Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

32 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

Page 5. Damn. 

It's comforting knowing preseason doesn't matter anymore. All I care about tonight is no injuries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

obj playing?

not likely from what i’ve been hearing.  

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

obj playing?

If he does I'd really like to hear the why behind that decision but no, I don't think there is a snowball's chance in Tampa he sees the field. Probably sit Chubb & Landry as well.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, BobbyLayne said:

Cleveland’s interior offensive line was the major reason why the line was widely touted as one of the league’s best in 2018, but the front now looks much different after shipping Kevin Zeitler to New York in exchange for Odell Beckham and Olivier Vernon.

We watched but Baldy breaks down Vernon's play against the Bucs.

We haven't seen Olivier and Myles together for a complete game yet.

I LOVE pass rush and am going to enjoy seeing us get after the QB this year.

Just look at the power and leverage.  

We did lose Zeitler but we got Olivier and he pushes our pass rush over the top IMHO.

Watch.   

📽️  oliviervernon54 unleashed holy hell on the @Buccaneers

@BaldyNFL

.@Browns @oliviervernon54 unleashed holy hell on the @Buccaneers on Friday night. He helps to complete a “complete” defensive line. So fundamentally sound. I can here the #Dawgs barking right now. #BaldysBreakdowns

6:52 PM - 25 Aug 2019 from NFL Films

“ The Browns picked 14 players in the 2016 draft. Only three remain with the team: Joe Schobert, Seth DeValve and Higgins.”

you know how the old song goes: “Two Outta Fourteen Ain’t Bad.”

13 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

Browns have acquired OL Wyatt Teller and a 2021 seventh round pick from Buffalo for The Browns 5th and 6th round picks in 2020

Hopefully they also go after this O-Line FA.

Looks amazing.       

📽️     Wide base, good natural leverage, powerful punch and willing to finish

Geoff Schwartz‏Verified account @geoffschwartz

Wide base, good natural leverage, powerful punch and willing to finish. I’d expect a few teams to reach out this week

11:47 AM - 27 Aug 2019

• Laughing 1

9 hours ago, amnesiac said:

“ The Browns picked 14 players in the 2016 draft. Only three remain with the team: Joe Schobert, Seth DeValve and Higgins.”

you know how the old song goes: “Two Outta Fourteen Ain’t Bad.”

At least a handful of them are still in the league outside of those 3.  Would be interesting to see how all the teams break down.

Gillian the “Scottish Hammer”

three tackles.  

if they sign this guy i’m buying another jersey.  

• Like 2

I don't understand this trade.

Cleveland Browns deal rookie QB David Blough to Detroit Lions, swap 2022 draft picks

Cleveland and Detroit swapped seventh-round draft picks in 2022 in the deal.

?  How do you swap picks two years out in the same round?  

Detroit might win the SB so we'd be swapping a more valuable pick by the time the 2022 draft rolls around.

What the ...  ????  

How do you swap picks without knowing the value of the picks?  

What am I missing because everyone is reporting the same deal,  swap of 2022 7th round picks?  

11 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

I don't understand this trade.

Cleveland Browns deal rookie QB David Blough to Detroit Lions, swap 2022 draft picks

?  How do you swap picks two years out in the same round?  

Detroit might win the SB so we'd be swapping a more valuable pick by the time the 2022 draft rolls around.

What the ...  ????  

How do you swap picks without knowing the value of the picks?  

What am I missing because everyone is reporting the same deal,  swap of 2022 7th round picks?  

I would assume it’s conditional.  Possibly in expectation a team might have more than one pick in the 7th.  Likely including the option to void the exchange if the picks end up ranked the wrong way.

It’s one step up from trading for “conditional 7th” or baseball’s famous “future considerations.”  In this case, the deal is likely “here’s a guy we were going to cut, in return for the option to switch picks with you in two years if we feel like it.”

• Like 1

Sneaky little move for Taywan Taylor. Always felt he was a very dangerous deep threat, he was just stuck with Mariota. Browns might suddenly be the deepest team at WR in the league.

• Like 1

Enjoy. He's the fastest thing ya ever saw. As long as Baker leads him, he can be someone for teams to think about. 

I doubt he's much for FF unless someone gets hurt, but if so...he's a lottery ticket I'd play

📽️        Taywan Taylor (@SilentGrind2) to the HOUSE!   TOUCHDOWN, @Titans. ⚔️ #TBvsTEN

4 hours ago, Bri said:

Enjoy. He's the fastest thing ya ever saw. As long as Baker leads him, he can be someone for teams to think about. 

I doubt he's much for FF unless someone gets hurt, but if so...he's a lottery ticket I'd play

Baker was able to transform Breshard Perryman into a legitimate NFL WR and he was a speedster so I think he can do something with this guy.

📽️   Taywan Taylor proving he's more than just a "gimmick" player. #TitanUp

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 8:52 PM, amnesiac said:

Gillian the “Scottish Hammer”

three tackles.  

if they sign this guy i’m buying another jersey.  

What size you getting? I hear and up are selling fast :D

14 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

i’m a man of my word.  

once they hit the nfl shop i will be getting one. 

after all, my Mayfield jersey will be full of whiskey, wing sauce, and possibly vomit. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

oh ####. they are literally sold out. 

i love this city.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, amnesiac said:

oh ####. they are literally sold out. 

i love this city.  

Amazing considering how ugly the jerseys are.  Saving all my pennies for next year.

12 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

📽️        Taywan Taylor (@SilentGrind2) to the HOUSE!   TOUCHDOWN, @Titans. ⚔️ #TBvsTEN

Baker was able to transform Breshard Perryman into a legitimate NFL WR and he was a speedster so I think he can do something with this guy.

📽️   Taywan Taylor proving he's more than just a "gimmick" player. #TitanUp

I wholeheartedly believe he CAN be special. There are sooo many reasons to believe so. The Titans never stuck with him or committed to him. He always had this quick hook that no other WR (or player) had and it was unfair. Such is life, I expected he'd sign somewhere, quickly become a starter, and make them regret everything. 

He was always "the man" in preseason. Partially because they took it easy on their starters and sat them, but regardless he faced top corners and did well.

He had more than 300 yards one day against the Pats in practice. He faked Gilmore out so bad, he wanted to fight and later almost fought Brown. 

Brady and BB raved about him so I'm surprised the Browns got him. That must be some endorsement for Dorsett. JRob could also have his former team leery of him. IDK but...sidenote to remember for a future trade, the Pats love him.

Last year, he had like 4-50 or somesuch against Ramsey and was open for so much more.

Titans WRs are slow(ish) and their QB often underthrew or overthrew him deep. It drove me nuts that he can be there three years and the timing can't be better.
Titans fans will believe everything a coach says even if contrary evidence is right in front of them. There's a highlight this summer (known as the Taylor drop) which he flies past the DB and has to turn around 180, slow down to an almost walk, backpedaling, and he can't catch the ball as it hits his thighs and the DB could recover and slap at it. There are like five of us fans that realize he could have caught that and ran to the house if the QB didn't underthrow him so bad.

Every WR drops the ball a little more often than you'd like but stats wise he is the same as everyone. There's some stupid fan thinking that if he drops a ball wide open and Davis drops a ball with just a step, that his is oh so awful and Davis' is fine. 

You will watch him get open regularly and it will frustrate you because he is not option 1,2 and maybe even 3. Baker is better than MM8 but he still has to do his reads. The Titans had to give Taywan longer routes to help with the timing.

He was drafted to replace Kendall Wright who was also the fastest thing ya ever saw. (expression) He's faster. His rookie camp and barely during the season, he was the perfect cat quick slot guy. Their bad WR moves put him outside and he did show something and I would leave him there, but...can't forget how effective he was just like so many quick slots.

He's too fast to be in the return game with his brain. He believes he can outrun everyone so he makes bad decisions like running it out of the endzone. They tried n tried but...I don't know if you change his thinking there, how that affects his mentality as a WR. His gift is that he's so fast he can beat anyone so if you convince him differently...

A Landry or ODB injury probably makes him an FF stud. I'm not sure or anything, but I'd bet on it and will have him on my FF bench for that time.  Baker's ability to buy time just adds to my glowing expectation for Taylor. Baker can give him a second or two more to burn a DB....fugggedaboutit.

He's got good biceps on a stick figure body. He looks like the guy that works his tail off in the weight room but just doesn't have the right bod. He's only an average blocker and can't do the use your body/box out type stuff. His game is all speed.

I think he helps the Browns GM in a big big way. Ratley has a knack for getting open deep and he's probably not needed now. He can do whatever the starters do so you've got a backup you're set with. When a team gets good (yeah I'm relearning as my Titans stunk for a long time too) they can actually have 4th and 5th WRs that are purposeful.  My Titans had the players to do this but messed it up. Hopefully your Browns do this better. They could have a backup slot guy, a special teams stud, a great blocking WR, a deep threat, returner...there is so much NFL team building value in having a quality backup that can do it all. 

He started plenty for the Titans and most of this camp. His speed often attracts a top corner which made Davis' life a little easier. With Humphries, it was going to be interesting how defenses matched up. I don't know how it will work with the Browns. I'd put the top DB on ODB, but do teams have another blazing fast corner to cover Taylor? Do they put the top guy on Taylor and double ODB? This is usually oh so evident by like week 8 when teams have DB injuries. Taylor could do nothing late in the year, but if he can get a corner off ODB, ODB will light it up. I think he completes the starters (when he's ready) and of course Landry over the middle and Njoku. To have a full slate where anyone "can kill ya" that's amazing for Baker to have and an OC to plan on.

It's not just me, there is a pretty large contingent of dynasty FFers that have been waiting for the day Taylor was set free. 

Kudos to the Browns GM trading all those linemen. 31 other teams are "dying" to get a better backup lineman and he's got the depth two trade two or three away.

8 minutes ago, Bri said:

A Landry or ODB injury probably makes him an FF stud.

Possibly but people were asking why we'd go after any WR since its been reported that we are deep at WR.

The reason is Calloway's suspension.  Taylor has a shot to stick but right now he's on what appears to be a four game tryout.  

Hopefully he is a ST contributor right away and then it looks like he can make things happen in space with speed to take it to the house so I'd look for gadget plays as he gets his feet wet before looking for him to be a deep threat opposite OBJ. 

47 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Possibly but people were asking why we'd go after any WR since its been reported that we are deep at WR.

The reason is Calloway's suspension.  Taylor has a shot to stick but right now he's on what appears to be a four game tryout.  

Hopefully he is a ST contributor right away and then it looks like he can make things happen in space with speed to take it to the house so I'd look for gadget plays as he gets his feet wet before looking for him to be a deep threat opposite OBJ. 

Calloway seemed to take great advantage of broken down plays, but when I saw the Browns, he wasn't that much in the regular offense. You'd know more than me

5 hours ago, Bri said:

Kudos to the Browns GM trading all those linemen. 31 other teams are "dying" to get a better backup lineman and he's got the depth two trade two or three away.

what trades did we make?

4 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

What was up with cutting greg robinson then picking him back up?

Injured reserve games. In order for Forbes to be eligible to return he needed to be on the 53. So, cut a veteran that isnt exposed to waivers, put Forbes on IR-r, then re-sign vet. 

• Like 2

Sunday can't get here soon enough, man I'm tired of talking about this team.

Well that was embarrassing. Browns need to trade for Trent Williams now. Like, right now. Give up next years 1st, IDGAF.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, Soulfly3 said:

staying calm has been so damned difficult. every guy in the office has been on my ### about the browns.

Maybe work from home tomorrow?

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

Well that was embarrassing. Browns need to trade for Trent Williams now. Like, right now. Give up next years 1st, IDGAF.

Nah.

2 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

Didn't they trade away one of their better OL before the season?

Just now, lod001 said:

Didn't they trade away one of their better OL before the season?

Yep, Zeitler for Vernon.

it’s one game.  

let’s take a deep breath.  

and hope like hell they beat the Jets next week. 

12 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

it’s one game.  

Yep, just cant start 0-2. Obviously would be a whole lot more relaxing to ensure the w earlier today. Or not to lose like that. But I think this team bounces back strong. 

15 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

Lot less talking this week? 

Who are you referring to?

12 hours ago, amnesiac said:

it’s one game.  

Nothing like overreacting the entire preseason and then again after week 1.  People are funny....many Browns fans and haters alike. 

They looked bad in every way possible.  Total regression from the last half of last year.  Totally looked like a Hue Jackson team.

1 hour ago, Random said:

They looked bad in every way possible.  Total regression from the last half of last year.  Totally looked like a Hue Jackson team.

Thats a bit of an over-reaction.  Hue's team wouldn't have moved the ball or scored any points.

I didn't get a chance to watch, but what was with all the penalties yesterday?  Listening to the radio, it seemed like a lot of ticky-tack calls.  Regardless, can't let the refs dictate the game flow.

What happened with Robinson?  Did I hear correctly that he kicked a Titans player in the head?  Is he now suspended for a couple of games, or able to return for NYJ next week?

That LT spot is cursed once JT left.  No one has really hung around at that spot very long.

2 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

Who are you referring to?

Don't feed the trolls. I think the best part about this thread is we are mostly even keeled Browns fans. We don't always agree (a good thing), but we are generally grounded in reality. The chirping the trolls are referring to are primarily national. We don't control what the hot take machine talks about. If you're tired of hearing about the Browns then just change the channel.

1 minute ago, Peak said:

Thats a bit of an over-reaction.  Hue's team wouldn't have moved the ball or scored any points.

I didn't get a chance to watch, but what was with all the penalties yesterday?  Listening to the radio, it seemed like a lot of ticky-tack calls.  Regardless, can't let the refs dictate the game flow.

What happened with Robinson?  Did I hear correctly that he kicked a Titans player in the head?  Is he now suspended for a couple of games, or able to return for NYJ next week?

That LT spot is cursed once JT left.  No one has really hung around at that spot very long.

The penalties and the Robinson ejection were well earned. Sure, you can microscope particular plays. The in-the-grasp sack call also comes to mind. Those calls go both ways though. Don't get blinded by fandom eyes. We penaltied our way out of the game plan then the flood gates opened late. This is an important week for Freddie, Baker, and the rest of the team leadership. I don't think they will fix all that ails us, but I trust they'll get enough done so Monday ends differently than yesterday.

• Like 1