What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (15 Viewers)

Here's a shccker. From this re-tweet it sounds like the Vikings were after Justin Gilbert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet1m

Vikes had Dennard higher RT @Da_Fall_Guy: @RapSheet spielman needs to be fired letting Justin Gilbert go

----------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as expected we're getting high marks for the trade-down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Dominik‏@MarkdominikESPN43 mins

Love this trade for the Cleveland Browns. Still two 1st round picks this year and will be in a power position once again next year.

----------------------------------------------------------

And I guess we must have been after Lewan from the reaction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk41 secs

Adam Schefter of ESPN said that the Browns tried to trade up to No. 11 with Tennessee, but the deal fell apart.

Here's a shccker. From this re-tweet it sounds like the Vikings were after Justin Gilbert.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet1m

Vikes had Dennard higher RT @Da_Fall_Guy: @RapSheet spielman needs to be fired letting Justin Gilbert go

----------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as expected we're getting high marks for the trade-down.

Mark Dominik‏@MarkdominikESPN43 mins

Love this trade for the Cleveland Browns. Still two 1st round picks this year and will be in a power position once again next year.

----------------------------------------------------------

And I guess we must have been after Lewan from the reaction.

ProFootballTalk‏@ProFootballTalk41 secs

Adam Schefter of ESPN said that the Browns tried to trade up to No. 11 with Tennessee, but the deal fell apart.
So they were after Beckham then?

WR still in their sites?

Jeez, Grossi's a fast worker.

Already has a couple of paragraphs on the trade-down and pick of GIlbert.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=32221

Browns trade down with Buffalo, net cornerback Justin Gilbert and Bills' first-round pick in 2015May 08, 2014 -- 9:36pm

By Tony Grossi | ESPNCleveland.com
Obsessed with finding a starting cornerback opposite Joe Haden, the Browns aggressively positioned themselves to take who they considered the top-ranked one in the draft, Justin Gilbert of Oklahoma State.

First they moved down five spots to No. 9 in a trade with the Buffalo Bills. In exchange, the Browns received the Bills’ first- and fourth-round selections in 2015.

Fearing another team might steal Gilbert ahead of them, the Browns abruptly traded one spot up to No. 8, giving the Minnesota Vikings a fifth-round pick this year.

Gilbert, 6-0 and 202 pounds, also is one of the best kick returners in the draft. He had six on kickoff returns in his four seasons at Oklahoma State.

Later in the round, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported the Browns tried to trade up from No. 26 to No. 11 for another player -- but they backed out. Other reports speculated the player targeted by that move was Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.

Jeez, Grossi's a fast worker.

Already has a couple of paragraphs on the trade-down and pick of GIlbert.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=32221

Browns trade down with Buffalo, net cornerback Justin Gilbert and Bills' first-round pick in 2015May 08, 2014 -- 9:36pm

By Tony Grossi | ESPNCleveland.com
Obsessed with finding a starting cornerback opposite Joe Haden, the Browns aggressively positioned themselves to take who they considered the top-ranked one in the draft, Justin Gilbert of Oklahoma State.

First they moved down five spots to No. 9 in a trade with the Buffalo Bills. In exchange, the Browns received the Bills’ first- and fourth-round selections in 2015.

Fearing another team might steal Gilbert ahead of them, the Browns abruptly traded one spot up to No. 8, giving the Minnesota Vikings a fifth-round pick this year.

Gilbert, 6-0 and 202 pounds, also is one of the best kick returners in the draft. He had six on kickoff returns in his four seasons at Oklahoma State.

Later in the round, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported the Browns tried to trade up from No. 26 to No. 11 for another player -- but they backed out. Other reports speculated the player targeted by that move was Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Easy to do when you don't have to worry about your hair.

Gilbert is a stud PLUS he's going to be a monster returner.

And we get a #1 for next year? A+++ so far.

Let's see what we come up with at 26. I predict us jumping Cinci for Bridgewater.

Mr Fancypants has to be happy with CB addressed.
VI, you have no idea how elated I am. I was pounding the table 3 months ago that this should be the #1 position addressed. When you actually see it happen it is beyond belief LOL!
You know i was all offense. But i agrred w your points.Getting gilbert and a 1st next year is so.... Filthy
Based on your typos, you're as drunk as I am.
Smashed here up in. CAnada

VI, you have no idea how elated I am. I was pounding the table 3 months ago that this should be the #1 position addressed. When you actually see it happen it is beyond belief LOL!
You know i was all offense. But i agrred w your points.Getting gilbert and a 1st next year is so.... Filthy
Ohio. Grew up on gravel roads. Just curious, how did you become a Browns fan?

Old man a steelers fan. Always had a friendly battle w him growing up so went browns

Been one ever since. Highs and lows. Mostly lows

Old man a steelers fan. Always had a friendly battle w him growing up so went browns

Been one ever since. Highs and lows. Mostly lows
lmao... understood. My old man is my best friend and we argue like brothers. Will say, he's the reason why I'm a Browns fan though..

Last edited by a moderator:
Franchise QB(s) available next year. Whatever team has the #1 pick likely will be quarterback needy. So a trade up to 1 will be hard to do. Browns possible pick in the teens, Bills somewhere in the top 10. It would take both those and probably another number 1 plus more to get to #1

You know i was all offense. But i agrred w your points.

Getting gilbert and a 1st next year is so.... Filthy
Soulfly, No problem. Good debate is what it's all about.

Wow!

They've taken LBers with 2nd round picks for the last two years and they haven't panned out but C.J. looks like he'll be a beast.

Great pick for Oz but it does sorta diminish last year's Athur Brown selection.

I think they would have loved to get an offensive lineman and I also think Pittsburgh would have loved to get either TE Ebron or either Fuller or Justin Gilbert.

well i missed on Mack, but they did end up going defense.

i would be OK with Bridgewater. not OK with Manziel.

well i missed on Mack, but they did end up going defense.

i would be OK with Bridgewater. not OK with Manziel.
With you there... I'm not half as knowledgeable as NFL GM's and Scouts, but Bridgwater showed me a lot in college. Took a beating and still beat top 5 defenses.

Some more luv for our pick of Gilbert.

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout · 38m

Browns are going to challenge for the best young CB duo in the NFL.

----------------------------------------------------

Also it seems this was the plan all along.

-----------------------------------------------------

Nathan Zegura‏@NathanZegura30 mins

Gilbert is fired up to join the Dawg Pound and play alongside Joe Haden. Said as soon as CLE traded, he knew he was going to be a Brown

Nathan Zegura‏@NathanZegura32 mins

Just talked to Browns #1 pick Justin Gilbert. He knew all along that he was the team's top target after they met with him very recently

Nathan Zegura‏@NathanZegura45 mins

With only Bortles off the board, Browns got their #1 corner, could get their top QB depending on their board, and great WR at 35

Some more luv for our pick of Gilbert.

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout · 38m

Browns are going to challenge for the best young CB duo in the NFL.

----------------------------------------------------

Also it seems this was the plan all along.

-----------------------------------------------------

Nathan Zegura‏@NathanZegura30 mins

Gilbert is fired up to join the Dawg Pound and play alongside Joe Haden. Said as soon as CLE traded, he knew he was going to be a Brown

Nathan Zegura‏@NathanZegura32 mins

Just talked to Browns #1 pick Justin Gilbert. He knew all along that he was the team's top target after they met with him very recently

Nathan Zegura‏@NathanZegura45 mins

With only Bortles off the board, Browns got their #1 corner, could get their top QB depending on their board, and great WR at 35
Almost like foreplay at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread