Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JuSt CuZ

--- 2010 Rookie Draft --- Round #1

I forgot about Tebow. Someone will take him in the first two rounds barring catastrophe in the postseason. Rumor has it the Jags might take him at 12 for the sole purpose of boosting their attendance.

Tebow going at 12 overall would be catastrophe enough. I can see them taking the gamble in round 2 but 12 is just silly.
Exaggerate much?

Depending on what Jax does with the head coach, I still think Shanny will take him at in the 1st round with the Redskins to run a hybrid of his offense. Regardless of his imperfect throwing motion, Shanny has enough hubris to believe that he knows best when it comes to prolific offenses regardless of what others say. Witness his historic routine of making stars out of virtually unknown RB while trading away a stud pro-bowler (Clinton Portis).

The Redskins have a very good defense but need a QB and help at the offensive line to become competitve

Guest awesomeness

I forgot about Tebow. Someone will take him in the first two rounds barring catastrophe in the postseason. Rumor has it the Jags might take him at 12 for the sole purpose of boosting their attendance.

Tebow going at 12 overall would be catastrophe enough. I can see them taking the gamble in round 2 but 12 is just silly.
Exaggerate much?

Depending on what Jax does with the head coach, I still think Shanny will take him at in the 1st round with the Redskins to run a hybrid of his offense. Regardless of his imperfect throwing motion, Shanny has enough hubris to believe that he knows best when it comes to prolific offenses regardless of what others say. Witness his historic routine of making stars out of virtually unknown RB while trading away a stud pro-bowler (Clinton Portis).

The Redskins have a very good defense but need a QB and help at the offensive line to become competitve

'Shanny' does know a lot when it comes to prolific offenses. That's why there's no chance in hell he'd draft Tebow with a first round pick.

Exaggerate much?

He traded that stud pro-bowl RB for one of the best CBs in the league (Snyder is an idiot) and what does his zone blocking scheme have to do with drafting a gimmick QB in the 1st round?

Picking Tebow in the 1st would be catastrophic.

I don't think Devine has what it takes to be an every down back in the NFL. He has very little experience running up the gut, pretty much all of his big runs come from runs to the outside or from runs he cuts to the outside early on. I don't see many NFL type runs up the middle where he has to use his vision to anticipate running lanes and the like. Even though he has a compact frame and has shown the propensity to break tackles, he's still very small. Has there been a RB in the past 10 years who was under 180-185lbs who averaged 10+ carries in a game over a season? The only guy that comes to mind is Warrick Dunn, but i think he was closer to 190 than to 180. And Devine is listed at 176 on ESPN, and i don't know if he's going to be able to but to much more efficient weight on. At this point he looks like a Darren Sproles (whose 10lbs heavier than Devine) type of player to me. I wouldn't want to draft that kind of player in the top 2 rounds of a rookie draft personally.

He is faster and stronger than Sproles. Sproles was timed at 4.48 or so, and Devine (using WVU clocks) at 4.30. Dunn was clocked at 4.3 at the combine. Dunn was closer to 190 but I also think he has a few inches on Devine. If there's one area that WVU is lying about Devine, it is height. If he's 5'8" then I'm 8 feet tall.As far as body type, I don't think Devine is much different than Chris Johnson or Harvin, just shorter.
After the spring fan-day in Morgantown, I estimated Devine's height to be just shy of 5'7"He is basically, 5'6", compact and bullishly strong for his size, feet that don't stop churning. He has a strong upper body and doesn't lose the ball. He avoids a lot of hits, but when he does get clocked he bounces right back. He breaks more tackles than you would think at his size... and not just in the secondary.

Exaggerate much?

'Shanny' does know a lot when it comes to prolific offenses. That's why there's no chance in hell he'd draft Tebow with a first round pick.
Yeah, because this is the same guy who's great offensive mind led him to put his franchise in the hands of Jake Plummer and Brian Griese. Clearly he can do no wrong.

Exaggerate much?

:shrug:

Speaking of exaggerations... you seriously believe Washington would pick Tebow 1.4? If so, I'll take that bet right now if you want to put your $ where your mouth is.

I'm all about having your own thoughts and opinions, but some things jump off the page as throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks. If there is any exaggerating going on here, it's the notion Tebow goes in the top 5 of the draft. And for what it's worth, as far as your theory goes, what Jax does with their head coach shouldn't make a difference as Washington picks ahead of them

Someone will draft him, possibly even overdraft him. And I wouldn't bet against Tebow proving the naysayers wrong. But chances are, he's much more likely to be evaluated and picked in the neighborhood Pat White was (2nd round) than go in the top 5 (unless Jacksonville snaps him up at 1.10 or 1.11 simply because of the local draw - which would be a poor personnel decision - they'd be much better served to wait until the 2nd or trade down if they really want him).

Any more projections? or just debate.....

I think the top 3 are pretty much determined as of now....

But who is the best qb...I still say Bradford.

Bradford

Clausen

Mallett * If he comes out, which a lot think he will!

Tebow

Pike

McCoy

Spiller

Dwyer

Best

Mathews

McCluster

Murray *If he comes out, which a lot think he will

Bryant

Gilyard

Tate

Benn

Any more projections? or just debate.....I think the top 3 are pretty much determined as of now....But who is the best qb...I still say Bradford.BradfordClausenMallett * If he comes out, which a lot think he will!TebowPikeMcCoySpillerDwyerBestMathewsMcClusterMurray *If he comes out, which a lot think he willBryantGilyardTateBenn

Right now I have Clausen and Locker ahead of Bradford on my Board.Murray...............Nay, I'm not sure about him yet. I was high on him a few years ago but not now.I have Williams and LaFell over Benn but that could change, I don't know how or why but anything is possible. With that being said this is a "rich" WR draft, maybe even better than this past year's draft.

Very very interested to see how Benn tests outside the 40 [which I don't expect a great showing, perhaps Boldin-type 40] and what team he lands on.

I think he's going to be a huge steal if he slips to Round 2.

With that being said this is a "rich" WR draft, maybe even better than this past year's draft.

I don't know if it will be better than last year's draft, which was simply incredible(so far), but I have 10 WRs on my board that I really, really like.

Bradford

Clausen

Tebow

Pike

McCoy

Spiller

Dwyer

Best

Mathews

McCluster

Bryant

Gilyard

Tate

Benn

Right now I have Clausen and Locker ahead of Bradford on my Board.

Murray...............Nay, I'm not sure about him yet. I was high on him a few years ago but not now.

I have Williams and LaFell over Benn but that could change, I don't know how or why but anything is possible. With that being said this is a "rich" WR draft, maybe even better than this past year's draft.

U mite wanna fix that then.....Locker is staying in school!

And as far as Murray, you tell me about recent OU runners..... :bag: a hunch

Murray looked terrible in the Sun Bowl.

He has always been overrated IMO.

Exaggerate much?

Yeah, because this is the same guy who's great offensive mind led him to put his franchise in the hands of Jake Plummer and Brian Griese. Clearly he can do no wrong.
:goodposting:

I don't have a dog in the 'shanny vs. tebow' fight here, but i'm pretty sure skeletor helped BOTH plummer and griese get to the pro bowl in his offense(s).

Bradford

Clausen

Tebow

Pike

McCoy

Spiller

Dwyer

Best

Mathews

McCluster

Bryant

Gilyard

Tate

Benn

Right now I have Clausen and Locker ahead of Bradford on my Board.

Murray...............Nay, I'm not sure about him yet. I was high on him a few years ago but not now.

I have Williams and LaFell over Benn but that could change, I don't know how or why but anything is possible. With that being said this is a "rich" WR draft, maybe even better than this past year's draft.

U mite wanna fix that then.....Locker is staying in school!

And as far as Murray, you tell me about recent OU runners..... :confused: a hunch

Yeah, I know. After I got back from the hospital I looked it up because I wasn't sure if I heard he'd officially announced he wasn't entering the draft. But I didn't wakeup because the Norco had a strong-hold on me lol.