Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

3 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Then don't go down that route, just go on objective results and the results aren't good and he was the pivot personnel man with Sashi.

I'll link the report below.

You may lump in Sashi's decisions with Berry, but it doesn't make it fact. It's logic fallacy.

I appreciate the link though. I'll try to remember to give it a listen tonight.

5 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Slowing down here boss :thumbup:

Ok...go ahead and speed back up.  :loco:

Wolf and Browns mutually agree to part ways

I guess there was an attempt made to retain him today by Berry, but the two groups couldn't come to an agreement.  

1 hour ago, amnesiac said:

Alex Van Pelt?

umm...

FWIW, Apparently Aaron Rodgers was miffed when they let him go as GB's QB coach.

When it's all said & done, I'd like to see Haslam say, "The people are in place.  They all have 5-yr contracts.  There will be no more changes.  I'm stepping out of the picture until 2025. Period."

• Laughing 1

7 hours ago, daveR said:

When it's all said & done, I'd like to see Haslam say, "The people are in place.  They all have 5-yr contracts.  There will be no more changes.  I'm stepping out of the picture until 2025. Period."

my understanding is that they all now report DIRECTLY to Haslam.  

he’s not going to be less involved, he’s going to be MORE involved. 

just watch.  if the Browns aren’t in the playoffs next year, he’s gonna fire everyone again.  because he can’t admit that the problem is HIM.  

11 hours ago, daveR said:

I'd like to hit the lottery and own an actual unicorn. I imagine the odds of both of those things happening are better than the odds of what you proposed.

• Laughing 1

Neil Stratton@InsideTheLeague

Multiple sources tell us #Jaguars Director of Player Personnel Chris Polian is no longer w/the team. Polian has also served w/the #Falcons (as exec scout) & #Colts (as GM). He's a possibility to resurface w/the #Browns; he worked w/new GM Andrew Berry while w/@Colts 

Greg Richards @igglesnut

Not sure if this was one of your sources or not, but this pretty much confirms it. Agent Bob Lamonte's client list which says Polian is the Former Director of Player Personnel of the Jaguars: https://psr-inc.net/clients/

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes he is Bill Polian's kid so we lost Ron Wolf's kid and 'apparently' are getting Bill's kid. 

Don't know a thing about him other than he's linked to Andrew Berry as a possible Player Personnel guy.

"he worked w/new GM Andrew Berry while w/@Colts"

So no offensive line picks :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Y'all should stop confusing the actions of decision maker's with those of subordinates.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Y'all should stop confusing the actions of decision maker's with those of subordinates.

Y'all should lighten up and realize I don't have a ####### clue what I'm talking about :thumbup:

• Laughing 3

49 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Chris Polian is an American football executive. He was the vice president and general manager of the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League from 2009 to 2011.

On November 27, 2009, he was promoted by Colts owner Jim Irsay to his position. He had previously served in other roles in the Colts football operations. He concurrently extended his contract through the 2012 season.[1] His father was the President of the team, Bill Polian.[2] Both Polians were fired by Irsay following the 2011 season in which the team posted a 2–14 record

1st round pick #22 Anthony Castonzo T Boston College

2nd round pick #49 Benjamin Ijalana T Villanova

Both are still playing and Constonzo is coming off a very good year, Ijalana was placed on IR but interesting he is playing for the Jags and Polian was with the Jags and he was the GM when Ijalana was taken.

We hired Stefanski for the scheme that suits our current skill positions on offense.  That scheme is highly dependent on zone blocking, both inside and outside zone.  Outside zone  requires tackles with great feet who are athletic enough to flow and perform almost dancer moves quickly.  

This draft is reported to be deep at OT and if we are going to adapt zone blocking we're going to need tackles.

1 minute ago, beer 30 said:

Y'all should lighten up and realize I don't have a ####### clue what I'm talking about :thumbup:

:D

32 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Chris Polian is an American football executive. He was the vice president and general manager of the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League from 2009 to 2011.

On November 27, 2009, he was promoted by Colts owner Jim Irsay to his position. He had previously served in other roles in the Colts football operations. He concurrently extended his contract through the 2012 season.[1] His father was the President of the team, Bill Polian.[2] Both Polians were fired by Irsay following the 2011 season in which the team posted a 2–14 record

1st round pick #22 Anthony Castonzo T Boston College

2nd round pick #49 Benjamin Ijalana T Villanova

Both are still playing and Constonzo is coming off a very good year, Ijalana was placed on IR but interesting he is playing for the Jags and Polian was with the Jags and he was the GM when Ijalana was taken.

We hired Stefanski for the scheme that suits our current skill positions on offense.  That scheme is highly dependent on zone blocking, both inside and outside zone.  Outside zone  requires tackles with great feet who are athletic enough to flow and perform almost dancer moves quickly.  

This draft is reported to be deep at OT and if we are going to adapt zone blocking we're going to need tackles.

:D

See? I rest my case...against...myself :loco:

Breaking.

History making hire for the Browns.

She's got the name  for the job.

Browns hire Callie Brownson as Chief of Staff, first female in that role

33 seconds ago

The Cleveland Browns made some progressive history on Friday. In hiring Callie Brownson as the tams’ Chief of Staff under head coach Kevin Stefanski, they made her the first female ever to earn that position in pro sports...

Go to link for full read.

• Like 2

that’s cool. 

cant say i ever recall of hearing of that position before?

what are her duties?

41 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

:useless:

The article has a pic. Picture a white dude throwing a football and you got it.

11 hours ago, amnesiac said:

cant say i ever recall of hearing of that position before?

what are her duties?

That is an excellent question.  I also had never heard of the  position before but Stefanski got his start with the Vikings in the same role.  Here is what I found.

----------------------------------------------

Alec Hayes @ayhayes -- what does a football chief of staff do?

birdsafterhours @birdsafterhours -- In all honestly, it may depend on how large the Quality Control/Analytics staff is. You can have a lot of people gathering information but the lead/CoS gains consensus and establishes a cohesive approach to analytics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the 'general' description of the responsibilities of a Chief Of Staff.

What Are a Chief of Staff’s Responsibilities?

1. Serving as strategic advisor and counsel to leaders
  2. Assuming day-to-day responsibility for projects and tasks
  3. Creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success

...- The right chief of staff has the skill and experience to integrate themselves into an organization quickly and assess issues that serve as barriers to a team or organization operating at maximum effectiveness. By taking on day-to-day tasks, an effective Chief of Staff is building a level of trust with her leader and enabling her boss to focus on larger strategic organizational initiatives...

More insight from Callie and Stefanski on her duties with the team.

Callie Brownson named Chief of Staff for Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanski

..."It's very involved in every aspect of a football operation," Stefanski said. "Callie is uniquely situated where she can go interact with football ops or PR or the locker room or the equipment room. She's really the liaison to the rest of the building for me. I'm going to lean on her heavily and already have. 

... ultimately I want to develop young coaches. She's someone that has worked on the offensive side of the ball, worked on special teams, has a great knowledge of the game and I want to let her expand that knowledge and develop her as a head coach."

...Brownson landed her first full-time coaching job in 2018 as an offensive quality control coach under Buddy Teevens at Dartmouth...

...in a position like this, you're not privy to some other position on the coaching staff. You're right outside. You're involved in every little operational aspect that has to do with his schedule and his decisions that he's making," Brownson said. "You're starting at the bare bones of creating a program. It's not just hiring staff, it's 'How do we want to run our offseason program? How do we make sure that this staff is given everything that they need from a programming perspective to then make sure that our guys are prepared and ready to play?' 

"It's the bare bones stuff, and that is something that I'm going to be actively involved in creating with him. Everything from the creative content around the building, the sayings that the players see on the wall and murals, the design is going to be all based off of his vision and being able to be a part of that is an education and experience you don't get in these other positions."

Sounds like she will be the primary go-between within the organization among Stefanski's staff/coaches and it sounds like Stefanski wants to develop young coaches and she has coached so it sounds like she will assist him in that capacity and from the wording it 'seems' like he wants to groom her as an NFL coach which could be very interesting if this whole thing works out and she sounds like she's got a chance.

Found the Dartmouth tidbit interesting, she didn't go to Dartmouth but coached their so she's got the Ivy league connection.

Edited by Bracie Smathers

Sounds like what they used to call a "right hand man".  That is, somebody to offload a lot of stuff onto.

On 2/2/2020 at 7:40 AM, daveR said:

Sounds like what they used to call a "right hand man".  That is, somebody to offload a lot of stuff onto.

Sounds like a starter role to learn the art of coaching in the NFL.  Good for her.

Officially announced Joe Woods as DC and Fred Pagac as LB coach.  Both were on MIN DEF staff, as well as Kubiaks staff in DEN - learning under Wade Phillps.  More alignment within the coaching ranks.  Pretty good hires that already know each other, the coaching philosophy and how to coach/teach it on Day 1. 

20 hours ago, Peak said:

Officially announced Joe Woods as DC and Fred Pagac as LB coach.  Both were on MIN DEF staff, as well as Kubiaks staff in DEN - learning under Wade Phillps.  More alignment within the coaching ranks.  Pretty good hires that already know each other, the coaching philosophy and how to coach/teach it on Day 1. 

We saw the Niners play a ton of zone but Woods didn't have Denzel and Greedy.

He had Richard Sherman who can't play man.  >>>  Richard Sherman trying to play man as a piece of toast

The big advantage he had was 4-first round picks, three  in the  top-3 selections plus they added DE Dee Ford to create the most dominant D-Line in the game today so they could 'get away' with a corner like Richard Sherman playing zone until that weakness got exposed.

2015 - 1st  round pick#17 Arik Armstead DT Oregon

2016 - 1st round pick #7 DeForest Buckner DE Oregon

2017 - 1st round pick #3 Solomon Thomas DE Stanford

2019 - 1st round pick #2 Nick Bosa DE Ohio State

We need at least one more pass rusher and Dorsey was trying to add another dominant DT.  We're going to lose Randall at FS and Kirko at LB which was already thin so we need a FS and a LB who can play but we've got Myles and corners who can play press-man.

The defense is much more open to change depending on what we  do in FA and the draft and what Woods brings as a coaching strength.   

34 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

We need at least one more pass rusher and Dorsey was trying to add another dominant DT.  We're going to lose Randall at FS and Kirko at LB which was already thin so we need a FS and a LB who can play but we've got Myles and corners who can play press-man.

The defense is much more open to change depending on what we  do in FA and the draft and what Woods brings as a coaching strength.   

I wrote back in December how important prioritization is going to be in approaching this offseason. You're hinting at it here. Not everything is going to be fixed in March and April. There will be some calculated risks and I'm very curious where they will be taken. Because we need help at all of FS, DE, DT, ILB, SS, and CB3. And we already have piles of money devoted to the defense.

If I had to guess I think those risks will be at SS (hope one of Burris or Redwine takes a big step up with a rehabbing Burnett as the fall back), ILB (use the savings from cutting Carrie/Kirksey to retain Schobert but don't do anything else of consequence), one of the OT's (Lamm vs. Forbes with Hubbard as a fall back), and OG (hope Teller keeps developing, use the loser of Lamm/Forbes as plan B, and intend to add someone in the middle rounds). I think the extent of the priority capital on the OL will be spent round 1 of the draft. I think Browns fans will be pissed about it, but given all of the holes (I didn't even mention TE) I think those would be unreasonable complaints.

So all of that would leave $50 mil in cap space to infuse talent at FS (isn't anyone there), DE (Vernon expires at year's end and there isn't anything behind him), DT (Ogunjobi expires at year's end and there isn't anyone behind him), and CB3 (Mitchell expires at year's end and there isn't anyone behind him). Depending on what happens with the CBA it may be wise to use it all. But we probably can't target anyone that we'd have to lock up for more than 2 years with so many rookie deals ending soon. So none of those adds will be tier 1 free agents. They'll probably be tier 3's. Cause tier 1's get retained then tier 2's that actually get to free agency get paid like tier 1's.

7 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I wrote back in December how important prioritization is going to be in approaching this offseason. You're hinting at it here. Not everything is going to be fixed in March and April. There will be some calculated risks and I'm very curious where they will be taken. Because we need help at all of FS, DE, DT, ILB, SS, and CB3. And we already have piles of money devoted to the defense.

If I had to guess I think those risks will be at SS (hope one of Burris or Redwine takes a big step up with a rehabbing Burnett as the fall back), ILB (use the savings from cutting Carrie/Kirksey to retain Schobert but don't do anything else of consequence), one of the OT's (Lamm vs. Forbes with Hubbard as a fall back), and OG (hope Teller keeps developing, use the loser of Lamm/Forbes as plan B, and intend to add someone in the middle rounds). I think the extent of the priority capital on the OL will be spent round 1 of the draft. I think Browns fans will be pissed about it, but given all of the holes (I didn't even mention TE) I think those would be unreasonable complaints.

So all of that would leave $50 mil in cap space to infuse talent at FS (isn't anyone there), DE (Vernon expires at year's end and there isn't anything behind him), DT (Ogunjobi expires at year's end and there isn't anyone behind him), and CB3 (Mitchell expires at year's end and there isn't anyone behind him). Depending on what happens with the CBA it may be wise to use it all. But we probably can't target anyone that we'd have to lock up for more than 2 years with so many rookie deals ending soon. So none of those adds will be tier 1 free agents. They'll probably be tier 3's. Cause tier 1's get retained then tier 2's that actually get to free agency get paid like tier 1's.

FA never goes how I anticipate but the first signing we made after Berry came on board was a FB, something Stefanski said he was going to utilize.  

The cap will get  squeezed soon so I expect strategic FA signings to fill some holes in the outside zone on offense and I have no clue what Woods needs to run his scheme but I don't think we're going to get a big high profile defender, maybe a smaller-name FS or something along those lines but I don't think we go big name unless we are set to make a SB run.

Ogun just hit some incentives and doubled his salary so he's underpaid.  I'd like to re-sign him.  I think we keep Vernon too.  I like our corners but Kirksey is gone and so are both tackles, they don't fit.

NFL Offensive Lines: Alex Gibbs’ Zone Blocking Scheme

For the draft....    ...super-premium left tackle early in the draft.  When a team has a left tackle that is both big and agile, it allows the team to mix up schemes within the game, allowing them to dictate the run game.

We signed one of the best O-Line coaches in the game.  We hired a HC who learned the Alex Gibbs/Mike Shanahan outside zone/play action-boot run/pass concepts that is built off the O-Line.   This draft is deep at OT and we are perfectly positioned to land a blue-chip OT to fit outside zone and be the cornerstone.  

Not sexy but I think our top pick will be OT.  Need/scheme/draft setting up to fill need with blue-chip prospect = PRIORITY

12 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

FA never goes how I anticipate but the first signing we made after Berry came on board was a FB, something Stefanski said he was going to utilize.  

The cap will get  squeezed soon so I expect strategic FA signings to fill some holes in the outside zone on offense and I have no clue what Woods needs to run his scheme but I don't think we're going to get a big high profile defender, maybe a smaller-name FS or something along those lines but I don't think we go big name unless we are set to make a SB run.

Ogun just hit some incentives and doubled his salary so he's underpaid.  I'd like to re-sign him.  I think we keep Vernon too.  I like our corners but Kirksey is gone and so are both tackles, they don't fit.

NFL Offensive Lines: Alex Gibbs’ Zone Blocking Scheme

We signed one of the best O-Line coaches in the game.  We hired a HC who learned the Alex Gibbs/Mike Shanahan outside zone/play action-boot run/pass concepts that is built off the O-Line.   This draft is deep at OT and we are perfectly positioned to land a blue-chip OT to fit outside zone and be the cornerstone.  

Not sexy but I think our top pick will be OT.  Need/scheme/draft setting up to fill need with blue-chip prospect = PRIORITY

Hubbard out would create $5 mil in cap space, but can Lamm and Forbes play tackle in the new scheme? If not then a better replacement is going to cost more than the Hubbard savings.

I'm on the fence with Ogunjobi. He took a step back last year. So there's the part of me that wants the allure of a 2nd contract dangling in front of him to light a fire under his ###...but then if that happens then we may not be able to afford to retain him.

I previously thought Vernon was going to get whacked due to his cap charge and the fact that we can get out of the deal with $0 dead money, but the problem is the rest of our DE's suck. So keeping him with plans on not being active in 2021 free agency nor retaining him then recouping the comp pick is probably the play. But in order to facilitate options that don't suck need brought in over the next few months. 

5 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I'm on the fence with Ogunjobi. He took a step back last year. So there's the part of me that wants the allure of a 2nd contract dangling in front of him to light a fire under his ###...but then if that happens then we may not be able to afford to retain him.

He played better than you seem to think.

He more than doubled his salary based on the CBA performance escalator.

Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi earns big salary bump from performance escalator

Jeff Risdon 3 days ago

Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi has proven himself to be a quality NFL starter in his first three seasons. As a result of his strong play, Ogunjobi has qualified for a substantial bump in his 2020 salary.

Ogunjobi played enough snaps to make the Proven Performance Escalator clause in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. It’s a clause that rewards players drafted in the third round or later who play significant snaps over the first three years of their career. Ogunjobi was the Browns’ third-round pick in 2017 out of Charlotte.

Instead of earning $998,000 in 2020, the final year of his rookie contract, Ogunjobi’s salary is now $2.147 million. He will earn the equivalent of the lowest restricted free agent tender value for playing in at least 35 percent of all defensive snaps over his first three seasons. Ogunjobi played just over 60 percent.

The salary bump does count against the Browns 2020 salary cap figure. Ogunjobi will be a free agent at the end of the 2020 season.

He played much better with Myles as did the entire defense but he was getting inside pass rush and was the only D-Linemen after Myles went down who made plays.  I also liked how he had Myles back in the Pittsburgh game even if he went a lil thug-life.

4 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

He played better than you seem to think.

He more than doubled his salary based on the CBA performance escalator.

Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi earns big salary bump from performance escalator

He played much better with Myles as did the entire defense but he was getting inside pass rush and was the only D-Linemen after Myles went down who made plays.  I also liked how he had Myles back in the Pittsburgh game even if he went a lil thug-life.

No he didn't

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I said everyone's game suffered when Myles went down and the entire defense suffered but Larry's production doubled.

That twitter guy said Larry played NT, um yeah and DE and lots of other positions on the line especially after Myles went down so I have no idea where he got numbers to judge his performance when he went from playing with a potential DMVP to guys scraped off the WW who are no longer in the league.

In the first ten games with Myles Ogun had 28 combined tackles or 2.8 per game.

In the final four games (he served a two game suspension) without Myles Ogun had 22 tackles or 5.5 per game.

He was making plays on what may have been the worst D-Line in the league over the final weeks of the season.  We not only lost Myles we lost Vernon and had other injuries/suspensions.

We were for once having a good back-and-forth. Now you're going to discredit a PFF analyst despite countless times before citing their data - but only when it fit your preconceived bias of course. And your counter argument is...tackles. If you think the analysis is wrong, fine - but bring better meat to the BBQ.

11 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

We were for once having a good back-and-forth. Now you're going to discredit a PFF analyst despite countless times before citing their data - but only when it fit your preconceived bias of course. And your counter argument is...tackles. If you think the analysis is wrong, fine - but bring better meat to the BBQ.

Mac I'm not trying to be difficult but PFF's numbers do not take into account supporting cast and the impact.

Their was a huge drop-off with the entire defense when Myles got suspended.  He is that much of a difference maker.  Nearly all of Larry's sacks came with Myles on the field and he did double his tackle production and equaled his stuff production in only four games.  

Did he disappoint?  Yeah but so did Schobert and Denzel and pick about any name other than Myles.

2 hours ago, beer 30 said:

We sure about that?

seriously?

• Like 1

they should be giving ####### refunds to the poor folks dumb enough to pay for this ####, and they’re RAISING the prices?

oh, and the comment that they are still in the bottom 4 for the league?   the cost of living in Cleveland is dirt cheap compared to most cities. 

AND they have been THE WORST franchise over the last 20 years.  

the should be 32nd in ticket price in the NFL. 

don’t forget, due to profit sharing, Haslam has made money hand over fist and the appreciation on the franchise since he’s bought it he could make a handsome profit and walk away tomorrow. 

JFC.  

I’m sorry for the rant but this team should be kissing our asses to try to keep us engaged, and this is the #### they do.  

:micdrop:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, amnesiac said:

it’s been TWELVE ####### years!!!!

I feel you, when I saw that last night I thought the same. I think is going to be a lot of grumbling about this but...I'd be willing to bet they still have a wait list to get season tickets much longer than any of us would guess.

9 hours ago, beer 30 said:

I feel you, when I saw that last night I thought the same. I think is going to be a lot of grumbling about this but...I'd be willing to bet they still have a wait list to get season tickets much longer than any of us would guess.

You think so? With HD TV and whatnot, I have to think people aren't exactly lining up to spend money on train wrecks. Teams like the skins claimed 30 year waiting list. Now visiting fans outnumber home fans and tickets are easy to get.

Interesting hire.

I've been looking for Shanhan connections to Stefanski via the coaching staff and McCartney has the connections.

Browns hire former Broncos QB coach T.C. McCartney as offensive assistant

...McCartney was an offensive quality control coach for the Browns in 2014 under Kyle Shanahan.

McCartney was fired as quarterbacks coach by the Broncos at the end of the 2019 season, when they let his boss, offensive coordinator Rich Scangerello, go. But McCartney drew praise for his work with rookie quarterback Drew Lock, who went 4-1 at the end of the season, with victories over the Chargers, Texans, Lions and Raiders...

...Scangarello interviewed with Stefanski for an offensive position, possibly offensive coordinator, and McCartney was a candidate to join him as quarterbacks coach

...McCartney will likely assist with the Browns quarterbacks in addition to his other duties, meaning the Browns might not hire a specific quarterbacks coach. Stefanski, Van Pelt and McCartney will all work with Baker Mayfield, and Stefanski hasn’t yet determined who will call the plays.

Before joining Scangarello in Denver, McCartney spent two years with him in San Francisco, where they helped the 49ers rank 10th in passing yards during that time. McCartney has also worked at LSU and Colorado.

T.C. McCartney, son of late CU QB Sal Aunese, is Broncos' new QB coach McCartney spent two seasons on 49ers staff with Broncos new offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello

"I am thrilled by the news,'' Bill McCartney said in a statement. "Ever since TC was young, he expressed his desire that someday he wanted to be a coach. This is another step in his ultimate goal to one day become a head coach.

"TC started at the ground level and worked his way up. He earned this because of his work ethic and how he has become a total student of the game.

"I knew I wanted to be a coach by the time I was seven years old ... TC's career path has mirrored that. This opportunity is a testimony to his hard work and dedication to the profession.''

He spent the past two years as an offensive assistant on Kyle Shanahan’s staff with the San Francisco 49ers. Scangarello spent the past two seasons as the 49ers’ quarterbacks coach. McCartney also worked the 2014 season with the Cleveland Browns when Shanahan was their offensive coordinator.

So McCartney has three years experience of working in the Shanahan offensive system.

Meanwhile, before Scangarello became San Francisco's quarterbacks' coach, he spent the 2016 season serving as Wagner's offensive coordinator.

Calabrese was his running backs coach that season. When Scangarello left for the 49ers, Calabrese became Wagner's offensive coordinator the next two seasons.

So after flirting with Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak in the past year, the Broncos wound up with their same offensive system -- they got younger instructors to implement it.

Fresh minds and new blood do come with the risk of inexperience

That was when McCartney was hired by the Broncos so he now has four years experience in the Shanahan/Kubiak offensive system and if we had hired Scangerello he would have tabbed him as his QB coach.  T.C. is going to be able to help Stefanski installing the offense since he's versed in the system and the terminology.  Remember Stefanski learned the system and terminology directly from Kubiak instead of having the terminology changed to what he was familiar with so McCartney has four years familiarity with the terminology and will be a valuable resource helping the other coaches learning the system.

Side note of interest.  

He is the son of Sal Aunese.  You probably never heard of Sal.

Sal Aunese was the starting QB of the Colorado Buffalo's with head coach Bill McCartney.  Bill is/was a huge Christian.  Bill's daughter met Sal and a big media circus followed when she became pregnant with Sal's daughter and that circus got enormous when Sal was diagnosed with stomach cancer. 

It was right at that time that the CU football program took off and began their championship run.  Sal became the spokesman from his hospital bed.  He passed less than a year prior to CU winning the National Championship.  

T.C. says he has wanted to be a coach ever since he was seven and I believe he inherited a lot from his father and his grandfather.  

Very interesting hire, great ties to Shanahan/Kubiak offfense and personal story is amazing.:thumbup: 

50 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Welcome back Myles!!!

Superbowl!!

8 minutes ago, Beef Ravioli said:

Completely reinstated or still missing some games? 

No games, just counseling.

AP: Myles Garrett To Be Reinstated Wednesday

According to Tom Withers of the Associated Press, the NFL is set to reinstate Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett from his indefinite suspension Wednesday.

...Beyond the six games Garrett was suspended, he also had to go to anger management counseling, which he had to complete in order to be reinstated. 

Would LOVE to see Mason Rudolph under center with a healthy Myles Garrett this year.  Can you imagine?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Would LOVE to see Mason Rudolph under center with a healthy Myles Garrett this year.  Can you imagine?

Sure, but I have a hard enough time imagining that schmuck being on a NFL roster come September 1 - let alone under center somewhere.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Unless Myles Garett plays in the XFL next season I don't think we'll ever see that.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

5 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

You're still obnoxiously defending this guy, aren'tyou? He's a goon. Not a nice guy. What is your irrational connection with him? Like Rudolph is at fault for his deplorable action? Silly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

You're still obnoxiously defending this guy, aren'tyou? He's a goon. Not a nice guy. What is your irrational connection with him? Like Rudolph is at fault for his deplorable action? Silly.

this is funny. 

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

You're still obnoxiously defending this guy, aren'tyou?  He's a goon. Not a nice guy. What is your irrational connection with him? Like Rudolph is at fault for his deplorable action? Silly.

meh.  let it go.  

Garrett was wrong.  really wrong. 

did Ruloph also have a part?  maybe?  i can’t imagine Garrett went off the hook like that unprovoked. 

near as i can tell, this is the only stupid thing he’s done since he’s been in Cleveland. 

does it matter anymore?  nope. this episode is over   

• Like 1

anyone remember that time Donte Stallworth got paid a bunch of money by the Browns?

then he got drunk and killed a man?

and then he paid the man’s family some money and kept playing in the NFL?

yeah... i’m totally cool with Garrett having some anger management and then keep playing in the NFL.  

meh.  let it go. 

anyone remember that time Donte Stallworth got paid a bunch of money by the Browns?

then he got drunk and killed a man?

and then he paid the man’s family some money and kept playing in the NFL?

yeah... i’m totally cool with Garrett having some anger management and then keep playing in the NFL.  

I agree with the embedded quote (which is only embedded because of bad formatting) actually. It just seemed like a little too much "Rudolph will get what's coming" inherent in the other comment, but that's par for the course with that commenter. 

4 hours ago, rockaction said:

People tend to say, "He ripped his helmet off and tried to kill him with it" as if it was a single premeditated act.  If that were true, you might have a case.  What actually happened is that AFTER the helmet was removed, Garrett was done.  He backed off 7 steps & Rudolph charged him.  Dumb move when you have nothing covering your head & the other guy has a potential weapon.  I want you to suggest ANYTHING else that was likely to occur.  So, my point is... Garrett did what could reasonably be expected by anyone, at that point.  Don't call him a goon because YOU reacted emotionally to what you saw.  Finally, do you know where he is & what he's doing right now?  You'll want  to know.