Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
wadegarrett

**** CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD ****

I said or. There are also other very good wr options. I don't think playing 900 what if games is productive. Neither is this convo. I like him. A lot. I think NFL teams will over react to a less than dsireable 40. Given the wr depth he may become a bargain. He may not. All it tales is one team.

that is clear. he may be a bargain. he may not. and maybe you think he is top 25. or top 5. or top 15. thanks for clarifying and nailing down those points on where you stand.

(it just takes once, not 900 times to say where you think he goes, based on the hypothetical, speculative, what if-based [[you seem to be far more comfortable with it when you do it]] sub-optimal 40 time... you can also say, wait until the combine, which you did, but that undermines and self-refutes the whole premise of an expected sub-optimal 40 time).

tabled until the combine.

I'll try to be more vague in the future.

I think we should draft a pro bowl wrin the second round.

Better?

The club hasn't gotten blown out of any games this year, they got raped in New England, they've had to start 3 different quarterbacks. This isn't the 1999 starting from scratch with zero talent club.

Priority-1 seems to be to re-sign C Alex Mack in the off-season. Priority-2 resign SS TJ Ward. Draft the franchise QB if they feel one is avaiable.

We've got a solid, young core of players to turn things around quickly if we keep the core together and get that quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/28/five-browns-voted-to-pro-bowl/

Five Browns voted to Pro Bowl
Posted by Mike Wilkening on December 28, 2013, 12:28 AM EST

On Sunday, the Browns’ 2013 campaign concludes without a playoff berth for the 11th consecutive season.

However, those who believe Cleveland could soon have better days ahead can look to the Pro Bowl roster for reassurance.

Five Browns are slated to play in Hawaii in January: left tackle Joe Thomas, center Alex Mack, wide receiver Josh Gordon, tight end Jordan Cameron and cornerback Joe Haden.

For Thomas, it’s his 7th Pro Bowl nod. Mack, who’s a free agent at season’s end, has been selected to the Pro Bowl for the second time. Meanwhile, Gordon, Cameron and Haden are all slated to make their first appearances in the NFL’s all-star game.

Only Kansas City (eight players), San Francisco (eight) and Seattle (six) have more Pro Bowlers than Cleveland.

With two first-round picks in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Browns are poised to continue adding talented players to an already solid core. Now, it comes down to whether they can find a solution at quarterback, a position they have struggled to fill since returning to the NFL in 1999.

If we had a real QB we would be in the playoffs.

a real QB plus a few more sure tacklers on defense, definitely in the playoffs.

also Chud will have a years worth of head coaching experience under his belt.

Browns could easily be the most improved team next year, look at the Chiefs last year.

If we had a real QB we would be in the playoffs.

we'd win the division.

Chud's days as our head coach might be over

Shefter just tweeted his demise

Yep, buh bye

@AdamSchefter: From @mortreport: Browns will be firing HC Rob Chudzinski, per league sources. HC search begins again.

Really surprised by this. Could there have been philosophical differences?

Funny how Campbell kept getting the call when Weeden is sitting there coming off a career game.

Yep, buh bye

@AdamSchefter: From @mortreport: Browns will be firing HC Rob Chudzinski, per league sources. HC search begins again.

abso. #######. lutely. idiotic

haslam is the biggest POS in the business.

Yeah, fire the coach because the offense looked bad.

I mean seriously, how can ANY coach fail with Weeden, Campbell, Mcgahee, some guy named Fozzy, Ogbanaya, and some other clown holding down the fort in the backfield with the ball in their hands every play.

I dont care about Chud, but this just makes a dumb team look dumber.

So the new coach is going to get rid of Gordon...

he'll go to Detroit or somewhere, where he becomes a legend and shatters every WR record that exists.

Am I about right?

:lmao:

What a failure of a front office. Chud helps Gordon to become arguably the best young WR in the game. People actually know who Jordan Cameron is now & every QB that start for him this year exceeded expectations (go watch Jason Campbell 2012).

Lombardi will be out of a job within 2 years & shouldn't even have been hired to begin with. Have fun with Josh McDaniels (or whatever yes guy you bring in)

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

RT @FootballExpert: The last four coaches fired in the AFC North have been the coach of the Cleveland Browns.

Did this guy read the Jerry Jones/Daniel Snyder 'how to be a loser & suck as an owner' best seller?

Only way this makes sense is if they have someone lined up they really want that isn't coaching a playoff team like Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.

so what is their reasoning behind this move?

what is the plan moving forward?

this just seems baffling right now.

Who would've thought a guy skimming money from his gas station business wouldn't turn out to be a great NFL owner?

I know the Browns were lining up for Kojo, but w the 4 pick, we have a legit shot at Clowney.

can we pass on him??

It has gotten so bad (for a while now) that the Steelers fans I work with don't even make fun of me any more when we lose or do something stupid, or even when we lose to them like today. I just get a "good game".

I know the Browns were lining up for Kojo, but w the 4 pick, we have a legit shot at Clowney.

can we pass on him??

I hope so. I dont want him. I would rather take a shot at one of the QBs (even though I dont love anyone in this class) than Clowney

Edited by ghostguy123

Honestly you guys are much better off w/o Chud. Mike freaking Shula did more with less talent coaching the Carolian offense.

So which one of our coaches are you after next?

can we pass on him??

Why not. We've already got a clowney front office.

what a bizarre move

i agree.

but... most people felt the Trent Richardson trade was pretty weird at the time too...

Well that escalated quickly, wtf?

Haven't posted in here much this season because frankly the Browns don't deserve that much of my time but this is kinda odd. Whatever I guess, can't even roll out the "wait till next year" battle cry anymore.

what a bizarre move

i agree.

but... most people felt the Trent Richardson trade was pretty weird at the time too...

umm, so? So do we just keep doing unconventional stuff since it worked once?

what a bizarre move

i agree.

umm, so? So do we just keep doing unconventional stuff since it worked once?

maybe?

Well that escalated quickly, wtf?

Haven't posted in here much this season because frankly the Browns don't deserve that much of my time but this is kinda odd. Whatever I guess, can't even roll out the "wait till next year" battle cry anymore.

Just join Panthers nation and be done with it. At least we go to the playoffs once a decade.

• Like 1

Both the Browns and Panthers should have learned by now to stop hiring each others coaches. If you're going to hire a coach, bring someone in from a winning franchise.

Yeah, fire the coach because the offense looked bad.

I mean seriously, how can ANY coach fail with Weeden, Campbell, Mcgahee, some guy named Fozzy, Ogbanaya, and some other clown holding down the fort in the backfield with the ball in their hands every play.

I dont care about Chud, but this just makes a dumb team look dumber.

Completely agree.

What I heard from someone with some ties to the organization is that Chud was confrontational with Banner and Lombardi because they weren't consulting him before making personnel moves. So Banner and Lombardi got rid of him. Banner and Lombardi reportedly run things like mini-Hitlers (easy to believe for me since Banner operated the same way in Philly).

bottom line (and this sounds so obvious but we usually gloss over it) . . . there is plenty of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that factor into these decisions, yet we repeatedly criticize organizations for making personnel changes based on what we can see (which is what happens on Sundays) . . .

What I heard from someone with some ties to the organization is that Chud was confrontational with Banner and Lombardi because they weren't consulting him before making personnel moves. So Banner and Lombardi got rid of him. Banner and Lombardi reportedly run things like mini-Hitlers (easy to believe for me since Banner operated the same way in Philly).

That might have been a big part of it, if that report is true but the reaction here from the media was that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam left the NY Jets game early and angry and he stormed out of the Pittsburgh game early and fuming.

Haslam is the guy who met with Chud after the game for an hour and a half so it seems like it was the owner's call.

The only roster move that could have sent Chud over the edge was the Bobby Rainey move but the front office got him and it was up to the coaches to get whatever they could from him but Rainey didn't flash anything the short time he was with the Browns.

At that time it seemed like the front office stepped in and shipped him out for Fozzie or whoever they signed at that time.

It sure seemed like Chud wasn't on-board with the T-Rich deal at first if you saw his face during those awkward press conferences that took place directly after that deal went down.

This coaching move seems like the heavy-hand of Jimmy Haslam to me.

to be honest if you guys get Josh McDaniels (as ####ty as this move is), it will probably be worth it.

:lmao:

What a failure of a front office. Chud helps Gordon to become arguably the best young WR in the game. People actually know who Jordan Cameron is now & every QB that start for him this year exceeded expectations (go watch Jason Campbell 2012).

Lombardi will be out of a job within 2 years & shouldn't even have been hired to begin with. Have fun with Josh McDaniels (or whatever yes guy you bring in)

If that idiot Banner hires Josh McDaniels I am done with this team until Banner is gone.

to be honest if you guys get Josh McDaniels (as ####ty as this move is), it will probably be worth it.

Josh looked in-over-his-head with Denver.

- traded away QB Jay Cutler

- traded away WR Brandon Marshall

- traded away one of the first round picks he acquired in the deal for a DB in the 2nd round who fizzled

- he did draft WR Demaryius Thomas but Thomas got injured so McDaniels never saw the fruit of that deal

- drafted QB Tim Tebow in the first round

- drafted RB Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the first round

He started out winning his first six games and was the media darling till the wheels fell off.

He's a local kid who has NFL head coaching experience and from reports, Haslam wants someone with head coaching experience but they would HAVE to keep him boxed out of making top personnel moves since his history is spotty at-best.

Fire a guy after one year, and then want to hire a guy who failed miserably?

Sounds about right for the 2nd worst franchise in sports history.

7 coaches since 1999 and some wonder why this franchise is horrible, not the coaches, most clearly the front office is inept at finding talent and running an organization. Wasn't their first draft pick Couch for crying out loud?