What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (9 Viewers)

https://www.fanragsports.com/eagles/source-eagles-offered-2nd-round-pick-for-nick-foles/

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Source | Eagles offered 2nd-round pick for Nick Foles

Published  1 min ago  on  Mar 5, 2018

By Geoff Mosher 

...An AFC team has already offered a second-round pick for Foles, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation. The offer was proposed earlier this offseason, per the source.

...head coach Doug Pederson and executive vice president of Howie Roseman left the door open for Foles to be traded.

Pederson said in Indianapolis that he wouldn’t feel right blind-siding Foles with a trade, “if that happens,” the clearest indication that the Eagles are willing to move Foles for the right price.

Teams from the AFC most commonly linked to pursuing a quarterback are the Browns, Bills, Jets and Dolphins. The Browns have two second-round picks, one of which came from the Eagles in the Carson Wentz trade, as do the Bills and Jets. The Dolphins have one second-round pick.

The Browns, Jets and Dolphins could also get their new quarterbacks in the first round, especially given the position depth this year. 

Browns Consulting Bill Parcells for Draft Quarterbacks

Sources didn't reveal which quarterback or quarterbacks Parcells was the highest on, but it sounded like he wasn't a fan of UCLA's Josh Rosen. In the past, Parcells has believed that for a general rule, he wanted his quarterbacks to have started for three years or had 30 starts in their college career. Of those parameters here's how the quarterbacks rank in terms of playing experience: Baker Mayfield (48 games), Lamar Jackson (38 games), Rosen (30 games), Sam Darnold (27 games), and Josh Allen (27 games). 

Allbright is ramping up the Cousins to Minny talk.  If that happens, I think we'll trade out of one of our picks for sure.
If we don't get COusins, I would think we would be LESS likely to trade one of the picks.

I think we should trade one of the picks no matter what.

If we don't get COusins, I would think we would be LESS likely to trade one of the picks.

I think we should trade one of the picks no matter what.
Ok, I always thought the chances of him coming here were super remote, near 0%. I think Denver needing a QB on draft day is going to create a trade market we can exploit. Him going to Minny is best scenario for this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I always thought the chances of him coming here were super remote, near 0%. I think Denver needing a QB on draft day is going to create a trade market we can exploit. Him going to Minny is best scenario for this. 
Oh I see what you mean.  If Minny gets him then Denver and the Jets would make a lot of sense for us.  Thing is, if we take a QB at 1, they know we obviously arent going to take one at 4, so who knows how much those other teams want to get into a bidding war to move up in front of each other for a QB.  

Best case IMO is make Cousins an offer he can't refuse, retain Joe Thomas a couple years, trade down from 1 down to 5 or 6 and draft 2 of the top 3 non-QBs in the draft, t trade back up into the 1st from those 2nds, then go after a few of the good FAs.  PLayoffs.  

If no Cousins, then get someone we can toss out there for a while until the QB we take at pick #1 is ready to roll.  Anyone, ANYONE, who has had at least 1 win in the NFL and can last more than 2-3 quarters before getting hurt.

Yeah, there was a link a month ago also.  Never know till they flash the money (if they flash the money)
I'll take him at his word. Not because I think he's trustworthy, but rather because I want to believe him. I don't think he's worth anywhere near what it would take to get him. So I am hoping he goes elsewhere.

I'll take him at his word. Not because I think he's trustworthy, but rather because I want to believe him. I don't think he's worth anywhere near what it would take to get him. So I am hoping he goes elsewhere.
His worth would be good QB play and allowing us to use pick 1 to trade down and add several good players with that pick rather than use it on a QB.  

Is he worth the dollars he will cost?  Not many free agents are.  But honestly, we will never even be able to use our cap space.  I am fine spending some cash for the QB and using our picks elsewhere.

Unless of course they think one of the QBs in the draft is a stud, then that would be the obvious way to go.

And if we draft a QB at 1 i would want us to go hard after supporting cast players like robinson, landry, maybe draft barkley at 4, add another good lineman, add another legit TE.........

And if we draft a QB at 1 i would want us to go hard after supporting cast players like robinson, landry, maybe draft barkley at 4, add another good lineman, add another legit TE.........
Free agent spending creates expectations. This team isn't ready for expectations. 

amnesiac said:
what could the expectations possibly be after going 1-31??
Sort of depends who our QB is, what we do with 110 million, and what we do with the most draft capital in the history of drafts.

If we land cousins, robinson, landry, trey burton, a couple good DBs, draft barkley and chubb.........playoffs

If we draft a QB at 1, make no FA splashes, trade down from 4........4-12 maybe.

What's your QB preference?  I'd really like to see everyone on this board get on record.

For me, it's Sam Bradford & Josh Allen, but any vet/rookie combo they end up with will get my support.

What's your QB preference?  I'd really like to see everyone on this board get on record.

For me, it's Sam Bradford & Josh Allen, but any vet/rookie combo they end up with will get my support.
If Sam's degenerative knee is a non-issue, then Sam and Darnold/Mayfield.

If Sam's knee is busted, then AJ and Darnold/Mayfield.

Cousins

but more realistically, Mcarron and a rookie at 1, and go with Darnold.

When Hue sucks with Mcarron, maybe he gets fired.

i’m fine wasting money on Bradford.  doubt he plays more than 4 games, but i guess crazier things have happened.  he’s clearly a short term bridge guy with some good upside.   no one can be thinking he’s a 5-8 year solution at this point.  

as for a rookie...?  they all have warts.  i hate prospects with medical issues and accuracy/turnover  issues.  i guess that leaves Mayfield?  not a fan of little QBs either.  ugh.  

I think worst case for Bradford is 4 games.  Best case is 2 years.  I don't think anyone, including Bradford himself, believes he can be a long-term starter in the NFL.  If he truly has a degenerative knee condition, his playing days are numbered anywho.  Especially if this is true and he is out in Denver skiing and putting more pressure/strain on his knees during the off-season.

If his knee is fine, then he's still a real-life version of "Glass Joe", but I might up the worst case scenario to 8 games.  :shrug:

Then dont trade.  Unless we are NOT picking a QB
How about the Browns send a 2nd rounder to the Eagles for Foles, trade the first overall pick for a ton of selections, and then spend the #4 on a QB prospect.  Foles can mentor the new guy instead of .... Kizer. 

How about the Browns send a 2nd rounder to the Eagles for Foles, trade the first overall pick for a ton of selections, and then spend the #4 on a QB prospect.  Foles can mentor the new guy instead of .... Kizer. 
Foles is 29 years old...he is not looking to be a mentor if he gets another chance at a starting gig...

If they land Foles or Cousins, they *have* to take Barkley 1, in my opinion. You would think the Browns could use that to help entice a vet QB to want to come there. Side note I'm a Bears fan no dog in this fight. I also think the Vikings are crazy to not keep Keenum. I think they found their guy and are gonna feck it up by snagging Cousins. Is there any way Keenum comes to Cleveland? I think with the capital you guys have there is no excuse to come out of this with anything less than Barkley and a vet QB to start, along with your favorite rookie QB that's still available at 4. I'd be uber aggressive about getting either Foles or Keenum. Not to tutor who you draft at 4, but to be your franchise. My ten cents. Probably worth less.

ewww, no.  Drafting a QB at 4 is grounds for termination of the entire front office IMO.  

If they wanted to give a 2nd for Foles fine, but just draft your damn top QB instead of maybe getting your 3rd or 4th QB.  Just silly.

I read something somewhere that Philly was listening to offers but "it would take more than the #1 + #4 that was traded for Bradford".

ewww, no.  Drafting a QB at 4 is grounds for termination of the entire front office IMO.  

If they wanted to give a 2nd for Foles fine, but just draft your damn top QB instead of maybe getting your 3rd or 4th QB.  Just silly.
It’s not silly at all. None of the QBs are flawless and many have them all ranked about equal. Meanwhile, many have Barkley slated as a once a decade type of RB. 

With Barkley and the QBs in this draft, you would think there's a good chance of a bidding war for #1.  On the other hand, I expect trades for #2 & #3, too.

ETA:  BUF would be a great trading partner for NYG.

Users who are viewing this thread