What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (15 Viewers)

MAC_32 said:
Fallerjw said:
Is anybody else finding it harder and harder to care about how inept the Browns are? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 15 straight years..... :wall:
My recommendation is to start with exceedingly low expectations.Maybe these guys will fix QB before 2014...maybe add another WR too...and there will be something to look forward to. We'll see.
Being a Browns and Skins fan, I like the fact that my football season is usually over by week three or so. Frees up my weekends.

MAC_32 said:
I think the Browns have a decent chance against the Vikings. The defense is pretty good against the run.

Ponder vs. Weeden... :X
A pretty good defense against the run <> Superhuman AD?
Peterson did not really have a good game against the Bears. So yeah he may be even more Hulk SMash! But we'll see.

Good thing for the Vikings you guys will have Flash Gordon back. Should be entertaining. Just hope it isn't a tie.

This could just be my bias as a Bills fan, but serious question: why did Greg Little make that team but David Nelson got cut? Was it because Little has been around and Nelson was not only coming off ACL repair but the new guy as well?

Nelson has never been a world beater, but he was very solid. And unlike Little, he can, you know, actually catch the ball. The Browns held onto him all summer, finally played him in the 4th preseason game and he had a nice stat line. He seems like he'd be a great complement to Gordon and Cameron. Did he look terrible in training camp/practices?

Is Josh Gordon going to do anything this week? I know Weeden is hurt, but can a Browns fan weigh in here?

He would have to take the starting spot of Steve Smith

This could just be my bias as a Bills fan, but serious question: why did Greg Little make that team but David Nelson got cut? Was it because Little has been around and Nelson was not only coming off ACL repair but the new guy as well?

Nelson has never been a world beater, but he was very solid. And unlike Little, he can, you know, actually catch the ball. The Browns held onto him all summer, finally played him in the 4th preseason game and he had a nice stat line. He seems like he'd be a great complement to Gordon and Cameron. Did he look terrible in training camp/practices?
Nelson never really got on the field enough as he was still recovering from his surgery. Did he get snapped up after his release by anyone? I'm not sure.

Little wasn't getting cut either way. He's actually a good compliment to Gordon and played well last year. Now he's just back to his dropping ways.

Holy Hoyer! Well Weeden is either really hurt or getting the shaft alot quicker than we all thought. He deserved to play at least one game with Gordon imo.

Looking like Lombardi's getting his way - pet project Hoyer in week 3 with the return of Gordon while the QB he never wanted goes to pasture before playing with his best weapon.

Lulz.

Cherry on top of the day, Greg Little. . .have a seat. Totally agree with the move, kid "might" have skills but you gotta catch the ball man. Call up Braylon Edwards and see how it worked out for him, I think he's available.

Cherry on top of the day, Greg Little. . .have a seat. Totally agree with the move, kid "might" have skills but you gotta catch the ball man. Call up Braylon Edwards and see how it worked out for him, I think he's available.
He's so cheap next year it's difficult to imagine him getting cut, but...maybe? He's not the answer.

Personally, I feel ok with the decision to start Hoyer. Campbell seems like a known commodity to me. I had no confidence in his ability to get the job done last week in Baltimore. And I don't think he could beat Minnesota. Hoyer seems scrappy and resilient. I'd like to see what he can do.

So people think this is Weeden getting the permanent hook? Does seem like a minor injury to be ruled out of a game.

RevDawg said:
Personally, I feel ok with the decision to start Hoyer. Campbell seems like a known commodity to me. I had no confidence in his ability to get the job done last week in Baltimore. And I don't think he could beat Minnesota. Hoyer seems scrappy and resilient. I'd like to see what he can do.
I absolutely think Hoyer over Campbell is the right decision. Sucks for Campbell, but he's #2 game day QB. In a pinch guy. Unfortunately for him he signed before Hoyer was brought in. I'm not sure Campbell would be here if Hoyer was here first.

seems like Hoyers been with three teams. if there was something there... wouldn't one of those teams kept him?

still, Weeden doesn't look good so far, and they know what Campbell is (and he deserves to be benched just for that last 4 yard toss he made on 4th and 12 or whatever it was)

guess they may as well throw Hoyer in there and see what happens.

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
MAC_32 said:
beer 302 said:
He's so cheap next year it's difficult to imagine him getting cut, but...maybe? He's not the answer.
The answer to what? If people keep wanting him to live up to his draft day spot and be a #1 WR, they're dreaming. That was a long time ago. He was a project coming into the league, the people that drafted him thought he could be a #1, but now we know what he is. He is a complement WR in the right situation, or simply a backup that sees the field in 4 wide situations. He's big and physical, should be a good blocker right? I think he's been complemented on that aspect before.

I don't think his newest traffic incident helped either. Management needs to show control in the locker room.

seems like Hoyers been with three teams. if there was something there... wouldn't one of those teams kept him?
You would think so...but...

Why was he let go in NE? Because they had Brady and Mallett?

He was emergency in Pitt, brought in super late in the season.

He started a game or two in Arizona, then they cleaned house. Is anyone surprised Arians and Co. didn't resign him? I'm not.

Do I think Hoyer is the answer to our QB problems? Hell no! lol

You would think so...but...Why was he let go in NE? Because they had Brady and Mallett?

He started a game or two in Arizona, then they cleaned house. Is anyone surprised Arians and Co. didn't resign him? I'm not.

true. sometimes players fall through the cracks.i can't find any film on him anywhere.

MAC_32 said:
beer 302 said:
The answer to what? If people keep wanting him to live up to his draft day spot and be a #1 WR, they're dreaming. That was a long time ago. He was a project coming into the league, the people that drafted him thought he could be a #1, but now we know what he is. He is a complement WR in the right situation, or simply a backup that sees the field in 4 wide situations. He's big and physical, should be a good blocker right? I think he's been complemented on that aspect before.

I don't think his newest traffic incident helped either. Management needs to show control in the locker room.
I don't think he is even a complimentary WR. He's a liability.

You would think so...but...

Why was he let go in NE? Because they had Brady and Mallett?

Probably not, but he could be our bridge to the franchise guy. He's only started one game ever.

I'm not "I High" homer guy...but it's pretty sweet that a local kid in Hoyer is probably getting to fulfill his childhood dream. It's cool when any local kid ends up making it professionally, but this is even more special.

Not surprised one bit if you put together the pieces of what Mary Cay was saying today on the radio.

So obviously this regime doesn't think TRich is a "special" player and was never worth a top 5 pick in any draft. They get back a (mid/late) 1st and a 4th (what I've heard) for a position that they feel is filled by means other than 1st round picks. Seems like they are trying to make up for what they feel are major mistakes made by the previous regime (and wanting to do it their way) and getting a pretty good chunk of a full dollar in return.

At least that's what the optimist would say.

My wife is already on her way to Kohl's to get a refund on the $70 #33 jersey we got my 8 yr old for his birthday a few weeks ago. He wore it twice. Usually it takes a full season for the player to get traded or cut after my son gets a jersey.

I think it's a great deal for Cleveland.
Well, I know where you are coming from. It is unusual for teams to trade RBs for 1st round draft picks but the thing is that this could turn the team on the front office and they could phone-in the season.

Fans just want a watchable product and right now the Browns aren't furnishing it.

That just flat out sucks.

It's terrible for Cleveland. It means you have to sell your fans on 14 games of horrific weaponry so that you can rely on a rookie qb. How do you sell that to the team that is busting their butts?

Just a horrible decision.

The double secret probation uber plan to get a high high number 1 pick next year and make those picks traded for even better is in effect.

The Browns will also have a great amount under the cap ti spend.

I'm not so sure Bridgewater is the answer either.

RT

G's

CB

S

WR's

but not necessarily in that order, is a huge shopping list.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's terrible for Cleveland. It means you have to sell your fans on 14 games of horrific weaponry so that you can rely on a rookie qb. How do you sell that to the team that is busting their butts?

Just a horrible decision.
I would agree with this. They should have put this together before the season started. To do this 2 games in has got to absolutely destroy morale.

As for the actual trade itself, heck, who knows. Have to see who we get next year...

I am shocked by this trade, wow.

This makes the COlts slightly better, which lowers the value of the pick they traded Richardson for.

I wish Trent Richardson the best of luck with the Colts, I thought he was a class act.

Awesome press conference. A bunch of clown reporters trying to get the front office to say 'yeah we traded TRich so we can get a franchise qB and we have given up on this season'.

Not surprised one bit if you put together the pieces of what Mary Cay was saying today on the radio.

So obviously this regime doesn't think TRich is a "special" player and was never worth a top 5 pick in any draft. They get back a (mid/late) 1st and a 4th (what I've heard) for a position that they feel is filled by means other than 1st round picks. Seems like they are trying to make up for what they feel are major mistakes made by the previous regime (and wanting to do it their way) and getting a pretty good chunk of a full dollar in return.

At least that's what the optimist would say.

My wife is already on her way to Kohl's to get a refund on the $70 #33 jersey we got my 8 yr old for his birthday a few weeks ago. He wore it twice. Usually it takes a full season for the player to get traded or cut after my son gets a jersey.
Got my kids jerseys with our last name on it & let them pick a number.

Much better than dealing with the disappointment.

Nelson never really got on the field enough as he was still recovering from his surgery. Did he get snapped up after his release by anyone? I'm not sure.

Little wasn't getting cut either way. He's actually a good compliment to Gordon and played well last year. Now he's just back to his dropping ways.
I did like what I saw of Nelson in one game that I watched where he actually played. I am not seeing that any team has picked him up as yet. But it is possible someone did or will in the near future.

As a Vikings fan I feel like I owe Lombardi a thank you of some sort for trading away Richardson right before they play the Browns. Guess I should not complain about the timing of Gordon coming back. I was kind of looking forward to Peterson vs. Richardson duel.

I still contend the biggest mistake of the franchise in recent years was giving Pat a 2nd year (which kept Holmgren and Co. here longer). It was so obvious.

I still contend the biggest mistake of the franchise in recent years was giving Pat a 2nd year (which kept Holmgren and Co. here longer). It was so obvious.
rg3 was worse. Trade for him. Then garcon comes here. Then chip comes here instead of settling for Vick.

Users who are viewing this thread