Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

8 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

wrong, multiple teams are inquiring. 

A 3rd and some change might do it

If you want to sign Trent Williams long term then you also want to get rid of one of our core players in 2021. Who's getting whacked?

6 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

7× Pro Bowl (2012–2018)

This just means he's old now.  

This is from the 'skins thread. I don't follow sports radio or TV so have no idea how reliable these sources are. Just thought it was germane to the discussion:

Dan Patrick on his show said his source said Trent Williams WILL be traded and Washington will get a 1st round pick for him and then use that 1st on an O lineman.

1 minute ago, DallasDMac said:

This is from the 'skins thread. I don't follow sports radio or TV so have no idea how reliable these sources are. Just thought it was germane to the discussion:

Dan Patrick on his show said his source said Trent Williams WILL be traded and Washington will get a 1st round pick for him and then use that 1st on an O lineman.

Dan Patrick is an idiot, doubt the Redskins will get even close to that

2 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

If they can convince Tampa to do that, good for them.

1 minute ago, DallasDMac said:

Washington will get a 1st round pick for him

:lol: i would actually screech

2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:
5 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Washington will get a 1st round pick for him

:lol: i would actually screech

Because if we trade a 1st for him it will mean we trade down a dozen times to pick #32, lol.

• Like 1

anyways.... we give a 3rd and get him and take whoever our heart is set on. 

id be fine w it. baker would probably be thrilled

7 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

anyways.... we give a 3rd and get him and take whoever our heart is set on. 

id be fine w it. baker would probably be thrilled

Great, so which core piece are you sacrificing after this year.

Just now, MAC_32 said:

Great, so which core piece are you sacrificing after this year.

Browns have $65M in cap room next year, they are fine

10 minutes ago, gocats said:

Lot of guys making peanuts we need to sign

1 minute ago, gocats said:

Garrett's going into his 5th year option, that isn't accounted for. Then he's getting re-upped. A decision needs made on Njoku too. Vernon, Ogunjobi, and Hunt are free agents. The only DB's under contract are Ward, Greedy, and Redwine. The only LB's under contract and Takitaki and Wilson.  Then there are the Baker and Ward contracts looming the year after (Chubb's gone).

That $65m in cap space won't go very far. Giving 20% of it to Williams while also giving up a meaningful pick with all of those other holes has consequences. And that's if the cap goes up as originally projected - given what the 2020 season may be like the cap may go down for the first time in years.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Only if they are adding picks to trent

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

ha, no the days where i got (accurate) draft pick info long gone. doesnt work in cle anymore

did it ever?

2 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Garrett's going into his 5th year option, that isn't accounted for. Then he's getting re-upped. A decision needs made on Njoku too. Vernon, Ogunjobi, and Hunt are free agents. The only DB's under contract are Ward, Greedy, and Redwine. The only LB's under contract and Takitaki and Wilson.  Then there are the Baker and Ward contracts looming the year after (Chubb's gone).

That $65m in cap space won't go very far. Giving 20% of it to Williams while also giving up a meaningful pick with all of those other holes has consequences. And that's if the cap goes up as originally projected - given what the 2020 season may be like the cap may go down for the first time in years.

You probably tag Vernon, let Garrett, Hunt and Ogunjobi walk, re-sign Njoku in 21' , also OBJ is likely to be traded is free up another $15M

12 minutes ago, NorrisB said:

You probably tag Vernon, let Garrett, Hunt and Ogunjobi walk, re-sign Njoku in 21' , also OBJ is likely to be traded is free up another $15M

So you decimate your D-Line to sign an over 30 year old LT who hardly played in 2 years?

1 hour ago, mr fancypants said:

So you decimate your D-Line to sign an over 30 year old LT who hardly played in 2 years?

My bad I just realized he meant the DE garrett

more solid analysis.  

oof.  

• Like 1

Source to me just now regarding the #Browns discussions on Trent Williams, as of this morning: "Everything is still open at this point."

- Josina Anderson

Ps: Trent w an interesting IG story post this morning... 

6 hours ago, NorrisB said:

I was trying to get soulfly to be the one to say this - I wanted to virtually see his heart rip in two because I am not a good person. A Trent Williams trade happening expedites somebody's exit - and I think he's the first to go. Yes, analytics value WR. But 15% of the max budget on two players is...a lot.

Garrett's not going anywhere and while I don't think Vernon gets franchised you have me wondering now if he may get Transitioned. I think these guys want in on the comp pick pick formula, so there is additional incentive to retain your own. And EDGE2 is gonna be a problem come season's end with this draft class not appearing as though it will provide a potential fix.

Just now, MAC_32 said:

I was trying to get soulfly to be the one to say this - I wanted to virtually see his heart rip in two because I am not a good person. 

why do you think I mocked ceedee lamb to the Browns?

Odds are obj has 1yr left in cleveland. 

To reiterate : Trent + Lamb/Jeudy at 10. 

(Yes, both likely wrong, but that's what I feel today),

3 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

why do you think I mocked ceedee lamb to the Browns?

Odds are obj has 1yr left in cleveland. 

...and adding Lamb now will make that one year a tumultuous one. So if we add a WR round one then Beckham's gotta go now. I think a day two WR would be a great idea though. The gettin' will still be good with this class and it won't be a perceived threat to his fragile psyche, so you can develop him with the goal of getting rid of Beckham at season's end then sliding the now 2nd year pro into the starting unit.

2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Source to me just now regarding the #Browns discussions on Trent Williams, as of this morning: "Everything is still open at this point."

- Josina Anderson

Didn't that "bomb" hit like 24 hours ago, not this morning?  I'll be shocked if we make a move for Trent.  Totally shocked.

12 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

wrong, multiple teams are inquiring. 

That doesn't mean Washington has any leverage.

Mock draft roundup: Browns 1st-round selections all over the map

A quick tally from the mocks I’ve sorted through on Thursday morning:

1. Andrew Thomas – 17 
  2. Trade – 13
  3. Tristan Wirfs – 6
  4. Mekhi Becton – 3
  5. Jedrick Wills – 3
  6. Ezra Cleveland – 3
  7. Austin Jackson – 1
  8. Isaiah Simmons – 1
  9. Xavier McKinney – 1
  10. Josh Jones – 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Was he at a club with Johnny Manziel? 

• Laughing 1

This is a legit tweet from @PFF just now. 

Yes, the coveted analytic team

Browns:

Trade for Trent Williams 
Grab Ceedee Lamb https://t.co/0lwJisuVZs

that looks familiar. 

PFF "best case scenario" uses the 3rd round pick to get this done.  Is that what you're saying as well?  Or you're saying you'd trade a 2nd?  What type contract is PFF and SF considering giving him?

5 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

PFF "best case scenario" uses the 3rd round pick to get this done.  Is that what you're saying as well?  Or you're saying you'd trade a 2nd?  What type contract is PFF and SF considering giving him?

im down w a 3rd, because to me, WAS has zero leverage. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

im down w a 3rd, because to me, WAS has zero leverage. 

I agree they have no leverage.  

At least if it's a 3rd I could still breathe.  I still don't think it would make much sense with my long term lens (if we instead drafted a young stud tackle) and financially if we're going to pay him like a top tackle.

Edited by Bobcat10

7 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

I agree they have no leverage.  

At least if it's a 3rd I could still breathe.  I still don't think it would make much sense with my long term lens (if we instead drafted a young stud tackle) and financially if we're going to pay him like a top tackle.

I would not be happy about a 3rd, but I wouldn't vent about it. I would vent if it were a 2nd, but an analytic minded decision making group isn't going to do that so I'm not going to worry about it. I think the more likely scenario involves pick swaps.

If we pull off the trade then draft Lamb we must move Beckham as soon as possible, even if it's for 2021 draft compensation. I don't think we will, but that's the if-then.

For entertainment purposes only...  Would you trade #10 and next year's #1 to WAS for TW & #2 overall?

24 minutes ago, daveR said:

For entertainment purposes only...  Would you trade #10 and next year's #1 to WAS for TW & #2 overall?

No but that would interesting if we took Chase at 2

37 minutes ago, daveR said:

they MIGHT do it for 10, 2021 1st and njoku... MAYBE. but most probably not.

get ready for the TW trade announcement.... I can feel it in my tummy :) 

let's have fun tonight boys. Let's get that winning culture, mentality and player base.

let's get some playoffs!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

get ready for the TW trade announcement.... I can feel it in my tummy :) 

let's have fun tonight boys. Let's get that winning culture, mentality and player base.

let's get some playoffs!!!

I :heart:the Browns thread. 

• Like 1

FYI - Joe Thomas just said on air he hopes to see Trent in a Browns jersey. Said he's a lock HoF'er and would be the #1 tackle in this draft today. 

smoke screen.  

Browns will draft a tackle.  

this draft isn’t quite as bad as a zoom meeting, but it’s close.  

That blows.  I wanted Thomas for Cle.

• Like 1

Interesting pick in Thomas.  

Posted (edited)

Tua is injured too much. i don’t like that pick.  

I mean, I like it for the Browns. 

Edited by amnesiac

FYI - Joe Thomas just said on air he hopes to see Trent in a Browns jersey. Said he's a lock HoF'er and would be the #1 tackle in this draft today. 

Joe knows what he's talking about. They should trade a 2nd and grab a stud to protect that mediocre QB. ;)