What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (15 Viewers)

my man landry comes up HUGE time and time again, but almost cost us w 2 drive killing drops that nearly cost us the game.

and yes, i legitimately mean you and i could have caught those passes. i dont know how to explain that

@AdamSchefter

Browns’ HC Kevin Stefanski said QB Baker Mayfield will get an x-ray for a rib injury suffered in the fourth quarter of today’s win vs. the Colts.

@AdamSchefter

Browns’ HC Kevin Stefanski said QB Baker Mayfield will get an x-ray for a rib injury suffered in the fourth quarter of today’s win vs. the Colts.
In his presser, Baker says he'll play through it... "Momma didn't raise no wuss"

NOW you ####ers come out of the woodwork, die hard fans my ### pffft  :P

4-1 BABY!!!!! Good teams overcome mistakes and find a way to win. We had a few missteps yesterday and still won. Happy that some of you finally get to experience what winning is like.

Baker passing in the first half:

• 228 yards passing
  • 2 TDs
  • 0 INTs
Baker passing in the second half:

• 19 yards passing
  • 0 TDs
  • 2 INTs
The hit (rib injury) came later (7:16 left in the 4th quarter) but earlier in the 3rd Baker took a hit.  He was doing excellent up to the time of the 'first-hit'.  Baker threw his first pick immediately after taking that first sack/hit where he fumbled but was able to recover.  Baker's second-pick came on the big-hit in the 4th quarter that 'obviously' hurt him.  He was doubled over trying to catch his breath.  Justin Houston leaned into that hit.  Wasn't 'dirty' but he leaned into it.  Pittsburgh is going to go after Bake's bigtime. 

Hasn't been discussed by Jarvis took a hit early in the game and staggered to get up.  He had those fugly back-to-back drops late in the game however he made that 'sic' catch over the top of the DB right afterwards so I'm not sure if those late drops were somehow connected to the early hit or ????    I have no idea how GodSon dropped those two passes late in the game.  I was saying OMGSon when he dropped that second pass.

Rashard Higgins looked 'so-smoothe'.  Like he never broke a sweat.  I guess he wasn't playing because of game scripts because we rarely play trips running 12 and 13 personnel a ton, he adds nothing to special teams which has been an issue all year and was a major problem yesterday.  Not sure how much we'll see Hollywood but man he looked good to me.  I'd love to have at least one series where we 'open-it-up' with three-wides after we gas a pass rush to get him on the field so-long as we figure out ST cover units.

Got to give a big nod to OBJ for his 'sic' catch where he got close-lined and still came up with that big catch.  OBJ also had that trick-play pass that 'could' and probably 'should' have gone for a TD but INDY DBs can tackle man.  Tip of the hat.  Baker got bailed out by his receivers who were ball'n UP TO THE POINT of Landry's drops.  Even Hunt making his leaping TD grab.  

S Harrison pick-six was great and he looked 'good'.  About the only S who has burst and speed.  Sendejo is atrocious, slow poor tackler.  He's kill'n us.

Myles is a monster.  8 turnovers have come directly from him/his pressure.  The safety was all-Myles.  2 pts plus we get the ball back.  Can't express how much I luv Myles.  

Never thought I'd say this but thank god for Hubbard.  He has been a lifesaver the past two weeks.  Hope to god that Teller is back this week.  Steelers D isn't great against the run but leads the league in sacks.  We have to protect Baker.  We have to run the ball and try to 'wear em down' if we can but without Wyatt Teller ...  I think Stefanski can figure something out.  

Stefanski.  Who would'a thunk it?  Rookie HC and calling plays would create 4 consecutive games scoring over 30 pts, something the Browns haven't seen since MLK and Bobby Kennedy were alive.  I am happy to say I was wrong and that he is a much better play caller and game day adjuster than I ever imagined.  Huge shout out to Callahan, he's been amazing mixing zone and power-trap game.  

Once again, hope Teller can play and Baker's ribs are 'good-nuff' to make throws he was making in the first half of the Indy game.

when im here hyping the team i get poopoo'd on

when i decide to take a step back and just let the team do the talking, i get poopoo'd on.

im always watching and cheering w the rest of you. just went/going for a different approach this season. and it's working. 🤷‍♂️

when im here hyping the team i get poopoo'd on

when i decide to take a step back and just let the team do the talking, i get poopoo'd on.

im always watching and cheering w the rest of you. just went/going for a different approach this season. and it's working. 🤷‍♂️
You disappeared after that embarrassment in San Francisco last year and didn't make another in-season appearance until we were 3-1. If you don't want fair weather fan zingers tossed your way then you gotta ride out the bad times - not go into hiding. There isn't anything wrong with being as boistorous as you were going into 19 - football would be quite boring if everyone were even keeled and reasonable. But don't play dumb about why we're giving you the business after your houdini act amidst an avalanche of L's.

You disappeared after that embarrassment in San Francisco last year and didn't make another in-season appearance until we were 3-1. If you don't want fair weather fan zingers tossed your way then you gotta ride out the bad times - not go into hiding. There isn't anything wrong with being as boistorous as you were going into 19 - football would be quite boring if everyone were even keeled and reasonable. But don't play dumb about why we're giving you the business after your houdini act amidst an avalanche of L's.
i died for nearly a year. now im alive again

what’s the story with that guy?
That's a really good question I've yet to hear a good answer to. The only knock I've heard is the Kaepernick link but I'd think in this day and age of wokeness, that would be applauded. He played well in CAR last year, I haven't heard he's a bad seed in the locker room like Earl Thomas...got me but the dude can't get an interview let alone a tryout  :shrug:

Congrats to Baker Mayfield for overtaking Rothleisberger for most wins in Cleveland :P

in all seriousness team looks good should be a tough battle for the division

always had a soft spot for the Browns

Last edited by a moderator:
Injury report:

Browns 

1. QB Baker Mayfield (ribs)
  2.  WR Jarvis Landry (hip, rib)
  3. WR Odell Beckham (illness)
  4. S Ronnie Harrison (concussion) 
  5. S Karl Joseph (hamstring)
  6. LB Jacob Phillips (knee)
  7.  G Wyatt Teller (calf)
  8. P Jamie Gillan (left groin)
  9. DT Larry Ogunjobi (abdomen)
  10. DE Olivier Vernon (groin) 
Pittsburgh

1. G David DeCastro (abdomen)
  2. WR Diontae Johnson (back) 
One is not like the other.

Congrats to Baker Mayfield for overtaking Rothleisberger for most wins in Cleveland :P

in all seriousness team looks good should be a tough battle for the division

always had a soft spot for the Browns
Thanks.  And this is legit a big deal. 

that stat has been a thorn in the side of Cleveland for years.  a giant reminder of the terrible run they have been on. 

good to get that monkey off their back. 

meh.  would anyone here really bet money on the Browns on the road against Pittsburgh before this game?   not me.  

I hate that they got blown out, but let’s be realistic.  if they can win the games they are supposed to this season, and get 8-10 wins, they can build on that.  

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are still better teams right now. 

Bracie Smathers said:
Injury report:

Browns 

1. QB Baker Mayfield (ribs)
  2.  WR Jarvis Landry (hip, rib)
  3. WR Odell Beckham (illness)
  4. S Ronnie Harrison (concussion) 
  5. S Karl Joseph (hamstring)
  6. LB Jacob Phillips (knee)
  7.  G Wyatt Teller (calf)
  8. P Jamie Gillan (left groin)
  9. DT Larry Ogunjobi (abdomen)
  10. DE Olivier Vernon (groin) 
Pittsburgh

1. G David DeCastro (abdomen)
  2. WR Diontae Johnson (back) 
One is not like the other.
THIS. :coffee:

meh.  would anyone here really bet money on the Browns on the road against Pittsburgh before this game?   not me.  

I hate that they got blown out, but let’s be realistic.  if they can win the games they are supposed to this season, and get 8-10 wins, they can build on that.  

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are still better teams right now. 
There were definitely some things I didn't like to see...or that I wanted to see that I didn't.  

But the fact is, both of our losses came on the road (some people think no / few fans means road games are easy, I think not) and the Baltimore matchup week 1 was just a kick in the nads from the schedule makers.  Let's see what happens in round 2 of both of those matchups.  

The schedule is favorable to make a run at double digit wins and that's what they're going to do.  One of the biggest hurdles they'll have to clear is keeping noise from the outside minimal, especially over the next few weeks.  The dummies in the media and on social media are already getting loud.

I need to buy a new TV remote after smashing mine against the coffee table, thus breaking it into pieces, after the Burrow TD.

gave us literally 0 shot at the comeback. 

i still don't know how to react

There's no logical reason for odell Beckham to ever suit up in a Browns uniform again. He's the problem. Mayfield is so much better win games where he is not on the field. It's note even debatable at this point in time

5-2

Raiders at home this weekend.  6-2 very realistic.  

They are going to the playoffs.  

Don’t care if they get bounced in the first round.

This is progress.  

That was step one towards Baker being the guy. I get the under duress argument, but the Bengals lack of a pass rush isn't what today was about. Today was about him making plays in the 4th quarter to win. 

That was step one towards Baker being the guy. I get the under duress argument, but the Bengals lack of a pass rush isn't what today was about. Today was about him making plays in the 4th quarter to win. 
the “old” Browns would’ve tucked their tails and called it a day.  

yes they got their asses kicked against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, but they have not quit against Dallas and Cincinnati on the road and have come out on top.  

they have won their home games.  

so far Mayfield has done what he has needed to do. there is room for improvement, but no reason to hang our heads and call it a season yet. 

Going to be interesting in the next few weeks to see how Higgens, DPJ, and Bryant pick up the receiving slack.
I think we’ve already seen what they will do.  can they keep it up?  hopefully.  

I think we will see addition by subtraction.  

not hating on Beckham, but for whatever reason, he and Mayfield just never clicked.  

Soulfly3 said:
I need to buy a new TV remote after smashing mine against the coffee table, thus breaking it into pieces, after the Burrow TD.

gave us literally 0 shot at the comeback. 

i still don't know how to react
Obviously, have a little bit of faith. You of all people, have a little faith.

Good win, rookie Baker decided to show up at an opportune time. Can't say enough about how the WR have stepped up. They had 3 healthy WR on their roster (one with a broken rib) to win that game. Great job by the offense.

Defense...well we knew it was going to be like this so don't really have much to say. Garrett & Ward almost single handedly kept them in the game as much as giving up 34 points is keeping them in the game. Watch this a few times to appreciate the play, don't recall ever seeing one like this before https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/1320554231686778880

amnesiac said:
I think we’ve already seen what they will do.  can they keep it up?  hopefully.  

I think we will see addition by subtraction.  

not hating on Beckham, but for whatever reason, he and Mayfield just never clicked.  
I'm not jumping to this conclusion just yet, but...I'm also not arguing it. It's going to be the talking point for an indefinite period of time after Beckham's season officially ends sometime today though. Should Baker play like he did yesterday while also dealing with a legitimate pass rush? Then, yeah, this is it. Ultimately, I think the Bungles lack of pressure yesterday had more to do with what we saw than Beckham's removal. How much more is my particular unanswered question. I think losing the threat of Beckham will be problematic against the league's better defenses, but that would only be a priority to address if I thought we were competing for a title this year. We aren't.

If losing OBJ signals the return of Chubb, I'm okay with it.  Stump said he's recovering well, and his timetable is mid-Nov.  With LV and then a bye, it will feel like addition by subtraction when Chubb returns.  

I'd like to see the FO start looking at possible moves, especially at Safety and Pass Rush.  Everytime I see Sendejo's name, I shudder.  He is always late to a play or missing a tackle.  They need to bring in some more playmakers on D.  Outside of Myles and Ward, there aren't many making plays on a consistent basis. 

Defense...well we knew it was going to be like this so don't really have much to say. Garrett & Ward almost single handedly kept them in the game
Outside of Myles no-one in the front-seven is proving any semblance of pass rush forcing us to blitz safeties and that exposes the secondary even more.  400 + yards?  We couldn't stop em.  Olivier Vernon is a shell of what he once was before we traded for him.  Adrian Clayborn 'looked' ok early in the season before he got hurt and has done nothing since.  Ogun started out looking good but got injured and he's done nothing and yesterday he sucked.

We really need pass rusher(S).  Myles is getting TRIPLE TEAMED so someone 'should' get pressure.

I'm not jumping to this conclusion just yet
People had the leap to conclusion mat out for Baker till halftime so everyone has to step away because this is going to keep going since OBJ may not be able to do anything the rest of the year, haven't heard how bad the injury is yet.  

We saw how Njuko scored and can be useful after people wanted to deal him and if OBJ is out the rest of the year we will need him and all hands because we went from a position of strength to counting on a rookie who hadn't caught a pass all year to win the game.  Great story but DPJ is no OBJ.  Baker isn't going to face zero pressure the rest of the year.  If/when we make the playoffs and if OBJ can make it back then it is 'likely' we may be beaten up and will need fresh legs.  I'm not eager to deal anyone when we are on the verge of 'potentially' making the post season later this year. 

If losing OBJ signals the return of Chubb, I'm okay with it.  Stump said he's recovering well, and his timetable is mid-Nov.  With LV and then a bye, it will feel like addition by subtraction when Chubb returns.  

I'd like to see the FO start looking at possible moves, especially at Safety and Pass Rush.  Everytime I see Sendejo's name, I shudder.  He is always late to a play or missing a tackle.  They need to bring in some more playmakers on D.  Outside of Myles and Ward, there aren't many making plays on a consistent basis. 
I agree, but unless they are part of the solution 2021 and beyond I'm not interested in them. If we ever get a game with both Joseph and Harrison healthy hopefully that means Sendejo's load gets scaled back. He's just one of many problems throughout this defense though.

People had the leap to conclusion mat out for Baker till halftime so everyone has to step away because this is going to keep going
Of course. We live in an instant reaction hot take society. It isn't the right approach, but their being wrong isn't going to get them to change their wrongness. 

And I agree with you about Chief. I saw the case for him being expendable before yesterday, but without Beckham we need talent that requires attention down field. He's really the only viable piece remaining in the arsenal. As a result I think we'll see more of the Njoku package against stronger defenses. As clunky as the relationship has been between Baker and Beckham defenses still at least took his down field threat seriously, but that is obviously no more.

chubb is 1000x more important than OBJ. fact we are 5-2 without chubb honestly shocks me.

that being said, our run game desperately needs im back. hunt has done a great job filling in, but it's still day and night to me w chubb there. man just plows and jukes and powers and does exactly what your dream RB should do... NEED that 2 headed monster back so we can use hunt as a receiver more often

I like Hunt alot, but there is no comparison to Chubb. Awesome tandem for sure though.

Problem with Sendejo is he doesn't even deserve to be rostered let alone get playing time.  Sucks we lost Delpit and have had issues getting Harrison and Joseph on the field together, but still think we deserve better than Sendejo and what he's brought to the table.

It still literally boggles my mind that we've had several coaches and GMs bury Higgins. Please tell me Hodge isn't coming back this week and Higgins will be inactive again.  What a nightmare.  

I like Hunt alot, but there is no comparison to Chubb. Awesome tandem for sure though.

Problem with Sendejo is he doesn't even deserve to be rostered let alone get playing time.  Sucks we lost Delpit and have had issues getting Harrison and Joseph on the field together, but still think we deserve better than Sendejo and what he's brought to the table.

It still literally boggles my mind that we've had several coaches and GMs bury Higgins. Please tell me Hodge isn't coming back this week and Higgins will be inactive again.  What a nightmare.  
Personally I think Hunt has been hurt since about three games ago, between the hamstring he had earlier and ribs he's playing hurt and gutting it out.

Sendejo was not supposed to be anything more than a spell player, giving guys a breather when needed. Injuries put him into the starting lineup unfortunately. Think there are options out there in FA that we can bring in and instantly upgrade that position to at least expected as opposed to turrible.

All reports from Stefanski yesterday said Hodge will be active this week. That will give us 4 healthy (sorta) WR's. Think there will be plenty of snaps to go around.

Personally I think Hunt has been hurt since about three games ago, between the hamstring he had earlier and ribs he's playing hurt and gutting it out.

Sendejo was not supposed to be anything more than a spell player, giving guys a breather when needed. Injuries put him into the starting lineup unfortunately. Think there are options out there in FA that we can bring in and instantly upgrade that position to at least expected as opposed to turrible.

All reports from Stefanski yesterday said Hodge will be active this week. That will give us 4 healthy (sorta) WR's. Think there will be plenty of snaps to go around.
:yes:  to the bolded.

:no:  to the underlined.

Unfortunately, if Sendejo's getting replaced in the next week then it's probably via trade. The guys on the street either have baggage or are the same guy as Sendejo only with a different name on the jersey. A guy like him can be masked with strong enough LB play, but this defense was intentionally built thin at that position then also experienced injury there.

:yes:  to the bolded.

:no:  to the underlined.

Unfortunately, if Sendejo's getting replaced in the next week then it's probably via trade. The guys on the street either have baggage or are the same guy as Sendejo only with a different name on the jersey. A guy like him can be masked with strong enough LB play, but this defense was intentionally built thin at that position then also experienced injury there.
You telling me Eric Reid (my pick) or Earl Thomas isn't an instant upgrade over Sendejo Clark? C'mon man

You telling me Eric Reid (my pick) or Earl Thomas isn't an instant upgrade over Sendejo Clark? C'mon man
Concerning the latter, I think you missed a key word in my post - 'baggage.' I said it before and Sendejo continuing to suck doesn't change it. The culture of this team is not in a place to consider a toxin like him. Hard pass.

I'd be receptive to Reid though. 

Users who are viewing this thread