What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (11 Viewers)

That game looked remarkably similar to game 1, in every sense of the word.

The defense and special teams have some nice building blocks for the future, but this team will continue to be a double digit loss team without more play makers on offense and a coaching staff that can make and react to adjustments at halftime. Unfortunately it looks like next season there seems to be a shortage of play makers on offense coming out next year. Wonderful.

at least we're done with the easy part of the schedule.

we can move on to the blowouts, and not have to put up with the "golly, if only this had bounced our way, we coulda won" stuff.

Daboll OR Daboll & Mangini will be fired by the bye week, imo.

Guys, I am not a Browns follower, but what is the word on the QB situation both for the remainder of the season and into next season? Does Delhomme get his starting gig back next week? Then is there any chance McCoy gets the starting nod before the end of the year or does he have the chance to be the starter next year?

I own Delhomme as a back-up but for keeper reasons I a looking at acquiring McCoy via free agency in our league. Thinking about picking p McCoy then as the season winds down try to convince someone to buy on McCoy.

footballguy#1 said:
James Davis going to start getting some touches this week?
supposedly. according to Davis, he's the fastest player on the team...

Now Davis said he is 100 percent healthy and about seven pounds heavier than a year ago at 213 pounds. He said there's no question that he is the team's fastest player on offense.

"Definitely. I can pretty much tell," he said.
plain dealer

I've been a pretty big Harrison supporter, but Hillis looked like a load yesterday.

3 losses and 3 games they had a chance to win. The schedule isn't going to get much tougher.

Bengals 2-1

Falcons 2-1

Steelers 3-0

Saints 2-1

Patriots 2-1

Jets 2-1

The Browns could EASILY be 0-9 to start the season. At what point does somebody get fired? If they head into the bye week at 0-7 does somebody get fired?

Then Jacksonville, Carolina, Miami, Buffalo. This is their chance to win some games?

Then back to Bengals, Ravens, Steelers to finish the season.

Love the effort as far as I'm concerned. Alot of physical play and it's not just Hillis, it's the team.

I'm mostly disappointed in some of the play calling still. I don't understand 3rd and 2 plays that are 25-30 yard fade routes. I don't care if it's single coverage. Not only do we lack playmakers at WR, we don't seem to have QBs that can make that play. They've been throwing these up all year. Half of them end up out of bounds. And we never throw them short (maybe draw a PI or get the CB out of position thinking long)...not sure if that's design or failure between the QB and WR to know when to make those adjustments mid-play.

And how in the hell did Wright keep getting lined up on Boldin? That's massive failure, especially when the pass rush is virtually non-existent. Throw Haden on him and let's see what he can do. Who was Brown covering all game? That's adjustment issues.

I'm not sure how the head rolling will start, or when. But you gotta think it's coming. And that's the problem, no stability, EVER it seems.

i was pissed when Baltimore signed Boldin.

i know they had other issues, and it's a team game, but does anyone else think the outcome of that game yesterday would've been different if the Browns had signed Boldin instead of Baltimore?

Guys, I am not a Browns follower, but what is the word on the QB situation both for the remainder of the season and into next season? Does Delhomme get his starting gig back next week? Then is there any chance McCoy gets the starting nod before the end of the year or does he have the chance to be the starter next year?I own Delhomme as a back-up but for keeper reasons I a looking at acquiring McCoy via free agency in our league. Thinking about picking p McCoy then as the season winds down try to convince someone to buy on McCoy.
It is planned that McCoy will not be on the field for 1 play this season. Not even sure the status of Delhomme. Even here in Cleveland, Delhomme was listed as doubtful but was not considered out until about 11:30-12:00 yesterday before the game. If I were you, I wouldn't even worry about McCoy in any fantasy league unless you carry about 6 QBs. And if Kolb gets traded here, McCoy may becoem an afterthought.

Love the effort as far as I'm concerned. Alot of physical play and it's not just Hillis, it's the team.I'm mostly disappointed in some of the play calling still. I don't understand 3rd and 2 plays that are 25-30 yard fade routes. I don't care if it's single coverage. Not only do we lack playmakers at WR, we don't seem to have QBs that can make that play. They've been throwing these up all year. Half of them end up out of bounds. And we never throw them short (maybe draw a PI or get the CB out of position thinking long)...not sure if that's design or failure between the QB and WR to know when to make those adjustments mid-play. And how in the hell did Wright keep getting lined up on Boldin? That's massive failure, especially when the pass rush is virtually non-existent. Throw Haden on him and let's see what he can do. Who was Brown covering all game? That's adjustment issues.I'm not sure how the head rolling will start, or when. But you gotta think it's coming. And that's the problem, no stability, EVER it seems.
Dixon and Minnifield at 51 and 50 years old could have covered Boldin better than Eric Wright did.

And how in the hell did Wright keep getting lined up on Boldin? That's massive failure, especially when the pass rush is virtually non-existent.
Flacco just threw it at whoever Wright was covering, when he was given a rest from Boldin the ball still went his way - whether he was on Housh or Mason.Mangini's comments in the press conference afterward about why Wright was left on an island were embarrassingly hilarious.

MAC_32 said:
Bobcat10 said:
And how in the hell did Wright keep getting lined up on Boldin? That's massive failure, especially when the pass rush is virtually non-existent.
Flacco just threw it at whoever Wright was covering, when he was given a rest from Boldin the ball still went his way - whether he was on Housh or Mason.Mangini's comments in the press conference afterward about why Wright was left on an island were embarrassingly hilarious.
Well let's let Housh or Mason beat us.Yes, I caught the comments last night. What a joke.

i was pissed when Baltimore signed Boldin.i know they had other issues, and it's a team game, but does anyone else think the outcome of that game yesterday would've been different if the Browns had signed Boldin instead of Baltimore?
:hophead: I'm guessing he wanted nothing to do with the Browns.

Sure looks like 0-9. I say Mangini makes it to 0-5.

Week 3 @BAL

Week 4 CIN

Week 5 ATL

Week 6 @PIT

Week 7 @NO

BYE

Week 9 NE

Week 10 NYJ
People really need to lay off of Mangini. The guy gets a bad rap but he is doing a pretty good job.
:kicksrock: The worst thing the Browns could do right now is fire Mangini. The Browns just need some playmakers on offense, especially at the WR position. The offensive line is good, and the defense is much improved, save Eric Wright.

Sure looks like 0-9. I say Mangini makes it to 0-5.

Week 3 @BAL

Week 4 CIN

Week 5 ATL

Week 6 @PIT

Week 7 @NO

BYE

Week 9 NE

Week 10 NYJ
People really need to lay off of Mangini. The guy gets a bad rap but he is doing a pretty good job.
:lmao: The worst thing the Browns could do right now is fire Mangini. The Browns just need some playmakers on offense, especially at the WR position. The offensive line is good, and the defense is much improved, save Eric Wright.
Right. They only lost the first 3 games by a total of 12 points. It's not like they had been getting blown out like some teams.

Sure looks like 0-9. I say Mangini makes it to 0-5.Week 3 @BALWeek 4 CINWeek 5 ATLWeek 6 @PITWeek 7 @NOBYEWeek 9 NEWeek 10 NYJ
He benches Delhomme when he gets hurt week 1, we might win. The poor clock mgmt late rubbed salt in the wound.We give Cribbs the ball more than once in the 2nd half in week 2, we might win.He makes an adjustment and gives Wright some help week 3, we might win. Giving it to our freight train RB who had tallied 144 yards against one of the leagues best run D's instead of throwing a deep fade that we haven't completed all year on the game clinching 3rd and 2 also rubbed salt in the wound.Noticing a trend? This is just off the top of my head, I know there's more. Maybe he's just a slow learner because this week he finally leaned on our only reliable play makers - Hillis, Cribbs, and Watson - and left Seneca on the field (who created something out of nothing several times on plays in which Delhomme would have been sacked/thrown the ball away or to the other team) but the coaching staff lost our first 3 games by not doing the little things needed to win, especially on a team that can't afford many mistakes like this one.Honestly, and I hate playing this card, but we should be 3-1 right now.

Expecting another close win this weekend.
i'd be happy losing to Atlanta at home if it meant a win in Pittsburgh, but of course it doesn't work that way.Atlanta has been winning by the skin of their teeth, and traditionally are not a good road team, so it is possible the Browns could pull out a win this weekend.i'm not holding my breath though.

amnesiac said:
will the Browns ever run out of new ways to lose?
Well, I hear Colt is starting Sunday. If that's true, I think your answer is no.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Browns offense is pathetic. This is their 12 season back in the league. Assuming their offense doesn't catch fire (I'd say that's pretty safe), this will be the 8th time in 12 seasons that their offense has ranked 29th or worse. That means they have been in the bottom 4 of the league in offense for 8 of the past 12 seasons. Browns offense sux!

How are they so bad year after year?

How did they not address their WR corp? They barely qualify (do they qualify?) as NFL caliber players.

How do you pick up Jake Delhomme, who had 8 TD, 18 INT and 6 fumbles in 11 games last year. He also had a 59.4 rating in 2009.

Seriously, Mike Bell for Jerome Harrison?

With the 52nd pick of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select, David Veikune. WTF was that all about?! The next 2 players selected: LeSean McCoy and Phil Loadholdt

Marcus Bernard, he should be playing more. He has 3.5 sacks in very limited (3rd down) playing time. I'm guessing this means they will figure out a way to keep him off the field or get rid of him. It seems to be what they do with anybody who is actually productive.

Am I missing anything?

i thought the same thing when they traded Quinn for a fullback, but i think that turned out OK.i'm willing to give this staff some time to aquire some talent.although i thought drafting Hardesty was pretty stupid. at least Ward has stayed healthy.

i thought the same thing when they traded Quinn for a fullback, but i think that turned out OK.i'm willing to give this staff some time to aquire some talent.

although i thought drafting Hardesty was pretty stupid. at least Ward has stayed healthy.
Thank you. This team is competitive, but they have 0 playmakers on offense. Give them another year or two to aquire some talent on offense and go from there. I hate starting over every couple years. I know I'll take #### for this, but I actually like Mangini. For the first time in a long time, I feel that the Browns have a coach with a plan. Give the dude a chance.

i thought the same thing when they traded Quinn for a fullback, but i think that turned out OK.i'm willing to give this staff some time to aquire some talent.

although i thought drafting Hardesty was pretty stupid. at least Ward has stayed healthy.
Thank you. This team is competitive, but they have 0 playmakers on offense. Give them another year or two to aquire some talent on offense and go from there. I hate starting over every couple years. I know I'll take #### for this, but I actually like Mangini. For the first time in a long time, I feel that the Browns have a coach with a plan. Give the dude a chance.
i like Mangini too. they have been competitive in every game.but the record does not lie. they are still not a good team, and that's frustrating.

i like Mangini too. they have been competitive in every game.but the record does not lie. they are still not a good team, and that's frustrating.
Yeah, it's frustrating, but I don't think firing Mangini and hiring a new coach will do anything but set this team back a few more years. A QB is needed, of course, but IMO, no QB in the world would do well with the current WRs. I've been cautiously optomistic with Cribbs progress at the WR position this year... time will tell, but I think Massaquoi and Robiskie are terrible. Shame, because I liked Robiskie in college.

Yeah, it's frustrating, but I don't think firing Mangini and hiring a new coach will do anything but set this team back a few more years. A QB is needed, of course, but IMO, no QB in the world would do well with the current WRs. I've been cautiously optomistic with Cribbs progress at the WR position this year... time will tell, but I think Massaquoi and Robiskie are terrible. Shame, because I liked Robiskie in college.
odd too, because it seemed like most pundits had Robiskie as having the lowest ceiling and highest floor.if Massaquoi and Robiskie both bust, Mangini's draft was pretty much an epic fail.

but they seem to have done well signing players from other teams practice squads i guess.

odd too, because it seemed like most pundits had Robiskie as having the lowest ceiling and highest floor.if Massaquoi and Robiskie both bust, Mangini's draft was pretty much an epic fail.but they seem to have done well signing players from other teams practice squads i guess.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of coaches controlling the draft process. Mack was a decent pick IMO... I know, they could have had Sanchez, but they did need a center in the worst way. Holmgren and Heckert are in charge of the draft now, so hopefully they do the job. Barring Hardesty's injury, the first 4 picks were decent enough IMO. Ward looks like a future stud, and Haden and Lauvao appear to be future starters. Can't really complain with grabbing 3 future starters in a draft.

You guys wouldn't trade Mangini for Chucky next year? I'm all over that....and I don't really have much dislike for Mangini. Not sure how much of a start over that is either...I mean what are we really starting over from on offense? Keep Ryan if possible though...

Bobcat10 said:
You guys wouldn't trade Mangini for Chucky next year? I'm all over that....and I don't really have much dislike for Mangini. Not sure how much of a start over that is either...I mean what are we really starting over from on offense? Keep Ryan if possible though...
:thumbup: Mangini's in-game decisions are maddening, which was my biggest concern when we got him...and he hasn't changed at all.

McCoy held his own today. He certainly didn't have that deer in headlights look, and kept his eyes downfield for the most part. The WRs killed him. They simply couldn't get any seperation at all. All in all, I'm very happy with Colt's performance today.

Users who are viewing this thread