What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (12 Viewers)

Pettine and the Browns were given a vote of confidence from Bellichek re: Hoyer.

take that to the bank, brohans.
Didn't Bellicheck also give the vote of confidence to Greg Schiano?and to Matt Cassell?
I like schiano
i am going to regret this, but, why? Was it using Revis in a zone? pouring gasoline on the Freeman dumpster fire?or are you a fan of his victory formation?

Somebody should be happy about this tweet from GrossiL

Shades of last year's draft when Barkevious Mingo was spotted with an orange tie and pocket hankie backstage when the draft began.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Grossi‏@TonyGrossi2 hrs

So guess where #Browns HC Mike Pettine had dinner last night? Johnny's! #BrownsGoodKarma

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Course he didn't add they had breakfast at Teddy's.

Lunch at Derek's.

And hit a late night strip club called Blake's. :cool:

---

In all seriousness their is both talk of Johnny falling:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance Zierlein‏@LanceZierlein2h

Yikes. Been working the phones for the last hour and 3 of 4 teams convinced that Manziel will be falling. May be in play for Cowboys at 16

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And that the Browns have been in disussions about moving-up from #26.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL: AroundTheLeague‏@NFL_ATL13 mins

From @NFL_CFB: Dolphins have reportedly dicussed a trade-down with 49ers, Saints, Eagles and Browns http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347843/article/report-dolphins-exploring-tradedown-with-several-clubs …

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone knows that we're gonna take a QB so .. :shrug: could be.

Hope we hold our water with the #26 and take who falls but its possible.

I think we are gonna trade with Atlanta or buffalo then use all our ammo to get a 3rd first or move up from 26. Seems like clowney Robinson are going 1/2 and while that leaves Jax with a lot of options they will go defense with Mack. At that point i think our board opens up and we move.

Alright Gents, Im out.... See you after the pick is made.

Evans at 4

Or trade down w ATL and Evans at 6.

From there, we can do whatever the #### we want.

This is the start of a new, better and more exciting Browns. Be prepared.

Unlikely trade-down from #4.

-------------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet13 secs

We’ve talked about #Falcons possibly trading for No. 1. Appears more likely they trade for No. 4 with #Browns if Khalil Mack is available
Pumping the breaks that Atlanta won't down-shift their target from the #1 pick down to the 4th pick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet23 mins

#Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff tells @RichOnSports it's "highly unlikely" that Falcons will trade up to 1. My take: Focus in on No. 4.

Some piling on to the 'possibility' that the Browns will trade-down out of the #4 pick and then trade-up from the #26th pick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dane Brugler‏@dpbrugler7 mins

Good chance the #Browns don't pick at 4 or 26...many around the league expect CLE to move around and be selectively aggressive

I don't know why but i am very very excited and nervous about this draft.

I can't wait to see what we do.

No QB at 4 and if we end up with Robinson, Matthews, Watkins or Evans I'll be thrilled.

I'd rather see Mack taken than a QB if it comes down to it.

It's our Superbowl time just like every draft year but I'm very nervous that Haslam has too much Jerah Jones DA in him and will demand Manziel at 4.

:bag:

Some piling on to the 'possibility' that the Browns will trade-down out of the #4 pick and then trade-up from the #26th pick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good chance the #Browns don't pick at 4 or 26...many around the league expect CLE to move around and be selectively aggressive
Get moar picks fill moar holes but please don't go down too far from 4, unless they are doing it to grab a top CB.

Wheeee, hurry up clock.

Get moar picks fill moar holes but please don't go down too far from 4, unless they are doing it to grab a top CB.

Wheeee, hurry up clock.
I'm in, I need a trip back home anyway.

Rotoworld:

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, UCF QB Blake Bortles "wouldn't be surprised" if the Browns selected him at No. 4.
Per sources "close to the quarterback," Bortles believes he "made a great connection with the Browns during the pre-draft process." SI's Peter King reported Tuesday that the Browns were interested in the UFC product. We'd guess the Browns are more interested in Bortles at No. 26 than No. 4, but he's unlikely to fall that far on Thursday evening.

Related: Browns

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

our defense (even tho underachieving) was not our major weakness.

putting ####### points on the board was. getting yards was. keeping our defense off the field was.

now we've added BETTER defensive players, a BETTER defensive coach... still draft defense, but imo, we need to beef up this offense as well.
Points (and yards) happened when we had a competent QB out there. Defense getting burned happened every week. The drops by the WRs hurt quite a bit, but those guys are gone & soon-to-be gone.

Also need some holes for the RBs. Either that, or start lining up OTs in the backfield.

WR is a luxury pick, IMO.
Our pass defense gave up 29 TD passes last year. Tied for 7th worst in the NFL. A stud CB is needed because as it has been stated this is a passing league. If we cannot stop the pass, we better make sure to draft 2 QB's at some point. Hoyer's arm will probably fall off having to throw so much to keep us in the game. I don't think that this is Pettine's philosophy as well as he is kind of a "Defensive" minded head coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Browns want a CB do they trade back farther?

Wow we have 2 3rd's and 3 4th's now...have to be looking to trade back up and get a 3rd 1st round pick.

The interesting part is going to see if they go QB with a high pick this or wait on next years crop. Remember Farmer is a big Mariotta fan and we will have the ammo to get him.

Users who are viewing this thread