes. I know Coles and Moss are old but it's more like judging the peak of their careers and talent they brought into the league.

Mardy Gilyard

Lavaerneus Coles

Percy Harvin

Desean Jackson

Ted Ginn Jr.

Santonio Holmes

Santana Moss

Devin Hester
I never liked Ginn. He was a lanky long strider whose body type prevented him from getting separation. I never drafted him in any of my dynasty leagues.The other guys on your list are all decent players. I would probably rank them something like:

DeSean Jackson

Santonio Holmes

Santana Moss

Percy Harvin

Laveranues Coles

Mardy Gilyard

Devin Hester

Ted Ginn

There is not a huge gap between Jackson-Coles. All of those guys are similar talents. All of them are/were very good players. Coles and Moss had some very good seasons in their prime. Harvin will be that kind of player in the future.

Hester is a good athlete, but not very polished as a WR.

Gilyard seemed to first make waves as a returner and his skills as a WR emerged later. I'm cautious nowadays because there was so much unwarranted hype surrounding Ginn Jr. and he's proved to be a liability at his primary position. I know less about the WR Gilyard than the KR Gilyard. Any perspective would be appreciated.
Gilyard is a good natural receiver. I've seen bits and pieces of many of his games over the years. I don't think I've ever seen him drop a pass. Check out the reel that I posted in the highlight thread and you'll see him make some very difficult catches along the sidelines (
). He has all of the football skills that you look for in a WR (body control, reliable hands). The only area where I have any concern is his physical talent. As you mentioned, Gilyard is thin. He's not nearly as well built as Harvin, Coles, or Moss. He's more along the lines of Jackson and Holmes. That's not necessarily a death sentence. It's okay to be thin if you're also quick and fast. That's the main question with Gilyard. Is he fast enough to do what he did in college against NFL DBs? I don't quite know yet. He looks pretty fast on the field, but I'd like to see his 40 time. He probably needs to run at least a high 4.4 (and hopefully a high 4.3). Otherwise he might not be able to compensate for his lack of strength.

Holmes is probably the closest comparison, but Holmes is a tad thicker in the lower body and he ran a 4.35 at Ohio State's pro day. Gilyard needs to run something in that ballpark in order to be considered an equivalent talent. Right now I would say he's a slightly lesser version of Holmes. Probably more of a WR2 at the next level, but capable of producing good stats in a downfield passing attack that relies on precision WRs like Holt/Wayne/Bruce. He's more similar to those guys than he is to Coles/Moss/Harvin.

I don't think Devine has what it takes to be an every down back in the NFL.

He has very little experience running up the gut, pretty much all of his big runs come from runs to the outside or from runs he cuts to the outside early on. I don't see many NFL type runs up the middle where he has to use his vision to anticipate running lanes and the like.

Even though he has a compact frame and has shown the propensity to break tackles, he's still very small. Has there been a RB in the past 10 years who was under 180-185lbs who averaged 10+ carries in a game over a season? The only guy that comes to mind is Warrick Dunn, but i think he was closer to 190 than to 180. And Devine is listed at 176 on ESPN, and i don't know if he's going to be able to but to much more efficient weight on.

At this point he looks like a Darren Sproles (whose 10lbs heavier than Devine) type of player to me. I wouldn't want to draft that kind of player in the top 2 rounds of a rookie draft personally.

You might be right, but listed weights are known to be wildly inaccurate. He could easily show up at the combine weighing 190-195, which would be decent considering his skill set and playing style.

I don't think anyone is viewing him as a slam dunk starter in the NFL. He's a guy with a lot of dynamic skills trapped in a small body. Sometimes you get Chris Johnson or Warrick Dunn. Other times you get Leon Washington or Darren Sproles.

These fringe guys with big outlying issues but the stigma of "winner" always seem to rise meteorically in the offseason they come out.Remember at this time last year any talk of Mark Sanchez in the top 10 was ludicrous, and at this time in 2006 any talk of Vince Young in the 1st round, much less the top 3 overall, was equally crazy.

I don't think Devine has what it takes to be an every down back in the NFL. He has very little experience running up the gut, pretty much all of his big runs come from runs to the outside or from runs he cuts to the outside early on. I don't see many NFL type runs up the middle where he has to use his vision to anticipate running lanes and the like. Even though he has a compact frame and has shown the propensity to break tackles, he's still very small. Has there been a RB in the past 10 years who was under 180-185lbs who averaged 10+ carries in a game over a season? The only guy that comes to mind is Warrick Dunn, but i think he was closer to 190 than to 180. And Devine is listed at 176 on ESPN, and i don't know if he's going to be able to but to much more efficient weight on. At this point he looks like a Darren Sproles (whose 10lbs heavier than Devine) type of player to me. I wouldn't want to draft that kind of player in the top 2 rounds of a rookie draft personally.
:goodposting: I've really tried to talk myself into draft him at the 1.7 spot and I just don't see it. I've watched games and highlights and I just don't see myself drafting him. I could be wrong but I'm passing on him for other options. I agree with you 100%At the 1.7 or 1.8 spot I'll be looking at one of these guys:Anthony DixonMontario HardestyCharles ScottBen TateBlountStafon Johnson (look like he's made a full recovery)Not in any particular order, will take a closer look at these guys during the combine and they have the ideal size that I'd feel comfortable drafting.

awesomeness said:
I don't think Devine has what it takes to be an every down back in the NFL. He has very little experience running up the gut, pretty much all of his big runs come from runs to the outside or from runs he cuts to the outside early on. I don't see many NFL type runs up the middle where he has to use his vision to anticipate running lanes and the like. Even though he has a compact frame and has shown the propensity to break tackles, he's still very small. Has there been a RB in the past 10 years who was under 180-185lbs who averaged 10+ carries in a game over a season? The only guy that comes to mind is Warrick Dunn, but i think he was closer to 190 than to 180. And Devine is listed at 176 on ESPN, and i don't know if he's going to be able to but to much more efficient weight on. At this point he looks like a Darren Sproles (whose 10lbs heavier than Devine) type of player to me. I wouldn't want to draft that kind of player in the top 2 rounds of a rookie draft personally.
He is faster and stronger than Sproles. Sproles was timed at 4.48 or so, and Devine (using WVU clocks) at 4.30. Dunn was clocked at 4.3 at the combine. Dunn was closer to 190 but I also think he has a few inches on Devine. If there's one area that WVU is lying about Devine, it is height. If he's 5'8" then I'm 8 feet tall.As far as body type, I don't think Devine is much different than Chris Johnson or Harvin, just shorter.

This off-season will be very interesting post-CJ 2K rushing. Only two years ago, Chris Johnson was too small and only had speed going for him. Now all of a sudden a couple of guys in the 180 range are looked at as potential CJ2s.

Curious as to accurate weights and comparisons between Dexter McCluster and Noel Devine. Those of you with superior evaluation gifts please compare these two. Both seem too small to me.

FreeBaGeL said:
jurb26 said:
EBF said:
These fringe guys with big outlying issues but the stigma of "winner" always seem to rise meteorically in the offseason they come out.Remember at this time last year any talk of Mark Sanchez in the top 10 was ludicrous, and at this time in 2006 any talk of Vince Young in the 1st round, much less the top 3 overall, was equally crazy.
I also remember Andre Woodson who at this time was a possible #1 overall pick, and pretty well assumed to be a 1st round pick by all. He didn't end up getting drafted til round 6.

Users who are viewing this thread