Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

4 hours ago, Peak said:

I don't disagree, but look at Redwine. He was not ready. He's not a strong safety. They only have CBs. There is no one in the roster that can play SS adaquately. If he's good to play, I don't see why not? He's the only vet I can think of right now. I'm open to others, but I feel we need a vet presence in the backfield.

What did you see out of Redwine that made you think he can't play strong? I dont know if he can or can't. I just didn't see anything to indicate one way or the other. 

16 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

What did you see out of Redwine that made you think he can't play strong? I dont know if he can or can't. I just didn't see anything to indicate one way or the other. 

I thought he looked too tentative. He didn't play near the line. He gave up too much room on coverage. He just didn't look confident. Maybe it was first game jitters. Maybe it was the scheme. I don't know. But everything I've heard is that the SS is a leader in Wilks scheme, and I don't feel confident Redwine could do that right now.  

Just now, Peak said:

I thought he looked too tentative. He didn't play near the line. He gave up too much room on coverage. He just didn't look confident. Maybe it was first game jitters. Maybe it was the scheme. I don't know. But everything I've heard is that the SS is a leader in Wilks scheme, and I don't feel confident Redwine could do that right now.  

To be fair, he hasn't gotten any reps. I don't think expecting him to hit the field mid game and be the alpha of the secondary is a fair expectation. In fact, i would argue most of those criticisms were by design. Given the circumstances, dont put him in a position to give up a big play would be what I expect out of Wilks. 

• Thanks 1

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 5h5 hours ago

The draft pick that the Browns received from Houston in the Duke Johnson trade officially will become a 3rd-round pick today:

-----------------------------------

:thumbup:

• Like 1

soooo...

Miami.  at home.  seriously should be a win. right?  5-6

at Steelers.  they will want revenge.  home field. 

but... really the Browns are the better team.  no Pouncey.  should be a closely called game. they should win this game but hard to say.  

IF they pull it off:  6-6

then at home against the Bengals, seriously??

no reason they can’t be 7-6 in a few weeks. 

at Cardinals:  3-7-1 IF they roll into Arizona on a 4 game winning streak?  

I know it sounds crazy, but then Baltimore at home. the Ravens are on a roll, but it’s at home?

week 17 at the Bengals, you really think they are going to care?

they could run the table and end up 10-6.  

will it happen?  probably not.  

but 8-8, 9-7, we need to give Kitchens another year. 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 4:11 PM, MAC_32 said:

I do not understand why this is the battle you all are picking.

For my part, I like firing up @ghostguy123

I've already said I'm good with Garrett's suspension for the year. Indefinite is stupid and I think that will be walked back. My angst lies with Rudolph walking away with a $35k fine. Should have got 2 games.

12 hours ago, amnesiac said:

but 8-8, 9-7, we need to give Kitchens another year. 

That's where I'm at. I'll reserve judgement on Freddie to see how he handles the rest of the year but firing a coach every other year doesn't = success. We have to stick with someone eventually and Hue set precedent. If you're not firing that goof after 1-31 or whatever the hell it was Freddie can come back for round 2.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

For my part, I like firing up @ghostguy123

I've already said I'm good with Garrett's suspension for the year. Indefinite is stupid and I think that will be walked back. My angst lies with Rudolph walking away with a $35k fine. Should have got 2 games.

From the NFL's perspective indefinite is not stupid. If they set the timeline now then that becomes the talking point. By not setting the timeline there's nothing for those crying for more to complain about - because it could be more (it's not). Then they pick the time in the offseason to rip this bandaid off and reinstate him. Deal with whatever blow back comes at that time then when the next news cycle kicks in all is forgotten.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MAC_32 said:

From the NFL's perspective indefinite is not stupid. If they set the timeline now then that becomes the talking point. By not setting the timeline there's nothing for those crying for more to complain about - because it could be more (it's not). Then they pick the time in the offseason to rip this bandaid off and reinstate him. Deal with whatever blow back comes at that time then when the next news cycle kicks in all is forgotten.

Yea but I didn't think they had the right to suspend indefinitely for on the field incidents? That was my point. The amount of wokeness/butt hurt from this incident is off the charts I jsut didn't think they could do it per the CBA.

2 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Yea but I didn't think they had the right to suspend indefinitely for on the field incidents? That was my point. The amount of wokeness/butt hurt from this incident is off the charts I jsut didn't think they could do it per the CBA.

I'm curious where from the CBA that stems from. My understanding is the guidelines are intentionally vague, which allows for optics play a role. So, the NFL certainly has the right to and given all the blow back making this thing go away was in their best interests. I get why someone wouldn't like that, but if that's the case then that's an issue to take with the players. Tell them not to cave so easily in negotiations next time around.

• Like 1

Garrett thread on the fourth page already. 

that cooled down much quicker than i thought it would.  

Edited by amnesiac

1 hour ago, amnesiac said:

Garrett thread on the fourth page already. 

that cooled down much quicker than i thought it would.  

Yep.  That's what happens to wildly emotional responses.  We'll see what his suspension becomes when the emotion subsides...

after Tomlin’s statement today, i gotta say, you need to give a stand up guy like Tomlin the benefit of the doubt:

accidents happen

I didn't watch all of last week's game but did Chubb get hurt? I read on FBG's app that he was spotted on the sideline stretching his groin out and tweaked something holding his upper leg.  They had 10 days rest, but with Hunt playing so well in the passing game is Chubb a deadline redraft sell?

Chubb, Barkley, Henry - ROS rankings. (Week 14-16 primarily)

1 hour ago, Gottabesweet said:

I didn't watch all of last week's game but did Chubb get hurt? I read on FBG's app that he was spotted on the sideline stretching his groin out and tweaked something holding his upper leg.  They had 10 days rest, but with Hunt playing so well in the passing game is Chubb a deadline redraft sell?

Chubb, Barkley, Henry - ROS rankings. (Week 14-16 primarily)

Chubb tweaked something toward the end of the game. He had a bit of a limp coming off the field but it was late in the game (I think) and didn't appear serious. Haven't heard anything more about it from local radio so I'd say your good to keep him.

11 hours ago, amnesiac said:

after Tomlin’s statement today, i gotta say, you need to give a stand up guy like Tomlin the benefit of the doubt:

What a #####' thing to say but then Stillers gonna Stiller. Rivalry flipped to: ON

Are you guys referring to this?

One question that was asked was if his team could learn anything from what happened at the end of the Browns game. His response was simply, “No.” When the next question was “Why?” Tomlin responded with:

”Because I don’t know if we did anything to make it happen in the first place.”

Quite a leader right there.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:00 PM, amnesiac said:

at Cardinals:  3-7-1

Problem game right here.

I'm not counting the Steelers rematch as an auto win, but this is the one I have circled as the game likely to cool the mood prior to the next Ravens game.

1 hour ago, beer 30 said:

Chubb tweaked something toward the end of the game. He had a bit of a limp coming off the field but it was late in the game (I think) and didn't appear serious. Haven't heard anything more about it from local radio so I'd say your good to keep him.

Thanks - Tough to figure out the Chubb/Hunt situation. I just worry that Chubb is now volume and TD dependent.

46 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Problem game right here.

I'm not counting the Steelers rematch as an auto win, but this is the one I have circled as the game likely to cool the mood prior to the next Ravens game.

I'm not worried one bit about Baker vs. Kingsbury - the bad blood is thick on that one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Thanks - Tough to figure out the Chubb/Hunt situation. I just worry that Chubb is now volume and TD dependent.

I'd start Chubb and not look back. Hunt is cutting into his production but Chubb is gonna get 100 yards and probably break one for a TD on a pretty regular basis. I don't see the Browns going away from him as their workhorse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beer 30 said:

I'd start Chubb and not look back. Hunt is cutting into his production but Chubb is gonna get 100 yards and probably break one for a TD on a pretty regular basis. I don't see the Browns going away from him as their workhorse.

I agree, I'm basically deciding between Chubb,OBJ,Henry (2 of 3) Chubb seems very similar to Henry now, except Henry is more productive in the red-zone lately.  The Browns have been getting stuffed inside the 5.

I was offered Barkley for Henry or Chubb and it's tempting but i'll probably stay put, as crazy as that sounds?

Chubb ran all over Buffalo and did well vs Pittsburgh but the designed screens are now all Hunt's - Chubb was getting like 1-2 a game before that.

Hunt is sustaining drives though and I see that and the schedule for the Browns trending up.

11 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I agree, I'm basically deciding between Chubb,OBJ,Henry (2 of 3) Chubb seems very similar to Henry now, except Henry is more productive in the red-zone lately.  The Browns have been getting stuffed inside the 5.

I was offered Barkley for Henry or Chubb and it's tempting but i'll probably stay put, as crazy as that sounds?

Chubb ran all over Buffalo and did well vs Pittsburgh but the designed screens are now all Hunt's - Chubb was getting like 1-2 a game before that.

Hunt is sustaining drives though and I see that and the schedule for the Browns trending up.

I'm a fan that doesn't play FF any more so take my advice with a grain of salt. Chubb wasn't our pass catcher out of the backfield anyhow. Yea he did it but that's not his forte'. It is with Hunt which gives us the ability to have both on the field at the same time. If anyone's production is suffering from Hunt being on the field I'd think it's the WR corp more than Chubb. Having Hunt out there actually benefits Chubb IMO because it's one more legit body they have to cover.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I'm not worried one bit about Baker vs. Kingsbury - the bad blood is thick on that one.

I'm not worried about Baker in that game either.  

Mike Tomlin comments on Steelers-Browns fight: 'I don’t know if we did anything to make it happen in the first place'

The Steelers head coach told media after Thursday night’s game he would “keep my thoughts to myself” since everyone saw what happened between Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett and Steelers quarterback Mason Rudoph. Tomlin let it fly a little bit on Tuesday, and indicated the brawl was squarely the fault of the Browns...

NFL should also discipline Mason Rudolph for his role in fight

...what sparked the incident, Rudolph said, “I got sacked, we exchanged some words, he kept keeping on and one thing led to another. You can go back and watch the tape if you want and make your own assumptions.”

...Rudolph came across as rather smug during his postgame news conference, when he blasted Garrett as a “coward” and deemed the actions as “bush league.” But he was honest enough to admit that he had “a bone to pick” with Garrett, which in layman’s terms means “fight.”

In a World Where You Can Choose to Be Anything, Choose to Be Kind

Change the narrative from  Bob Marley - Stir it up  to  Positive Vibration  

If you get down and you quarrel everyday,
You're saying prayers to the devils, I say. Wo-oh-ooh!
Why not help one another on the way?
Make it much easier. (Just a little bit easier)

What precipitated the whole thing was the late hit on Rudolph and Garrett taking his time getting off of him.  Rudolph does grab Garrett's helmet and if want to suspend him for that I have no problem with it but anyone trying to justify Garrett's actions is crazy. 

Garrett could (and should) have just gotten up and walked away.  He still had his helmet on, the game was over, and the Browns had a nice win but the thug in him took over.  It is going to  cost him the rest of the season, which seems appropriate for what he did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

What precipitated the whole thing was the late hit on Rudolph and Garrett taking his time getting off of him.  Rudolph does grab Garrett's helmet and if want to suspend him for that I have no problem with it but anyone trying to justify Garrett's actions is crazy. 

Garrett could (and should) have just gotten up and walked away.  He still had his helmet on, the game was over, and the Browns had a nice win but the thug in him took over.  It is going to  cost him the rest of the season, which seems appropriate for what he did.

no one is defending Garrett’s actions. 

personally i'm just looking for Rudolph to own his actions, which involved multiple interactions with Garrett’s junk.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

no one is defending Garrett’s actions. 

personally i'm just looking for Rudolph to own his actions, which involved multiple interactions with Garrett’s junk.  

Same, it's amazing he gets off with only a fine and three other's are missing games.

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

Many don't think there was a late hit, including the refs.  That said, there is no point to really debate it since nobody is changing their minds at this point.  

Just like Myles could and should have got up and walked away, Mason could and should have done the same.  Myles was tied up by DeCastro and not trying to get back to Mason, and then Mason charged when he got to his feet escalating it again.

I am not defending what Myles did at that point or arguing the severity of the punishment.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Many don't think there was a late hit, including the refs.  That said, there is no point to really debate it since nobody is changing their minds at this point.  

Just like Myles could and should have got up and walked away, Mason could and should have done the same.  Myles was tied up by DeCastro and not trying to get back to Mason, and then Mason charged when he got to his feet escalating it again.

I am not defending what Myles did at that point or arguing the severity of the punishment.  

Fair enough :hifive:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NEWS ARTICLES > DAVID NJOKU: FEELS READY TO PLAY

PUBLISHED WED NOV 20 2:37:48 P.M. ET 2019 

(RotoWire) Njoku (wrist) said Wednesday that he feels healthy enough to suit up against the Dolphins on Sunday, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.

Analysis: Njoku was cleared for full contact in his return to practice Wednesday, and the Browns have officially designated him as one of two players eligible to return from IR. The third-year pro appears to have a fair shot at retaking the field versus Miami on Sunday, in which case he'd reprise his role as Cleveland's No. 1 tight end, but the team could also opt to ease Njoku back into action and roll with Ricky Seals-Jones, Demetrius Harris, Pharaoh Brown and Stephen Carlson for another week. Njoku underwent wrist surgery about a month ago to expedite his recovery process, according to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal.

3 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

I think its ok to talk about  the play now in a reasonable manner and I have to agree on many points of this Pittsburgh writer.

John Steigerwald: Steelers QB Mason Rudolph shouldn’t get off so easily in Myles Garrett fight

...Let’s go to the video tape and see what actually happened.

There are 13 seconds left in the game, and the Browns are leading 21-7. The Steelers are on their own 17-yard line, and, for some reason, they tried to gain yardage with a pass to Trey Edmunds.

Here’s something that didn’t happen, contrary to what many — if not most people — on this side of the Pennsylvania-Ohio border would have you believe: Garrett did not take a cheap shot at Rudolph. He wrapped Rudolph up with a bear hug a split second after the ball was released to Edmunds, standing a few feet away in the backfield.

Garrett didn’t drive Rudolph into the turf. He fell and pulled Rudolph on top of him, which takes us to something else that didn’t happen.

There was no flag on the play.

Garrett did not lie on top of Rudolph and prevent him from getting up. As Garrett was trying to get up, Rudolph was grabbing his helmet, apparently trying to twist it off.

I used to play RDE, same position as Garrett and if you don't want to hurt a QB you bear hug them and don't drive them into the ground but instead wrap them up and pull them down on your body to shield them from even hitting the turf.

I don't agree with some of the other points and feel the worst possible penalty to inflict on the Steelers is to make Rudolph available so he continues to start so speaking as a Browns fan I do not want him suspended.

The penalties/fines/suspensions given were all in line with how the events unfolded. At the end of the day, the Browns gonna Brown.... 

Per Rappaport: Larry O's 1 game suspension has been upheld.  He will miss the Dolphins game this week.  However, his $10k fine has been rescinded.

Other appeal results expected today or tomorrow.

I'm concerned about this game. I'm concerned the team isn't focused on them and instead have their focus on the week after. Should those concerns come to fruition I will no longer stand in the way of those who've had Freddie's head on a pitchfork for weeks. I obviously hope those concerns end up unfounded though.

21 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I'm concerned about this game. I'm concerned the team isn't focused on them and instead have their focus on the week after. Should those concerns come to fruition I will no longer stand in the way of those who've had Freddie's head on a pitchfork for weeks. I obviously hope those concerns end up unfounded though.

true.  their focus during the Miami game will be indicative of how the head coach is leading this team.  

27 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

If your team can't dominate the Dolphins.....pack it in. 

We stink. We have no OL or DL. This should be a big blowout and a fantasy feast for Chubb, Landry, OBJ, Hunt and Mayfield. Like 30-13 type of score....maybe worse. 

1 minute ago, Todem said:

If your team can't dominate the Dolphins.....pack it in. 

We stink. We have no OL or DL. This should be a big blowout and a fantasy feast for Chubb, Landry, OBJ, Hunt and Mayfield. Like 30-13 type of score....maybe worse. 

I'm not worried about the offense. It's the defense. It's Sheldon Richardson, Joe Schobert, and Demarious Randall with a bunch of kids and journeymen. Control the ball and minimize the number of possessions then the margin for error isn't big. If the defense comes out fired up then I think you're right because from an X's and O'x perspective this is a major mismatch. I have just developed a lack of trust in this team when it comes to anything neck-up. This will be the test on whether that's actually been on Kitchens as many have said or if he had just been collateral damage to a bigger problem.

the NFL’s actions should surprise no one.  

Pouncey is suspended just long enough to miss the Cleveland v Pittsburgh game. 

Garrett is suspended “indefinitely” OR until the Browns are eliminated from the playoffs.  

same old NFL, maximize profits, minimize PR backlash. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, amnesiac said:

Garrett is suspended “indefinitely” OR until the Browns are eliminated from the playoffs.  

I thought Garretts suspension was at least through the end of this season?

7 hours ago, amnesiac said:

I am curious to know how you think the NFL should have handled the situation

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I am curious to know how you think the NFL should have handled the situation

they should have picked a specific number of games for an on the field offense, per the collective bargaining agreement.  (say, 4-6)

Pouncey’s suspension was intentionally heavy so they could back it off a game and have him miss the rematch.  should’ve been two games from the get go and leave it where it was.  

personally, i would’ve given Rudolph a game too,  but that’s a bad look on the league for a guy that got brained with his own helmet.  

• Like 3

On 8/9/2019 at 7:20 PM, Bracie Smathers said:

Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi could possibly turn into a great story. 

A few months ago Sheehy was homeless. 

He saw an opportunity and talked his way into a workout.

By hook and crook he made his way onto the camp roster.

Last night he had an 85 yard punt return in his first NFL game. 

A few hours later he was the only player at the complex lifting weights.

--------------------------------------------------

Warren Sharp‏Verified account @SharpFootball 20h20 hours ago

Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi's pro journey Crashed a workout in MIA + Ran a 4.38 + Received invite to CLE tryout + Lived/slept in a 24-hr gym via guest passes + Charged phone in laundromat + ate 1-2x/day at random cookouts = 85-yd return TD in 1st gm as a Brown

---------------------------------------------------

Steve Doerschuk‏ @sdoerschukREPe

#BrownsatWork If you would have swung by the team complex between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., you would have found a security guard up front and Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi in the weight room.

2:56 PM - 9 Aug 2019

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo

Former #Browns WR Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi, who became a preseason storyline with his 86-yard punt return and his story of talking his way into a workout with Cleveland, was drafted by the @XFLGuardians.

12:50 PM - 22 Nov 2019

-------------------------------------

Good to see he will be playing somewhere.  Kid's story is epic something from nothing based on hard work.  :thumbup:  

Hope he makes the most of his opportunity, I know he'll work hard.

Great game!  Looked to me like the best they have played since Bal.  Just in time for Steelers week.  Go Browns!

what little of the game i watched, they didn’t seem to play particularly well.  

Miami is an embarrassment.  

Browns won purely on the talent gap alone.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

The Browns are a very talented team.   The Pburgh D will be a much better test than the worst team in the league but the Browns should roll the Steelers.   

36 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

I expected to see a steady, unspectacular win, like the Jets game, so they exceeded my expectations.  Still, there were things missing that would have made them look elite.  I'm not sure if the pass rush was inhibited without Garrett & O-gun, or if they decided to keep Fitz in the pocket, but I wanted more pressure.  Another thing that was absent was long runs.  If they had broken a couple, we'd all be impressed.  Five ypa ain't bad.

I'm very confused about the negativity surrounding yesterday's win.