Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

22 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Bummer: Browns linebacker Christian Kirksey out for the season. Let's see how the rook does, like what I've seen so far.

https://fox8.com/2019/10/02/browns-linebacker-christian-kirksey-out-for-the-season/

Barring a massive restructure, and even that may not matter, his days as a Brown are over.

Mac, how long are you gonna keep the Hue Jackson avatar?

still cracks me up every time. 

13 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

Mac, how long are you gonna keep the Hue Jackson avatar?

still cracks me up every time. 

As long as it keeps making me laugh. So it'll be going to the grave with me. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/cleveland-browns-joe-schobert-is-making-a-case-that-he-is-the-nfls-best-inside-linebacker.html

wait, isn’t this the same Schobert that had the most missed tackles on the team last year??

“Schobert led the NFL with a 9.8 percent missed tackle rate, and the defense felt the sting of the tackling issue as a whole.

Schobert wasn’t alone. Since Pro Football Focus began tracking tackling data, the 2018 Browns set the highest mark for missed tackles in a season with 169.” — Burns, Cleveland.com

so was this a Gregg Williams problem?

15 hours ago, amnesiac said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/cleveland-browns-joe-schobert-is-making-a-case-that-he-is-the-nfls-best-inside-linebacker.html

wait, isn’t this the same Schobert that had the most missed tackles on the team last year??

Follow his wife on twitter, she'll tell you all you need to know.

https://twitter.com/meganschobert

1 hour ago, beer 30 said:

Follow his wife on twitter, she'll tell you all you need to know.

https://twitter.com/meganschobert

twitter makes my head hurt. 

can you give me the cliff notes version?

2 hours ago, amnesiac said:

twitter makes my head hurt. 

can you give me the cliff notes version?

I want my husband to remain gainfully employed, anyone that knocks his play is a hater, #GOBROWNS

4 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

I want my husband to remain gainfully employed, anyone that knocks his play is a hater, #GOBROWNS

huh.  ok.  

the Browns are undefeated on the road on MNF so far this season.  

• Like 1

Ready to take the win and the AFC North back tonight.  Should be fun!

On 10/1/2019 at 6:00 AM, Soulfly3 said:

if we can't beat SF....  their record means nothing to me, actually. beat teams in complete and total disarray. we just slapped a top 5 team

must win. no excuses.

So, you were saying... Now what?

4 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Gotta be talk about firing the head coach already

Trolling grade - F

10 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

3-2 baby, let's do this!!!!

Guessing Browns fans wanted to send you to NE with Josh.

Browns checklist to greatness

1. Hue fired - check

2. Jettison Josh gordon - check

3. Rid the fanbase of the Soulfully curse - :whistle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Who’s trolling. Guarantee there will be talk of firing him tomorrow.

And there should be.  Mayfield has regressed badly with Kitchens as his head coach and is looking like a total bust this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

there was “talk” of firing him after week 1. 

it’s noise.  

this team is going to be up and down. 

realistic fans were not talking about playoffs this year.  let’s see how they develop and where they end up.  

2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

And there should be.  Mayfield has regressed badly with Kitchens as his head coach and is looking like a total bust this season. 

wow, a second year QB has been inconsistent?  

i didn’t hear anyone calling him a bust last week?

3 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Jay Gruden is available.      :whistle:

he didn’t win a single playoff game in 5 years and they are supposed to fire Kitchens 5 games in?  LOL. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

I dont concern myself with people word vomiting nonsense to get stupid people to click. 

Edited by MAC_32

9 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

wow, a second year QB has been inconsistent?  

i didn’t hear anyone calling him a bust last week?

His o-Line is not helping, but the season is nearly 1/3 of the way done and he has twice as many INT's as TD passes.  That is not good. 

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

His o-Line is not helping, but the season is nearly 1/3 of the way done and he has twice as many INT's as TD passes.  That is not good. 

So your solution is to...fire the coach. 

O.....kay.

Just now, MAC_32 said:

So your solution is to...fire the coach. 

O.....kay.

Where did I say that was my solution? 

Browns gonna Brown til the end of time. #flagplant

33 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Gotta be talk about firing the head coach already

28 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Trolling grade - F

23 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

20 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I expect some moronic over reactions to this, but good luck one upping that. 

Saying there should be talk about a coaching change does not mean I think there should be a coaching change, and a coaching change is not necessarily a solution, nor did I say it would be one. 

Then...maybe...umm...dont say it? I dunno. Maybe I'm the crazy one. I'll hang up and listen. 

I'd like to know what this Monken loser brought to the table because I'm guessing it's less than zero.

18 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Saying there should be talk about a coaching change does not mean I think there should be a coaching change, and a coaching change is not necessarily a solution, nor did I say it would be one. 

thanks for clearing that up. 

typically if you don’t agree with the hot take, you don’t support the hot take existing. 

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I'd like to know what this Monken loser brought to the table because I'm guessing it's less than zero.

Not the issue tonight. Wide receivers were bad, Baker worse, and Shannahan schooled us on the other side of the ball.

9 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Not the issue tonight. Wide receivers were bad, Baker worse, and Shannahan schooled us on the other side of the ball.

defense was awful tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Baker Mayfield was HORRIBLE tonight. Johnny Manziel has had better games.

sorry, but these lazy Manziel/Mayfield comparisons need to stop.  

Manziel was a lazy coke-head with no actual football skills. 

Mayfield has been wildly inconsistent, but has shown flashes of brilliance, and actually puts in the work. 

please link to a game that Manziel did better. 

Just now, amnesiac said:

sorry, but these lazy Manziel/Mayfield comparisons need to stop.  

Manziel was a lazy coke-head with no actual football skills. 

Mayfield has been wildly inconsistent, but has shown flashes of brilliance, and actually puts in the work. 

please link to a game that Manziel did better. 

Don't be sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Baker looks awful. He zones in on jarvis often. Odell is a crazy talent and it's mind blowing when guys like him don't get double targets. Especially when they are down.  Whats the point of even trading for him if you aren't going to throw him the ball. I also believe kitchens is in over his head. He got the HC job because he was "friends" with baker. They have crazy talent across the board but its just awful to watch.

6 minutes ago, RealReactions said:

Baker looks awful. He zones in on jarvis often. Odell is a crazy talent and it's mind blowing when guys like him don't get double targets. Especially when they are down.  Whats the point of even trading for him if you aren't going to throw him the ball. I also believe kitchens is in over his head. He got the HC job because he was "friends" with baker. They have crazy talent across the board but its just awful to watch.

When your OL is one of the worst in the league.....it does not matter.....they cannot block hence they cannot move the football nor throw the football when Mayfield is scared for his life. He looks terrified. He has the yips. He is shell shocked. 

Pretty simply to see that. He looks like a nervous wreck behind that OL. That is the main source of the infection on this team. They are not a post season football team....no freaking way. They are getting mauled in the trenches. That is where football is won and lost. Watch last nights game? KC was exposed too.

Just now, Todem said:

When your OL is one of the worst in the league.....it does not matter.....they cannot block hence they cannot move the football nor throw the football when Mayfield is scared for his life. He looks terrified. He has the yips. He is shell shocked. 

Pretty simply to see that. He looks like a nervous wreck behind that OL. That is the main source of the infection on this team. They are not a post season football team....no freaking way. They are getting mauled in the trenches. That is where football is won and lost. Watch last nights game? KC was exposed too.

He's making the OL look worse than it really is. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, MAC_32 said:

He's making the OL look worse than it really is. 

Yeah he is not the same QB. I have stated that as well. But that OL is wretched too. Not a strength and Mayfield is clearly shell shocked and jittery. Not trusting his players and letting it fly. Holding the ball, patting the ball, but his OL is also.....poor in pass protection.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Just now, Todem said:

Yeah he is not the same QB. I have stated that as well. But that OL is wretched too. Not a strength and Mayfield is clearly shell shocked and jittery. Not trusting his players and letting it fly. Holding the ball, patting the ball, but his OL is also.....poor in pass protection.

Not a strength, sure. Wasnt ever supposed to be. Wasnt the expectation. Sure, once San Fran could just pin their ears back it was over tonight, but we didn't get there in the first place because of the OL. They are not the problem. 

1 minute ago, MAC_32 said:

Not a strength, sure. Wasnt ever supposed to be. Wasnt the expectation. Sure, once San Fran could just pin their ears back it was over tonight, but we didn't get there in the first place because of the OL. They are not the problem. 

Well then your squad is really screwed. This is your #1 overall pick.

Just now, Todem said:

Well then your squad is really screwed. This is your #1 overall pick.

There's good reason I was doom and gloom going into Baltimore. Thankfully I was wrong about that game, but this one terrified me then it went much worse than I possibly imagined. Another tough spot this week on a short week to face another team on a long week, but last time their backs were against the wall they rallied. Burn this film and get to work.