What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (6 Viewers)

And if the whole point is to suck this year and draft a guy high next year, maybe you are on to something
according to your plan you expect us to not try and suck this year throwing another season away...always waiting for next year. You eithr believe in Hoyer or you draft a qb. Enough of this give this kid a shot talk, have some conviction. Pick a guy and go for it. If you're right we have a winner for the next decade.

So, Sammy and misc qb gets us to the playoffs?
but i'll play

drafting a ####ty QB gets us to the playoffs?
we have everything we need to win except coaching and a qb. Go get a ####### qb.
I agree...................just too bad for us none of them are that kinda guy we need to get us there
then let's just re sign Weeden and hope Mariota and Winston declare next year. If they don't then repeat. One of these years that number one pick will pay off !

And if the whole point is to suck this year and draft a guy high next year, maybe you are on to something
according to your plan you expect us to not try and suck this year throwing another season away...always waiting for next year. You eithr believe in Hoyer or you draft a qb. Enough of this give this kid a shot talk, have some conviction. Pick a guy and go for it. If you're right we have a winner for the next decade.
so pick a guy you dont think will be good just cause we need a QB. Sounds great.

but i'll play

we have everything we need to win except coaching and a qb. Go get a ####### qb.
I agree...................just too bad for us none of them are that kinda guy we need to get us there
then let's just re sign Weeden and hope Mariota and Winston declare next year. If they don't then repeat. One of these years that number one pick will pay off !
sounds a lot better than drafting a dud this year.

We betting or what? I asked you like 5 times now

so pick a guy you dont think will be good just cause we need a QB. Sounds great.
so there are no good qb's in this class? If you're going to pull the I told you so card on Bridgewater maybe I should do the same if any of these guys end up worth a damn. I won't because it isn't my style, but according to you 2014 is already lost. #### that attitude.

but i'll play

sounds a lot better than drafting a dud this year.

We betting or what? I asked you like 5 times now
i will run behind you throwing firecrackers at you in a five k if any of these guys are any good in two years. If Bridgewater blows I will wear a ghost guy was right shirt at a five k. Make it a neon tank top if you really want it to stand out.

Again, putting more words in my mouth than actually come out of my mouth.

I dont think we make the playoffs this year with Hoyer. Doesnt mean we cant, and doesnt mean we shouldnt try. We add a playmaket at 4 and another good player at 26 and 35 and we win games this year even if Hoyer is a bum.

Now, will ONE QB this year end up decent?? Probably.................but who? We cant draft 8 of them, can we? Though I dont think any of them will ever be considered "elite" at all.

To me, drafting one of these crap QBs is NOT the best way to make our team better now or in the future. Simple.

Now put some more words in my mouth for me

i will run behind you throwing firecrackers at you in a five k if any of these guys are any good in two years. If Bridgewater blows I will wear a ghost guy was right shirt at a five k. Make it a neon tank top if you really want it to stand out.
Wait, so I win BOTH ways? Dont make it sound like throwing firecrackers at me while running would be unwelcomed, lol.

And I will make a Bridgewater bet, not an "every QB in the 2014 draft class" bet. Although I might. I am sure a couple of them will at least be starters somewhere. Not saying much though.

Wait, so I win BOTH ways? Dont make it sound like throwing firecrackers at me while running would be unwelcomed, lol.

And I will make a Bridgewater bet, not an "every QB in the 2014 draft class" bet. Although I might. I am sure a couple of them will at least be starters somewhere. Not saying much though.
i want the starters here. Who are they?

i want the starters here. Who are they?
Gabbert, Locker, and Mike Pagel.

I dont know who will end up as starters. By default some of them almost have to.

Bridgewater might even be a starter. But so was SAnchez for several years. So was Ponder. So was Weeden. Yayy.

Starter does not equal "good"

Last edited by a moderator:
Which guy? Cuz last year at this time, all the talk was how this year was going to be QB-palooza. Now granted that included Mariota and Hundley, but Bridgewater! Boyd! Manziel! Carr! Fales! etc etc.

I don't know if Bridgewater is going to be good, but I do know that "next year" is never as good as we thought it would be.

Which guy? Cuz last year at this time, all the talk was how this year was going to be QB-palooza. Now granted that included Mariota and Hundley, but Bridgewater! Boyd! Manziel! Carr! Fales! etc etc.

I don't know if Bridgewater is going to be good, but I do know that "next year" is never as good as we thought it would be.
and?

#### next year.

#### next year.
the "#### next year" approach is why we suck every year.....................................

#### next year.
the "#### next year" approach is why we suck every year.....................................
umm, we have been rebuilding since Mangini, never playing for the now. time to start winning games.

umm, we have been rebuilding since Mangini, never playing for the now. time to start winning games.
we have also had rAtards running the show.

Maybe we can use pick 4 on a RB and pick 26 on a 30 year old QB...................nothing can be worse than that, right?

Nowhere to go but up.

Long run. This could not have gone worse. didn't see enough of hoyer to determine if he is the future or not and won meaningless games that are going to hurt our draft spot in may. Hopeless feeling with twelve games left, double digit losses here we come! :sadbanana:

That was a fun ten days though, haven't seen the stadium or downtown like that since the Seahawks game in 07. Maybe the giants game in 08.
bump for ghost guy

Long run. This could not have gone worse. didn't see enough of hoyer to determine if he is the future or not and won meaningless games that are going to hurt our draft spot in may. Hopeless feeling with twelve games left, double digit losses here we come! :sadbanana:

That was a fun ten days though, haven't seen the stadium or downtown like that since the Seahawks game in 07. Maybe the giants game in 08.
bump for ghost guy
what does any of that have to do with why Hoyer will fail or why you dont want allow him to try while drafting actual good players instead of flier QBs?

I WOULD be willing to bet something significant that if we do indeed use pick 4 for a player, we do NOT draft a QB with it.

Takers?

We're not going to be in a spot to pick Bridgewater or Mariotta.

Hundley isn't ready, he should go back.

I think Mett is a perfect fit for this offense if he checks out from the neck up.

Carr is starting to sell me.

I think Tahj's ninth life just expired.

I don't love McCarron, but I won't pitch a fit like I did with Weeden if we draft him.

I am holding my opinion on Petty until I see how he does over the next half dozen games.

Logan Thomas? Please, stop.

Not mentioned, but I'm also keeping an open mind with Jimmy Garopollo.
What's your opinion of Manziel?
I would love to see him in Philly with chip.
found this post interesting too.

bump for ghost guy
what does any of that have to do with why Hoyer will fail or why you dont want allow him to try while drafting actual good players instead of flier QBs?
i never said he would fail. Those ten days he was the qb were great, haven't seen the city like that nor the team play like that since 2007. We cannot look at that and say give him the franchise though. We have been seeing what this kid has for a decade and a half and always end up in the same spot. It sucks, but Hoyer got hurt and lost his opportunity,

Maybe we can use pick 4 on a RB and pick 26 on a 30 year old QB...................nothing can be worse than that, right?

Nowhere to go but up.
is this where I go back and bump all the posts by those fighting me when I went off the deep end after that draft?I won't,not my style, but you're picking the wrong battle.

Nowhere to go but up.
is this where I go back and bump all the posts by those fighting me when I went off the deep end after that draft?I won't,not my style, but you're picking the wrong battle.
why would I be picking the wrong battle when I agree with you about how horrid that draft was?

Wowzers, I think if you guys agreed to disagree we'd all be able to move on. :lol:
im fighting to the death for Bridgewater. Loved him six months ago, never thought we would have a shot at him, then it looked like we did, then I went back to my notes and watching tape, and realized how insane the critics are. If you're that enthrall end with Manziel I won't fight back, but anything less and I'll go soup nazi.

Wowzers, I think if you guys agreed to disagree we'd all be able to move on. :lol:
im fighting to the death for Bridgewater. Loved him six months ago, never thought we would have a shot at him, then it looked like we did, then I went back to my notes and watching tape, and realized how insane the critics are.If you're that enthrall end with Manziel I won't fight back, but anything less and I'll go soup nazi.
if we trade up for a QB at pick 1 I am going to murder someone in their sleep somewhere on my own street.

im fighting to the death for Bridgewater. Loved him six months ago, never thought we would have a shot at him, then it looked like we did, then I went back to my notes and watching tape, and realized how insane the critics are.If you're that enthrall end with Manziel I won't fight back, but anything less and I'll go soup nazi.
if we trade up for a QB at pick 1 I am going to murder someone in their sleep somewhere on my own street.
for the record I am 100% against trading up if it uses any of our top one hundred picks, at any point really.

for the record I am 100% against trading up if it uses any of our top one hundred picks, at any point really.
but but but................if you think Bridgewater is the shiznit, I would think it would be well worth it to deal up for him :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I definitely do want to trade up though one time from our 3rd and 4th

MAYBE even our 2nd and our latest 3rd and 4th if it gets us high enough back into the first to take a guy we like a ton.

A deal like that I would be ok with. I mean, that is three 1sts, still with a 3rd and 4th. Just gotta make sure it's for the right player

or even deal a 3rd and 4th up for another 2nd for a guy who slips or something. Good ammo this year to move up for that kind of thing.

but but but................if you think Bridgewater is the shiznit, I would think it would be well worth it to deal up for him :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
if there is a reasonable chance he is there at four it would be silly to give picks away to go up and get him.

MAYBE even our 2nd and our latest 3rd and 4th if it gets us high enough back into the first to take a guy we like a ton.

A deal like that I would be ok with. I mean, that is three 1sts, still with a 3rd and 4th. Just gotta make sure it's for the right player

or even deal a 3rd and 4th up for another 2nd for a guy who slips or something. Good ammo this year to move up for that kind of thing.
draft class is too strong, take who falls or trade down the back up, do not give away picks. Choose wisely and those are future starters, signed cheaply.

if there is a reasonable chance he is there at four it would be silly to give picks away to go up and get him.
I woudl think it would be more silly to pass on a franchise QB when we could move up to get him with a measily 2nd rounder or something.

If you feel he is "The Guy".........................a 2nd is a tiny price to pay to make sure you get that QB.

I will cry tears of blood if we trade up for a QB personally, but I would think as much as you love Teddy you would be A-ok with it

draft class is too strong, take who falls or trade down the back up, do not give away picks. Choose wisely and those are future starters, signed cheaply.
you root for what you wanna root for damn it, lol

Depends on what we can get, what it costs, and who is there obviously

I woudl think it would be more silly to pass on a franchise QB when we could move up to get him with a measily 2nd rounder or something.

If you feel he is "The Guy".........................a 2nd is a tiny price to pay to make sure you get that QB.

I will cry tears of blood if we trade up for a QB personally, but I would think as much as you love Teddy you would be A-ok with it
if it were teddy I wouldn't cry foul but I still wouldn't like it because we are giving away picks for a guy that will be there at four anyway. That's bad management,

you root for what you wanna root for damn it, lol

Depends on what we can get, what it costs, and who is there obviously
as is aid before, do not move a top hundred pick.

if it were teddy I wouldn't cry foul but I still wouldn't like it because we are giving away picks for a guy that will be there at four anyway. That's bad management,
How on Earth can they be SURE he will be there at pick 4? Either a team ahead can take him, or a team behind can deal up for him.

How on Earth can they be SURE he will be there at pick 4? Either a team ahead can take him, or a team behind can deal up for him.
Siiiiigh

Users who are viewing this thread