Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Dizzy said:

grumpy Baker stepping on rake after rake...

If they make that his next commercial it would be art imitating life...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freddie Kitchens will be gone soon

what a complete flop of a season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why would you call that play where Mayfield pitched the ball to the defender?

i’m really starting to wonder about Kitchens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, amnesiac said:

why would you call that play where Mayfield pitched the ball to the defender?

i’m really starting to wonder about Kitchens.  

I blame whoever hired him to be both HC and call plays

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

To be fair though, these stupid fumbles and the baker INT aren't kitchens fault

the INT play should’ve never been called.  That one is on both of them.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

the INT play should’ve never been called.  That one is on both of them.  

I dont know.  It's hard to blame the coach when a defenders blows up the play while the QB also makes a bad read.  Not like it was a bad situation for that type of play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I dont know.  It's hard to blame the coach when a defenders blows up the play while the QB also makes a bad read.  Not like it was a bad situation for that type of play

Bad read is a bit generous, he threw the ball directly too him. Think just for a second, keep the ball and live for another day. I'm arguing for top 5 all time in the annals of Browns ineptitude, change my mind.  https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/1188564730958536705?s=20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So kitchens doesnt have his wrs prepared to not make obvious pick penalties, and doubles down on it with a terrible challenge.  This is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitchens seems to throw the challenge flag based purely on emotion.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New England is playing again at another level.  NFL is not ready for that Patriot Smoke this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

New England is playing again at another level.  NFL is not ready for that Patriot Smoke this year. 

They have beaten bad teams.  That's all I can say at this point

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PennStater77 said:

Baker is going to turn out to be just another guy

When the offensive line is this bad I can agree.   When the offensive play calling is this bad I can agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DaveSpa57

Wait wait wait...they actual told Hodge to jump offsides so they didnt have to run a timeout that way they could go for it??? WTF?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amnesiac said:

the INT play should’ve never been called.  That one is on both of them.  

One would be hard pressed to find a dumber drawn up play. Once again dumb coaches trying to be tricky. That was just the dumbest of dumb plays. It had absolutely no chance.

The fact that the play exists in their playbook tells me they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Edited by lod001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

I dont know.  It's hard to blame the coach when a defenders blows up the play while the QB also makes a bad read.  Not like it was a bad situation for that type of play

I think the int was Kitchens. I think that was a coached up tendency, when Landry goes in motion and a lineman pulls get in between Baker and Landry. Guy wasnt there by some fluke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lod001 said:

One would be hard pressed to find a dumber drawn up play. Once again dumb coaches trying to be tricky. That was just the dumbest of dumb plays. It had absolutely no chance.

The fact that the play exists in their playbook tells me they don't have a clue what they are doing.

It's usually a very successful play. Bellichik is better than everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beer 30 said:

This kinda #### doesn't help https://twitter.com/EverythingCLE_/status/1188583627090776064?s=20

And Odell, catch a ####### ball please. Seen enough one handed grabs, use both and pull a few in for your QB, how about huh? :wall:

Odell has been pretty bad all year. At least one or two of those per game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

When the offensive line is this bad I can agree.   When the offensive play calling is this bad I can agree. 

The bad OL narrative. Kill it. Kill it with fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

The bad OL narrative. Kill it. Kill it with fire. 

Yeah, I don't think the oline is that bad.  I've seen much, much worse this season.   Baker has been bad and Kitchens has no clue.  I knew they were doomed when they went pass, pass, pass, punt on the very first series in a torrential downpour.  The first quarter was an episode of football follies.

Edited by arctic_panzer_wolf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, amnesiac said:

I’m really starting to wonder about Kitchens.  

Can't defend him, but replacing him isn't fixing this either. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Can't defend him, but replacing him isn't fixing this either. 

i've been the one preaching patience. 
 

blowing this thing up again is not the answer. 
 

but what the heck is he doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

but what the heck is he doing?

Same thing anyone else in history does when they are asked to do way more than they have ever done before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

I think the int was Kitchens. I think that was a coached up tendency, when Landry goes in motion and a lineman pulls get in between Baker and Landry. Guy wasnt there by some fluke. 

He was there because Bitonio got his ### blown up on the play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

i've been the one preaching patience. 
 

blowing this thing up again is not the answer. 
 

but what the heck is he doing?

On game day? He has too much on his plate and won't adjust. 

The rest of it? It's bigger than him. The players need to hold themselves accountable. They're not. Starting to hear it, but this late is unacceptable. 

We outplayed them today. And lost by 2 touchdowns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Galileo said:

He was there because Bitonio got his ### blown up on the play.

That was the worst quarter, by a lot, I can remember from Bitonio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

On game day? He has too much on his plate and won't adjust. 

The rest of it? It's bigger than him. The players need to hold themselves accountable. They're not. Starting to hear it, but this late is unacceptable. 

We outplayed them today. And lost by 2 touchdowns. 

Oh, come on.  The Patriots had more first downs, more total yards, won the time of possession and won the turnover battle 3-0.  I will give the Browns a little props for not completely imploding after that train wreck of a 1st quarter, but to say they outplayed the Patriots today just doesn't pass the sniff test. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Oh, come on.  The Patriots had more first downs, more total yards, won the time of possession and won the turnover battle 3-0.  I will give the Browns a little props for not completely imploding after that train wreck of a 1st quarter, but to say they outplayed the Patriots today just doesn't pass the sniff test. 

I thought I posted it before but apparently I didnt. We lost because of turnovers and penalties. We also outplayed them. Both of these things can be true. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lod001 said:

One would be hard pressed to find a dumber drawn up play. Once again dumb coaches trying to be tricky. That was just the dumbest of dumb plays. It had absolutely no chance.

The fact that the play exists in their playbook tells me they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Both Green Bay and Kansas City have scored tonight with the same basic play.  Many teams are running variants of it.  Like anything else, it comes down to execution.

Edited by Galileo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitchens is in over his head, alarmingly even, but then there's just the usual influx of weird, dumb Browns-y stuff in that game that makes no sense.

Chubb and Bitonio, two of our more dependable players, having games like that is just a killer and not on coaches.

Edited by franchise punter
asdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

wow "Snatching the Defeat from the jaws of Victory!" 

That was the 3rd Browns game I ever attended, it was the season opener.  After the game everyone was just walking around saying wtf? The 2nd game I went to was the previous season vs Jax....also known as bottlegate.  I don't go to many games anymore 🤣

Edited by arctic_panzer_wolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, franchise punter said:

Kitchens is in over his head, alarmingly even, but then there's just the usual influx of weird, dumb Browns-y stuff in that game that makes no sense.

Chubb and Bitonio, two of our more dependable players, having games like that is just a killer and not on coaches.

I don't think I've ever seen a linemen flip in the air and kick the ball out of his RBs hands....only the Browns.  This season is the most disappointed I've been since they choked away the playoff game to Pitt in 02'.  Every season between then and now has been crap other than 07'.....and they still managed to choke away a game to Cincy to help them miss the playoffs at 10-6 😑

Edited by arctic_panzer_wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

@DaveSpa57

Wait wait wait...they actual told Hodge to jump offsides so they didnt have to run a timeout that way they could go for it??? WTF?!

 

14 hours ago, amnesiac said:

Kitchens seems to throw the challenge flag based purely on emotion.  

Kichens:  Challenge that PI call.  

Coach the last 20 challenges of PI calls have failed.

Challenge it anyway because I want to make a point.

Coach if you challenge you will not only lose the challenge but later in the game you won't have a challenge and you also lose a time out.

Challenge that call.

Cleveland has challenged the call on the field and lost again.  Will Freddie Kitchens learn or will he keep losing challenges?

---------------------------------

Daryl Ruiter

So false start in 4th & 11, with punt unit, Freddie pulls them puts offense out for 4th & 16. Baker sacked. Nathan Zegura just reported, #Browns deliberately false started so the offense could return to the field because Kitchens didn't want to burn final timeout. Clown show.

4:13 PM - 27 Oct 2019

-----------------------------------

Kitchens on 4th and 11.

Put the punt team out their.

Wait a second what is the punt team doing out their?  I want to go for it.

Have that guy 'INTENTIONALLY' false start so we get a penalty so I can put the offense back out their without blowing a time out.

4th and 16.

Now that is better than 4th and 11.  Go for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Galileo said:

Both Green Bay and Kansas City have scored tonight with the same basic play.  Many teams are running variants of it.  Like anything else, it comes down to execution.

Lots of stupid plays have scored TDs. This play is stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Oh, come on.  The Patriots had more first downs, more total yards, won the time of possession and won the turnover battle 3-0.  I will give the Browns a little props for not completely imploding after that train wreck of a 1st quarter, but to say they outplayed the Patriots today just doesn't pass the sniff test. 

They were in the game even with the 1st quarter debacle.  I'm not going to say the Browns outplayed them, but that says alot.  This team just can't get out of their own way.  The Pats were far from impressive yesterday.  I don't believe for a second they went into cruise control when it was 17-0 either. 

The big play nobody will talk about was the 3rd n 10 screen to White.  That's being totally out coached and the Pats making perfect in-game adjustments.  They went 10 and we brought a DB like we had been most of the game and they let our ends pin their ears back wide.  Nobody in the front recognized anything.  Burris seems like he read the play, but then pauses at the underneath route for no good reason when he was working over to the screen side.  He ended up being too late.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put simply, we need a little zig in our zag once in a while.  I don't see that enough.  On both sides of the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Palmer‏Verified account @JamesPalmerTV

Browns trade DE/LB Genard Avery to Eagles

12:05 PM - 28 Oct 2019

--------------------------------------

Jimmy Donovan reported on the  news it is thought to be for a 2021 4th round pick.  

---------------------------------------

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero

The #Redskins have told other teams they have a second-round pick on the table for LT Trent Williams. So it appears they’re holding out for a first-rounder.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

Sources: The #Redskins are now open to dealing star LT Trent Williams. They have begun the process of looking at potential suitors, and the #Browns have been one. Unclear how high they set the asking price, but they’ll at least listen.

1:41 PM - 28 Oct 2019

Edited by Bracie Smathers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

They were in the game even with the 1st quarter debacle.  I'm not going to say the Browns outplayed them, but that says alot.  This team just can't get out of their own way.  The Pats were far from impressive yesterday.  I don't believe for a second they went into cruise control when it was 17-0 either. 

The big play nobody will talk about was the 3rd n 10 screen to White.  That's being totally out coached and the Pats making perfect in-game adjustments.  They went 10 and we brought a DB like we had been most of the game and they let our ends pin their ears back wide.  Nobody in the front recognized anything.  Burris seems like he read the play, but then pauses at the underneath route for no good reason when he was working over to the screen side.  He ended up being too late.  

Huge play and spot on, totally coaching. Our defense had been getting after it all game, what's the easiest way to slow them down? Draw or a screen. I believe they ran a draw on the next play or right after the next play.

I don't want Williams at this point, #### Washington. Sunday showed we can run the damn ball all day long. Quit forcing the ball to Odell and let Mayfield create like he did last year. Feed Chubb the ball, let him get 150-200 a game and dink & dunk your way to victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From an ESPN article:

"The Browns are more disorganized than dangerous, and they're one of the season's bigger mysteries when it comes to the up-and-down play of Mayfield and less-than-starry numbers from Beckham. The roster suggests something much finer than a 2-5 start, but the Browns can't get out of their own way -- and it can't be blamed entirely on the offensive line. The Patriots are missing people up and down their front five and lack for stars, but they keep Tom Brady safe game after game. Cleveland lacks the weekly preparation and discipline to eliminate mistakes. They might be closer to that Niners team from a season ago, minus the injury excuses. There is the glimmer of a bright future, yes, but nothing comes handed to you on a silver platter in the NFL. Lesser rosters have toppled Cleveland time and again in 2019."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.