Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

Win on its way Thursday. We took them lightly last year, won't repeat the mistake.

Man if we had started hoyer instead of that bum week one...

possibly. Miami was a winnable game.

Win on its way Thursday. We took them lightly last year, won't repeat the mistake.

both of them were

I feel bad for Bernie but he is one that gets on the radio every time someone gets popped and preaches about getting a ride. Dude can't get out of his own way. Pretty sure he just blew the announcing gig he had that he was on thin ice for anyhow because of his comments earlier this season.

On the upside, Browns on a 2 game win streak, Tribe in the playoffs and stillers have lost on two continents. Life is good!

both of them were
never felt like they were in the Baltimore game, even when they were ahead.

but... maybe Hoyer could have been the difference? just felt like they played like crap most of that game.

I guess the Browns are gonna screw this up and be out of the Bridgewater sweepstakes....Oak and Jax will definitely want Bridgewater and they both are on track for a winless season.

I guess the Browns are gonna screw this up and be out of the Bridgewater sweepstakes....Oak and Jax will definitely want Bridgewater and they both are on track for a winless season.

First place Browns have Hoyer.

These posts are getting old already.

Edited by Bobcat10

Assume the Steelers collapse and finish with the #2 overall pick. They don't need a QB. They want both first rounders plus your 2015 first rounder to trade down and let you draft your QB (assume you drool over Manziel). If you don't, the Steelers select Clowney and Manziel winds up with the Raiders who have the #3 pick, and you get nothing.

What do you do?

Assume the Steelers collapse and finish with the #2 overall pick. They don't need a QB. They want both first rounders plus your 2015 first rounder to trade down and let you draft your QB (assume you drool over Manziel). If you don't, the Steelers select Clowney and Manziel winds up with the Raiders who have the #3 pick, and you get nothing.

What do you do?

assuming the Steelers see a franchise qb worthy of the pick they pick that guy and trade Ben.

First place Browns have Hoyer.

He's about the only decent QB left on my keeper league waiver wire. Worth a shot?

Hard to imagine how Weeden won that QB "competition" in retrospect.

Even more interesting when you include the fact that Hoyer was the #3 and jumped ahead of Campbell @ #2

Even more interesting when you include the fact that Hoyer was the #3 and jumped ahead of Campbell @ #2
i think everybody knows what Campbell is at this point.

you can throw him in a game and he can run the offense. he's the clear cut backup.

i wouldn't be surprised to see Weeden at #3 and see him leapfrog Campbell again for the next start if Hoyer were to go down.

It's our only one til we get flexed in a big AFCN game!

Wearing brown on brown tonight!

Weeden time...idiot fans already booing him. Good coverage on his first attempt. Second attempt had a defensive player in his face 1 second after getting the snap.

Weeden time...idiot fans already booing him. Good coverage on his first attempt. Second attempt had a defensive player in his face 1 second after getting the snap.

I really don't like booing our own players, no matter how bad. They booed Perez last night too.

I'LL TAKE THAT 3 GAME WIN STREAK THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

So, Hoyer? ACL maybe?

LCL according to an earlier game thread post. I think that's it for him.

Edited by PlasmaDogPlasma

I really don't like booing our own players, no matter how bad. They booed Perez last night too.

I don't care about booing if it's called for. Like the announcers (or maybe it was Irvin) said, it was like the line just decided not to block when Weeden entered. That said, it's pretty clear Weeden is not the future...but I do think he's good enough to get this team to 8-8, maybe even win this division.

And ya, I was there last night, and did not boo Perez. He actually had some nuts to tell the manager he wasn't right and didn't want to cost the team the playoffs. Not many could do that. Stoner or non stoner.

I'LL TAKE THAT 3 GAME WIN STREAK THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

So, Hoyer? ACL maybe?

LCL according to an earlier game thread post. I think that's it for him.

I should say we won't really know for sure until tomorrow.

Good interview by Weeden, imo. Good guy. Came right out and said what Hoyer does better than he does. Maybe he'll improve on that.

If this team gets 1-2 more solid as hell OLs this draft.... good lord.

and we really do need a RB... ben tate

ol + ben tate... good lord, we may be playoff bound and fears

Congrats Clev. You are officially in 1st place of the AFC North. Even if it is just for a few days, well done.

Im trying to hold myself back from thinking about playoffs...

but I havent seen us at the top this 'deep' into the season in a loooooong while it seems

but I havent seen us at the top this 'deep' into the season in a loooooong while it seems

Don't think about the playoffs now. We could just as easily end the season 5-11. The schedule is not easy here on out.

I'm cheering for the Browns and their fans. That town sports wise has been through hell. Do you guys think Lombardi goes after Freeman?

Don't think about the playoffs now. We could just as easily end the season 5-11. The schedule is not easy here on out.

In the next 5 you've got DET and BAL at home which are certainly not locks but are winnable, and 3 tough road games (KC,GB, CIN) that I would expect them to probably lose.

But 4 of the last 6 are VERY winnable (PIT, JAX, @NYJ, @PIT) and CHI at home is not unwinnable either.

In the next 5 you've got DET and BAL at home which are certainly not locks but are winnable, and 3 tough road games (KC,GB, CIN) that I would expect them to probably lose.

But 4 of the last 6 are VERY winnable (PIT, JAX, @NYJ, @PIT) and CHI at home is not unwinnable either.

If Clev can just win the divisional games on that slate they will be in very good shape. I think they can, but you never know.

The team has to rely on QB Brandon Weeden. Last night he came in off the bench in a game with a quick turnaround so he didn't get reps and didn't know the game plan so Norv Turner was calling plays that he knew from the first two weeks of the season.

At first Turner was trying to call plays that Hoyer and the rest of the team had worked on and were in the game plan but Weeden didn't know the plays and that is why the communication was messed-up and why he looked lost and was late getting up to the line and gettting plays off.

He simply HAS to get better in knowing the game plan so he can get the team lined up quickly where he can look over the defense. He actually did a decent job of calling run audibles at the line but he was working with a very limited game plan which wasn't even installed to match up against the Bills personnel.

The biggest issue with Weeden, and it was painfully obvious last night, is he is too damn slow pulling the trigger on his throws. Hoyer got the ball off much quicker and cleaner and Hoyer had the ability to THROW OPEN WRs before they made their cuts so he wasn't waiting for guys to get separation as Weeden does.

The defense is better than what it showed last night, lots of guys OUT on the short turnaround week so they should, fingers crossed, be healthier at least in the next game against Detroit. But the team has to rely on and is at the mercy of QB Brandon Weeden.

Last week I saw the big storyline as the defense and the development of Brian Hoyer.

Now its all about Weeden.

He has to go deeper into himself because he CAN DO the same things that Hoyer was doing IF he throws it up, as he did with that deep TD pass to Gordon. Pulling the trigger and trusting the reciever to make the play but he's got to build that trust to PULL THE TRIGGER on short-quick horizontal routes and get that ball out quicker like Brian Hoyer was doing.

If he doesn't develop his game then the team will only go as far as the defense and special teams can take it and that won't take them to the post season.

The onus shifts to Weeden's ability to develop his game.

I'm not a huge josh freeman fan, but Id bet my balls theyre looking at him right now.

To be fair, he put up nice numbers with guys like VJax and Mike Williams, so I dont think he's a downgrade on Weeden at all. Definitely more mobile, and gets the ball off quicker than Weed (tho so does my grandmother)

Edited by Soulfly3

Did anyone catch Nessler call Little "Mr. Dependable" after he made a nice catch? Nessler didn't laugh, and neither did Mayock, but he had to be joking. I thought it was pretty funny...

Did anyone catch Nessler call Little "Mr. Dependable" after he made a nice catch? Nessler didn't laugh, and neither did Mayock, but he had to be joking. I thought it was pretty funny...

He did.

Though I think he mustve had an obstructed view at thought it was Gordon or Cameron.

Cuz.. you know...

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora1m

Brian Hoyer has a partial ACL tear only. Will get a second opinion and then get it repaired.

if it's non surgical it will take about three months of rehab.

if it is surgical, obviously it will take longer.

either way, it seems like this is about as good of news as they could've expected. looks like partial tears have better outcomes, based on what i've read.

looked like an LCL at first just because of the angle of his leg when he came down on it.

this would be why i shouldn't diagnose players through the tv set.

Stick a fork in Hoyer for the year.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter10m

Browns QB Brian Hoyer tore his ACL, an MRI confirmed. Done for season.

=================

Per Freeman?

If the Browns sign off on the off-field issues then Cleveland, with TE Jordan Cameron, OLT Joe Thomas to protect his blind-side, WR Josh Gordon, and most importantly of all Offensive Coordinator Norv Turner is the best option he has. Add in the shaky ground of 'starter' Brandon Weeden with a 'chance' to step-up and take control of the starting job.

Where else does he have that sort of chance, with that sort of player and coaching talent?

The decision rests on those off-field issues and ofcourse if Josh feels for some reason that he doesn't want to the chance to be a starter and just wants to sit on the bench behind someone like Tom Brady or ???

Obvious need and rare opportunity to get a young guy with experience and some 'possible' upside.

Are they gonna wait for Freeman to clear waivers, or are they stuck biting the bullet?

Assuming they do go after him

Are they gonna wait for Freeman to clear waivers, or are they stuck biting the bullet?

Is the main issue salary cap related in regards to waivers?

Is the main issue salary cap related in regards to waivers?

From what I understand, whoever plucks him off waivers is also responsible for an 8m bonus, unless I heard wrong.