Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

4 hours ago, ATB said:

So who's is the main beneficiary of OBJ's indefinite absence? Who's gonna be the main guy who steps up?

You're not gonna want to start any Browns wr this week and the bye is next. Not sure what terms you're asking in reference to, but if you have the luxury of watching from afar from a usage perspective then assessing for the future that's what I'd do.

13 hours ago, ATB said:

So who's is the main beneficiary of OBJ's indefinite absence? Who's gonna be the main guy who steps up?

The TE room.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

You're not gonna want to start any Browns wr this week and the bye is next. Not sure what terms you're asking in reference to, but if you have the luxury of watching from afar from a usage perspective then assessing for the future that's what I'd do.

Higgins. He catches everything. 

2 minutes ago, DonnieA said:

Higgins. He catches everything. 

He does, but I'm skeptical of the volume. Even during that post Huebola stretch in 18 when him and Baker clicked he only saw > 5 targets twice, 6-60-1 (7 targets) and 4-86 (6 targets)...and Browns QB's are averaging just 25 attempts/game. He's efficient and what transpired between week 17 2018 and last week doesn't make any sense, but unless he sees more targets it's difficult to justify him as anything more than a reserve to consider in plus matchups in our game. 

1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

He does, but I'm skeptical of the volume. Even during that post Huebola stretch in 18 when him and Baker clicked he only saw > 5 targets twice, 6-60-1 (7 targets) and 4-86 (6 targets)...and Browns QB's are averaging just 25 attempts/game. He's efficient and what transpired between week 17 2018 and last week doesn't make any sense, but unless he sees more targets it's difficult to justify him as anything more than a reserve to consider in plus matchups in our game. 

I feel like Higgins & DPJ are fools gold this week. I'd put more stock in the TE than either of them. Not sure if Hooper is back this week (kinda looking like nah) but I wouldn't shy away from Harrison Bryant. Seems like he and Baker have a nice rapport. 

1 minute ago, beer 30 said:

I feel like Higgins & DPJ are fools gold this week. I'd put more stock in the TE than either of them. Not sure if Hooper is back this week (kinda looking like nah) but I wouldn't shy away from Harrison Bryant. Seems like he and Baker have a nice rapport. 

I mentioned it upstream, but given the weather conditions I'll be surprised if any WR is worthwhile this week.

2 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Hooper's out.  I would not fault anyone for starting Bryant or even Njoku.  I'll be one probably.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

I mentioned it upstream, but given the weather conditions I'll be surprised if any WR is worthwhile this week.

If not for the weather conditions it could be another story as both teams defenses are putrid against the pass with the Raiders 28th rank and the Browns 30th.

So...that Myles Garrett guy is kinda important. 

1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

So...that Myles Garrett guy is kinda important. 

Lil bit.

Forget who but it’s been mentioned in here the Myles - turnovers = ugly. Luckily the weather stopped it from a real drubbing but the D wasn’t stopping anybody today. Twitter is bagging on Baker but he wasn’t the problem today. 3 drops were killer today.

• Like 1

defense continues to be absolute garbage. 

oof. 

Emmanuel Ogbah (remember him) now with Miami is tied for 3rd in the AFC and 6th in the NFL with 6 sacks.

This despite playing 1 less game as Miami has already had their bye in week 7.

So Browns OG Chris Hubbard tested positive today, Browns shut down facility, ran down the who it was and contact traced who he was in contact with. They are re-opening facility now at 3pm and trying to get a practice in so I think we're in the clear.

Hoping Teller is ready to get back after it and that we don't have any injuries on the line Sunday. Supposed to be crappy weather again so hoping HOU gets a big dose of Cleveland's Chubb :excited:

Trying to determine who the better TE is for today.  Both have had a good repoire with Baker.

Hooper - 33 Targets, 22 Rec, 205 yds, 1 TD

Bryant - 21 Targets, 15 Rec, 151 yds, 3 TD

Hooper returning is a boon for CLE, especially in the running game.  But Baker has found Bryant more in the End Zone (mainly Wk 3 and Wk 7).  Hooper managed to hit paydirt in wk 4.  Bryant stepped up with Hooper out, especially vs CIN.  Houston doesn't cover the TEs well.  With OBJ out, I'm assuming the TEs may get more involved, along with a returning Chubb.  

I think I'm talking my way into starting Hooper.  I don't have Bryant, but he's on the WW, where there are slim pickens.  Am I over thinking this one?

6 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Curious what locals in CLE are seeing out their window by gametime...

Cold front is supposed to come through around kickoff, so what's going on out there right now (a lot of rain, some wind) isn't gonna be what they're dealing with during the game (scattered rain, colder, and A LOT of wind). 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Enough weather concerns to make the browns d a good play?

theyre never a good play. 

Hope more Jacob Phillips and healthy Garrett/Ogunjobi make them a playable option later this season, but regardless of conditions they are a hard pass right now.

I'll get greedy and add a Karl Joseph replaces Sendejo request to my pie in the sky wishlist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Enough weather concerns to make the browns d a good play?

I’m rolling the dice with them; check out their upcoming schedule:

11: Eagles

12: Jags

15: Giants

16: JETS

Good, boring win. Brilliant play by Chubb to end it.

im a browns fan, first and foremost... but as good as hunt was today, we lose this game without chubb

man. is. a. DEMON.

5 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

im a browns fan, first and foremost... but as good as hunt was today, we lose this game without chubb

man. is. a. DEMON.

Chubb’s vision is superior. 

Chubb top end speed is also a little better than Hunt.

Hunt runs hard for sure though.   

Great 1A, 1B combo.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

man. is. a. DEMON.

This smells suspiciously like a veiled Josh Gordon rebound post.

1 hour ago, beer 30 said:

This smells suspiciously like a veiled Josh Gordon rebound post.

nah ive been touting chubb well before we drafted him. i PRAYED we drafted him. 

anyways... we needed that 2 headed monster today. like i said, i doubt we win without it.

On 10/26/2020 at 12:41 AM, amnesiac said:

I think we’ve already seen what they will do.  can they keep it up?  hopefully.  

I think we will see addition by subtraction.  

not hating on Beckham, but for whatever reason, he and Mayfield just never clicked.  

OBJ got injured early on a throw by Baker against the Steelers so he did not have many (any) opportunities in that game so look at the first five games he played and what the offense did.

First five games Browns score:

• 157 points
  • 31.4 points per game

Last four games with virtually no OBJ Browns score:

• 60 points
  • 15 points per game

Bad weather but only one strong defense where he played 3 snaps and got injured early in the 1st quarter so he basically had no opportunities in that game.

Two freak weather games and no Chubb/Teller played a huge role.  

If you looked into the impact he had with the Giants you would found out that opposing defensive coordinators began preparations when facing the Giants by installing bracket coverage to protect against OBJ meaning their entire coverage scheme was set-up to stop or limit OBJ.

We don't have a guy to force bracket coverage so that is a big reason why the Raiders were playing their safety up in the box and why Jonathan Abram was blowing everything up.  We got Chubb and Teller back and that helps a lot so lets see what the offense does over the next few games but with OBJ the offense was scoring over 30 points per game even with the stinker Baltimore game to start the season.

Anyone that reads anything out of the last two games in regards to the loss of OBJ is force narrative fitting and should be ignored. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Browns getting hit with the 'Rona stick this week. Close contact to Andy Janovich my guess.

Jack Conklin, Cody Parkey, Charley Hughlett (who? the long snapper). All placed in quarantine w/close contact to someone who tested positive. 

Browns getting hit with the 'Rona stick this week. Close contact to Andy Janovich my guess.

Jack Conklin, Cody Parkey, Charley Hughlett (who? the long snapper). All placed in quarantine w/close contact to someone who tested positive. 

dang, this morning they didn't mention any of those guys.  IF they're out Sunday,

Conklin will be misssed.

Parkey and Hughlett... eh, just go for two.

1 minute ago, amnesiac said:

dang, this morning they didn't mention any of those guys.  IF they're out Sunday,

Conklin will be misssed.

Parkey and Hughlett... eh, just go for two.

It just came out when I posted so ***BREAKING NEWS***

So from what I hear, the weather is going to be #### again Sunday. How many times did we punt the last two weeks? They punted 4 times last week and twice during the LV game (due primarily to not having the ball). I always get that hair on the back of my neck feeling when the long snapper goes down. Hughlett has started 89 games for us and one of the backups is Mack Wilson. I don't have a warm fuzzy about that. Certainly will make for a different approach if they really can't go.

If these instances are based on "contact" with someone who has COVID, then it may be just a matter of isolating for a couple of days and retesting.  This shouldn't keep them from playing on Sunday.  Now if they have contracted COVID, that is a different story.  

Remember, Baker was placed on the same list about the same time last week, then was playing on Sunday.  I think it's more of a "let's keep monitoring these fools" over the next couple of days.

13 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

So from what I hear, the weather is going to be #### again Sunday. 

Still at least a couple days from having a better read on this, but long range doesn't indicate anything problematic right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peak said:

If these instances are based on "contact" with someone who has COVID, then it may be just a matter of isolating for a couple of days and retesting.  This shouldn't keep them from playing on Sunday.  Now if they have contracted COVID, that is a different story.  

Remember, Baker was placed on the same list about the same time last week, then was playing on Sunday.  I think it's more of a "let's keep monitoring these fools" over the next couple of days.

I've not expended much energy monitoring this, but this is at least generally correct. Baker was put on the list earlier and was cleared by Wednesday, but the timeframe was only a few days. Helps that we're at home too. Road games players need to be cleared before travel, but home games players have until the day of.

• Thanks 1

I always get that hair on the back of my neck feeling when the long snapper goes down. Hughlett has started 89 games for us and one of the backups is Mack Wilson. I don't have a warm fuzzy about that. Certainly will make for a different approach if they really can't go.

D'oh!  I wasn't thinking about punts.  good point.  

maybe they can do the half turn and toss like the kids do in flag football?

#### Barkley.  

Chubb would murder him in a fight. 

I hate these “talking head” blowhard hot take jerkoffs.  

:rant:

:rant over:

14 minutes ago, amnesiac said:

#### Barkley.  

he said it jokingly cuz chubb cost him $ on the spread. he loves chubb

12 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

he said it jokingly cuz chubb cost him $ on the spread. he loves chubb

I didn’t see the clip, but I read the transcript. 

still a very stupid thing to say.  

he gets paid to be stupid I guess.  

Well ####, Myles out for Sunday. Just announced on the radio, placed on the COVID-19 list.

17 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Well ####, Myles out for Sunday. Just announced on the radio, placed on the COVID-19 list.

**smashes the over**

• Laughing 1

18 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Just when it looked like we had something to get excited about with some pieces of the defense.

S Ronnie Harrison is really starting to emerge.  I didn't realize he's 6'3 and 214 lbs.  He can move and with that size he's got range.  

Not sure what to make of OLB  Mack Wilson but he has flashed some plays lately.

Then it looks like Jacob Phillips will be back and reports are that he 'looks' the most imposing of all of the linebackers.  

The new generation Browns have never beaten Philly.  Wentz has been turning the ball over.  I felt we could get pressure and create some opportunities but with Myles out...  

What is this defense going to look like without Myles and how long is he going to be out?

8 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

What is this defense going to look like without Myles and how long is he going to be out?

Two words...track meet.

It sounds like he has tested positive but they haven't come out and said it yet. If he does, minimum of 2 weeks, right? If not then probably by next weeks game if he gets over whatever the sickness is (reported flu-like symptoms).

ETA - just reported he tested positive today. Has been out of the facility all week so probably minimal impact to the rest of the team

Edited by beer 30

3 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

What is this defense going to look like without Myles?

2 choices - look at the final 4 games from last year or instead just projectile vomit.

Just now, beer 30 said:

Two words...track meet.

It sounds like he has tested positive but they haven't come out and said it yet. If he does, minimum of 2 weeks, right? If not then probably by next weeks game if he gets over whatever the sickness is (reported flu-like symptoms).

I don't know what the NFL positive test protocol isolation is.  I think if they show no signs and retest they play but the initial report was he was showing 'cold like' symptoms.   So...   ???

If anything positive can come from this it would be that we eek out wins the next two weeks and then have a healthy and fresh Myles against Tennessee and Baltimore and 'hopefully' the playoffs?

1 minute ago, Bracie Smathers said:

I don't know what the NFL positive test protocol isolation is.  I think if they show no signs and retest they play but the initial report was he was showing 'cold like' symptoms.   So...   ???

If anything positive can come from this it would be that we eek out wins the next two weeks and then have a healthy and fresh Myles against Tennessee and Baltimore and 'hopefully' the playoffs?

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

---

I wouldn't assume anything about how he will play once he returns, especially if he develops symptoms.

7 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

---

I wouldn't assume anything about how he will play once he returns, especially if he develops symptoms.

Is is safe to assume the next step is players deemed "close contact" with Myles to come next?  Seems those players would be hard to make it through protocol in time for a game 48 hours away.

18 minutes ago, chad in Indy said:

Is is safe to assume the next step is players deemed "close contact" with Myles to come next?  Seems those players would be hard to make it through protocol in time for a game 48 hours away.

Not necessarily, he was a DNP at practice all week. We'll find out soon if this is the case, but it's possible he hasn't had a close contact with anyone on the team since Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

just hope Garrett gets better and can come back and play in a few weeks.  

in the meantime, they gotta protect the football and control the clock.