What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (12 Viewers)

3 of the 4 big OT still there but the one I wanted gone ! Boo

I wonder if Browns deal back since 3 are still there.

Or is Thomas not the one they wanted ?

Welp pick is in fast so they wanted 1 of those 3

Not what I thought we'd see, but I'm always happy on draft day.  I always think they did great.  Go Browns!

Pete Prisco crapping on our pick

Jedrick Wills Jr. OL, BAMA

Height: 6-4, Weight: 312

There's better upside from the other two tackles available. This kid is clearly a right tackle, but has the body of a guard. I think there will be a transition for him moving over to the left side if indeed that's where they play him. (Pete Prisco)

Pete Prisco crapping on our pick

Jedrick Wills Jr. OL, BAMA

Height: 6-4, Weight: 312

There's better upside from the other two tackles available. This kid is clearly a right tackle, but has the body of a guard. I think there will be a transition for him moving over to the left side if indeed that's where they play him. (Pete Prisco)
Prisco is an idiot, I had him #2 on my board he's better than those other tackles, Wirfs and Becton might not even be LT's

That pick got in double-quick.  

They had choices and wanted him over Wirfs and Becton and they weren't taking time to ponder a trade.  

They definitely waned Jedrick Wills.
Andrew Berry Said Jedrick Wills Was A Player They 'Targeted'

Without hesitation, the Browns used the tenth pick in the 2020 NFL Draft to draft Alabama's Jedrick Wills.

General Manager Andrew Berry said there was a reason there was no hesitation when the Browns were on the clock. 

"There's certainly a lot of good players, but we felt very strongly about Jed," Berry said on a conference call after the pick was made."He was certainly one of the players that we targeted and we were excited when he was available to us."
Go to the link to see what they said.

-------------------------------------------------------

Nate Ulrich@ByNateUlrich

#Browns Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta said we weighed O-line coach Bill Callahan's opinion pretty heavily and he has a strong belief Jedrick Wills can transition from right tackle to left tackle

Last edited by a moderator:
winfield in rnd 2 would be *chef kiss*

wonder if a big body like mims (wr) is in play?

Last edited by a moderator:
'Best' available players left on the board according to DJ.

A few might spark our interest.

2020 NFL Draft: Best remaining prospects available

2020 NFL Draft: Best remaining prospects available

RANK

• 19 - Ross Blacklock, DT
  • 22 - Xavier McKinney, S
  • 26 - A.J. Epenesa, Edge
  • 29 - Jaylon Johnson, CB
  • 30 - Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge
  • 33 - Marlon Davidson, Edge
  • 34 - Zack Baun, LB
  • 40 - Grant Delpit, S
  • 43 - Kristian Fulton, CB
  • 44 - Jeremy Chinn, LB
  • 45 - Justin Madubuike, DT
  • 47 - Antoine Winfield Jr., S
I could highlight every one of these players but the bolded are ones that definitely fit.

I've heard 'good things' about Kristian Fulton.

No matter who goes off the board before we are scheduled to pick in the 2nd round we will get another good player.

I like Baun's versatility substantially more than Epenesa and Gross-Matos. Winfield vs McKinney vs Chinn is the safety decision - different types of safety but all of good quality. And unlike Delpit they're not allergic to tackling. 

I like Baun's versatility substantially more than Epenesa and Gross-Matos. Winfield vs McKinney vs Chinn is the safety decision - different types of safety but all of good quality. And unlike Delpit they're not allergic to tackling. 
Baun 'might' fall due to diluted sample.

We 'may' have an outside shot of at-least one of these guys falling to our pick in the 3rd round.   

We 'may' have an outside shot of at-least one of these guys falling to our pick in the 3rd round.   
Agreed - and to expand, I think their 3rd round grades on defensive players will influence which position to target. I am curious if they'll throw us a curve ball at WR though.

Agreed - and to expand, I think their 3rd round grades on defensive players will influence which position to target. I am curious if they'll throw us a curve ball at WR though.
In a way I'd love-it especially Shenalt but the new two-TE scheme coupled with the dire need at FS... I dunno.  

Its kinda like the Cowboys having CeeDee fall into their lap when Jerry said they had K'Lavon lined-up as the pick.  They took the immense value and I don't fault them one bit.

In any event, it looks like we are going to get a 'good' player.

I'm psyched..

Mike Renner@PFF_Mike

Jedrick Wills Jr. led all tackles in a freaky draft class in big-time blocks (basically pancakes) last season. The dude flies around the field like a tight end #Browns

-------------------------------------

shenault, Edwards or mims would be 👍
I like Mimms a lot also but check out this chart listing unit-grades for every NFL team.

Look to the right, scroll down to CLV and you can see our lowest unit grade is LB.  

It doesn't break down by position but we need a FS.

Our WR unit has one of the highest grades in the NFL and Stephanski runs a ton of 2-TE sets so we'd be sitting our 3rd WR a lot and hardly used them last year.  

Love the talent but not utility/fit for our team/scheme.

LINK to the chart of unit grades for every NFL team  >> 📊 >>  Mike Clay Unit Grade Chart

i want Winfield, personally ( i took him in the SP mock draft in the 2nd)

But those guys would be my WR picks if we took that route. 

i want Winfield, personally ( i took him in the SP mock draft in the 2nd)

But those guys would be my WR picks if we took that route. 
Though I do really like Shenault for Baker, we can mine the deep WR talent later if we choose to go that route in this draft. Need to try for an impact defensive player here in the 2nd imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread