Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

4 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Joe Thomas appropriately put this OBJ non-story in its place yesterday.

He definitely did and plopped it right onto Grossi's twitter feed.  If anyone other than Joe Thomas would've laid it out like that to Grossi, we'd have been blocked immediately.

5 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

obj making some FILTHY grabs today

Unpossible 

12 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Beckham hasnt seen a ball thrown like that in his nfl career

See clip of perfectly timed pass.

--------------------------------------------------

Daryl Ruiter‏Verified account @RuiterWrongFAN

Baker to OBJ #Browns

Baker to OBJ #Browns

-----------------------------------------

Kevin Cole‏ @KevinColePFF

Beckham has something new to get used: coming out of his break expecting the ball in stride. YAC alert

So much hype around the entire team with high expectations, I would expect all the Browns are over drafted...

10 minutes ago, stlrams said:

So much hype around the entire team with high expectations, I would expect all the Browns are over drafted...

I don't think so.  The Browns O is going to be deadly since this is a very different Browns team.   

Just now, DocHolliday said:

I don't think so.  The Browns O is going to be deadly since this is a very different Browns team.   

Do you think that most Browns will get draft in-line with ADP?

4 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Do you think that most Browns will get draft in-line with ADP?

Based on current adp's on fantasypros I'd pick OBJ (16), Chubb (18), and Baker (88) ahead of adp.  I imagine I won't be able to get both OBJ and Chubb though.  If I got Chubb I'd think about Hunt (87), but it'd depend on the leeg.  I'd also consider Juice (59), but looking at players in his neighborhood would probably end up with someone else.  If I got OBJ then I'm not picking either Juice or Hunt.  I think Chief is valued about right (78), but I'm picking Baker before him.  So if he falls below Hunter Henry and is available after I pick Baker I'd think about it.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:24 AM, Bracie Smathers said:

...We have a hole in the secondary and got rid of slow dudes.

Dorsey's second pick was a speedy corner.

I want Greedy if at all possible.

I re-watched a few games last year and focused in on Mitchell and Carrie and we really did need an upgrade to pair with Denzel.

This is from five days ago.

Cleveland Browns News: Greedy Williams working with first-team defense 

When the Cleveland Browns selected cornerback Greedy Williams in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft, the team was ecstatic with the value of drafting a first-round prospect falling into their laps.

However, just because Williams was viewed as a first-rounder entering the draft did not guarantee he would be instantly given a starting job on the Browns defense.

...It is still very early, so it is hard to say who is playing with the first-team now will be playing with the first-team unit in August and September. But if Williams can show he is picking up the NFL style of play at this point of the offseason, it could help his case of becoming a starter to start the season.

This is from yesterday.

13 observations from Day 1 of Browns minicamp  

12. Greedy Williams got his hands on a couple of footballs during seven-on-seven and team drills – and even should’ve had an interception that he dropped. The second-round pick has had a good showing so far this spring.

Next step is when the pads come on but so-far so-good.

Member that time Huebola started an undrafted rookie week 1 after spending part of camp injured and never getting any reps with the ones?

Good times. 

• Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Viruses win sometimes

somewhere Hue needs ointment for that sick burn. 

Just now, amnesiac said:

somewhere Hue needs ointment for that sick burn. 

Was like a drunk text to an old flame.  Regretted it the second I hit send.

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Was like a drunk text to an old flame.  Regretted it the second I hit send.

i honestly thought it was funny.  :shrug:

7 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Member that time Huebola started an undrafted rookie week 1 after spending part of camp injured and never getting any reps with the ones?

Good times. 

and they just dropped him.  

• Like 1

OBJ vs Browns DBs

fun article w video breakdown.  

2nd Greedy video pretty cool. 

Carrie gets absolutely owned when OBJ lines up in the slot.  i hope they use that during the season. 

18 hours ago, amnesiac said:

2nd Greedy video pretty cool. 

ABOUT GREEDY WILLIAMS   

ABOUT GREEDY WILLIAMS  

...disclaimer: We really have to wait until they put the pads on in training camp because there is no tackling in the spring. ...

...Which brings us to Greedy Williams, who quickly secured the starting cornerback spot across from Denzel Ward. Like Ward, the fluid, quick and athletic Williams seems to be a natural at the position.

Veteran safety Morgan Burnett told a few of us media types how “almost instantly” he could see something special in Williams. The comments we’re hearing now about the second-rounder from LSU match what was said about Ward a year ago.

The John Dorsey front office believes defensive backs are like pitchers in baseball – just when you think you have enough, you don’t. Someone is injured, something happens.

A year ago, Mitchell broke his wrist. Ward had multiple concussions. E.J. Gaines had concussion problems, and is no longer with the team.

The Browns are likely to start five defensive backs and two linebackers. T.J. Carrie will cover slot receivers. Newcomer Chris Murray also can help in that role.

Even if he doesn’t start, Williams is likely to play a lot – immediately.

Greedy Williams quickly gets past questioning whether he fits in NFL, starts making plays in starting lineup  

Greedy Williams had a pick-six of Baker Mayfield. He held his own against Odell Beckham Jr. He became a fixture on the first-team defense...

...Coordinator Steve Wilks mixes up the calls for the corners, and the 6-foot-2, 185-pound Williams had to get used to the variety, including playing more off coverage.

“It’s a lot of change-up, but nothing was just uncomfortable. Everything was understandable,” Williams said. “I just needed the reps at it. Once I got comfortable with it, I was able to dominate.”

Williams quickly found himself working opposite Denzel Ward with the starters,

Really good stuff developing off-man coverage skills with loose hips shown in videos you linked and already lining up with the ones but still need to see everyone in pads but real good news so-far.

He has looked  like a 1st round corner and that is what I thought we'd gotten.

------------------------------------------------

Kyle Kelly‏ @ByKyleKelly

#Browns GM John Dorsey on Greedy Williams: I thought he would have been one of the first five picks off the board [today.]

5:36 PM - 26 Apr 2019

Edited by Bracie Smathers

any recommendations for Browns boards?

i’m not doing much fantasy football anymore and this place has become somewhat of a dumpster fire. 

22 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

any recommendations for Browns boards?

i’m not doing much fantasy football anymore and this place has become somewhat of a dumpster fire. 

I would be stunned if you find a browns bored that isn't also a dumpster fire. Just a different kind of one. Maybe something with obr isn't, but if you strike out there I wouldn't go any further. 

1 minute ago, MAC_32 said:

I would be stunned if you find a browns bored that isn't also a dumpster fire. Just a different kind of one. Maybe something with obr isn't, but if you strike out there I wouldn't go any further. 

what’s obr?

also, no i’m not holding my breath.  just interested in what’s out there. 

Just now, amnesiac said:

what’s obr?

also, no i’m not holding my breath.  just interested in what’s out there. 

Orange and brown report. Layne Adkins is the only guy I actively follow from there, but other stuff trickles through on occasion. Layne's great except for those 3-4 weeks per year his Twitter followers cause him to blow a gasket. 

3 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Orange and brown report. Layne Adkins is the only guy I actively follow from there, but other stuff trickles through on occasion. Layne's great except for those 3-4 weeks per year his Twitter followers cause him to blow a gasket. 

thanks Mac.  

7 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

So Kareem Hunt...

This was always in the range of potential outcomes - and 'this' is not really anything (yet).  Still a lot more time for him to do something dumb though.  But this is why trading Duke for something not of consequence without already having another option already teed up was always a silly idea.  

If Hunt gets to the active roster without incident in November, great.  If he doesn't then you still have Chubb and Duke.  Depth.  It's so weird to actually have some.

2 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

This was always in the range of potential outcomes - and 'this' is not really anything (yet).  Still a lot more time for him to do something dumb though.  But this is why trading Duke for something not of consequence without already having another option already teed up was always a silly idea.  

If Hunt gets to the active roster without incident in November, great.  If he doesn't then you still have Chubb and Duke.  Depth.  It's so weird to actually have some.

Yea I didn't really have a point of mentioning him other than it's all the radio is talking about and my ears are bleeding. Stupid move on his part, hopefully nothing more than what it seems on the surface. If this is how he's handling alcohol & anger management he'll never make the roster. 23 year olds should know better!

One of the guys on the radio made what I thought was a good point, when you sign on in the NFL, whether intentional or not, you forfeit some of the privacy rights the rest of us enjoy. Hunt needs some situational awareness and to ditch that posse he runs with for the next 5+ years or so then he can knucklehead the rest of his days. Where have I heard this before? :oldunsure:

7 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Yea I didn't really have a point of mentioning him other than it's all the radio is talking about and my ears are bleeding. Stupid move on his part, hopefully nothing more than what it seems on the surface. If this is how he's handling alcohol & anger management he'll never make the roster. 23 year olds should know better!

One of the guys on the radio made what I thought was a good point, when you sign on in the NFL, whether intentional or not, you forfeit some of the privacy rights the rest of us enjoy. Hunt needs some situational awareness and to ditch that posse he runs with for the next 5+ years or so then he can knucklehead the rest of his days. Where have I heard this before? :oldunsure:

It's July 2nd.  Sports radio has nothing else of substance to talk about that will keep ears tuned in. I don't see why you would expect anything different from a 23 year old with his background though.

Just now, MAC_32 said:

It's July 2nd.  Sports radio has nothing else of substance to talk about that will keep ears tuned in. I don't see why you would expect anything different from a 23 year old with his background though.

I know, I hate this time of year for sports radio. And I don't expect anything different from a guy like Hunt. All the motions he went through a few months ago are nice but you gotta live it too. I don't look for him to make it on the roster. Surprise me Kareem!

There’s something to be said for the days when the cops could show up, decide nothing of consequence had happened, then send everybody on their way without incident, and not have it turn into weeks-long national news.

The rush to judgment over what, for all we know thus far, was a routine inquiry in which no wrong was done, is truly frustrating.

• Like 2

the frustrating part is this is a guy who has been put on “zero tolerance” and he’s still out in public late at night doing dumb stuff. 

yes, this incident was much ado about nothing, but it’s a bad look for a guy with two strikes against him.  

consider this a foul tip. 

16 hours ago, amnesiac said:

the frustrating part is this is a guy who has been put on “zero tolerance” and he’s still out in public late at night doing dumb stuff. 

yes, this incident was much ado about nothing, but it’s a bad look for a guy with two strikes against him.  

consider this a foul tip. 

What dumb stuff was he doing?  

4 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

I will never understand why any reasonable person would expect a 20-something athlete with piles of money to not 'party.'  No matter the circumstances that may or may not be in their history.  Be pleasantly surprised if your favorite team acquires a good one that doesn't then hope the vast majority that do just don't screw up while they're under contract.

4 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

i’d guess being drunk and arguing with someone?

I will never understand why any reasonable person would expect a 20-something athlete with piles of money to not 'party.'  No matter the circumstances that may or may not be in their history.  Be pleasantly surprised if your favorite team acquires a good one that doesn't then hope the vast majority that do just don't screw up while they're under contract.

i’d expect them to either do it in private or at least conduct themselves well enough to not draw attention to themselves.  is that too much to ask?

i’ve gone out and had fun plenty of times. 

not once did i ever draw enough attention to myself that i had to discuss my behavior with a police officer.  maybe i’m just lucky. 

27 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

i’d expect them to either do it in private or at least conduct themselves well enough to not draw attention to themselves.  is that too much to ask?

I expect most 20something's to make dumb decisions. For a 20something that didnt come from much that now has a giant pile of cash I expect worse. 

I expect most 20something's to make dumb decisions. For a 20something that didnt come from much that now has a giant pile of cash I expect worse. 

Well, given we are talking about NFL players, you are unlikely to be disappointed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

This.  Then add in the fact that other people are going to give you trouble just because of your status, money, fame.  It's a minefield. 

19 hours ago, amnesiac said:

i’d guess being drunk and arguing with someone?

I don’t really know either. Wasn’t there and the video was literally like 3 seconds long. 

On 7/3/2019 at 5:42 PM, amnesiac said:

i’ve gone out and had fun plenty of times. 

not once did i ever draw enough attention to myself that i had to discuss my behavior with a police officer.  maybe i’m just lucky. 

He gets more attention sitting in the corner doing nothing than you would if you were a clown suit on stage

Edited by ghostguy123

On 7/2/2019 at 2:25 PM, Arodin said:

There’s something to be said for the days when the cops could show up, decide nothing of consequence had happened, then send everybody on their way without incident, and not have it turn into weeks-long national news.

The rush to judgment over what, for all we know thus far, was a routine inquiry in which no wrong was done, is truly frustrating.

There’s something to be said for the days when one learned from their repeated mistakes and subsequently kept themselves out of harms way. That’s the way structure, discipline and accountability worked. But instead let’s follow typical human course by deflecting responsibility. Hunt=stupid is as stupid does. 

1 hour ago, JetMaxx said:

There’s something to be said for the days when one learned from their repeated mistakes and subsequently kept themselves out of harms way. That’s the way structure, discipline and accountability worked. But instead let’s follow typical human course by deflecting responsibility. Hunt=stupid is as stupid does. 

Having been, in my younger days “questioned by police” for such irresponsible stupidities as:  sitting in my parked car after dark, walking back and forth in front of my apartment complex, and being outdoors after someone in the neighborhood phoned in a report of gunshots, I learned early that:

Being “questioned by police” does not equate to “did anything irresponsible or wrong.”  Police do question witnesses and victims as well as perpetrators.

None of my questionings led to posted cell phone videos that I then had to answer for to my boss, nor did they appear on the local news.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Having been, in my younger days “questioned by police” for such irresponsible stupidities as:  sitting in my parked car after dark, walking back and forth in front of my apartment complex, and being outdoors after someone in the neighborhood phoned in a report of gunshots, I learned early that:

Being “questioned by police” does not equate to “did anything irresponsible or wrong.”  Police do question witnesses and victims as well as perpetrators.

None of my questionings led to posted cell phone videos that I then had to answer for to my boss, nor did they appear on the local news.

No one cares about your experiences, how about addressing the importance of accountability?

27 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

No one cares about your experiences, how about addressing the importance of accountability?

Sure.  What exactly does Hunt have here to account for?  Being at a bar?

27 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Sure.  What exactly does Hunt have here to account for?  Being at a bar?

A drunk is a drunk. Ramifications ensue.

15 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

If the media was this way 20-40 years ago every player in the league would have faced multiple suspensions

14 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

I care about his/her experiences. I thought it was a perfectly reasonable post to offer.

I don't know what Hunt did or didn't do but I don't think it is reasonable to ask someone in his position to *never* go to a bar. As for accountability, he is serving an 8 game suspension for what he did previously. If something comes out of this current incident, then he will be accountable for that as well. 

If you think Hunt is stupid that is fine and you may very well be right. It's not reasonable to expect a millionaire athlete to not ever go to a bar when they are 23(?) in June. That has nothing to do with how times have changed. If Hunt is stupid he is stupid. Accountability still works as it did in the past. 

I think there are zero of us that could live up to the purity test standard that is being asked of these guys, if we were in their shoes. 

21 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

He gets more attention sitting in the corner doing nothing than you would if you were a clown suit on stage

you underestimate the idiocy of my 20s.