What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (15 Viewers)

having seen the Cardinals play tonight, i can safely say the Browns are no longer the worst team in the NFL.  
The Raiders are worse than the Browns as well.  And, the Browns will be improving as the season progresses.  Teams like the Raiders and Cards will completely fall apart. 

daveR said:
Are we now in a tier with the Lions, et al?
really something to aspire to, isn’t it?

maybe in a few more years we could be on the same level as a team like Buffalo or Tennessee. 

really tickles the imagination to see where Hue is going to take this team.  

Good move probably.  Hyde was pretty meh.  

At least now we get to see what Chubb can do, and Duke.  Maybe Duke will get those 3 carries a game Chubb was getting.  Maybe. 

Like it.  And even more with Chubb on my bench.

It'll be interesting to see how Hue uses them now. 

Don't like the value of the 5th rouder, but RBs are devalued I guess.   Wouldn't it be better team wise to promote chubb and keep karlos tho?  Especially if Chubb goes down.  Then what?   the duke show?

In Dorsey we trust.  I'm in.

Like it.  And even more with Chubb on my bench.

It'll be interesting to see how Hue uses them now. 

Don't like the value of the 5th rouder, but RBs are devalued I guess.   Wouldn't it be better team wise to promote chubb and keep karlos tho?  Especially if Chubb goes down.  Then what?   the duke show?

In Dorsey we trust.  I'm in.
apparently Dorsey loathes having depth.  

Shelton trade proved that one.  

Hyde traded to Jax for a 5th rnd pick

And that is how Dorsey ensures more playing time for both Chubb and Duke.  If the coaches won't figure it out, Buddy Boy will!
I'm starting to wonder if all these vets were hue's idea and dorsey wanted no part of it, but also knew stringing him along would buy him time. Then again I'm hard wired to expect hue to fail at everything so my bias has been grounded in cement since probably about this time last year.

Shelton aside (I think that was a scheme-oriented move), I wonder if Hyde was unable/unwilling to play special teams and this frees up a roster spot.
Why have him play ST?  That makes no sense.  He was signed to be a starter when we needed one.  It was unsure if we'd get one in the draft. Dorsey grabbed Hyde then managed to get Chubb in the draft. Hyde was blocking Chubb and Duke, who with were performing better than Hyde. 

This wasn't anything to do with Hyde not wanting to take a backseat or play ST or carry the Gatorade. It has all to do with the coaches nit playing their best players. Dorsey solved that for them.

I like Hyde, but I like the move even more. Hyde was what we needed at the time, but for this team to grow he needed to live on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why have him play ST?  That makes no sense.  He was signed to be a starter when we needed one.  It was unsure if we'd get one in the draft. Dorsey grabbed Hyde then managed to get Chubb in the draft. Hyde was blocking Chubb and Duke, who with were performing better than Hyde. 

This wasn't anything to do with Hyde not wanting to take a backseat or play ST or carry the Gatorade. It has all to do with the coaches nit playing their best players. Dorsey solved that for them.

I like Hyde, but I like the move even more. Hyde was what we needed at the time, but for this team to grow he needed to live on. 
Nonsense.

Good trade and this is how every NFL team that knows that they have no chance to win the Super Bowl should behave. If you are not going to contend for gold get rid of stop gap players and see what your youth can provide for next year.

Nonsense.
If you can't see this, you're turning a blind eye.  Look at the numbers and production Duke and Chubb have next to Hyde.  They are out performing Hyde on less touches.  Your boy Hue has been telling the media for weeks that those two need to be more involved, yet every week they see fewer touches.

So help me understand...when the HC says openly he wants players in the game plan, and they are not there...is that on one of the coaches?  Or do you think the players are simply saying, "nah...don't feel like it today. Maybe next week..."

This is obviously on the coaches and Hyde was a roadblock for two other more productive RBs. The numbers don't lie. Look them up, and then come tell me how this move wasn't made because the coaches weren't playing the more productive players.  I'll hang up and listen.

If you can't see this, you're turning a blind eye.  Look at the numbers and production Duke and Chubb have next to Hyde.  They are out performing Hyde on less touches.  Your boy Hue has been telling the media for weeks that those two need to be more involved, yet every week they see fewer touches.

So help me understand...when the HC says openly he wants players in the game plan, and they are not there...is that on one of the coaches?  Or do you think the players are simply saying, "nah...don't feel like it today. Maybe next week..."

This is obviously on the coaches and Hyde was a roadblock for two other more productive RBs. The numbers don't lie. Look them up, and then come tell me how this move wasn't made because the coaches weren't playing the more productive players.  I'll hang up and listen.
Your blind hatred for the coaches has you making up far-fetched scenarios wherein the GM gets rid of players to force the coaches to coach the way HE wants.  Not only that, YOU BELIEVE IT!  Get back in touch with the real world. 

Your blind hatred for the coaches has you making up far-fetched scenarios wherein the GM gets rid of players to force the coaches to coach the way HE wants.  Not only that, YOU BELIEVE IT!  Get back in touch with the real world. 
You never answered my question. 

I don't have a blind hatred for the coaches. I actually like Haley and Williams. I think they are two of the best coordinators this team has seen in a very long time.

But again, don't dodge the question. Open your eyes and tell us what you see.

so maybe a rookie?

this is nonsense.  

they signed a 5 year back to a 15 million dollar contact and traded him because he wasn’t playing special teams??

gtfo.  
You asked.  And i was kinda joking. Lindsay has been returning kickoffs so far.  But agree, bad idea to have your rb1 on any ST.  Also cb1s imho.

If was for a 3rd we'd all be amazed. Starting Rbs rarely get traded mid season.   Worst case we now have 11? Picks in next yrs draft?  Yea most are 5+ but doesn't hurt the cause.

Dorsey is Hues boss and hes flippin the roster.   If his previous results in KC are even close... 

And re: Hue

He walked into a mess.  I give him that.  But 3 yrs ago.  Time to put up or...  and I'm not a fan of mid season coaching changes, 

If we don't show up @ TB i want Dorsey to call Mike McCoy monday morning. 

You asked.  And i was kinda joking. Lindsay has been returning kickoffs so far.  But agree, bad idea to have your rb1 on any ST.  Also cb1s imho.

If was for a 3rd we'd all be amazed. Starting Rbs rarely get traded mid season.   Worst case we now have 11? Picks in next yrs draft?  Yea most are 5+ but doesn't hurt the cause.

Dorsey is Hues boss and hes flippin the roster.   If his previous results in KC are even close... 
sorry, i really was directing that more towards daver’s op.  

And re: Hue

He walked into a mess.  I give him that.  But 3 yrs ago.  Time to put up or...  and I'm not a fan of mid season coaching changes, 

If we don't show up @ TB i want Dorsey to call Mike McCoy monday morning. 
McCoy?  i dunno, he couldn’t even get his qb to execute 2 scripted plays to start the game Thursday.  

I'd think Haley would be interim and they go into a full search during the off-season.

No to McCoy. He's been fired three years in a row.  Twice mid season.

Wouldn't mind Riley.  That would be interesting to see. It'll depend on his coordinators.

I think it may take a younger, creative guy to complete the change here.  Someone similar to McVay. 

Zac Jackson‏Verified account @AkronJackson

FollowFollow @AkronJackson

Hue says he might need to be involved more in the offensive decision making.

2:04 PM - 21 Oct 2018

-------------------------------------

Brent Sobleski‏ @brentsobleski 19m19 minutes ago

Yeah, Todd Haley is going to be *really* receptive of Hue Jackson becoming more involved with the offense.

How is anyone defending this guy?!?!  "I might need to be more involved"?!?!?  Seriously?!?!?  He's the ####### head coach!!!!  He should've been involved from the get go!!!! How many weeks does he give the same stupid message of "I need to watch the film"?  So what do you do after you watch the ####### film Hue?!?  Nothing!  That's what  you just told us  all by saying "now you need to step in". Now he's saying he needs to step in?!?!  I've seen you step in Hue!  We went 1-31 when you "stepped in".  

The lack of discipline, the penalties, the not trying on the field is all a result of the coaches.  It all starts and ends with Hue. The HC should set the tone.  He should be the leader.  He's not. He's a joke. 

Those guys had many opportunities to win this game and yet the #### them away.  How many weeks is Haslam and Dorsey going to subject the fans to this garbage?!?

Pathetic.  That's what it is.  Pathetic.

Baker taking the sack on 3rd down in OT made me want to punch the guy sitting next to me.  I don't even know who was sitting next to me.  

Peppers fumbling the punt return almost got me a prison sentence.  

How is anyone defending this guy?!?!  "I might need to be more involved"?!?!?  Seriously?!?!?  He's the ####### head coach!!!!  He should've been involved from the get go!!!! How many weeks does he give the same stupid message of "I need to watch the film"?  So what do you do after you watch the ####### film Hue?!?  Nothing!  That's what  you just told us  all by saying "now you need to step in". Now he's saying he needs to step in?!?!  I've seen you step in Hue!  We went 1-31 when you "stepped in".  

The lack of discipline, the penalties, the not trying on the field is all a result of the coaches.  It all starts and ends with Hue. The HC should set the tone.  He should be the leader.  He's not. He's a joke. 

Those guys had many opportunities to win this game and yet the #### them away.  How many weeks is Haslam and Dorsey going to subject the fans to this garbage?!?

Pathetic.  That's what it is.  Pathetic.
Amen.

Just because I'm curious, who do you think is not trying on the field?

James Edward Olliges Jr:

The day is coming, the day is near
The day is coming, you know what I mean
The day is coming, the way is clear
The day has come

(just not until the bye week, I think)

Amen.

Just because I'm curious, who do you think is not trying on the field?
I saw Landry and Ratley give up on balls they could have caught.  No one in ST even tried to block the last FG. Yes it was 60yds, but they all just stood there. He'll Peppers was doing jumping jacks behind the Dline. No effort.

Don't get me wrong. We had some guys out there making plays, but it's not consistent. I see Landry stop short on routes at times. I see Peppers run into a brick wall multiple times. It's the behavior. The pattern. Mental mistakes iver and over. Those can be corrected if you try, yet they continue. The coaches let it continue. Frustrating to watch as a fan.

James Edward Olliges Jr:

The day is coming, the day is near
The day is coming, you know what I mean
The day is coming, the way is clear
The day has come

(just not until the bye week, I think)
Plenty of rumblings in the Twitterverse. Don't tease me now.  Don't do it unless you mean it!!

Looks Like Hue Jackson Has Run Out Of Time

"It seems as though the Browns’ players have finally quit on Hue and stopped drinking his pep talk Koolaid, so general manager John Dorsey finally has a smoking gun. He and owner Jimmy Haslam have caught Hue Jackson red-handed, and it might be time to take the three-year head coach out to pasture."

Plenty of rumblings in the Twitterverse. Don't tease me now.  Don't do it unless you mean it!!
It's just how I feel.  I've read no teases or really anything...and only heard Hue threw his OC under the bus.  Kinda reminds me of the days when he'd throw his players under the bus when he was running an abysmal offense. 

How many more botches did he add to his resume today?  For sure was not taking the points at the end of the 1st half....down 14, he'd rather go for 4th and 2 at the opponents 11 rather than try to take some momentum into half and chip into the lead.  Proper call, Dave?  

and only heard Hue threw his OC under the bus.  Kinda reminds me of the days when he'd throw his players under the bus when he was running an abysmal offense. 
Google his last press conference transcript from his time in Oakland. Very similar to the comments he made today.  Blames everyone except for himself. Pathetic.

Daryl Ruiter‏Verified account @RuiterWrongFAN

FollowFollow @RuiterWrongFAN

Hearing rumblings this evening #Browns owner Jimmy Haslam & GM John Dorsey are less than pleased with the current state of affairs..... stay tuned.

5:23 PM - 21 Oct 2018

Users who are viewing this thread