What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (11 Viewers)

I suspect since we’re sending 2 picks, it won’t involve any 2nds. Will be surprised if it’s not 3.01 though. 

While I want to improve the team, not sure this was accomplished in the right way.
Schefter reporting it's a 3rd or later this year, then a 2019 pick.  At worst it's the 3.1, but I'm hoping for one of the 4th round picks and a conditional in 2019.

This move improves the offense immediately.  Landry is a 100+ reception WR - which is something this team has lacked.  He's also one of (if not THE) best slot WRs on the market and brings another quality threat when lined up with Gordon.  This is a great move, IMO.  Once Landry was tagged, I assumed CLE wouldn't even try for him.  Happy they did, and I have no reservations with how they are going about it or what they spent to get him.

All that said, I don't see them going after ARob now - and I still don't see Cousins coming to CLE.

Bobcat10 said:
So you mean you don’t want to overpay for him while also monetarily overpaying him?
We should hold off on that until we know the contract details. 

Per Pat Mac: Two tidbits on Jarvis Landry: Only Antonio Brown and Julio Jones have more catches than he has since he arrived in 2014, and he led NFL w/ 112 receptions in ’17. Browns have never had 100-catch WR.

Landry was asking MIA for 4yrs - $58mil (or just about $15mil/year).  For a top WR that catches everything that comes to him, I don't think they overpaid at all if they pay this type of money to Landry.  

Plus didn't CLE hire his college WR coach?  Everything is lining up well for CLE to start FA next week.    :thumbup:

AdamSchefter 33s34 seconds ago

More

Cleveland traded a third-round pick firnQB Tyrod Taylor, per source.
How many 3rds did we have?  

I guess a 3rd for a short term QB while the #1 picks is groomed is ok.  Unless they just dont want any of the QBs and know Kirk isnt coming here, then also ok

@AdamSchefter 

So now Bengals free-agent QB A.J. McCarron can go to Arizona, Buffalo or Denver....Browns have their bridge QB for the QB they draft in round one.

@AdamSchefter 

And another trade for Browns: Packers have informed CB Damarious Randall that he is being traded to Cleveland (like everybody else), per source.

ANOTHER ONE

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if DOrsey is out drinking this evening, haha.  Not gonna complain. 

I am not saying that Tyrod is anything special or even Landry is even great or anything, but if both of those guys were on our team last year we probably win 6 games.

Aside from Smith, Taylor is a safe QB meaning he doesn't turn the ball over alot. He'll be a good bridge QB. Good moves today!

Only one third rnd pick. So that goes to BUFF and a 4th goes to MIA plus a 2019 pick. What did GB get?

Only one third rnd pick. So that goes to BUFF and a 4th goes to MIA plus a 2019 pick. What did GB get?
Buffalo got 65.

No idea what Mia got but it's confusing because Shefter said not a first or second but two picks between 3-7. If they gave their only third away to Bills I would think Shefter would have said two picks between 4-7.

Even less idea on GB.

Buffalo got 65.

No idea what Mia got but it's confusing because Shefter said not a first or second but two picks between 3-7. If they gave their only third away to Bills I would think Shefter would have said two picks between 4-7.

Even less idea on GB.
Well, a 4th IS between 3-7 I guess.  Technically speaking.  

Buffalo got 65.

Even less idea on GB.
Shefter reported that 3-7 range before the Taylor trade was reported. So easy to see why he included the third in there. 

We know for sure now that Buff got the third, so that leaves a 4th for Landry in 2018.

ghostguy123 said:
Sorry but if you think this team will ever get players at market value you need to wake up.  That is never happening until we have some winning seasons.  

Really no point in having all the picks and cap space if all we do is draft 15 rookies a year and never win, then lose our own FAs who would never DREAM of giving us a hometown discount to stay.
You may have missed my sarcasm. I know we have to overpay people now. I’m on record saying WIN games and FAs will more easily come.

I like these moves, a lot. 

Tyrod is a FINE filler for our rookie QB. Man doesnt turn it over, that's huge. 

Landry is a stud, and much needed.

Demarious is a good CB
TT a fine QB?  Sweet Christ what games are you watching and for a 3rd

Landry a stud?  My God man

The #Packers are trading CB Damarious Randall to the #Browns, and Cleveland is sending back QB DeShone Kizer, sources say. Unclear if picks are also involved.

Kizer has potential but was never gonna realize it here.  I like that move getting RAndall and dropping in the 4th and 5th.  Good move

Users who are viewing this thread